Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235447 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by luckgames(m): 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
jennykadry:

I swear. London is infact finished all thanks to us nigerians. I know of four naija families from London that migrated 2weeks ago Haba. We were doing well in this country before they moved here angry immigration is tightening their rules now just because of my polluted brothers and sisters angry I am effing tired. One of these days I will approach the prime minister of this country to deny any Nigerian that wants to migrate here visa grin
jennykadry:

I swear. London is infact finished all thanks to us nigerians. I know of four naija families from London that migrated 2weeks ago Haba. We were doing well in this country before they moved here angry immigration is tightening their rules now just because of my polluted brothers and sisters angry I am effing tired. One of these days I will approach the prime minister of this country to deny any Nigerian that wants to migrate here visa grin
jennykadry:

Complete ignorant
What a Shame
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 10, 2012
@Londoner

I have seen Australians dressed half naked like the sudanese, so it isn't limited to one group alone. My brother, the things my Nigerian brothers and sisters do here is unbelievable. If I had access to Juia Gillard, I would tell her to screen every motherf***cking Nigerian before allowing their dumb azzes into this country. people like that stooopid luckgames who cannot even type in proper English will not stand a chance in that country after I make sure he/she/it is deported. grin cheesy
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yeyeyota: 11:14am On Jul 11, 2012
cheesy
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by humblepie: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
jennykadry: @Londoner

I have seen Australians dressed half naked like the sudanese, so it isn't limited to one group alone. My brother, the things my Nigerian brothers and sisters do here is unbelievable. If I had access to Juia Gillard, I would tell her to screen every motherf***cking Nigerian before allowing their dumb azzes into this country. people like that stooopid luckgames who cannot even type in proper English will not stand a chance in that country after I make sure he/she/it is deported. grin cheesy

Sista I hail oo my email trega4real@yahoo.com just land down under like to ask few questions..bless
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by TMoni1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
Hey people, Which of the suburbs is the best and most friendly in melbourne. the south western surburbs seem to be way cheaper than the south eastern ones, does it really mean south east is better?
below are the ones i have my eyes on
Cranbourne
noble park
hallam
altona
werribee
hopper crossing
etc.
i will appreciate you advice.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by MisterNRC(m): 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
UBKtech:

Bros, I am NOT a migration consultant. The little I know, I got from the websites posted above. Just take your time to read the materials on that site, ALL the information you need is there. But I believe the first step for you, even before you take IELTS, will be to contact your assessing because the level of English required for your profession will be set by them. This website will help: http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm#a

You can also download a handbook on General Skilled Migration from this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

I followed instructions on the sites and now am at stage of visa application. Would have applied, but have to wait for the changes that will take effect from July 1.

1st: wise words
2nd: wise choice

The changes they have brought on are a bit welcoming and funny enough I had created a post from a site i follow with links to the actual content.
https://www.nairaland.com/991237/important-changes-australia-student-visa

Truly, I have not come across any of the types that you have penned down but I KNOW they are abound after all where on earth does a naija person [better or worse] not reside?

@londoner: I concur that the journey is a bit too far to be driven by desperation.lol.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2012

Yes, I see Australians doing it too......but they dont used men for money, they use men for fun and it is mutual.

These young Sudanese girls are basically prostituting themselves, that is the crucial difference.

We have many Sudanese in London and they do not behave that way, I was actually shocked when I saw it here in Australia.

To be honest I really have not encountered the negative dealings of Nigerians here.

The few I have met have either been professional or students.

Apart from a program I saw about a Nigerian scammer, I really haven't heard any bad things about Nigerians.

This time, Nigerians don't have the worst reputation among Africans here. I see more Sudanese and Somali's getting into trouble.

Btw I'm a woman not a guy.......

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by MisterNRC(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
@londoner: for one, i know a few in Brissy who are basically popping children for $5k allowance and sadly after that, they are on the prowl again!
whereabouts down-under are you?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mister NRC: @londoner: for one, i know a few in Brissy who are basically popping children for $5k allowance and sadly after that, they are on the prowl again!
whereabouts down-under are you?

Really? Nigerians or Sudanese?

I'm in Perth at the moment..........
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by akinbileakeem: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
hello mister NRC,
my email address is akinbileakeem@yahoo.co.uk.... pls let talk is private .thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by MisterNRC(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2012
londoner:

Really? Nigerians or Sudanese?

I'm in Perth at the moment..........

some Sudanese and some Namibians...not seen Nigerians yet.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
Mister NRC:

some Sudanese and some Namibians...not seen Nigerians yet.

Namibians too.....gosh, the shame........
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sewuun(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
Please brothers and sis I want to study in Australia in a tution free university can anyone there be of help to link me to a genuine one there. shalom.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
^^^Tuition free? Not a chance mate, Australia is not Europe where you study in some schools for free
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yogos: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hey! Any Nigerians at Uni Melbourne. I would be starting a postgraduate this semester and I'm staying in Carlton. Give me a buzz if you would like to hangout.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by okoomoge2(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
@ Londoner , where are you in Perth? I live @ Osborne park.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2012
oko-omoge:
@ Londoner , where are you in Perth? I live @ Osborne park.

I'm on Northbridge at the moment, may be moving to Glendalough or Wembley soon.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jcross19: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
Please can someone help me out with an ideal on the necessary document needed for tourist visa to australia please .
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by okoomoge2(m): 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
Viewing
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by iNVICTUSobi(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
Wow! good to see the reply rate on this thread. I moved to Australia for my masters in February, didn't find much Nigerians and already ran back to Africa for holiday after my first semester. I am back now and just visited Perth last week fr 4 days. Anybody in Melbourne hit me up...I'm at Monash Uni
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yogos: 5:12am On Jul 30, 2012
iNVICTUSobi: Wow! good to see the reply rate on this thread. I moved to Australia for my masters in February, didn't find much Nigerians and already ran back to Africa for holiday after my first semester. I am back now and just visited Perth last week fr 4 days. Anybody in Melbourne hit me up...I'm at Monash Uni

I am at uni melbourne doing a masters too. send your contact details to my mail account and I'll give you a call. I moved from perth and i'm finding melbourne quite cold. It feels like europe weather wise. e_ojo@yahoo.com
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by iNVICTUSobi(m): 12:30am On Jul 31, 2012
yogos:

I am at uni melbourne doing a masters too. send your contact details to my mail account and I'll give you a call. I moved from perth and i'm finding melbourne quite cold. It feels like europe weather wise. e_ojo@yahoo.com

You have a mail! Yes the weather here is different, cold, windy and rainy all in one day.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by nwaowerri1980: 1:13am On Jul 31, 2012
It's cool to find this trend about Australia.

I want to apply for an Australian visa to re-locate down to the island but my major problem is:

1.) How do I get good Nigerians who will be able to welcome me and show me places around.

2.) Direct me on the do and don't in the country.

I do not have any relation or family in Australia hence; I will appreciate your assistance.

Waiting to hear from the house please.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by nwaowerri1980: 1:15am On Jul 31, 2012
It's cool to find this trend about Australia.

I want to apply for an Australian visa to re-locate down to the island but my major problem is:

1.) How do I get good Nigerians who will be able to welcome me and show me places around.

2.) Direct me on the do and don't in the country.

I do not have any relation or family in Australia hence; I will appreciate your assistance.

Waiting to hear from the house please.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2012
Pls I would like to know the amount that is suppose to be in your sponsors statement of account for you to get a student visa to australia. Is it just only the 36,000 AUD or 37220 AUD(the new amount required) for 24months of your stay that is suppose to be in your sponsors account? And again who can be your sponsor? Must it be only be your relation? Pls urgent reply needed.thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 05, 2012
..the $36000 for the two years of ya stay, plus two years of tuition fees assuming you are in an expensive uni say the univerity of new south wales which is prolly $31000 per year.. then times two. Be careful. If you have an offer letter that says the duration of ya studies is two years in unis like UNSW,uni of sydney,UWA,uni of Queensland,Monash uni, be ready to show them a bank statement which has $36000+$60000 in it and has been there for few months. This is just a hypothetical example. However most students come in with offer letter of 1- 1.5years say u intend doing a master program.
So with my analogy do ya own calculation and know what degrees of funds you should have in ya sponsor's account.
The issue of whose account ur gonna use.. basically its better to use ya parents, but if not possible any family member would be alright.If its ya father.. the link is obvious. You might be asked to bring few documents showing the said connection to him.But with ya uncle's account.. the scope of documents to bring widens. What am bascially saying is that the closer the degree of relationship with ya sponsor.. the lesser the documents required to prove the relationship.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 05, 2012
BTW.. I just relocated to Canberra from Sydney and havent seen Nigerians. Where are they? Canberra is a dead city. Hit me up, and if u r in ANU? Hit me harder. Lol
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by nwaowerri1980: 8:49am On Aug 05, 2012
@nayef, 4rm ur post i guess u are in Australia. Could u help me hook with with a Nigerian 2 share accommodation with am coming 2 Australia by month end.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
@nayef, thank u very much.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by gel03: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
please i would appreciate if any one can give me details of steps to follow for visitation to Australia.. my sister in Australia wants to invite me and we both dont know where to start from or the process to follow..

Thanks in advance
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by gel03: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2012
gel03: please i would appreciate if any one can give me details of steps to follow for visitation to Australia.. my sister in Australia wants to invite me and we both dont know where to start from or the process to follow..

Thanks in advance

please i need a response

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.