Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Instagram Helped Canadian Born Nigerian Land A Beat On Drake's New Mixtape - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Instagram Helped Canadian Born Nigerian Land A Beat On Drake's New Mixtape (1194 Views)

A Music Review On Drake's One Dance Remix Featuring Justin Bieber / Have You Seen The Album Cover For Drake's New Album #VIEWS (pics) / The 18 Best Lines On Drake’s Meek Mill Diss Tracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram Helped Canadian Born Nigerian Land A Beat On Drake's New Mixtape by Stunner1(f): 1:47am On Feb 19, 2015
Ebony Oshunrinde, aka WondaGurl, has been honing her craft since she was 9 years old. WondaGurl’s talent first came to light at the 2011 Battle of the Beatmakers in Toronto, where as a 14 year old, she competed making it through to the quarter finals. She left an indelible impression with the quality of her work, and her calm, collected demeanour. It was this performance that caught the eye of super-producer Boi-1Da, who took her under his wing as he mentored her at the Remix Project Studio in Toronto.

A year later, WondaGurl took the 2012 Battle of the Beatmakers title, resulting in a huge profile boost. Since the win, she has signed an exclusive management deal with Black Box (Shad, Classified), and placed cuts with French Montana, Travis Scott and landed a cut (“Crown”) on Jay Z’s “Magna Carta Holy Grail.

I sent Drake a video through Instagram and asked, 'Would you rap on this?,'" Wondagurl reveals.

The 18-year-old producer behind Drake’s “Used To” off his surprise release, If Youre Reading This Its Too Late, recently revealed that she sent the beat to him through an unorthodox medium.

During a recent conversation with MTV, Wondagurl says that after finishing the beat, she sent it to Drizzy through the social media platform Instagram.

“I made the beat at my house and then I finished it at a studio,” Wondagurl says. “When I finished it, I sent Drake a video through Instagram, through the Direct Message that they have on there. I sent him the video and asked, ‘Would you rap on this?’ He said it was really hard, but to send it. So, I sent it and it turned into [‘Used To’].”

In addition to "Used To," Wondagurl also co-produced the song “Company” off Drizzy’s latest project. She says that the song came about after sending the beat to Travis Scott who also helped with the work behind the keys.

Later on in the conversation, Wondagurl revealed her aspirations of working with another big name star.

“It’s good,” the teenager from Ontario, Canada says of her production on Drake’s project. “It keeps making me want to work harder. Then I’ll get closer to all my other dreams, too. I’ll get closer to Kanye [West].”

This isn’t Wondagurl’s first production for a major artist either. She also produced “Crown” off Jay Z’s 2013 album, Magna Carta Holy Grail.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2080323/drake-wondagurl-if-youre-reading-this/

1 Like

Re: Instagram Helped Canadian Born Nigerian Land A Beat On Drake's New Mixtape by Stunner1(f): 1:49am On Feb 19, 2015
madtt a.s.s beatmonster... cool
Re: Instagram Helped Canadian Born Nigerian Land A Beat On Drake's New Mixtape by Millate01: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
ok...
Re: Instagram Helped Canadian Born Nigerian Land A Beat On Drake's New Mixtape by Qualer: 6:40am On May 18, 2015
Stunner1:

Bia is that really you on your profile pic?? shocked
Re: Instagram Helped Canadian Born Nigerian Land A Beat On Drake's New Mixtape by TheMascot(m): 6:49am On May 13, 2016
Stunner1:

you a drake fan?..even if u ar not..just say yes
Re: Instagram Helped Canadian Born Nigerian Land A Beat On Drake's New Mixtape by shinx91: 9:12am On May 13, 2016
Omo people don dull ooooo the latest jam by Nano_Sharay and maxiola is out now.

It is "SHAKARA" by Nano ft Maxiola DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://247media.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/shakara_Nano-ft.-Max_KunseptMix.mp3

Guys pls help out I really need this song 2 go viral pls help spread the song so it will trend on all social media platforms

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO : Jahbless – 69 Missed Calls Ft. Olamide, Reminisce, Lil Kesh, CD / New Music : Dj Neptune Ft. Olamide, Boj & Stonebwoy – Baddest (download) / Single Lyrics – Burna Boy Ft. Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.