Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! (21267 Views)

Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? / ARE YOU PACKING TO ANOTHER APARTMENT & NEED HELP WITH PACKING? / Am Confused : My Baby Mother Disappears With Our Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
IbkD:
Dein , it's strange she just started having this nightmares after many years in the house. I'm sending you a pm via your mailbox

Alrite. Will respond accordingly!
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by peedeeasobie(m): 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
elantraceey:
I so much don't like it when i hear christians suffering from demonic attacks, it reminds me of a man that has a gun but doesn't know how to shoot so he's intimated by one who doesn't have one because of his ignorance .

Sir don't get me wrong i'm trying to condemn you or anything but there are somethings that praying and fasting can't get you because you might be doing it the wrong way , sometimes it's more than that . I don't know if parking out will solve the issue but what if after parking it continues? Like someone suggested ask her to sleep somewhere else to find out if the dreams and attack still come.

Let me borrow from what Elantraceey opined.
You do not stop demonic attacks by praying and fasting!
Jesus said 'you shall cast out demons, stop praying against them'.
cast them out!

say 'you foul demons, I charge in the name of Jesus, stop your maneuvers in my home and in my wife and I command you to go out and come back no more. I put a stop to the nightmares and your activities in Jesus name!'

say these with all assurance in your heart and start rejoicing after you have said so that the demon is gone. Start declaring that the demon is gone and that ur house is not conducive for demonic activities

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
nkemdi89:
You are lucky you have a prayerful wife, maybe your landlord wants to renew his blood sacrifice now and he is trying to pick from your family, leave the house o unless you want to bury your family. Women naturally we always pay attention to things happening around us than men maybe due to your busy schedule you may not really observe. Most landlords are evil that's why its important to conduct vetting on any facility you are paying for before getting it.

My current landlord is the best a tenant could ever dream having. He's well to do. Well loaded, and we know his means of livelihood.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by femi4: 12:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
coogar:
what kinda attacks are we talking about?
spiritual attack or what? you better sit your wife down & make her confess if she had done anything vile in the past. i cannot understand why she's the only one being attacked while you(the hubby) is immune to the attack.

make your own private enquiry & draw a logical conclusion from it.
God bless you....She must have done something weird in the past
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by skentelelady(f): 12:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
To me it may not be the house but spiritual attacks from elsewhere

Like babyosisi said, go and spend weekend in a hotel or family member's house for a while and see if the dreams persist

If they do, please you and your family needs serious deliverance and prayers against untimely death or accident

If the dreams stop, please you need to move out of that house asap. Forget the rent. God will provide another money

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
skentelelady:

Like babyosisi said, go and spend weekend in a hotel or family member's house for a while and see if the dreams persist

If they do, please you and your family needs serious deliverance and prayers against untimely death or accident

If the dreams stop, please you need to move out of that house asap. Forget the rent. God will provide another money

Thank you. It's exactly what we shall do.

My wife's life is more important to me than all the money in the world.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
Na MFM fire prayers you need to drive all those demons and evil spirit away, our dreams are reflections of our subconscious mind & what goes on in our dream world, moreover, the spiritual controls the physical realm, she might just be getting a signal that danger is lurking around the corner..... wink

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
sammyke:
@ Op let her visit a psychiatrist , they av drugs for dis kind of disorder. Can't remember the precise drug at the moment

gbam I was just wondering when a right thinking person will say this.......not everything is spiritual some things need medical attention ,unfortunately in this part of the world ,mental issues are erroneously treated as spiritual and with kid gloves..... seeing a psychiatrist doesn't mean a person is mad

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by demjohn(m): 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:
Good evening, my able people. I initially wanted to post this thread on RELIGION section, but on a second thought, I considered it will make more sense to post it here. The issues to be discussed cut across FAMILY and RELIGION, hence my confusion over which section it should be posted.

My wife's been having recurrent nightmares. Seriously, she hardly have a smooth night. Its all screams and screams, and incessant dreams of death hovering around us. We have prayed and fasted, but the dreams keep coming. Whenever I'm on night shift, I'm also worried about her safety back home. Its either she dreams of our kids having serious attacks or herself being under attacks. Its really challenging.

A few weeks ago, we visited a pastor, and after some discussions he suggested we should relocate to another apartment/place. I pretended like I didnt hear him. When we got home, my wife brought the issue up again and I told her we werent going anywhere. I told her we should continue praying and believe God to see us through. We've been in our current apartment for a little over 5 years. Now she says shes no longer comfortable with the house and that we must relocate. Honestly, she hardly enjoys the place. Whether or not it got anything to do with what our pastor told us, I couldnt tell.

Today, she brought it up again. She had gone to see her business colleague, and according to her they zoomed off into religious stuff, and the issue of our house and the bad dreams came up. Of course, her pastor friend also suggested we relocate. A little argument came up and i had to leave the house. I'm typing from the office; night duty things.

My stand is this: being a Christian over a decade, plus knowing the fact relocating to a new place may not necessarily stop the attacks, I still believe we should ask some of our pastors to come over to our house and join us in prayer. I believe a Christian shouldnt run from demonic attacks, but should instead fight back and withstand these foes. Its my belief shaa!

I just renewed our rent for the year a few days ago. But my wife is still insisting we relocate. Her health and happiness, needless to say, is very important to the both of us, and I dont want to appear insensitive and selfish. What should I do? What if she is right? Should I stand my ground? What if I'm wrong? Too many thoughts crossing my mind. That will be the third place we will be relocating to within our axis.

Whats the best way to handle this situation? Please, I will appreciate all meaningful suggestions and advice....

Thanks, in advance.
Kindly allow her to stay and sleep at a relative house for sometime..and if she continue havn the dream ,it will be better for her to confes... What prompt......
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Neplusultra(f): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
U shud have heed her advice b4 going to renew d rent bros, pls listen to her, I know wot am sayin embarassed
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
ITbomb:
Women are more sensitive to Spiritual influence than men.
For your wife to ask you to relocate and you still go ahead to pay the rent, in spite of the genuine fears, is very selfish of you.

Has she been having this nightmares before you pack in or it is only there. If it has been having before, let her find her solution. If not, let her sleep somewhere else and confirm if the house is really haunted.

Never ignore hunch from your wife if you want to live long, sometimes our masculine nature block spiritual hints but a true woman that has not lost her spiritual inclination gets those hints most times and inform the man
He's isn't being reluctant because of selfishness. He has a side chick that he's "knacking" somewhere in their current neighbourhood. His wife is aware but doesn't wanna confront him so she comes up with persistent nightmares to justify her request for relocation. I dare you to deny it op and I'll post your picture and the picture of your babe. Sit your wife down and confess to her. Apologize for being unfaithful. Make sure you desist from your extra marital affairs. If you keep knacking the girl, I'll cry wolf. Hope u understand?
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
[size=13pt]you guys go sleep in an hotel for some days, if the dreams keep recurring, then its not the house, but if she sleeps fine, u have to move out of that house or ur wife will go nuts..... Dont let the mother of ur kids suffer.... Some demonic battles are not urs to fight.... And whether you truly pray to the house, ur wife still will be unhappy there because it has now become a subconscious thought. rent somewhere new.[/size]

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
skentelelady:

this may not work because she psychologically has something against the house so mere not sleeping in that house will help her relax.....and not have nightmares
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
Fit2Rule:

He's isn't being reluctant because of selfishness. He has a side chick that he's "knacking" somewhere in their current neighbourhood. His wife is aware but doesn't wanna confront him so she comes up with persistent nightmares to justify her request for relocation. I dare you to deny it op and I'll post your picture and the picture of your babe. Sit your wife down and confess to her. Apologize for being unfaithful. Make sure you desist from your extra marital affairs. If you keep knacking the girl, I'll cry wolf. Hope u understand?

ha! see gobe! @op is this true.......
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by ajetunde: 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dude, Re the f**king locate, you don't want to be wasting your family's time energy and effort battling something you may not know anything about. Something bad may have happened in that house.... And why does this sound like "The Cojuring" go and watch the movie.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by pecothecash: 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
[size=40pt]what God has joined together, let no man put assunder.
for better for worse.
we will be together
[/size]
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by ajetunde: 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Fit2Rule:

shocked shocked Lobatan o, plot twist.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by hero31x(m): 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
Beloved Poster,
It may be true that women are somehow more sensitve in spirit but I really want to take another angle to this. Having gone through your post, the following are my advice & submission:
1. Faith comes by hearing & Fear also come by hearing; what does your wife hear, watch or read? Get her faith materials like: books on faith, messages on faith & encourage her via the word of God.
2. I must let you know that it is an error to see light intimidated by darkness; is your wife Born Again? If she is, it then means that she is the light: Jesus said 'ye are the light of the world', there have never been a time light run from darkness; anytime it happens, it then means that light is no longer light. Attacks is a symbol of darkness, your wife really needs to know who she is in Christ Jesus.
3. The Lord said 'as a man thinkest in his heart, so is he' (Prov 23:7). What does your wife Meditate on? Locate faith filled scriptures & read it constantly to your wife day & night.
4. Your prayers may not be enough, you may need to invite an elder in the Lord who would join you in prayer: remember 'if two of you shall agree as touching anything, it shall be established'.
Finally, if your wife continually thinks is from the house, then you should know that her thinking is affecting her dreams. You may heed to her suggestion to let peace rain.
God bless you & hope this piece would be of help.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
Relocate first before arguing if its with your apartment or not.
Why do we doubt out pastors most time?
Why then did you go to meet him if you won't believe what he tells you?
Yeah we all have power to reverse the devices of the enemy but then, God place people to encourage us when we need them and thy are called our pastors...
Why not obey the voice of your wife, wife's friend and your pastor?
You are the man we know but ,most times please act foolish.... smiley
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
visit the dreams and interpretation thread
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
Stop! Why must you say that? Don't you know that some people are more spiritually in tune than others? I know of a man whose brother-in-law gave his guest house to stay in and they lost their 3 children there after he had evil dreams about his in-law, but the wife disagreed and refutted them as mere dreams. After the death of their 3rd child, they left the state entirely (the man's business crumbled and his in-law didn't allow them worship at their own church, he said his church was better). This said man (dreamer) started all over again at the age of 45 and was able to make something good out of his life and family. Their lives turned around remarkably and their fiath in God grew stronger.
coogar:
what kinda attacks are we talking about?
spiritual attack or what? you better sit your wife down & make her confess if she had done anything vile in the past. i cannot understand why she's the only one being attacked while you(the hubby) is immune to the attack.

make your own private enquiry & draw a logical conclusion from it.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
@OP pray seriously. Hold onto God and if the dreams persist, pls move out of that house peacefully (you don't know what God is trying to save you from). Don't be heady, just obey God. Even if you have to move into a smaller apartment, it is better than staying in a mansion and dying prematurely. God forbid any evil befalling you and your family in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Totfulguy: 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:
Good evening, my able people. I initially wanted to post this thread on RELIGION section, but on a second thought, I considered it will make more sense to post it here. The issues to be discussed cut across FAMILY and RELIGION, hence my confusion over which section it should be posted.

My wife's been having recurrent nightmares. Seriously, she hardly have a smooth night. Its all screams and screams, and incessant dreams of death hovering around us. We have prayed and fasted, but the dreams keep coming. Whenever I'm on night shift, I'm also worried about her safety back home. Its either she dreams of our kids having serious attacks or herself being under attacks. Its really challenging.

A few weeks ago, we visited a pastor, and after some discussions he suggested we should relocate to another apartment/place. I pretended like I didnt hear him. When we got home, my wife brought the issue up again and I told her we werent going anywhere. I told her we should continue praying and believe God to see us through. We've been in our current apartment for a little over 5 years. Now she says shes no longer comfortable with the house and that we must relocate. Honestly, she hardly enjoys the place. Whether or not it got anything to do with what our pastor told us, I couldnt tell.

Today, she brought it up again. She had gone to see her business colleague, and according to her they zoomed off into religious stuff, and the issue of our house and the bad dreams came up. Of course, her pastor friend also suggested we relocate. A little argument came up and i had to leave the house. I'm typing from the office; night duty things.

My stand is this: being a Christian over a decade, plus knowing the fact relocating to a new place may not necessarily stop the attacks, I still believe we should ask some of our pastors to come over to our house and join us in prayer. I believe a Christian shouldnt run from demonic attacks, but should instead fight back and withstand these foes. Its my belief shaa!

I just renewed our rent for the year a few days ago. But my wife is still insisting we relocate. Her health and happiness, needless to say, is very important to the both of us, and I dont want to appear insensitive and selfish. What should I do? What if she is right? Should I stand my ground? What if I'm wrong? Too many thoughts crossing my mind. That will be the third place we will be relocating to within our axis.

Whats the best way to handle this situation? Please, I will appreciate all meaningful suggestions and advice....

Thanks, in advance.

I read the comment of people and I feel sad and upset at the way we think in this part of the world. Situations like what is described above can be the result of some sort of depression that can be handled with a simple medical intervention. Why must EVERYTHING in this part of the world be a result of "Spiritual attacks" or "Deeds of the past"? Until we free ourselves from the shackles of superstition and addiction to the "my-pastor-says" syndrome, we will never find solutions to our problems. We will not only be slaves to the conditions that befall us but the pastors that are ever ready to deceive us and rob us of our lean resources.

@Poster: Please see a psychologist and then he will tell you if you need to see a psychiatrist. But dont be in a hurry to administer the antidepressants. Lets see if she can organically reset her thinking. She may be having some sort of Hallucinations which have NOTHING to do with "spiritual attacks".

I can imagine what you are going through right now...be strong!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by alchemist(m): 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:

Thanks, in advance.

The truth is knowing what your wife dreams about, pray fervently about this dreams and have faith in God. As much as God do give me Hunch and gives me vision about things, they have never come in nightmares so my conclusion is try and talk to your wife. She might have done something she is not opening up to you about, let her retrace her steps and i am sure from there both of you will have a solution IJN.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by uzhi(m): 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
Sorry for what u are passing through.
Experiment by asking ur wife to go and visit her parents or family, then observe if she have d same dream there. If not, that means the house isn't d problem.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by SaintMog(m): 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
I am a pastor. It will not be strange if your wife is the only experiencing it. Do a trend check on your finance, family health, job etc.

If the trend confirms your wife's fears, then it is real. Compare the above trends before and while you are in your present location.

Should you relocate if the trend prove that it is the compound? ANSWER: if you can gain your wife's confidence, don't. Demons should run away from fire of God and not otherwise. But you must get a deliverance gifted pastor to work there. Your family must be prayerful. After sometime it will stop.

If you can't gain your wife's confidence, then relocate. Demons are real. Don't mind the all comers rubbish they say here. I once handled a case like this and the couple are still living there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Jay5000(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
@OP; My hunch is maybe there's a confession she needs to make.
I might be wrong but you never know...
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by jamillion: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
Well! I av followed coments bt one thing left unattended to, anybody can be possess by evil spirit(jinn), forget does saying u should relocate do or not it will nt stop d occourences. Jst maail me on: jamillion252@gmail.com for counseling
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 12:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
Jay5000:
@OP; My hunch is maybe there's a confession she needs to make.
I might be wrong but you never know...

Confession? My wife? No!

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Originalsly: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
You love your wife and all that.... but in a situation like this you need to put all those sentiments aside and look at the matter as an outsider... objectively. You are told and I guess it appears that your wife is having reoccurring nightmares. Do you KNOW if this is true? No you don't. If it is true... spiritual attacks ... then it has nothing to do with the house but everything to do with her. She has either done some "spiritual stuff" to achieve some objective and it has now rebounded.....or..... someone is now attacking her spiritually because of something she has done .... like sneaking with someone's husband while you are at work. You ...nor no pastor can help her spiritually if she cannot confess what she has done. I suggest you focus on getting her to confess if she has done any such thing. On the other hand .... you have moved 3times. Your wife may be a drama queen and is using this means to achieve her objective. Maybe she wants to live in a mansion.....each time you moved... was it to a higher level?....a bigger house?.....a better and more prestigious neighbourhood? If yes... then you can see the trend and if you move now within a few years she would create another drama.Did you notice how she held on dearly to the moving suggestion?....to move permanently? As she still insists.....tell her you accept....and that you have found a place...smaller and in a lower level neigbourhood... ... her nightmares would come to a sudden end.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by skentelelady(f): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
bisous:

this may not work because she psychologically has something against the house so mere not sleeping in that house will help her relax.....and not have nightmares

Spiritual attack dont have respect for places. Even if one goes to planet Mars, it will still follow one there. Which was why i said it might not be the house.

If she doesnt have nightmares in another place, it simply means there is something evil that has just been done in that house since the have been there for like 5 years.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by An0nimus: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
Fit2Rule:

Are you for real?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? / Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples / Something Really Urgent To Ponder On.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.