Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

Same Place Different Year Around The World. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Same Place Different Year Around The World. (37941 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Sunnymatey(m): 7:38am On Mar 11, 2015
Nigeria could have been somehow better-of where we are now if not for the likes of Buhari and co. Who succeded in draging us backward with their continous millitary intervention over the years. Now for instance, compare Nigerians towns betwn 1999 and now in terms of physical structures. Much more development had taken place u will agree with me.

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Alphaoscar: 7:47am On Mar 11, 2015
October1960:
Eko Atlantic is a silly stupid idea! Just another method to steal and waste money. Does Lagos really need that! There is no steady electricity, no proper means to dispose of sewage, no plan for clean water - seriously what are these people thinking!

Is the amount stolen not enough for their great grand kids!! Look at the so called public schools! Should all the aforementioned not be the priority of a sane government?

Is the Nigerian population cursed with stupid, wicked and greedy thieves for leadership in government and politics?

I pray you live long to celebrate the success of that initiative. You are thinking about the present while the initiators are thinking ahead.
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by slim147(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2015
agoadiv:
THIS IS THE CHANGE WE NEED IN NIGERIA....

change is an event its a process, you cant get this in even 10years, it will take some time...
Everyone just want overnight miracle... and you think Buhari can change everything within
10years Oga go find job pls and stop blaming any politician for your joblessness

VOTE WISELY

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 11, 2015
dem don come, we no go hear word again
all these buhari and jonathan fanatics

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by PLEXPLEX(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2015
agoadiv:
THIS IS THE CHANGE WE NEED IN NIGERIA....

VOTE WISELY

BUT CURRENT CHANGE EXPONENT CANT TAKE U THERE BUT WITH THE TRANSFORMING GOVERNMENT WE CAN GET THERE
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2015
Amefrica:

Nice pictures you've got here. Good job! cheesy

Canada wins! kiss

Thanks bro, hw is ur chick wink
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by networkgenuis: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2015
Sile12:
15. Shanghai, 1980 and now.

Pudong, Shanghai. An architectural marvel kiss

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2015
LewisO:
[size=15pt] To be sincere this (op) really tried for uploading those pics. shocked[/size]

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 11, 2015
Funjosh:
Sile12

Who did the people of Normandy offended

I no no o bros..
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by buskie13(m): 8:27am On Mar 11, 2015
Sile12:

Thanks bro.
u are welcome cool
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by iamord(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2015
NAIJASOM:
0nitsha in March 1961 -2009

very slow urbanisation

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2015
RaptorX:
Op where did you find the colour 1609 picture of Manhattan when photography wasn't invented yet, talk less of aerial colour photography.

And the island of Manhattan was inhabited, it wasn't an empty swampland by 1609, it was known as New Amsterdam. The English explorer Henry Hudson first sailed down the Hudson River in the 1500's.

Have you heard about colourised tech? Its a digital world, Google colourised pictures from the past and quote me later.

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by chukxie(m): 8:32am On Mar 11, 2015
@ Op: Great job!
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2015
bisi16:
This is d best topic i've seen since I joined nairaland. I've never bn this thrilled. Weldon Op

Thanks bro.
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 11, 2015
chukxie:
@ Op: Great job!

Thanks bro.
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 11, 2015
Thanks mods;
justwise
Ishilove
Obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2015
alhajiwada:

Dude better check your facts....THERE WERE NO DOUBLE DECKER BUSES IN 1890!
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Feraz(m): 9:14am On Mar 11, 2015
October1960:
Hope we can experience such positive change. China especially is to be commended. No society is perfect but the leaders have tried for their people. They truly fight corruption (several high ranking officials have been executed for stealing (GEJ))

The monies Nigeria earned to be able to develop is sitting in Swiss bank accounts and in the UK and US.

Think about it China developed without oil money! They worked hard and live a frugal life, rather than our show off blink blink lifestyle.
Yeah. . . I am impressed with China. Apart from developing without oil money, they believed in themselves and where their 'fake' technology could take them and it has brought them this far that even multinationals outsource their manufacturing specs to them (especially electronics and other technology). India is towing the same path, making stuff and also investing heavily in nanotech and space technology. Had Nigeria followed this same path sometime after the civil war, I believe we will not be where we are technologically (but alas, we are still battling hurts of the war, corruption, tribalism and nepotism).

Most of these countries being uploaded here tell different stories which Nigeria can benefit from and also learn of their mistakes and where those mistakes have gotten them, notice how long it took them and they were consistent.

Doha - Oil money
China, Singapore, Germany, Japan - human resources, science, engineering and technology (bedrock for the development of any nation - they took education serious, if given opportunity to study in Germany, I will wink)
Malaysia - Agriculture
Afghanistan - war

Sile12, I am particularly interested in South Korea (I mean, after how many years of war, that country has really transformed that they have how many multinationals and also are into ship and ocean technology)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by akigbemaru: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2015
cities around the world with transformation.
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

Why the shame of a thing nah,Yes,the Abuja of 1960 is not the Abuja of today,if the OP couldn't do that atleast appreciate the ones he uploaded,A thread read"Humans Of Lagos" Your own is "Humans of Nairaland"You will never be satisfy,Say thank you Sile12 and stop All hail of a thing #Peace#

No mind am the bros joor, funny thing Lagos and kano they the list o. Making comments without checking the thread.
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Funjosh(m): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2015
Sile12:

I no no o bros..

men they almost flattened the city, yet it still stand. I had to google normandy this morning just to read more about the land. Thanks and weldone you did a great work. cool
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 11, 2015
Feraz:
Yeah. . . I am impressed with China. Apart from developing without oil money, they believed in themselves and where their 'fake' technology could take them and it has brought them this far that even multinationals outsource their manufacturing specs to them (especially electronics and other technology). India is towing the same path, making stuff and also investing heavily in nanotech and space technology. Had Nigeria followed this same path sometime after the civil war, I believe we will not be where we are technologically (but alas, we are still battling hurts of the war, corruption, tribalism and nepotism).

Most of these countries being uploaded here tell different stories which Nigeria can benefit from and also learn of their mistakes and where those mistakes have gotten them, notice how long it took them and they were consistent.

Doha - Oil money
China, Singapore, Germany, Japan - human resources, science, engineering and technology (bedrock for the development of any nation - they took education serious, if given opportunity to study in Germany, I will wink)
Malaysia - Agriculture
Afghanistan - war

Sile12, I am particularly interested in South Korea (I mean, after how many years of war, that country has really transformed that they have how many multinationals and also are into ship and ocean technology)

We even running to south Korea to school, greener pasture even.
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by EasyBundles(m): 9:22am On Mar 11, 2015
Now, dats definition of change frm sensible perspective
Come to Nigeria and u shall c another definition entirely
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by sam121(m): 9:23am On Mar 11, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

Why the shame of a thing nah,Yes,the Abuja of 1960 is not the Abuja of today,if the OP couldn't do that atleast appreciate the ones he uploaded,A thread read"Humans Of Lagos" Your own is "Humans of Nairaland"You will never be satisfy,Say thank you Sile12 and stop All hail of a thing #Peace#
Thank U so much...
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 11, 2015
Funjosh:

men they almost flattened the city, yet it still stand. I had to google normandy this morning just to read more about the land. Thanks and weldone you did a great work. cool

I believe these transformations became possible because citizens of these nations are united, focused, not greedy and not selfish. But a nation that the citizens are not united, not focused, but they're greedy and selfish. These transformation might be difficult, when few leaders are single handedly stealing Billions of $ that re supposed to used for these transformations to themselves. What do you expect

Change!
Change!
Change!
Change!
Change!
Change!
Change!
Change!
Change!
Change!
Change!

Not the campaign Change oooo...
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Feraz(m): 9:37am On Mar 11, 2015
Sile12:

We even running to south Korea to school, greener pasture even.
Honestly, I do not blame people for going over there. That country is a model for any country that wishes to transform its engineering and technology sector ditto China. We have started going to Cyprus also.

Either Nigeria learns to invest wisely and transform into a city better than Dubai and Doha with the oil money; invest in Science, Engineering and Technology and become a place like China, Germany, South Korea; further agriculture like Malaysia or we leave things the way they are and become war torn like Afghanistan or Syria.

1 Like

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 11, 2015
Nigeria has everything to look like a great nation, but we must first tackle the problem of government instability and insecurity.
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by xtielauder(f): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2015
I no see naija b4 n now
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by richidinho(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2015
LOOK AT THIS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2015
xtielauder:
I no see naija b4 n now

Is there sis, maybe if u gat d time 2 check again.
Re: Same Place Different Year Around The World. by bungechu: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2015
TRANSFORMATIONS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. / Pastor Survives Accident Which Killed 6 On Lagos-Ibadan Road. Graphic Photos / Dear Lagosians,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.