Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235564 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by weemee: 8:47am On Mar 07, 2015
Who is in Gold Coast, Brisbane?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by justloveme: 10:32am On Mar 07, 2015
weemee:
follow the general Australia visa enquiries instead,u will get better info

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by mrnilobrawn: 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
mystical10:
Where are the student jobs in townsville qld I'm dying here
How were you able to deal with the job issue, hav u goten any? Whats the pay like?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by bobo9ice: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
MIGRATIONAGENT:
Hi ALL,

I have read with interest the comments on this thread.

My name is Uche Okereke-Fisher, I am a practising Australian Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent (0849389)

I can tell you that doing a one year course of any kind in Australia will not enable you obtain a permanent residency. Also there is no point in spending time and money obtaining university admission without being able to get a student visa. The fundamental question is Can I get a study visa? If the answer is NO - What do I need to do to meet the formal requirements?

Australia is a very strict country with very low number of illegal immigrants. Infact their immigration laws are draconian with respect to illegal immigration.

If you intend to come to Australia for work or study, call us at 61 423018344 or send us an email at migrationagent@daluch.com.

Do Not believe anybody who guarantees you a visa or who tells you that it is very easy. Infact, the first question to ask anyone offering advice on going to Australia is - what is your registered migration agent number. Once the number is disclosed - go to www.themara.com and confirm the person's details. Only Registed Migration Agents can give migration or visa advice in Australia.

I will be happy to welcome reasonable questions

Cheers

Hello Bro. I can see u posted this some years ago...pls is the number still active coz I wanna call. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by lawson05: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2015
hello guys. please I jst got an Australia Visa and I need u guys to please help me out with accommodation. your reply asap please
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by lawson05: 9:45pm On May 01, 2015
[quote author=weemee post=28744611] @UBKTECH please how much does a room in the backpacker cost
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by weemee: 8:13am On May 02, 2015
[quote author=lawson05 post=33325073][/quote]
It all depends on location. But where I stayed for a week was at an average of 28 dollars per night.
You could compare prices online.
Hope that helps.
Cheers.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by weemee: 8:16am On May 02, 2015
Where is your destination in Australia?
However, don't bother yourself that much. For now, you could plan to stay in backpacker, and when you are on ground look for shared apartment. That's what I did and it went smoothly.

lawson05:
hello guys. please I jst got an Australia Visa and I need u guys to please help me out with accommodation. your reply asap please

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by peleson: 8:54pm On May 02, 2015
rhymesapple:
Hi guys. Just got my 457 working visa. please i would like to know whats the live nd work condition in australia right now. are there jobs? my 457 visa is 3 years. can i renew it when i get there.And pls how much money can i make from different casual jobs in a month. And about PR how can i apply with the 457 visa how easy is it. thankyou
pls how can I get this? I studied shipping, port administration and management nd also v a degree in electrical engineering. What are my prospects and how do I start this process
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Sugarman23: 6:14pm On May 03, 2015
Hi guys, i got my visa about 2wks back to study an MBA at University of Newcastle in Australia. I will be going next week and would be glad on any info from anyone regarding accommodation, livestyle and part time work available. any intel that enable me settle well will be highly appreciated.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by mrnilobrawn: 8:03pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by owenklay: 12:08am On May 09, 2015
Hi, I'll be coming over next month all things being equal. Newcastle Business School too, though for a PhD. When are you leaving & have you sorted out accommodation? Don't have info or anyone there apart from the info gotten online. You should be fine though!

Sugarman23:
Hi guys, i got my visa about 2wks back to study an MBA at University of Newcastle in Australia. I will be going next week and would be glad on any info from anyone regarding accommodation, livestyle and part time work available. any intel that enable me settle well will be highly appreciated.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by lawson05: 8:44pm On May 13, 2015
weemee:
However, don't bother yourself that much. For now, you could plan to stay in backpacker, and when you are on ground look for shared apartment. That's what I did and it went smoothly.

thank u very much bro/sis. I really appreciate.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 25, 2015
pinklady20:
@dragon thanks i will be ready for the weather.i will be studying buissness information system at monash uni
@yanyan ,the uni is monash uni,and the cost depend on the course u want to do,getting the visa i think u have to send ur docoment to south africa but i got mine from the uk ,if u want i can help u get admission if u want .
hi,pls i'd also need help with getting the admission and all...though i wanna go for a phd,dont know bout job prospects and all...please could we hook up offline to chat or somtin;maybe whatsapp or bbm pin,if its ok by you...we can exchange details via emal
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by kaybaby: 11:01pm On May 28, 2015
[/quote][quote author=Bennymontana post=34091877] hi,pls i'd also need help with getting the admission and all...though i wanna go for a phd,dont know bout job prospects and all...please could we hook up offline to chat or somtin;maybe whatsapp or bbm pin,if its ok by you...we can exchange details via emal
[quote author=alukojosh post=27085204]Hello House,

Please I need help and sincere advise. I got an offer letter from Canberra University and would be making my deposit soon for masters of information technology coursewrk. My concern is the survival, will be coming with my wife, we just got married 3weeks ago, according to subclass573 she can work full time and i 40hrs every forthnight. Please my people in aussie do you think we can survive the 1 and half years of study paying for the school, high house rent and probably being able to get PR as my course aint two years, probably study another 6months programme if there is any.

Job Job, do you guys think we can get a job that we can survive on?

Joshua from NIgeria.[/quote

Hello Josh, saw ur post about relocating to Oz wt ur wife, i just got admitted for post graduate study. Planning on leaving with my husband and son, want to find out 1) if u eventually made it there with your family, 2)was it worth it and 3) were you both able to secure employment that could pay for your tuition?
Eagerly waiting for your response. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:37am On May 29, 2015
[quote author=kaybaby post=34192816][/quote] please,i'd like to be updated bout the progress you guys av made so far...m also bout taking such decision too...just that i"d be going alone...pls,can we all kip our selves updated? Tnx
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by gabie002: 2:00pm On May 29, 2015
Hi i just got my visa and I would like your help on moving to australia. I got a subclass 476 visa. Im planning to apply for a job from here before moving . I look forward to your reply
malabu22:
Hello

I live in Townsville, Queendsland, Australia. Its a nice place. Population of around 186 thousand. There are about 15 nigerian families here and im the only one in the early 20's lol. I would like to meet other nigerians from other parts of the country and looking forward to having a business relationship as well. At a stage in my life where it is do or die. Take it easy.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by gabie002: 2:05pm On May 29, 2015
Please where are you moving to? I got a subclass 476 and im not so rich and I dont have a job yet. Please I need help with moving there in an affordable way. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks
lawson05:
thank u very much bro/sis. I really appreciate.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by gabie002: 2:11pm On May 29, 2015
Please tell me about the backpacker. Also how much should i have before moving? I plan settling in melbourne. Please give your fair advice. Thanks
t
weemee:

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by weemee: 4:05am On May 30, 2015
gabie002:
Please tell me about the backpacker. Also how much should i have before moving? I plan settling in melbourne. Please give your fair advice. Thanks
t
Backpacker accomodation is like a typical school hostel. You will share facilities with other strangers mostly travelers. However if you are buoyant you could chose to stay alone, you just need to pay for the number of beds available in the room.
You could check online for the cost implication but budget 4000naira per night. I will suggest you plan ahead to stay for a week. Within the week of your stay at backpackers,you should be able to find an accomodation.
We have lot of Nigerians in Melbourne, maybe they could also help if you know any. I am in Gold Coast.
How much should you have? Accomodation and feeding fee at least for the first one month.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by weemee: 4:09am On May 30, 2015
@malabu22, Where are you in Australia?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Sugarman23: 8:45am On May 30, 2015
backpackers is not as bad as our friend made it seem "typical school hostel". My understanding is that there are various backpackers in different cities. well i arrived Australia 2weeks ago and stayed at the backpackers in Newcastle which is about 2.5hrs frm sydney. its more like 5k+ per nite but it was very okay. you have access to household facilities and a clean bathroom/toilet although shared. its nice as you get to meet and interact with all sorts of people. its cheaper compared to hotels which vary from 70/80 or over 100 AUD. There are lots of accomodation available but i must warn you: Its an expensive country

weemee:

Backpacker accomodation is like a typical school hostel. You will share facilities with other strangers mostly travelers. However if you are buoyant you could chose to stay alone, you just need to pay for the number of beds available in the room.
You could check online for the cost implication but budget 4000naira per night. I will suggest you plan ahead to stay for a week. Within the week of your stay at backpackers,you should be able to find an accomodation.
We have lot of Nigerians in Melbourne, maybe they could also help if you know any. I am in Gold Coast.
How much should you have? Accomodation and feeding fee at least for the first one month.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by gabie002: 10:53am On May 30, 2015
Thanks alot. Id check for a good backpacker online. Would it be okay to chat you up on whats app? I have a few more questions. Do you know people in melbourne? How long should it take to get a junior level engineering job in across aussie? Whatsapp pls? Lool. Thanks again!
weemee:

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by gabie002: 10:56am On May 30, 2015
Hahaha its an expensive country sounds scary already as im moving there on a very low key. Oh well. Hopefully id be fine. Still have over a month to plan so things should go fine by Gods grace!

Sugarman23:
backpackers is not as bad as our friend made it seem "typical school hostel". My understanding is that there are various backpackers in different cities. well i arrived Australia 2weeks ago and stayed at the backpackers in Newcastle which is about 2.5hrs frm sydney. its more like 5k+ per nite but it was very okay. you have access to household facilities and a clean bathroom/toilet although shared. its nice as you get to meet and interact with all sorts of people. its cheaper compared to hotels which vary from 70/80 or over 100 AUD. There are lots of accomodation available but i must warn you: Its an expensive country

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by weemee: 11:38am On May 30, 2015
gabie002:
Thanks alot. Id check for a good backpacker online. Would it be okay to chat you up on whats app? I have a few more questions. Do you know people in melbourne? How long should it take to get a junior level engineering job in across aussie? Whatsapp pls? Lool. Thanks again!
Its ok. Send me a pm or you can ask the question here so others can gain from the conversation.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by shiekh12345: 11:20am On May 31, 2015
weemee:
i am in gold coast
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by shiekh12345: 11:21am On May 31, 2015
shiekh12345:
weemee:
i am in gold coast
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by weemee: 12:55pm On May 31, 2015
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by FEMINONI: 9:02am On Jun 02, 2015
Anyone in Sydney? UNSW?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by scole1989: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have just received an offer to do a Masters in Hospitality in Sydney.
I currently reside in Canada and my pr situation did not pan out.
So i am looking to make the move to Sydney.
I have a few questions and will appreciate any feedback.
1.) Is it easy to make the transition from a post graduate work permit to Permanent Residence?
2.) How is the hospitality, marketing and events job market in Sydney? Are there lots of entry level jobs available?
3.) How long is the visa processing time from Nigeria.
4) I know the populations is 97% white and coming from a multicultural country like Canada, how does sydney compare to say Toronto or Calgary. Are there black hair salons available?
5.) Is there any one on here that has made a similar move especially someone in a the marketing/events/advertising etc field. I would love to here from you.

Thanks everyone smiley
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by rolabettin(f): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
@rhymesapple. I live n study in university of canberra. Pls my friend needs to come to Oz with a work visa, I need to talk or chat with u, as I understand you have a work visa too. Could u please reach me on rolabettin@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks a bunch
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by trip014(f): 9:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Pls any one in Curtin University here?i am processing my arrival,and i need to ask some questions on accomodation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.