Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235616 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by abdullahi45: 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
Good evening boss...

What's all about this 489 visa application, please do tell me more.
Thanks

I wanted earlier putting in for Msc in Australia but the price is scary as I have a Bsc already. Is it possible for one to make enough money for one second year of study when one reach Aussie....
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by princessayinke: 1:32am On Oct 21, 2017
you can PM me

Good morning Princess.... hope you are good? please I am a physiotherapist too and i was drawn to your comment. please I would love to know if you still went ahead with the APC exams.... Can I PM you? am thinking of using another route...... please do reply. thank you [/quote]
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by abdullahi45: 7:30am On Oct 21, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:

For as much as your undergraduate degree is obtained in Nigeria, you must do your CDR whether you're claiming points for employment or not. This is because the Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) is primarily based on your undergraduate degree.

Also, I don't think you can assess your employment skills without assessing your educational qualifications. The reverse is only possible; i.e. you can assess your education without assessing work skills but NOT vice-versa.

Finally, though the MSA is based on first degree, Engineers Australia (EA) requires information and evidence of all further learning. Your MSC is assessed in combination with your first degree at no extra cost. Extra cost is applied only when assessing a PhD. To be clear, you don't have to assess both of your degrees, what's important is your BSC. But you don't lose anything in submitting both for assessment since it's done at the same fee. Personally, I feel your MSC will be an added advantage. Besides, you'll stilly list it in your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) if applicable.

Best Wishes

Good morning Gurus,

After using the skilled migration calculator, i only have 50 points which 60 is the minimum i guess... What can I do?

What's the minimum work experience i need for the skill migration.? I have just one year of experience... I hope BSc Microbiology

Is there any assessment body that assess one results before applying for the skilled migration.?

Abeg what's the meaning of CDR please..

Please tell me as much as i need to know Guru, wanted putting in for student visa before but the Sch fee is too high... What do you advise?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:53am On Oct 21, 2017
Hi,

please post your question on the thread below to get a better response from more experienced members.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

The thread provides a complete guide to the process of applying.

It also boasts of active members who respond to confusing questions you face.

You'd need to state how you arrived at 50 points before anyone can suggest other options.

Yes, there are assessment bodies that must assess your qualification before you can use it for the skilled migration.
But I'm not sure which one assesses Microbiology.
So, you'd have to visit the thread above and ask there.

CDR means Competency Demonstration Report.

Cheers!

abdullahi45:

After using the skilled migration calculator, i only have 50 points which 60 is the minimum i guess... What can I do?

What's the minimum work experience i need for the skill migration.? I have just one year of experience... I hope BSc Microbiology

Is there any assessment body that assess one results before applying for the skilled migration.?

Abeg what's the meaning of CDR please..

Please tell me as much as i need to know Guru, wanted putting in for student visa before but the Sch fee is too high... What do you advise?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by abdullahi45: 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
WellEndowed:

I was once a student. The stress of trying to stay back after studies is no joke. I wouldn't wish it on my enemy. Why would you want to pay thousands of dollars for studies if you can go the PR route?

I don't know how many times I have said this "Many employers do not really care for Masters/Phd, e.t.c here. They are all about experience. What you have done work/job wise. I was very interested in public health/infectious disease and did a masters degree at a University in Perth. Believe me when I say that I have never used my Masters degree to find work. My experience(s) so far have sufficed.

The government is changing immigration rules. You and I do not know what rules will change before you finish your course.

If you have the experience, try the PR route and then do your masters when you get here. As a PR you've secured your stay whether you find a job after studies or not plus the school fees will be a lot cheaper

Good Luck

So what are you advising someone like me boss. I have BSc in Microbiology and i intend to pursue Msc in Infectious diseases, Microbiology, Biomedical science or Biotechnology... Should i just move in for the Msc, i hope my program is on the Australian skills list.

Or do you advise I find my way through the skilled migration. I have no experience except my undergraduate Siwes and 1yr NYSC at a university mcb lab. I have TOEFL result less than 90.

Please advise me accordingly boss.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by abdullahi45: 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Hi,

please post your question on the thread below to get a better response from more experienced members.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

The thread provides a complete guide to the process of applying.

It also boasts of active members who respond to confusing questions you face.

You'd need to state how you arrived at 50 points before anyone can suggest other options.

Yes, there are assessment bodies that must assess your qualification before you can use it for the skilled migration.
But I'm not sure which one assesses Microbiology.
So, you'd have to visit the thread above and ask there.

CDR means Competency Demonstration Report.

Cheers!

What type visa will i apply for if i want to follow skilled migration to Australia?

Is Microbiology or Biotechnology part of the list of skills for pr in Aussie.

Thanks boss..
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:47am On Oct 22, 2017
Hi mate,

sorry once again I can't help in your inquiry.

My knowledge is limited which is why I advised you post your questions on the General Guide to Australia PR thread where more experienced members can respond to you adequately.

I don't know specific information for Biotech or Microbio.

Cheers!

abdullahi45:

What type visa will i apply for if i want to follow skilled migration to Australia?

Is Microbiology or Biotechnology part of the list of skills for pr in Aussie.

Thanks boss..
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by fatland1010: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
please can som1 in Australia help me out?
I just got a business visit visa from agent in Nigeria and he assured I can get job with d visa status.
please urgent help cos I need to pay him
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by rinzylee(m): 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2017
egbabiekperemo1:

Oga pls go n pay him. Mumu

Bros you harsh o.... lwkm... Please o you can't get no job with business visa.

if them catch you eeeehhhh....

Australia no be USA o

better confront the thief
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Solitin40: 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
fatland1010:
please can som1 in Australia help me out?
I just got a business visit visa from agent in Nigeria and he assured I can get job with d visa status.
please urgent help cos I need to pay him
Nah one chance go to VEVO.Com and check the conditions of the visa if it’s a real one
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by omidancfmide(f): 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Good day everyone, thumbs up to every1 and God bless u for your time & efforts to help intending immigrants.
I'm a graduate of Mass Communication but decided to learn fashion designing after my service year, 2 years now). Pls what kind of Visa should I opt for. Please kindly enlighten me.God bless y'all.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by gracelevel: 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hi Uchenna2017...you have the same nominated skill as I do...please can you make out time to help me? please reply so I can type my email here.Many thanks madam
uchenna2017:
Good morning Wellendowed ,

Please I need information on Queensland regional area to move to. I just submitted my 489 visa application so I need to start looking for area that my family can settle in easily and get a job.

Any job is not bad as hubby is already looking at getting white card for forklift once we relocate or any other

We are looking at sunshine coast and Toowoomba I heard toowoomba has more job than SC, I also read about cairn but I got mixed fillings about google right up.

Can you and ideamaster be kind enough to brief more about Queensland regional area and what we should know before moving.

Before I forget I assessed as insurance agent but not going to practice with a lot of customer service experience and hubby is a sales coordinator.

Anything to start life is what we need.

Cc teejay80
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Ezilytina(f): 11:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
signeddocuments:
Please, is it possible to get a teaching job in Canada or Australian with a Nigerian teaching( Bed) certificates + MBA especially in their primary schools? I heard that they pay very well.Can someone get an employer there to sponsor the migration to these countries? I am really fed up;teaching in Nigeria and collecting peanuts.

Good evening
I have the same qualification with you. Pls wat was ur findings? Have u started processing or has done dat already. Pls do reply me
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Ezilytina(f): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Good evening house, pls what is the possibility of someone getting a teaching( preschool/primary) in Australia. I have a degree in Education, 5yrs experience.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by fobak203(m): 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
clintwine:
Hi guys, am thinking if migrating to Australia, i have an Msc degree in Telecommunications Engineering (from a UK UNI), and am wondering is if Australia would be a nice place to move to.

I would like to know if they are racists to blacks
if there are ample opportunities to work in
if the standard of living is comparable to the UK.

thanks guys
4 reasons why Australia (From gathered information) I think is better than UK (studied there for 18 months).

1. The minimum wage equivalence in Australia is higher
2. The UK/EU white collar job rule against Non-EU/EEA does not apply to Australia.
3. Equal opportunities regardless of your skin colour and if you are qualified, you get the job.
4. The weather is relatively better than UK.
5. Wide variety of flexible immigration rule compared to UK
6. Moral and business ethics might be better, not sure of this though
7. Large variety of opportunities, if you are an Engineer, and you decide to migrate based on that ground, you can get permanent residence from Nigeria. It is that bad or good, I dont even know which is suitable...Lols grin

In the 7 reasons lies some of your answers

Honestly, someone that has lived in both could correct me in areas where i am wrong.

Similarities.

1. Crime rate is low
2. Security is guaranteed
3. They are as diversified in terms of culture if not more than UK.

I think Australia is better than UK, a comparable country would be Canada.

5 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by fobak203(m): 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
RuggedArab:
Hello guys, I appreciate the good works you guys are doing.

Background:
B.Tech - Computer Engineering.
M.Tech (inveiw 2018) Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
Work experience (Including NYSC) - 5years +
Age - 30years

Now thinking of migrating to Australia.

Questions:
1. What is the best/easy visa for me?
Permanent residence, through Engineers Australia skill assessment authority.[/b]
2. What will it cost (visa+flight ticket+living cost alteast for 3months before I get a job; all in Naira pls; just an estimate) me to migrate to Australia having choosing the type of visa.
480k+700K+900k in that order[b]

3. I'm looking at career in IT, Electrical.... can I get those jobs easily?
With intensive search and a little bit of luck, You would get one
4. When is the best time to apply? Now?
Yesterday.....Now......2030....Lols Whenever[b][/b]
5. How long will it take for the whole process (from visa application to approval).
Approximately nine months

Regards.

Cc: catchdwindfrmkd, welldone, bellong.
@RuggedArab
Please check in between your question. I am not trying to discourage reading, I am just idle and wanted to receive corrections because I have juts done a mock test for my study of the thread (PR thread) for a week. I am implying I stand to be corrected with my answer. In addy, some of us are naturally lazy to read,no offense, if that is the case. The questionnaire can make do with a straight to the point answer.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Michaelamo: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
SUJYDEE:
Good day all,

Anybody in Northern Inland Region of NSW.. .. Tamworth, Armidale, Narrabri and so on.

I need to get some specific information about the regional areas.

Thanks

I need this information right now Sir. Anybody in this region here?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
please can someone with visitors visa work during his period of stay
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Justus86(m): 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2018
Any ideas about the demand for QUANTITY SURVEYORS?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by saintkeppy(m): 10:50am On Mar 25, 2018
fobak203:

4 reasons why Australia (From gathered information) I think is better than UK (studied there for 18 months).

1. The minimum wage equivalence in Australia is higher
2. The UK/EU white collar job rule against Non-EU/EEA does not apply to Australia.
3. Equal opportunities regardless of your skin colour and if you are qualified, you get the job.
4. The weather is relatively better than UK.
5. Wide variety of flexible immigration rule compared to UK
6. Moral and business ethics might be better, not sure of this though
7. Large variety of opportunities, if you are an Engineer, and you decide to migrate based on that ground, you can get permanent residence from Nigeria. It is that bad or good, I dont even know which is suitable...Lols grin

In the 7 reasons lies some of your answers

Honestly, someone that has lived in both could correct me in areas where i am wrong.

Similarities.

1. Crime rate is low
2. Security is guaranteed
3. They are as diversified in terms of culture if not more than UK.

I think Australia is better than UK, a comparable country would be Canada.

Good points there, good &quality educational system, availability of Jobs &easy life are some of the side attractions, I had wanted to migrate to Australia for my Msc, but fees was on a high side, God knows how I love this BIG Country, city of Perth my preferred city of residence.

Sorry! Apart from going there as student, do you know How much will it cost me to migrate? Please an estimated cost in Naira
Thanks.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by uniquebian: 8:24pm On May 08, 2018
please my friends....i need someone in Australia to help me secure admission in any good, fun and slightly easy university....i am aiming for an undergraduate degree in sociology and maybe if not to hard criminology....i have no single idea how to go about it....i can even pay for the assistance...please assist a confused sister...God bless.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Michaelamo: 10:14pm On May 08, 2018
uniquebian:
please my friends....i need someone in Australia to help me secure admission in any good, fun and slightly easy university....i am aiming for an undergraduate degree in sociology and maybe if not to hard criminology....i have no single idea how to go about it....i can even pay for the assistance...please assist a confused sister...God bless.

All the help and assistance you need is in this link below.

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3:
https://www.nairaland.com/3786389/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries/254#3786389.8149
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by bellong: 10:35pm On May 08, 2018
uniquebian:

Why do you want to study criminology?

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by uniquebian: 11:25am On May 16, 2018
bellong:

Why do you want to study criminology?
i have always loved it from little and growing where i saw killings and kidnapping and all sorts of crime first hand, i knew my inquisitiveness grew...i love it
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by uniquebian: 11:26am On May 16, 2018
Michaelamo:

All the help and assistance you need is in this link below.

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3:
https://www.nairaland.com/3786389/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries/254#3786389.8149
thanks a lot. i could hug u right now
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by chukzyblaze: 12:10pm On May 20, 2018
Hello house, please i need assistance as i would be applying to study in Australia next year. i finished with a first class from the university of lagos and i would love to pursue a masters degree in Australia. I would like to apply for various scholarships as i come from a family with limited finances. Please if you can assist me in anyway kindly contact me via chukzysteve@yahoo.com. I would love to have a correspondence with anyone living there prior to my arrival. Thank you.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by famouscargo: 3:15pm On May 20, 2018
[quote author=chukzyblaze post=67718234]Hello house, please i need assistance as i would be applying to study in Australia next year. i finished with a first class from the university of lagos and i would love to pursue a masters degree in Australia. I would like to apply for various scholarships as i come from a family with limited finances. Please if you can assist me in anyway kindly contact me via chukzysteve@yahoo.com. I would love to have a correspondence with anyone living there prior to my arrival. Thank you.[/quote there are a lot of scholarship opportunities, i will send you some soon
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by kcmanjiri: 12:57pm On May 22, 2018
[quote author=famouscargo post=67722396][/quote]

Hey famouscargo,
You can contact to best Study Abroad Consultants.
They will guide you and give you the best advise about the Scholarships for International Students in Australia.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by konja44: 11:09pm On May 22, 2018
Any idea about how to secure PhD positions in Australia?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.