Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny (13268 Views)

Isiaka Adeleke Died Of Drug Overdose – Sahara Reporters / Dino Melaye Was Impeached For Stealing TV In ABU Zaria - Sahara Reporters / IGP Idris Poses With His Mistress Amina - Sahara Reporters (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by bubbles34(m): 10:19am On Feb 19, 2015
Na wa 4 u o o.m.o.k.r.i

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by bonechamberlain(m): 10:19am On Feb 19, 2015
nice points

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:20am On Feb 19, 2015
Why this rant? Thought he sued SR....

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 19, 2015
If Ynaija blog tells me Abacha has resurrected from the dead, I will believe....if Sahara Reporters affirms that Abacha is dead, I will go to Abacha's residence in Kano and tell Abacha's family that I want to see him because he has resurrected!

3 Likes

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by talktimi(m): 10:21am On Feb 19, 2015
doctokwus:
First point:all the elaborate and deliberate attempt to be seen by all the people Omokri claimed to have sighted him that day gives one an impression he was deliberately trying to create an alibi,while the deed was being done.
Second point: That linda ikeji blog and so called naij blog are now way ahead of sahara reporters is childish tantrum best suited for the waste bin.
SR may not totally be accurate in its reports,but it remains one of the topmost news sites out there with increasing patronage and access to topmost news.
Reno Omokri is not even fit to be making any claims of factuality against a reliable medium like SR because he has been shown severally to be a serial liar and identity theft culprit.
you people are so evil I swear
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Prodeegee(m): 10:21am On Feb 19, 2015

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by tociano009(m): 10:21am On Feb 19, 2015
Biggty:
This omokori just love attention
so if they are lying against your father, he will not defend himself. .stop hatred
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by frainc(m): 10:22am On Feb 19, 2015
"SA" is created for a purpose
And the purpose is to paint this nation bad
Take it or leave it
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Ramcie(f): 10:22am On Feb 19, 2015
Wow! Reno is pained. All your articles always come up on Linda Ikeji's blog how won't you praise her grin grin please direct all your anger to Jona I know the resent appointment is paining you. If you can try to frame up Sanusi then Sahara Reporters too can frame you up wink

uncle Reno you thief money abi you no thief money tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by dvee2: 10:23am On Feb 19, 2015
doctokwus:
First point:all the elaborate and deliberate attempt to be seen by all the people Omokri claimed to have sighted him that day gives one an impression he was deliberately trying to create an alibi,while the deed was being done.
Second point: That linda ikeji blog and so called naij blog are now way ahead of sahara reporters is childish tantrum best suited for the waste bin.
SR may not totally be accurate in its reports,but it remains one of the topmost news sites out there with increasing patronage and access to topmost news.
Reno Omokri is not even fit to be making any claims of factuality against a reliable medium like SR because he has been shown severally to be a serial liar and identity theft culprit.

Exactly my thoughts, how can sahara reporters call you to verify certain facts knowing you will defend your pay master by whatever means.
CNN, Newyork times, bloomberg, punch, channels tv etc are all biase and pro APC in your eyes.
By trying to create an alibi, it's most curious that you know what you are doing

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Nelgenius4me(m): 10:27am On Feb 19, 2015
I have lost all gimt of respect for Sahara reporter since the day they fabricated lies on GEJ campaign visit in Adamawa state and other numerous false stories which have been verified to contradict the truth. I wish Tell Magazine and Weekly News will resurrect and go online- if not we shall just wake up one day and found out that our news papers have sold Nigerian to the Highest bidder.

3 Likes

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Bolade005: 10:27am On Feb 19, 2015
Mr Reno Omokri, for as long as I live in Nigeria, I will continue to believe almost all news that comes out of SR cos they've shown on a number of occasions to be a reliable and trusted website.

They were the first to tell us about Stella Oduah's scandal and it turned out to be true. They told us about Mr Ebele pardoning Alamieyesiegha or whatever and it turned out to be true. Again, they told us about election postponement and that turned out to be correct. Lastly, they first brought the idea of ING to the public notice and just few days ago, Baba Obasanjo confirmed this and even PEJ and Okupe mentioned something not entirely far from the ING of a thing and you Mr Omokri expect us to completely disregard SR now?, you be joker o.

Anyways, whether you and Mr Ebele likes it or not, we are swearing in a new government on the 29th of May, 2015.

SaiBuhari.
Vote GMB / PYO 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 19, 2015
It is a pity that most Nigerian youths cannot think for themselves anymore. They just believe everything that is written. When this story broke out, I know for a certain it was a false news and I will stand by that.

How can a tenant have 25 million naira in a Gana-must-go bag in his room? and if that happened, why haven't he reported to the police yet? Until this is answered, the story is false.

2 Likes

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Sobeautiful: 10:35am On Feb 19, 2015
Sahara reporters have already messed up themselves before now. Nobody believes anything they write. If u read any article there, u have to verify from other media. And most times they would be the only ones carrying this blackmails. Quite unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by omenka(m): 10:36am On Feb 19, 2015
Dude is actually scared he's about to completely lose his job. cheesy

Stop crying O'mockery.

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by LydiaBI(f): 10:37am On Feb 19, 2015
Bla bla bla.....
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by dre11(m): 10:38am On Feb 19, 2015
Has Reno Omokiri gone broke just these few days

I thought he said sharareporters where being sponsors by APC beforeundecided

When sharareporters where fighting the cabal to install GEJ as the President....... He see something good in them.
But now because they are against the evils and rot by his paymaster, he has now demonize them.
Wendell smith alias Reno will never change

2 Likes

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by obowunmi(m): 10:40am On Feb 19, 2015
Sahara Reporters does more harm than good.

They need to be shut down.

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by philips70(m): 10:42am On Feb 19, 2015
I have searched and searched but couldn't find this "so long a letter" when the case of Wendell Simlin came up. For a year now there's hardly a day that name is not mentioned on social media yet Mr Wendell refused to address the issue. Is this letter now an acceptance of Wendell Simlin given that he kept mute on it like fellow Abuja pastor Biodun of COZA? "Pastor" Reno Wendell Omokri Simlin aka Beaf is a shameless crook and one of the characters that put Nigeria in the history books as one of the most corrupt countries in the world. GEJ surely carries so much wasteful and criminal baggage in his scrotums.

2 Likes

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by LewsTherin: 10:43am On Feb 19, 2015
Typical reactions.

A pot calling a kettle black doesn't change the fact that the kettle is black. When a news outlet gets the news wrong a good portion of the time, then such outlet has bevome little more than a tabloid. When a journalist begins to seeks and publish only negetives about a particular person/group, he has become a PR agent for someone else.

Our choices as a nation are terrible. We are danmed if we do and danmed if we don't. Maybe the best option is for us all to vote for Comfort Oluremi Sonaya of KOWA. After all, she's the only candidate different from ALL the others in the sense that she's a woman!

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Topeakintola: 10:43am On Feb 19, 2015
obowunmi:
Sahara Reporters does more harm than good.

They need to be shut down.

Thankfully your evil government cant, they are not based in Nigeria

U cannot suppress d truth

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by eleko1: 10:43am On Feb 19, 2015
Rhino Omokirikiri the pathetic liar,thief sad
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by caselessogbuagu: 10:49am On Feb 19, 2015
holatin:
One of the codes of the ethics of journalism is that
journalists should take responsibility for the accuracy
of their work by verifying information before releasing
it and use original sources whenever possible.

really tell me why AIT and nta propagate propaganda to discredit buhari.

fela only mentioned buhari in beast of no nation, he called him a crazy fellow not a corrupt person but AIT and nta edit the only part he mention buhari.

Buhari didn't not expel Ghanaian from Nigeria,
shagari of the npn did. but AIT didnt verify before the spiteful documentary.

Gloria okon did not disappear under buhari, but PDP,AIT and GEJ propagate dat.

buhari never say he will make Nigeria ungovernable but you satanist keep spreading the lies.

Abeg what will you call not and AIT.

so omockey go and die

will be back to modify

Wendell is a pastor, I never knew this. And they don't want osinbajo to join politics.
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by uchennamani(m): 10:51am On Feb 19, 2015
oilpoo:
what do we believe? undecided
You simply believe saharareporters. I'm not holding a brief for them. Some of their excesses are quite documented. But they remain the best news source as far as Nigerian politics is concerned. They were the first to broadcast that the presidential election will be shifted. They were the first to categorically broadcast that the late president yaradua is dead. So I think that I should give it to then. On a balance of probabilities, I'm likely to believe them than a serial liar and character killer.
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by obailala(m): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2015
ochejoseph:
When saharareporters.com was created, it was seen as a website that would promote good governance and social Justice by removing the veil that gave some governments and government officials cover to do things that did not promote the well being of the citizens and the nation they governed.

[size=14pt]The site quickly established a reputation as a medium for ground breaking news and Nigerians flocked to the site making it the most popular website in Nigeria as at 2009.[/size]
Oh Yes!... why am I not surprised?

To every supporter of Jonathan, Sahara Reporters was Godly until Jonathan became president. As soon as GEJ became president and the same angelic SR turned their searchlight on his misdeeds, Sahara Reporters became devils...

I laugh in Urhobo grin cheesy.. Meanwhile, can someone kindly remind me what 'omokri' means in Urhobo? grin
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Skoopy(m): 10:53am On Feb 19, 2015
Omokri, just go back to your church if that is really your calling, I tell you, politics will do you no good, it would rather destroy you.
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 19, 2015
SR, but I do not understand why they are now using white presenters on their YouTube.

Also they seem to criticise African leaders that do not conform to the West's dictates.

1 Like

Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Sobeautiful: 10:59am On Feb 19, 2015
Sahara Reporters can only be described as an association of cock and bull story tellers.
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by saintopus(m): 11:01am On Feb 19, 2015
I removed SR as one of my bookmarks years ago. Even NL is more better than SR
Re: Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2015
As clueless as expected. This is just transfer of anger 4 losing his position in Stealing is not corruption man social media team. Omokri d dumbo grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Outlook Raised To Stable By S&P On Tinubu’s Reforms / 61 Chibok Girls Married To Boko Haram Terrorists- Reports / Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.