Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story (31747 Views)

Tope Aluko Escape DSS Arrest As Channels TV Staff Helps Him / A Crew Member Of Channels TV Was Stabbed At The Disrupted APC Rally In Rivers / Charles Eruka Reporting Live In Rivers Amidst Gunshot (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Trending(m): 12:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
Channels TV’s Senior Correspondent, Charles Erukaa, on Wednesday narrated his ordeal during the disrupted All Progressives Congress (APC) rally in Okrika, Rivers State, where he was stabbed with a broken bottle after reporting the incident.

“Initially I got the impression that jubilant supporters were lighting off fire works. But when the sound of the gunfire increased in intensity, that is where we realised that this was risky business.

“The police told those of us that were caught up in the middle of the rally ground to lay on the floor”, he said, adding that “I crawled up to the cameraman, who had been conducting interviews with me, and told him lets just give the people a feel of what is going on in the place and that is how we were able to capture the stampede that occurred when the gun fire came”.

Mr Erukaa, while speaking via phone on Sunrise Daily, further noted that “it was after the police had evacuated the venue that the hoodlums and thugs now descended on the arena”.

He also confirmed the death of “one policeman and an injured DSS official”, revealing that ‘”there were also reports of other people killed during the gun battle, but the casualty figure at this moment cannot be confirmed.

“The police were able to secure the environment where the rally had taken place, probably to either take on the attackers if they appeared, or to prevent looters from carting away the property of people who owned the Public Address System (PAS) and other media houses that abandoned their property because they had to flee for dear lives”, he said.

He said the attackers came through the creeks, sneaked to the venue of the rally and set up the explosions, adding that “some of the buildings near the venue of the rally were set on fire, either by the use of petrol or the effect of the explosions”.

Sporadic gunshot in Okrika on Tuesday disrupted the APC governorship rally at the National Secondary School, in Rivers State.

Shooters were unseen and no one could tell from which direction the gunfire was coming but it appeared to be from all around the venue of the APC rally.

The Benue-born journalist reported the incident live from the venue of the rally.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/02/18/okrika-rally-first-thought-fireworks-charles-erukaa/
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by AmucheJane(f): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Nawa o. Sorry dear, is well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by temitemi1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
Pelee ooooooo... Next time stay away from apc because nothing good comes from them! GEJ till 2019!!!

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
GEJ, PDP,, THIS IS UR HANDIWORK...

THERE IS GOD OO..

I REP ONE WORD ONLY

"# CHANGE

DAT sa.tan ABOVE ME,

ITS because OF PPLE LIKE U THAT NIGERIA IS STILL BACKWARDS.. IMMAGINE SOMEBODY BEING HAPPY IN SUFFERING. ..

I PITY U ... I PRAY GOD WILL OPEN UR EYES TO SEE D TRUTH

142 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Vision4God: 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thank God ur alive to tell ur story. Be more careful

8 Likes

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by saaedlee: 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2015
I thank God he is alive... God will punish whosoever was behind those attacks.
Let me ask a question, if it was PDP's state campaign that was disrupted with suchh violence would the "USELESS NPF State Director" come up with the statement that it was a cult clash? God so bless I wasn't posted there, na die all those boys for experience!

But this reporter sef, you would have given those thugs the phone na!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by hazyfm1: 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
JOURNALISTS I HAIL OOO

3 Likes

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by apidum(m): 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
take heart

2 Likes

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Seaen(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2015
I almost knew this was coming after watching his James Bond reportage. Thank God he wasn't killed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
Sorry. No vex grin
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by maclatunji: 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
Such barbarism is awful. Alarmingly, the government has not come out to condemn the violence in Okrika.

9 Likes

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Trending(m): 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
Seun lalasticlala mynd obinoscopy this 1 fit reach d promise land?
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by dunkem21(m): 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
Bros, sorry o.
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Creamz(m): 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
Too much politics of bitterness
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by holatin(m): 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
God I don't need much this year, just eradicate the saTANist from Nigeria.

buhari/pyo
buhari4change

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hi every one, I'm single and ready to mingle. I need a matured and God fearing lady i can start a close friendship with. My bbm pin is 5141-8078. Thanks

Single ladies only and please no GAYS or guys should add me
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
SA-TAN-IST handwork...u go no dem by dere trademark. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by okoviv2sure(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
Na war o. Someone has come down...having great anger.
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by tempem: 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
Am listening.
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by jingh(f): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
His kingmen threatened nt 2 handover 2 buhari even if he wins, not surprised they will also destroy his name and presence in their abode.
Saibuhari

3 Likes

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Adesam09(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
God help us all...
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Burger01(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thank God for your life.
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Sijo01(f): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thank God for your life and for living to tell your story
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by ralmix(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
stowie 4 d gawdz.........
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by holatin(m): 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
temitemi1:
Pelee ooooooo... Next time stay away from apc because nothing good comes from them! GEJ till 2019!!!
can someone tie this man before he run mad fully.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by oakson: 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Narrow Escape... Boko haram and Pee Dee Pee are ONE

9 Likes

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by bigv(m): 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Sorry oh, every job (profession) has its hazards.
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
It is well
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Chiefia(m): 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by optimistcandyboy(m): 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
He is a man enough to have done that, but wait o, if he died in that process, omo na OYO o grin grin grin
Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by Misogynist2014(m): 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
Buhari will gaol patience if elected.

1 Like

Re: Charles Eruka, Channels TV Staff Who Was Stabbed At APC Rally Tells His Story by tempem: 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
temitemi1:
Can we just leave politics Outta this?
Did the guy ever mention any party?

Let's learn to be decent on some matters.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Reveals How APC Slashes His Salary In New Leaked Tape / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 / Reno Omokri: I Am Opposed To General Buhari But Sowore Lied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.