Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,920 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers (1365 Views)

We Do Powerful 3d Architectural And 3D Interior Design. / Freelance Architectural visualisation 2D and 3D / Learn Autocad 2D And 3D, PDMS (specifically For Oil And Gas) And Solidworks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by almasterpiece(m): 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
I am a Geologist with almost two years working experience in the oil and gas industry. I work with a servicing firm; I created this thread so that fellow interpreters and modelers can share ideas in moving our jobs forward. Help upcoming Geologist and share update on latest industrial software.
Also if there is any vacancy in your firm or my firm we can easily contact each other.
I just realized Geologist are very few compared to the Engineers hence the need for this thread
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by Icon4s(m): 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2015
I am a Geophysicist/Seismic Interpreter with 9yrs industry experience. I have also worked as a Palaeontologist/Biostratigrapher.
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by almasterpiece(m): 12:50am On Feb 20, 2015
Icon4s:
I am a Geophysicist/Seismic Interpreter with 9yrs industry experience. I have also worked as a Palaeontologist/Biostratigrapher.
Bros i greet your 9 years experience, interpreting seismic can you know an MFS from seismic volume?
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by nonyeesther(f): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
I am a geophysicist, just graduated from futo and still serving, no experience apart from industrial training in paleontology/biostratigraphy. I will be glad if you all share your experience with me.
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by Siloko26(m): 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
good day everyone, am currently in my 200level studying geology. pls OP what software or soft skills can a geology student like me learn that is so relevant and useful in the industry. thanks
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by EngrBouss(m): 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Siloko26:
good day everyone, am currently in my 200level studying geology. pls OP what software or soft skills can a geology student like me learn that is so relevant and useful in the industry. thanks
with the right tutorial and practice you can understand arcGIS if interested in this let me know
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by almasterpiece(m): 6:08am On Feb 23, 2015
Siloko26:
Acquiring soft skills its dependent on the relevance to your passion. For me when I use PETREL and GEOGRAPHIX they are user friendly and they serve the purpose that I Love; seismic interpretation, petrophysics and modeling. So if you want to Model/interpret i will recommend PETREL & if u want to Characterize GEOGRAPHIX
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by almasterpiece(m): 6:10am On Feb 23, 2015
nonyeesther:
I am a geophysicist, just graduated from futo and still serving, no experience apart from industrial training in paleontology/biostratigraphy. I will be glad if you all share your experience with me.
There are so many experience to share, so pls narrow down ur question.
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by olubori1(m): 9:02am On Feb 23, 2015
@almasterpiece, am a fresh graduate of geology, am interested in Petrel and Geographix, i was told that if i download it,i will need a code to unlock it, how true is that? how can u be of help and are there other software u can recommend? my email is abodunrinoluwatobi14@gmail.com
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by almasterpiece(m): 10:20am On Feb 23, 2015
olubori1:
@almasterpiece, am a fresh graduate of geology, am interested in Petrel and Geographix, i was told that if i download it,i will need a code to unlock it, how true is that? how can u be of help and are there other software u can recommend? my email is abodunrinoluwatobi14@gmail.com
i sent you a mail.
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by olubori1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
almasterpiece:

i sent you a mail.
Thanks
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by Icon4s(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2015
almasterpiece:

Bros i greet your 9 years experience, interpreting seismic can you know an MFS from seismic volume?

Yes, you can ascertain a Maximum Flooding Surface (MFS) on seismic but it requires experience especially in Seismic facies analysis, quality of data and a good knowledge of the field in question. In Geosciences we try as much as possible to gather enough available data for our interpretations. Most Geoscientists would ask for Well Data and Biostratigraphic information in addition to Seismic for them to point out any MFS (Which still requires plenty of experience). However the easiest data set to obtain an MFS from is Biostratigraphic chart.

Seismic Facies analysis/Sequence Stratigraphy is a field I love so much wink

1 Like

Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by Icon4s(m): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2015
almasterpiece:
I am a Geologist with almost two years working experience in the oil and gas industry. I work with a servicing firm; I created this thread so that fellow interpreters and modelers can share ideas in moving our jobs forward. Help upcoming Geologist and share update on latest industrial software.
Also if there is any vacancy in your firm or my firm we can easily contact each other.
I just realized Geologist are very few compared to the Engineers hence the need for this thread

So what is your area of specialty?
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by Icon4s(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2015
nonyeesther:

I started in the Industry as a Micropaleontologist in a servicing Firm. This is a field most Geoscientist dread. I got the job mostly due to my B.Sc Project research which I did in micropaleontology. Package that which you know about palaeontology very well cos it might sell you one day.
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by almasterpiece(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
Icon4s:

So what is your area of specialty?
I interpret Seismic data using well logs; & other available data, Characterize and Model Reservoir; Static.
Re: 3d Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicist And 3d Geomodelers by almasterpiece(m): 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
Where are our Geologist

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Enroll In A Masters In Petroleum Engineering Now / Microbiologists; Career Advice / See How I Earned $700 Online Today From This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.