Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) (67517 Views)

30 People Die In Kogi Road Accident Today / Fatal Accident Today Along Creek Road,Apapa(Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by tit(f): 11:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
CityNG:
This is why these guys died.

A lack of government oversight.

That Osita Ihedioka (now minister of aviation) should be brought out in public and stoned. (with amaechi)

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by pickabeau1: 11:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nmeri17:
why hasn't technology advanced to manufacturing cars that do not compress on impact in this 2015, cars still collide and people die as a result?? I'm not impressed with the Asians at all sad -_-

You can't afford such a car

RIP to the dead
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
Some people are fond of following TRAILERS with speed..
Blame WITCHES and village people ,dats all we can do...
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by piagetskinner(m): 12:06am On Feb 22, 2015
LoRd sve your children from the arrows of the day nd night #ppl should take into cognisance that life has no duplicate, nd should be cautious on the way they drive on the highway# OBEy highway codes

NYSC/FRSC; safety is our concern!
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Mordyb: 12:11am On Feb 22, 2015
clemz88:
I fear abuja road die. 3 lanes ,vehicles over speeding they don't even care slowing down for one to cross. My first time cross area 1 road ,I spent more than 20 mins.just to cross over to the other 3 lane. Drivers need to be cautioned. Life no get spare part
it is because of people like you that those bridges were built yet people as stubborn as goats will still attempt to cross the road even bringing down the barrier because they want government to make the bridge to enter their house

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by olajide8(m): 12:28am On Feb 22, 2015
That spot is notorious for taking lives- even when it was a single lane cars vied off the then single lane into the gully on a consistent basis - It was almost a weekly event then* wish God could have helped them but - they are gone* RIP
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Dronedude(m): 12:37am On Feb 22, 2015
RIP...speed is good but only for the proffesionals like me.

Pls drive safe and speed responsively.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by iukpe: 12:38am On Feb 22, 2015
Why don't we ever see ambulances in photos taken at Nigeria accident or incident scenes?

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by manyr4luv: 1:37am On Feb 22, 2015
chronique:
RIP to the dead. A lot of Nigerians are bad drivers and bad road users. Overtaking from the right is wrong and should you attempt it,make sure you have a clear view of your front view and also ensure there's ample space for you to drive before the vehicle you're overtaking,pulls over in front of you. The safest and right way to overtake is from your left. Many people know this,but still end up breaking this rule and at the end,they waste their lives and the lives of others. Last month,I was on Lagos-Abeokuta express and my colleagues were of the opinion that I should reverse on the express so we can quickly connect the opposite lane and avoid traffic. I vehemently refused,but opted to through the normal route to connect the opposite lane. I tried to explain to them that reversing on the express was wrong and the vehicles coming behind me wouldn't expect a car to be reversing on that lane. At the end,I might end up causing accident for innocent people. If they die as a result of that,would I forgive myself knowing fully well that I was wrong? These are the little details Nigerians don't pay attention to and at the end of the day,they end up paying a greater price for it. People should learn to do the right thing often,and also put other road users into consideration when driving.
Thank GOD FOR THE MOTHER THAT GAVE BIRTH TO YOU!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by mikron(m): 1:49am On Feb 22, 2015
since the federal govt awarded the contract to reconstruct the former 2 lane expressway to this present 8 lanes we have seen deadly accidents along this abuja/zuba expressway, 2 years ago just by the nicon juntion a peougeot 406 driving on full speed from berger towards katampe crashed and killed about 9 julius berger workers fixing cavestones by the side of the road. last year the former minister of the fct mallam el rufai lost his son in a fatal auto crash along gwarimpa/kubwa axis. the fed road safety and VIO should enforce strict speed limit laws for vehicles driving within these roads and the city centre to curtail such ugly occurences.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 22, 2015
deor03:
We can't blame government for everything

you need to see how reckless people drive in Abuja

Your prerogative but I continue to blame the government.

Why don't I drive reckless here in the US? I'm not going to answer the question but let you ponder on it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 2:05am On Feb 22, 2015
MistadeRegal:
Now, let some representatives arise and call for the banning of Toyota Camry too.......Always Toyota.

Your statement reeks of idiocy.

You can see that the vehicle in this accident did it's job spectacularly.

1) It didn't burst into flames like the Hiace.

2) It kept the occupants inside the protective safety cage unlike the Hiace where bodies littered the road after being ejected.

It's unfortunate that the non US (of course) trailer did not have a safety bar at the bottom as required by US laws. If it had then these folks would have most likely survived. No manufacturer can engineer an A pillar to withstand such forces.

It's also unfortunate that the car could not use more of its superb safety devices because the point of impact was above the safety zone where all the sensors were located.

The Hiace should be banned from Nigerian roads as a people carrying vehicle.

The Mercedes Benz S class vehicles are arguably the safest things on wheels and Mercedes Benz routinely wins all sorts of safety awards yet Princess Diana died in one in Paris was it? I understand that she wasn't wearing her seat belt, a required safety device. Even a front seat passenger survived that accident and she in the backseat did not.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by JayJustus(m): 2:27am On Feb 22, 2015
Nmeri17:
why hasn't technology advanced to manufacturing cars that do not compress on impact in this 2015, cars still collide and people die as a result?? I'm not impressed with the Asians at all sad -_-

these niggas ain't loyal tho
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by toprealman: 2:31am On Feb 22, 2015
Our leaders have failed us. Simple road safety good practiced should have averted this great loss. RIP to the dead.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by LAX89(m): 3:29am On Feb 22, 2015
cardoctor
[color=#990000:
Funny enough[/color]
, this accident happened at almost the same spot, in similar circumstances and barely 3 months after another accident involving a Toyota Rav4 and an AMAC transport bus caused a heavy gridlock with possible fatalities.

I think that a serious failure in driver training and licensing as well as speed monitoring by law enforcement agent such as the Police and Road Safety corps is the major cause of the level of carnage and deaths that we experience on these scary Nigerian roads. Something urgently need to be done.

Same as well on this occasion, NO AMBULANCE, NO FIRE BRIGADE. Just ordinary citizens doing our best to offer help in an almost helpless situation.

God help us. Amen
Car-Doctor

Whats 'Funny' about this tragedy?
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by stinggy(m): 6:00am On Feb 22, 2015
BaebieHot:
This is terrible.
Op, I was at the scene of the accident that happened some months back btw the toyota and Amac bus. It was really bad.

The Kubwa express way is very nice to drive on, probably too nice. Some drivers think that they own the road. God help us all.

The way some of them drive you'll think there's a special force on the road whose duty is to arrest drivers who are driving slow.

RIP to the dead!

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by juman(m): 6:20am On Feb 22, 2015
One nigeria problem.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by uboma(m): 6:32am On Feb 22, 2015
CityNG:
This is why these guys died.

A lack of government oversight.

Thank you for bringing out this vital information. I just hope that our FRSC and VIO men would make it compulsory for all operational trailers in the country to install a rear protector as seen in the pictures. But these men are only interested in fleecing motorists especially the VIO.

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Weah96: 6:57am On Feb 22, 2015
See this all the time in Atlanta. The sweet big roads cause people to think that they work in Nascar. Damn, the man on the ground has no hope of an ambulance getting there in time. And it's not advisable to move a patient in that condition. RIP.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by spaggyy(m): 6:58am On Feb 22, 2015
Buhari1:

Fooooool. That was a security guard. They turned up eventually but that was long after the victims have been extracted from the vehicle. Same as the soldier. Rather than compliment or advice fellow Nls or even possibly support a safe driving campaign, you are looking for what to criticize. I bet if you were at the scene, you wouldn't even have stopped to help. yeye
I don't need to exchange words with you, check dis pics of yours again....wenever u are making a report be more observant

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Weah96: 7:02am On Feb 22, 2015
LAX89:

He meant to use "coincidentally." There's nothing funny about people losing their lives in car accidents.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by sunshine1974(m): 7:46am On Feb 22, 2015
Seriously when u board some vehicles ur heart will just be up dere till u drop due to the way some drivers go about their driving and if u talk sef na dat time d drivers go dey vex......just one second of mistake usually leads to accidents........May God help us

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Buhari1(m): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2015
LAX89:

My friend ("friend"wink go and learn more english. That "funny" is not the joke-laugh funny. It may be metaphorical. Only people like you would be looking for something to laugh about in a tragic situation like this.

So sorry the op disappointed you.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Buhari1(m): 8:01am On Feb 22, 2015
spaggyy:
I don't need to exchange words with you, check dis pics of yours again....wenever u are making a report be more observant

E be like say u be road safety. u didnt read that they only turned up after the victims had been extracted.

oya, find another fault. mr correcter. btw im not d op. mr teacher.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 22, 2015
musiwa94:
[size=18pt]maximum speed limit should be 80 km/hr, since it is inside a city.

trailers and cars can not be on the same lane.
[/size]

This is something that needs to seriously be enforced in Nigeria.
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by spaggyy(m): 8:34am On Feb 22, 2015
Buhari1:

E be like say u be road safety. u didnt read that they only turned up after the victims had been extracted.

oya, find another fault. mr correcter. btw im not d op. mr teacher.
lol guy I no be frsc...moreover me no like dem...I dey come make I go church
Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by doofanc: 9:02am On Feb 22, 2015
notice how the truck was barely affected while the camry looks like what just passed through a giant vice.

Take am easy for road ooooo. RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by boladez(m): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2015
Unfortunately most drivers will look, say religious stuffs....and go back to reckless mode........

The accident in my opinion was a successful suicide attempt.....the guy overtaking was reckless and the guy being overtaken was wicked....hope he is happy for now allowing the reckless driver to overtake and go. Some driver speed up once they see someone makes to overtake.

bottow lone we should all learn to be more careful and considerate to other road users ...u may save a life.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by LordReed(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2015
chronique:
RIP to the dead. A lot of Nigerians are bad drivers and bad road users. Overtaking from the right is wrong and should you attempt it,make sure you have a clear view of your front view and also ensure there's ample space for you to drive before the vehicle you're overtaking,pulls over in front of you. The safest and right way to overtake is from your left. Many people know this,but still end up breaking this rule and at the end,they waste their lives and the lives of others. Last month,I was on Lagos-Abeokuta express and my colleagues were of the opinion that I should reverse on the express so we can quickly connect the opposite lane and avoid traffic. I vehemently refused,but opted to through the normal route to connect the opposite lane. I tried to explain to them that reversing on the express was wrong and the vehicles coming behind me wouldn't expect a car to be reversing on that lane. At the end,I might end up causing accident for innocent people. If they die as a result of that,would I forgive myself knowing fully well that I was wrong? These are the little details Nigerians don't pay attention to and at the end of the day,they end up paying a greater price for it. People should learn to do the right thing often,and also put other road users into consideration when driving.

Many drivers know this but here is the problem you find these people who run driving schools teaching people to drive on the left lane! I mean a learner with his L sign on the left lane? And after acquiring his license he continues to drive SLOWLY on the left lane! It is one of the most frustrating things to behold on the road and when you give them a sign to move over they think you are stupid. I am sure the driver in this unfortunate accident has had his fair share of the frustrating attempt to overtake on the left and wanted to go right.

RIP to the deceased.

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) by abatically(m): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2015
LordReed:

Many drivers know this but here is the problem you find these people who run driving schools teaching people to drive on the left lane! I mean a learner with his L sign on the left lane? And after acquiring his license he continues to drive SLOWLY on the left lane! It is one of the most frustrating things to behold on the road and when you give them a sign to move over they think you are stupid. I am sure the driver in this unfortunate accident has had his fair share of the frustrating attempt to overtake on the left and wanted to go right.

RIP to the deceased.

Overtaking on the right side on a dual carriage highway is legal. A slow driving vehicle should keep right though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boy Constructs 'Keke Napep' With Slippers In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) / Strange Car Seen On Badagry, Lagos Road This Morning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.