Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) (67532 Views)

30 People Die In Kogi Road Accident Today / Fatal Accident Today Along Creek Road,Apapa(Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by clemz88(m): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
I fear abuja road die. 3 lanes ,vehicles over speeding they don't even care slowing down for one to cross. My first time cross area 1 road ,I spent more than 20 mins.just to cross over to the other 3 lane. Drivers need to be cautioned. Life no get spare part
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by DuchessLily(f): 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Over speed!, also possibly abs was not faulty and driver pumped brakes too hard instead of swerving.

RIP to the dead.

And to the fast and furious out there, DRIVE SLOW HOMIE.....
*@ the bolded* DAT sounds strange coming from u ....,duuuhhh....... tongue

RIP to d dead
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by vizion: 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
chronique:
RIP to the dead. A lot of Nigerians are bad drivers and bad road users. Overtaking from the right is wrong and should you attempt it,make sure you have a clear view of your front view and also ensure there's ample space for you to drive before the vehicle you're overtaking,pulls over in front of you. The safest and right way to overtake is from your left. Many people know this,but still end up breaking this rule and at the end,they waste their lives and the lives of others. Last month,I was on Lagos-Abeokuta express and my colleagues were of the opinion that I should reverse on the express so we can quickly connect the opposite lane and avoid traffic. I vehemently refused,but opted to through the normal route to connect the opposite lane. I tried to explain to them that reversing on the express was wrong and the vehicles coming behind me wouldn't expect a car to be reversing on that lane. At the end,I might end up causing accident for innocent people. If they die as a result of that,would I forgive myself knowing fully well that I was wrong? These are the little details Nigerians don't pay attention to and at the end of the day,they end up paying a greater price for it. People should learn to do the right thing often,and also put other road users into consideration when driving.

@bolded, you have spoken the truth

however, many drivers dont give you the opportunity to overtake from the left, despite your how many times you hoot your horns, or flash your head lights at them. some times you overtake them an see them gisting or engaging in phone calls.

such ppl should be held liable for man slaughter, while the FRSC, and police should use unmarkded cars and fish these kind of drivers out.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
This is why these guys died.

A lack of government oversight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by AreaFada2: 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
jude33084:
No medics to administer first aid?

God have mercy on their souls

We are too quick to pronounced people dead in this country undecided

My brother I tire, with gud first aid, quick resuscitation and emergency surgery to evacuate internal bleeding and drip/blood given, some of those quickly declared dead by common road users might just survive.

We regularly manage to keep some alive here in the West, some with horrible injuries.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Olushauneddy(m): 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
chronique:
RIP to the dead. A lot of Nigerians are bad drivers and bad road users. Overtaking from the right is wrong and should you attempt it,make sure you have a clear view of your front view and also ensure there's ample space for you to drive before the vehicle you're overtaking,pulls over in front of you. The safest and right way to overtake is from your left. Many people know this,but still end up breaking this rule and at the end,they waste their lives and the lives of others. Last month,I was on Lagos-Abeokuta express and my colleagues were of the opinion that I should reverse on the express so we can quickly connect the opposite lane and avoid traffic. I vehemently refused,but opted to through the normal route to connect the opposite lane. I tried to explain to them that reversing on the express was wrong and the vehicles coming behind me wouldn't expect a car to be reversing on that lane. At the end,I might end up causing accident for innocent people. If they die as a result of that,would I forgive myself knowing fully well that I was wrong? These are the little details Nigerians don't pay attention to and at the end of the day,they end up paying a greater price for it. People should learn to do the right thing often,and also put other road users into consideration when driving.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by ABEngine(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
RIP to the F1 speedstars, but sympathizing with them does no good to the living who wouldn't obey that next speed limit signage. We are always in a hurry to nowhere, if he (the driver) had a chance, he would have chosen to annul whatever prompted such urgency. Hope we all learn from it.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by chigoizie7(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Over speed!, also possibly abs was not faulty and driver pumped brakes too hard instead of swerving.

RIP to the dead.

And to the fast and furious out there, DRIVE SLOW HOMIE............

R.I.P to the dead bro, I can imagine the scenerio, overtaking from the right and den that barricade in the middle of the road will make it impossible to swerve further by the right, and if he turned to d left, their might not be enuf space btween the truck and the vehicle he overtook,even if their is, that very vehicle would ve crushed them too, "onwu na akpo nwa nkita na ebu uzo afochisi ya nti na anya."

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by leshluap(m): 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
The main cause of accident in abuja is over speeding.. Those roads are just too smooth.. Talk of kubwa express, airport road, berger-banex-nicon road....and the cars are mostly in good condition.. RIP to the dead..
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by MistadeRegal(m): 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
Now, let some representatives arise and call for the banning of Toyota Camry too.......Always Toyota.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by fyneboi79(m): 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
chronique:
If every driver can think like you,then our roads will be a lot more safer.This is how every Nigerian driver needs to think for higher saftey standard.Always act like a defender on the road rather than a striker.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by sexyjennik(f): 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
OMG this year is still fresh and I keep hearing the death news of people as if it's now a normal everyday thing for people to die out of recklessness. Why drive recklessly when you can simply drive jeje and get to your destination in peace and not in pieces

Life surely has no duplicate.

YOLO- you only live once

RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by ethylene: 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
The more the bad roads, the more safely they drive. The less the accident.
Most Drivers has forgotten this...
"it's better to be late than to be late" cry

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by yemicoal(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
Paul Walker movement[color=][/color] cry
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by spaggyy(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
cardoctor:

Same as well on this occasion, NO AMBULANCE, NO FIRE BRIGADE. Just ordinary citizens doing our best to offer help in an almost helpless situation.

Car-Doctor
Good report but u still went ahead to end it with lies...I could s men of d FRSC right der on d scene thru d pics u provided...but u said only ordinary citizens...N.B I hate FRSC
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nmeri17:
why hasn't technology advanced to manufacturing cars that do not compress on impact in this 2015, cars still collide and people die as a result?? I'm not impressed with the Asians at all sad -_-
Apart from the fact that fuel economy will be severely compromised, the price of purchasing and maintaining a car with a very hard body shell will be too high for the average man.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by abatically(m): 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nmeri17:
why hasn't technology advanced to manufacturing cars that do not compress on impact in this 2015, cars still collide and people die as a result?? I'm not impressed with the Asians at all sad -_-

Dude what has Asians got to do with this. Any car will wreck in that situation. Paul walker was killed in a Porsche. Princess Diana died in a Mercedes Benz top of the class. Even vice president namadi sambo's younger brother died in a BMW x6 on this same airport road. Do u also blame the Asians for that? Nigerians just love lookin for someone to blame.

3 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by holyokoto(m): 10:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
Am scared
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Donsammi(m): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
l0l.. Fear that xpresway like hell.. The 4lanes ar tew wide and drivas drive like hell...
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by wayaaaa: 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
God tk control nd heal dem
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by deor03(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
We can't blame government for everything

you need to see how reckless people drive in Abuja
CityNG:
This is why these guys died.

A lack of government oversight.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by laplace12(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Over speeding, nothing else.

They way some drivers go run pass you for road sometimes, you go begin dey wonder if something dey draw your car for back sad

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Donsammi(m): 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
abatically:

Dude what has Asians got to do with this. Any car will wreck in that situation. Paul walker was killed in a Porsche. Princess Diana died in a Mercedes Benz top of the class. Even vice president namadi sambo's younger brother died in a BMW x6 on this same airport road. Do u also blame the Asians for that? Nigerians just love lookin for someone to blame.
hey hey. Kubwa xpress r0ad is n0t the same as airp0rt r0ad... Dat is arud lugbe fha axis.. Dnt s0und as if u knw abuja.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Raheem2386: 11:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
So sad! May they RIP and I hope the other lady gets better. There is a NEMA post down that road if I'm not mistaken, it's still good that the citizens tried to help but it will be good to always involve these rescue workers, probably no one called them and peeps will just be criticizing and say they didn't come, are they spirits how would they know of such occurrences if we don't call. NEMA has a fully functional 24hour call dispatch centre, let's endeavor to use all these services and not just conclude that they don't work.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by stagger: 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
musiwa94:
[size=18pt]maximum speed limit should be 80 km/hr, since it is inside a city.

trailers and cars can not be on the same lane.
[/size]

Sometimes I do 100km/hr on that road, and then I see a car loaded with passengers (probably on the way to Bwari or Zuba enroute Kaduna) zoom past me like a rocket, which shows that they are probably doing 140km/hr. I think the speed limiters to be enforced as from June 1st will do a lot of good.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by RaptorX: 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
No paramedics, no ambulance, no fire fighters. How do they know they are really dead, just threw them on the road and gather around looking at them, when is the black race going to get it right?
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Kingsasian(m): 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
Then tomorrow those honourables will now decide to ban Toyota camry cars.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Sylverbox(m): 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
And the Nigerian army officer doesn't know which side of the body the heart is.......Rip to the dead, so we match this march without you.....Peace.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Buhari1(m): 11:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
spaggyy:
Good report but u still went ahead to end it with lies...I could s men of d FRSC right der on d scene thru d pics u provided...but u said only ordinary citizens...N.B I hate FRSC

Fooooool. That was a security guard. They turned up eventually but that was long after the victims have been extracted from the vehicle. Same as the soldier. Rather than compliment or advice fellow Nls or even possibly support a safe driving campaign, you are looking for what to criticize. I bet if you were at the scene, you wouldn't even have stopped to help. yeye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boy Constructs 'Keke Napep' With Slippers In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) / Strange Car Seen On Badagry, Lagos Road This Morning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.