Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,194 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule (27755 Views)

Naira Slides To 405/$ Amid Tight Dollar Supply / In Need Of A Business I Can Start With Two Million Naira / Who's Got A Sharp And Lucrative Business I Can Invest 100k On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by jaeik: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
I currently work from 7:45am To 5:30Pm, in a slow growing firm that don not pay much and do not allow for free movement in and out of the office, please i need advice on what i could do to earn extra income. please anyone with a brilliant idea should please help a brother out.

Thanks

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
waiting to know as well....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by LONGFELLOW02(m): 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2015
jaeik:
I currently work from 7:45am To 5:30Pm, in a slow growing firm that don not pay much and do not allow for free movement in and out of the office, please i need advice on what i could do to earn extra income. please anyone with a brilliant idea should please help a brother out.

Thanks

Maybe you should try dog biz.
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by manneger2: 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
bros12345:
Let's take a look..

1. Turn what you're passionate about into an online business.

2. Network marketing.

3. Become a football betting agent.

4. Setup a man managed dry cleaning biz.

5. Become a consultant. Market through the net.

6. Trade binary options and Forex.. .very risky though.

I'll be back.

www.higherbase.com
He said tight work schedule

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by bros12345: 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
manneger2:

He said tight work schedule

Haba bro.

If you have up to two - four free hours, you can setup any of those businesses. Someone can manage it while you take those your hours to make sure things go okay. Try any of them.

3 Likes

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by jaeik: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
bros12345:

Haba bro.

If you have up to two - four free hours, you can setup any of those businesses. Someone can manage it while you take those your hours to make sure things go okay. Try any of them.

IS Not that easy bro. I need something that will hardly need my physical presence. more so I have access to the internet, is there something i can do legitimately as well as lucrative?
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by hexpleecit: 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
CONSUMERISM is the bane of most middle income earners,and it tends to position them at the bottom of the economic ladder. If expenses are multiple streamed,it makes sense then for income to be more,but with consumerism,such is not the case.
Do you wish to break out of the mould,and access MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS?
Do you wish to make money work for you, rather than you working for money?
Do you wish to work to live,rather than living to work?
How would you love to participate in a recession proof business?
Do you want to have a part time business, paying you more than your full time job?
D.E.E.P offers you opportunity to be in such business,at very affordable entry point.
With less than #10,000.00 you can start your journey to FINANCIAL FREEDOM.
Come find out how on Sunday 22nd February,2015...5.00-7.00pm...@ Finicky Event Hall,Jibowu,Yaba...Enquiries: 08085108953...Kindly help re-broadcast
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
jaeik:

Thanks
Do you have the capital?
Do you have the patience, to accept all the bull shits?
I don't know about you. But I found myself thinking about an alternative source of income that will require little or no physical input from me. I chose on business many people consider "a no go area".......
I chose transportation. I have heard all the stories there's to hear......I have seen all the excuses, someone can make just to avoid meeting target......yet am still in it.
2years and counting. Am still here.
I just lower my expectations, but AT ALL ALL, NA EM WORSE PASS.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by bros12345: 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
eagleeye2:

Do you have the capital?
Do you have the patience, to accept all the bull shits?
I don't know about you. But I found myself thinking about an alternative source of income that will require little or no physical input from me. I chose on business many people consider "a no go area".......
I chose transportation. I have heard all the stories there's to hear......I have seen all the excuses, someone can make just to avoid meeting target......yet am still in it.
2years and counting. Am still here.
I just lower my expectations, but AT ALL ALL, NA EM WORSE PASS.

Transportation?

God forbid.

I invested close to 2 million on that and it failed. I had to sell the buses after they made it unusable for 40k one.

That is a very risky area, unless you will be involved full-time and have the heart to stomoach stories.

But if you have a different approach than, either higher purchase, lease, rent, interstate, I'd be grateful to learn. Thanks bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by bros12345: 10:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
jaeik:

IS Not that easy bro. I need something that will hardly need my physical presence. more so I have access to the internet, is there something i can do legitimately as well as lucrative?

There are businesses you can setup and people can manage them for you. But you still have to show up once in while. I asked if you have a passion for anything, it could be turned into a business.

If you are looking to lower your capital risk, then I'd highly recommend service related business types like car wash center, dry cleaning, etc.

For internet business, sure, you can setup an ecommerce store and sell just one type of stuff.

I wrote a guide on running an ecommerce store.

http://higherbase.com/topic/how-to-start-and-run-a-successful-ecommerce-store-12-step-by-step-must-follow-rules/

To read that guide on the site one needs to be an executive member, sorry about that.

I know there are other internet businesses, like forex, binary option...but like I said, they are risky.

You may also try affiliate marketing. Please be careful here, because your biggest problem will be too much information. If you are interested, I may make a few contribution on it.

Then I also recommend kindle publishing.

Opari.

I'll be back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
bros12345 :
Transportation ?
God forbid.
I invested close to 2 million on that and it failed.
I had to sell the buses after they made it
unusable for 40k one.
That is a very risky area, unless you will be
involved full-time and have the heart to stomoach
stories.
But if you have a different approach than, either
higher purchase, lease, rent, interstate, I'd be
grateful to learn. Thanks bro
You first started by shouting God Forbid.
You also consider it risky
and still, you stated my initial suggestion....."if you
have the heart to stomach their stories".
I will like to know what you understand "in practice"
by these approaches.........
Higher purchase
Lease
Rent
Interstate
Trust me, you may learn one or two things. Lets go
there.
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by Okwori12(m): 2:43am On Feb 21, 2015
Get this cool Android App - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1565207?
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by emmykk(m): 3:51am On Feb 21, 2015
7:30am-5:30pm is mean.this your job is mostly a bank work.

I advice the kind of business should be countable items,then you just employ a sales person there.
Like cement,Gala,Noodles,iceblock,bags of rice.

11 Likes

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by gboyetade: 3:57am On Feb 21, 2015
following
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by ohans4u(m): 6:51am On Feb 21, 2015
emmykk:
7:30am-5:30pm is mean.this your job is mostly a bank work.

I advice the kind of business should be countable items,then you just employ a sales person there.
Like cement,Gala,Noodles,iceblock,bags of rice.

Countable goods or not people will still manipulate stock.
There are some salesperson who will bring in there own items to the store to sell. e.g Cement stock, the sales person will replace each bag of cement sold with his own thereby making d profit for himself while your own stock remains intact. No sales no sales when u check stock it will b complete not knowing he has made gains to himself

15 Likes

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by ayo000247: 7:17am On Feb 21, 2015
Binary options trading. Check my signature and website for offers. Only 30 minutes to 2 hours daily.
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by emmykk(m): 7:44am On Feb 21, 2015
ohans4u:
Countable goods or not people will still manipulate stock.
There are some salesperson who will bring in there own items to the store to sell. e.g Cement stock, the sales person will replace each bag of cement sold with his own thereby making d profit for himself while your own stock remains intact. No sales no sales when u check stock it will b complete not knowing he has made gains to himself
you are funny.you always hear people say so you have not practicalise it yourself.

So all the people in nigeria who own shop and putting people there,their shop person steals or manipulate stock haba.
If i bought 600bags of cement for instance in myshop,so the sale girl i place there can now go to dangote and order the minimum quantity too. Where will she or he stock it?that is impossible.besides once in a while you check your stock and also give surprise visit..there is a reason countable stock is better for some1 who will not be present at his business place.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 8:10am On Feb 21, 2015
emmykk:
you are funny.you always hear people say so you have not practicalise it yourself.

So all the people in nigeria who own shop and putting people there,their shop person steals or manipulate stock haba.
If i bought 600bags of cement for instance in myshop,so the sale girl i place there can now go to dangote and order the minimum quantity too. Where will she or he stock it?that is impossible.besides once in a while you check your stock and also give surprise visit..there is a reason countable stock is better for some1 who will not be present at his business place.

Bros, the thing is that so many people are pessimistic towards business. Most people are looking for the easier way to rake in millions without much effort.
I mentioned transportation, someone immediately shot it down as a no no.
Now countable items, someone is talking about the sales person bringing his own stock to sale.......smh
A business man doesn't need to look at the huddles before he venture in. Start first and your experiences will define your attitude towards business and risk.
Rome was not built in a day.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by emmykk(m): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2015
eagleeye2:

Bros, the thing is that so many people are pessimistic towards business. Most people are looking for the easier way to rake in millions without much effort.
I mentioned transportation, someone immediately shot it down as a no no.
Now countable items, someone is talking about the sales person bringing his own stock to sale.......smh
A business man doesn't need to look at the huddles before he venture in. Start first and your experiences will define your attitude towards business and risk.
Rome was not built in a day.
my guy you dey enter class.

There was a day i suggest some1 to buy foodstuff from north to south and from south to north.that that is what am planning and he say i should forget that so i dont die on the way.that i should look for something i will be sitting down with in a shop.

Mewhile all these small small hausa boys have millions doing north-south thing.

The true is some people are crazy lazy.food,clothing,shelter and transportation is the bomb in money making especially transport because is daily cash.

One of my co-worker that is into it said that you should not mind if they cheat you in transport business,business you must always be cheated but you will make it.
He has three buses running ph to kogi while he work with us in the warehouse.

4 Likes

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 8:41am On Feb 21, 2015
emmykk:
my guy you dey enter class.

There was a day i suggest some1 to buy foodstuff from north to south and from south to north.that that is what am planning and he say i should forget that so i dont die on the way.that i should look for something i will be sitting down with in a shop.

Mewhile all these small small hausa boys have millions doing north-south thing.

The true is some people are crazy lazy.food,clothing,shelter and transportation is the bomb in money making especially transport because is daily cash.

One of my co-worker that is into it said that you should not mind if they cheat you in transport business,business you must always be cheated but you will make it.
He has three buses running ph to kogi while he work with us in the warehouse.
Abeg tell them ohh. when you are in transport business you must be cheated. But the trick is consistency.
If you set a target of 5000 daily returns for the driver, just bear in mind that you may be getting 2500 or 3000 with lots of story. From this same little amount set aside may be 1000 for repairs.
Patience is the key in transport business, and a heart to accept all the bullshit stories. Just make sure that your vehicle is sound enough to be on the road.
Also hustle for chatter services from your end. When you get a chatter service, you negotiate the amount with the client and then order your driver to go and drop them. At least you are in control of that particular transaction.
People just fear Risk. But doing nothing is risky on it's own.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2015
Popular Forms of Transport Business
Higher purchase
Lease
Rent
Interstate

Higher Purchase
Here the owner reaches an agreement with the driver, on how much to be delivered; Daily, Weekly, Or Monthly.
The driver is responsible for servicing the vehicle. If the driver successfully meets the target for the stipulated period and/or amount of money, he assumes ownership of the vehicle.
Advantages:
The owner doesn't have to worry himself about servicing of the car, and yet he earns his money from the car. If the driver defaults in payment he voids his contract.
Disadvantages:
The driver can decide to put the vehicle to extreme usage, and within a short time he has raked in enough money to buy his own vehicle and dump your own. By the time he dumps your own vehicle it will have become scrap.
The driver will sometimes not meet up his target and will beg the owner for time or for more grace. Once the owner takes this route, it becomes hard to collect back your vehicle from the driver because he will keep playing on your patience and humane nature.

5 Likes

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2015
Lease or Rent
I believe the two terms are the same.
Here the owner leases or rents the vehicle to the driver for a specified period of time while still maintaining the ownership of the vehicle, unlike high purchase agreement.
You enjoy the benefits of higher Purchase, while still retaining the ownership of your vehicle.
You equally share in the disadvantage of the higher purchase owner.
Am currently experimenting with this. (To motivate the driver, I drastically reduced the daily returns). But with the instruction that I must see the vehicle everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 10:29am On Feb 21, 2015
Interstate
I believe that interstate, means joining a Franchise system of a well established transport company or a state ownes transport company.
I started my transport business like this. I joined Abia Line Network. And I must say that it's a good thing in transport business if your car is very sound and you are still learning the ropes.
Why I said this is because, most Transport franchises have their own monitoring teams and before your vehicle sets out on a journey, the driver will be given a manifest which will help the monitoring team to know if the car has deviated from its route. If the driver violates their rules, the car will be impounded by the company.
Of course, drivers hate to be beaten at their game. So most of them will just stick to the rules of the company.
Disadvantages:
The Transport company stifles business innovation. For instance, I'd you have a chatter you must report it and pay the commission. If not, your car will be impounded.
The companies most times are only concerned about their commissions. If your car breaks down and there is a major work to be done, you have to go and collect parking permit. Failure to do so, will amount to heavy penalty.
I remember when my car knocked engine, I reported the matter via phone call and later sent the driver to go and pick up the packing permit. For one flimsy excuse or another, these guys requestes my presence. I couldn't come at that time. And when I finally went to their office they have already levied the vehicle with a 13200 penalty. Before they will allow the vehicle to run again.
I explained that the vehicle knocked engine, and they could care less. Company policy.
By the time the vehicle was fitted with a new engine, they penalty has risen to 100k. I respectfully cancelled my contract with them. And re sprayed my vehicle.

5 Likes

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 10:33am On Feb 21, 2015
I chose transport business, because I love cars and have passion for anything automobile. I love being at the mechanic and haggling with them. Picking the brains over different spare parts and their usefullness.
Moreover, this business affords me the time to focus on family after my daily toil at the office.

5 Likes

Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by bedfordng(m): 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
there is no business that won't require your physical presence except maybe you have genuine trusted hands to take care of it.you will have to checkmate the activities going on in the business.
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
bedfordng:
there is no business that won't require your physical presence except maybe you have genuine trusted hands to take care of it.you will have to checkmate the activities going on in the business.
Tell me how transport business requires your physical presence?
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by richesng(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
Mini Importation Business is something you can do on part time bases. It is not strenuous if you know how.
The same thing for online business. But you have to learn it first.
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by bedfordng(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
eagleeye2:

Tell me how transport business requires your physical presence?
maybe you don't intend monitoring activities in the business.are you going to sit at home through out the year without check mating activities in the business.when i mean physical presence. I don't mean everyday.who wants to run a business without taking time to get to know what is happening with the business even if its ones in a week.probably you intend leaving the business to people and sit at home through out the year.this will be easy if its a partnership business where you only invest your fund and take certain percentage as profit but if its your personal business, then your physical presence would be required on certain occassion to checkmate what is happening regardless whether it is transport business or not, you still have to create time to monitor the activities.maybe if one of your driver called and tell you that all your buses has been hijacked, i will see if you will still sit at home.
Re: Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule by eagleeye2: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
bedfordng:
maybe you don't intend monitoring activities in the business.are you going to sit at home through out the year without check mating activities in the business.when i mean physical presence. I don't mean everyday.who wants to run a business without taking time to get to know what is happening with the business even if its ones in a week.probably you intend leaving the business to people and sit at home through out the year.this will be easy if its a partnership business where you only invest your fund and take certain percentage as profit but if its your personal business, then your physical presence would be required on certain occassion to checkmate what is happening regardless whether it is transport business or not, you still have to create time to monitor the activities.maybe if one of your driver called and tell you that all your buses has been hijacked, i will see if you will still sit at home.
When you say physical presence, I believe you imply being on ground where the business runs.
Let's agree to disagree. No one that has an investment actually stays at home 24/7, 365days.
But in transport, you can afford to have a tight schedule in the office, while your business runs smoothly.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc / Benue Traders Resort To Trade By Barter Due To Naira Scarcity / How Businesses Are Going Mobile With Their Outlets (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.