Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? (6219 Views)

List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget / GEJ Has Constructed 25,000KM Of Roads...what A Lie! / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by stigman(m): 10:26am On Feb 19, 2015
saintkash:

if it does then wat stops u and gej from using d word "rehabilitated" instead of "constructed".
thief should be called a thief and ole be called "ole". gej-2015

Make we forget all this english, when you rehabilitate you construct at same time, its even cheaper and easier to contruct new roads, I know you didn't make use of any of the roads when work was going, u will see that its the same thing with constructing a new one
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Delafruita(m): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2015
Rad1cal:

Will you stop lying, how many inner roads in Lag were paved with interlockung stones and how many of those roads were started from scratch.

You are talking to a resident lagosian.
a resident lagosian will know what i am talking about

1 Like

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by cooljude(m): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2015
Delafruita:
i wouldnt want to say u lack comprehension skills else how will you keep failing to get the point.its not in doubt that GEJ has worked on roads,but are those roads up to 25,000km as claimed?onitsha to owerri is 78km.GEJ will need to construct almost 310 of that road to make 25,000km.the question is has he constructed or rehabilitated up to 310 of onitsha-owerri road?
You too lack comprehension, a question was asked and i said i believe that he did that and i was stating examples but as usual you just hate this administeration and you would rather believe that since the beginning of his tenure he had done nothing. Probably, you would rather believe he slept through his period in government.

1 Like

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by cooljude(m): 10:30am On Feb 19, 2015
Delafruita:
i wouldnt want to say u lack comprehension skills else how will you keep failing to get the point.its not in doubt that GEJ has worked on roads,but are those roads up to 25,000km as claimed?onitsha to owerri is 78km.GEJ will need to construct almost 310 of that road to make 25,000km.the question is has he constructed or rehabilitated up to 310 of onitsha-owerri road?
You too lack comprehension, a question was asked and i said i believe that he did that and i was stating examples but as usual you just hate this administeration and you would rather believe that since the beginning of his tenure he had done nothing. Probably, you would rather believe he slept through his period in government. Talk about not complementing the good part of his tenure.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by jdilight(m): 10:34am On Feb 19, 2015
Delafruita:
The proponents of continuity for GEJ list among his achievements the construction of 25,000km of roads.they state this as a reason to vote him again but then it gets me wondering.lagos state though the smallest in nigeria has one of the most extensive road networks in nigeria.its interesting to note that lagos has 5,500km of roads inclusive of about 11% been federal roads.goin by the assertion of the GEJ campaign,they have constructed roads that are fives times the size of all the roads in lagos state.i dont mean to be a doubting thomas,but i dont think any government needs to advertise 25,000km of roads if indeed that assertion is true.i believe this claim to be false And i urge the GEJ camp to refrain from spreading falsehood

If your a traveler, you will know that Goodluck administration has constructed alot of roads. Am not certain about the km, but he has surpassed all previous federal government in this capacity.

1 Like

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Change2015(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2015
Immune1:

Get an engineer's perspective on the design/finishing of GEJ roads!!! The railway system will soon be privatized; what government is doing now 'in the road context' is building roads and running ABC transport and CHISCO..........its not sustainable on the long run. But nonetheless goods and humans are already being transported by rail; you can research further and find out the freight that leaves Apapa by rail and the people transported daily.

Lol. I travel by road frequently enough to see the work being done. As they block off one part of the express for 'repairs' ALL the traffic has to use the other side of the road which does not exactly increase its lifespan? As for the drainage, there are still many places where water accumulates which further hastens decay. What is the engineers perspective on that?

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Immune1(m): 10:39am On Feb 19, 2015
Change2015:

Lol. I travel by road frequently enough to see the work being done. As they block off one part of the express for 'repairs' ALL the traffic has to use the other side of the road which does not exactly increase its lifespan? As for the drainage, there are still many places where water accumulates which further hastens decay. What is the engineers perspective on that?

#change
#GMB
#APC

Lemme reiterate; GET AN ENGINEER'S PERSPECTIVE
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by arewaboy(m): 10:42am On Feb 19, 2015
Here in the northeast the situation on our roads remain the same since obasanjo's era only Gombe-Yola was patched.
Gombe-biu-maiduguri was on the campaign list of jonathan during the 2011 elections..
Gombe-bauchi
Gombe-biu-mubi is the worst dead trap.
only Gombe-Darazo road is on good track now.
All the federal highways here have been abandoned.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Chigold101(m): 10:43am On Feb 19, 2015
Delafruita:
you dont need to be insultive to pass across your message.yes i do travel but thats beside the point.the lagos ibadan expressway is 140km in lenght.Gej will need to construct almost 179 roads of same lenght to lay claim to such a feat.its simple common sense
did GEJ or anybody in his government ever they said they have constructed 25000 roads? Please show us the place where GEJ said such a thing...
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by justhelp(m): 10:47am On Feb 19, 2015
Atlantian:
Yes, he has constructed more than that. The question is, do you even travel out of your grand mother's kitchen to see things ?
why did u have to insult to prove ur point, if the claim is true name the roads and date and year of construction and commission by Gej
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by chamboy(m): 10:49am On Feb 19, 2015
Conclusion - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Did not Rehabilitate or Reconstruct 25,000km Roads

1 Like

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by justhelp(m): 10:50am On Feb 19, 2015
jdilight:

If your a traveler, you will know that Goodluck administration has constructed alot of roads. Am not certain about the km, but he has surpassed all previous federal government in this capacity.
why is it difficult for some of you to state the roads and where they are constructed ?
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by jdilight(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2015
justhelp:
why is it difficult for some of you to state the roads and where they are constructed ?

Lagos ore road. From east to lagos the popular road I have traveled has a new face lift.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by shiningshina(m): 11:06am On Feb 19, 2015
So, the conclusion is:

GEJ LIED, AS USUAL.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by saintkash(m): 11:12am On Feb 19, 2015
stigman:

Make we forget all this english, when you rehabilitate you construct at same time, its even cheaper and easier to contruct new roads, I know you didn't make use of any of the roads when work was going, u will see that its the same thing with constructing a new one

we were advised by our president to always use d right words to describe issues. .. and if gej truly constructed 25000km I don't think it should be advertised on tv or something. .. rather it will b visible even to d blinds.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by deanoffaculty: 11:22am On Feb 19, 2015
Thank God for my private Jet!
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by justhelp(m): 11:23am On Feb 19, 2015
jdilight:

Lagos ore road. From east to lagos the popular road I have traveled has a new face lift.
newly constructed ?
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by mekaboy(m): 11:29am On Feb 19, 2015
9jatriot:
OP is talking about kilometers (KM) not whether he has travelled or not. 25,000KM of roads in Nigeria will scream at you, you will not need pictures to prove it, that s the point I suspect OP is trying to make not whether he de travel or not. The refurbished roads non be human being build am before wen una non go let person hear word. Its like saying the mechanic that fixes your car is now better than the engineer who first built i.

So all the road go surround the ops house so he can stay in the same location and see all the roads.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by stigman(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2015
saintkash:

we were advised by our president to always use d right words to describe issues. .. and if gej truly constructed 25000km I don't think it should be advertised on tv or something. .. rather it will b visible even to d blinds.

It can only be visible when you travel around the country
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 19, 2015
olapluto:
Every single 'achievement' listed by GEJ is either exaggerated or an outright lie. From 25000 KM road, to Ebola, to 12 universities, to YouWin, Sure-P, almajiri school, etc.
GEJ should be lucky that APC is not picking holes in these lifelines GEJ is holding on to. How else does one rationalise a government that wants to use IT to curb corruption but is afraid of electronic card reader by INEC.
Since you seem to know better than GEJ tell me what's exaggerated about the programmes you listed. Tell me what's exaggerated about the 12 universities. Is it that they arent up to 12, weren't estalsihed by GEJ, not being funded by GEJ, not distributed to states that hadn't any before. Is it that the universities don't have students admitted into them or that they haven't created new jobs directly and indiretly?
What's exaggerated about the YOUWin programme? Is it that people aren't winning or arent being given the money they won? Is it that the beneficiaries arent creating jobs themselves? Is it that the benefiiaies aren't Nigerians?
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by mekaboy(m): 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2015
op, i want u to travel all these road after u read this. http://www.today.ng/opinion/how-jonathan-is-breaking-new-grounds-for-road-sector/
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by 9jatriot(m): 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2015
mekaboy:

So all the road go surround the ops house so he can stay in the same location and see all the roads.

Bros, we don't need to quarrel about this. Using the format below, tell us how we arrived at 25,000KM.
Constructed roads are not conceptual products, they are physical products that can be seen, that is what OP wants to know.

1: Benin-Ore Rd: 468KM
2. Lag-Ibadan Rd: 148KM
3: ...
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by 9jatriot(m): 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
APContherun:

Since you seem to know better than GEJ tell me what's exaggerated about the programmes you listed. Tell me what's exaggerated about the 12 universities. Is it that they arent up to 12, weren't estalsihed by GEJ, not being funded by GEJ, not distributed to states that hadn't any before. Is it that the universities don't have students admitted into them or that they haven't created new jobs directly and indiretly?
What's exaggerated about the YOUWin programme? Is it that people aren't winning or arent being given the money they won? Is it that the beneficiaries arent creating jobs themselves? Is it that the benefiiaies aren't Nigerians?

Which of those 12 universities is up to the standard of the ones you went to as bad as those ones were? Which of the 12 universities will you send your child to (I want a name of the particular school). Tell me what YOUwin does that Bank of Industry is not equipped to do and how many direct and indirect jobs were created. juxtapose that with the telecoms industry that created direct and indirect jobs and the bank reconsolidation that led to a lot of banks having to recruit to meet the demands.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by PointB: 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
I don't know the length of Benin-Ore road or Onitsha-Owerri Road, I am just glad my travel time from Lagos to Owerri has been cut by close to 5hrs in the past 2 years. I am more than grateful for whoever did this!
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Sunky200: 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
Delafruita:
The proponents of continuity for GEJ list among his achievements the construction of 25,000km of roads.they state this as a reason to vote him again but then it gets me wondering.lagos state though the smallest in nigeria has one of the most extensive road networks in nigeria.its interesting to note that lagos has 5,500km of roads inclusive of about 11% been federal roads.goin by the assertion of the GEJ campaign,they have constructed roads that are fives times the size of all the roads in lagos state.i dont mean to be a doubting thomas,but i dont think any government needs to advertise 25,000km of roads if indeed that assertion is true.i believe this claim to be false And i urge the GEJ camp to refrain from spreading falsehood

my friend, refuse to be brainwashed, intimidated or mislead in any way/form of any propaganda-ism.
Lagos to England is 5004km.
so, how on earth would GEJ have 5 * 5004km roads constructed in 4 years and you and I still don't know about it?

you chose what you believe, chose either lies or crystallike truth. …
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Abagworo(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
In Abia, Anambra, Akwaibom, Bayelsa, Crossriver, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo that I have plied well, the total length of constructed federal roads is not up to 300km.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Delafruita(m): 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
9jatriot:

Bros, we don't need to quarrel about this. Using the format below, tell us how we arrived at 25,000KM.
Constructed roads are not conceptual products, they are physical products that can be seen, that is what OP wants to know.

1: Benin-Ore Rd: 468KM
2. Lag-Ibadan Rd: 148KM
3: ...
benin-ore rd is 145km.phase I of 70km was commissioned by GEJ sept last year.work on phase II is yet to begin.even the phase I was started by OBJ and continued by yar'adua before GEJ finished it
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Delafruita(m): 1:01pm On Feb 19, 2015
PointB:
I don't know the length of Benin-Ore road or Onitsha-Owerri Road, I am just glad my travel time from Lagos to Owerri has been cut by close to 5hrs in the past 2 years. I am more than grateful for whoever did this!
a lot of Nigerians are grateful for that.however,embelishment of such achievements dont go down well with most people.its as if politicians assume we will swallow whatever they say hook line and sinker.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by 9jatriot(m): 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
Delafruita:
benin-ore rd is 145km.phase I of 70km was commissioned by GEJ sept last year.work on phase II is yet to begin.even the phase I was started by OBJ and continued by yar'adua before GEJ finished it

Oh so I am even wrong in terms of that distance. Then Lagos Ibadan will be even less. Lets assume that the 70KM was started and completed by GEJ, if we can get the road built vs the distance, we can use a calculator to add it up.
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by halimaabi: 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
www.punchng.com › News
Feb 11, 2015 - The Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, on Tuesday said ... But the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway that is 404km and has not been done.

Delafruita:
i doubt you have even travelled on the lagos -ibadan expressway.do you know what 404km is?i have been passing that road for 20years and drivin on it for the last 13years.i know how it used to be,i know how it is now
Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Delafruita(m): 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
halimaabi:

www.punchng.com › News
Feb 11, 2015 - The Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, on Tuesday said ... But the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway that is 404km and has not been done.

www.punchn.com >
HE Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, will likely end his term of office as a failure – just as his immediate predecessors – if the ministry continues to dawdle about the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria’s busiest highway. Considering the effusive promises the minister made last November when the Federal Government tore up the ill-advised concession of the 125-kilometre road to Bi-Courtney Highway Services, it is inexplicable that the remedial works assigned to two construction firms, Julius Berger Plc and RCC, and the proper reconstruction, which Onolememen pledged would start in the first quarter of 2013, have been abandoned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"P.D.P" Has Been Ruling Nigeria For 15 Years?- A.P.C / Nasarawa Took N28bn Bank Loans In Five Years –NLC / (photo) Robber With Six Pack Meets His End After He Was Caught In Ebonyi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.