Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

A Valentine Story Part 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Valentine Story Part 1 (1723 Views)

A Valentine Love Letter For You From Diet234 / [story] Manager’s Villa (rated 18+)...part 1 / Zombie, A Love Story. Part One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Valentine Story Part 1 by J3da: 6:48am On Feb 19, 2015
This is Kemi’s tale. Hope you enjoy!

I have always wondered what the fuss about 14th February really is… I am not being a bad belle or anything oh but imagine all the drama and heart attack just for 24hours.  I even heard some babes go as far as buying gifts for themselves… e no easy o.

Let me introduce myself; I am Kemi, a 24 year old dark-skinned working class girl with big dreams and strong passion to succeed. I like to think I am a beautiful girl with tiny waist and legs that go on forever.

On top of all these attributes, my ex-boyfriend Victor, used me to play better football. I mean, we dated for 6 whole years and the break up was nasty. I was generally pissed at the entire male folk and I decided to channel my anger into something positive, which in my case was my job. You see, when you work in a male-dominated industry, you don’t have a choice but to work extra hard to be taken seriously beyond your pretty face.

Back to the main gist, so it was the 12th of February 2014 and my friends were already making plans for the valentine. Ngozi already booked her ticket to Port Harcourt to see her new bobo and Efe has ordered a dress from Ella.ng for dinner. As for me, I didn’t care or did I? I just didn’t want to care, because I was still hurting from Victor’s bombshell in October of the previous year. I mean, so long as I was concerned, love was a selfish excuse for humans to perpetuate every evil possible on their spouses. My friends were tired of my lack of enthusiasm and I was in turn tired of listening to them nagging me about moving on and finding a new guy.  At least they will leave me in peace in the house and boy, did I have a plan. I had a bottle of good old red wine chilling and a book, so I was ready.

It’s the morning of the 14th and I sent a text to my boss saying I had a bad tummy, I knew that was a bad lie but I just couldn’t deal with all the flowers and cakes that will be trooping into the office all day. Oga responded saying, “take all the time you need, get well soon”, I am sure the man was feeling sorry for my single self as well.

With the coast clear, I suddenly had a fresh surge of energy and decided to make myself a nice full option breakfast. I had to make a quick dash to Spar for eggs and sausages so I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, pulled on a jalabia and rushed out.

For a working day, Spar seemed a little rowdier than the usual, plenty love-struck husbands and boyfriends buying fresh flowers and chocolates. I had my game face on, nothing dey happen… LOL.

PING! PING! It was my darling Ngozi, I wish she will just face her Boyfriend and leave me the hell alone. More pings and I had to check, Chris just engaged her OMG!!! 

That threw me off balance for a second, I wasn’t sure how to react to the news of my best friend being engaged to a guy she met barely 6 months ago. I was still deciding and next thing my phone was flying out of my hands in one direction and I was falling in the other direction, my mind went in a whirlwind and I just said a quick prayer in my mind “God I don’t want a broken leg too”. It must have been forever because the ground seemed too far, I opened my eyes and I was looking into the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen….

……..to be continued……..
Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 19, 2015
@ops, nice write up.
#following#
Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2015
spread mats drinking kunu and waiting

1 Like

Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by tpwealth(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2015
Good job OP
Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by kceemart(f): 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ok o,following bumper 2 bumper.
Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by J3da: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2015
P.s your comments are well appreciated…xoxo!

……. Yes Angel Hunk caught me and I didn’t fall, although my phone screen went to smithereens.

I must have stared with my mouth open like an agbaya, he said “I won’t be able to bring the flies out of your mouth if they fall in”, see embarrassment! If I was an oyinbo babe I would have gone crimson but naija babe no dey dull.  I quickly regained what was left of my composure, muttered thanks and walked away.

On queue to pay for my purchases, I kept thinking “I could have broken a bone oh”, when his voice startled me again. He was right behind me! Did they send this man from my village? But Boy, the guy was sculpted on a Sunday. I used my side eye to scope him as he offered to pay for stuffs.

As we walked out of spar to the parking lot, I had imaginary butterflies dancing azonto in my tummy, I constantly found myself tucking errant strands of hair behind my ears, I just couldn’t believe myself…a convenient excuse would be that it was a rattling morning, first Ngozi’s news which I was happy about by the way and then my fall.

“You haven’t even told me your name, I’m Kemi and I’m thankful to you for coming to my rescue on such short notice” I piqued, I had to be in control.

He smiled and said “I am Daniel and it’s a real pleasure rescuing a pretty damsel in distress” My stomach did like 50 somersaults in one minute. I quickly imagined what Ngozi’s facial expression will be when I tell her.

“Will love to see you again if you don’t mind….got plans for the evening?” He asked again

Oh God No…..“I……don’t have plans” I stammered and he gave a “You just served me my best soup” kind of smile. He asked for my number, I gave him and he left with the promise that he will call me up later in the day.

I got in the car and just headed on home with the incident replaying in my head non-stop. I shouldn’t have given him my number I thought! I shouldn’t have left my house in the first place; I mean I had totally lost appetite for the damn breakfast.

I called Ngozi once I got home and downloaded the gist for how and she kept meowing “awwws” and “ooooos”  plus I couldn’t literally hear the smile in her voice as she went on to gist me about the proposal, it was a bed of roses something. I must have rolled my eyes like 100 times during the gist, like I said earlier; I am not a bad belle oh. I was very happy for her and was already doing mental calculation of bridesmaid dress.

There was very little to do after I got off the phone with Ngobabe, I tried to sleep no way, tried to read, for where! For some reason I could not stop looking at the broken screen of my phone, waiting for the almighty call.

It eventually came at 4pm…a lifetime after, I allowed the phone ring like two times before I picked up (A girl has to form..*wink wink). He was going to be at mine in 30 minutes! After turning my wardrobe upside down, I eventually settled for black crotchet bodycon dress, simple black strappy sandals, lip-gloss and I was ready.

We went to a simple restaurant on Adeola Odeku in the Victoria Island area of Lagos. The evening wasn’t bad at all as we went from talking about ourselves to scoping and gossiping about all the couples around us. It felt like we were old time buddies. The food was great, the ambiance was perfect and the company was Oh My God! Awesome. Like all things, the night came to an end and I was a little sad to go back to my lonely apartment. As we got up to leave, a woman walked up to us and said “Hello Sir, I thought it was you. Don’t you remember me? I am Jumoke your wife’s secondary school friend, how is she?”

“Excuse me?” Daniel Said

…….My whole world stilled

To be continued in the final part……..
Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by AgbenuAnna(f): 6:50am On Feb 26, 2015
please continue.drinking Lipton and waiting for the rest

1 Like

Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by J3da: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
A Valentine Story: Part 3
“Madam I think you have got the wrong person” He said.

“Really, in that case I’m very sorry; you have an uncanny resemblance with my friend’s husband. Although I met him just once at their wedding 3years ago” she chimed.

“I am sorry again, I hope I haven’t embarrassed you…have a lovely evening” she smiled at me and walked away.

I could feel the colour slowly return to my face….phew! Lagos amebo people will not give someone heart attack oh. He squeezed my hands reassuringly and asked if I was ready to go and I nodded stiffly.

A few minutes to midnight, he dropped me off with a quick kiss on my forehead and a promise to call me later. I smiled my way to my door and into my flat…that had to be the longest, most eventful day of my entire life. I just flung myself on my bed and drifted to a long sleep filled with dreams of my angel hunk.

The weekend came and passed in a blur and the girls were back, no word from my mystery man yet. “Kemi come back to this world! You drifted again!” Ngozi yelled jolting me back to the present. I just managed a smile and endured her gists about valentine’s night/her forthcoming wedding.

Monday came with so much arrogance, but I had no choice but to face the bastard head on…I left home real early to beat the traffic and was at my desk by 7.45 am. I had barely settled in when my phone rang and my heart started doing flip-flops…“Hello” I croaked.

“Hi Kemi” It was my boss (Mscheew, this kain early morning?) “Please come to my office” He continued. I rapped at his door and let myself in before he responded. After a brief “how was your weekend” he moved on to work and my mind went fully into work mode.

The rest of the week passed and still no word from Daniel… I told myself I will not call him, na wetin sef?. I just concluded that he was an angel sent to earth on Valentine’s Day to comfort poor me and he has gone back to heaven. I let myself move on.

Saturday came with so much promise, The girls and I had so much planned out; shopping, movies and drinks later on. We were getting ready when the doorbell chimed, Efe rushed off to get it and then she screamed my name “Kemi, it’s for you”. I bounced off from the room not stopping to wonder who it was and then I stopped!

Daniel in all his gorgeousness standing right in our living room smiling, “Hi Kemi”. I wasn’t sure how to react, so I introduced him to Ngozi and Efe that were forming activity in the living room. Amebo children, lol.

We went to the car and he explained that he had to make an emergency business trip to the UK on the day after the 14th and only just got in last night. He couldn’t call because he somehow lost my number hence his showing up at my house unannounced. I swallowed the story hook, line and sinker and we just generally played catching up.

He left after an hour but not without asking me for another date which I accepted.

One year down the line, Loneliness seems a world away from my life, Daniel is everything I have ever unconsciously prayed for, I mean the complete package. In-between our insane work schedules, we still manage to be inseparable. I don’t know what the future holds for  Us, but it sure looks bright.

….It was truly a valentine to remember forever.

……………..The End…………..

1 Like

Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by victor4u(m): 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
Good job
Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by Mobillz: 9:49am On Mar 24, 2017
Hey sup ? I've seen your posts, interesting comments & how you interact with other's & was convinced you are not only beautiful on the outside but also inside as well. I was intrigued & decided to look for a way to get in touch with you!

AgbenuAnna:
spread mats drinking kunu and waiting
Re: A Valentine Story Part 1 by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mobillz:
Hey sup ? I've seen your posts, interesting comments & how you interact with other's & was convinced you are not only beautiful on the outside but also inside as well. I was intrigued & decided to look for a way to get in touch with you!

Thanks.For now am not on any social media except nl,I deleted the rest.I have many PMS I haven't attended to.
just send me mail using a different title so I can reply you .

(1) (Reply)

Compatible (complete Story) / Kisses 'n' Roses Moved To Kiss, Piss And Tell / Thirty Things You Must Do Before You Are Thirty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.