Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,470 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:58 PM

Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s (34523 Views)

Gadgetcare Zone Can Fix Your Gadgets/electronics In Ilorin / Philips Portable Docking Speaker / Get Specialized & Personal Help Buying Electronics In U.s.a And Pay In Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by sirr(m): 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
UnknownT:
GOD!!!! When did I become this dull? I have been looking at the picture and the statement but I can't get what made the statement hilarious!!!! cry cry cry . This is the 2nd time a 'hilarious' thread is making FP and I couldn't get the hilarious part of them. embarassed embarassed . I feel sad seeing people laughing about it while I haven't understood the funny aspect. I don over dull oh
Seriously, its not even close to funny!!! Its awkward cos the english Is perfect, guess not to their own understanding

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by LewisO: 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
Now! Alot of upgrades had been done! grin
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by gentlesJ(m): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
As a graduate of mass comm, we were taught in advertising class that correctness of grammar doesnt matter in advertising, the important an ad should do is to arrest ur attention, sustain it and 'lure' u to take postive action(in form of purchase and patronage of the advertised goods or service). I think that ad fulfil that. Please leave grammar alone and give more sales, that is what advertising preaches. In my estimation that ad is on point.
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by chukwumanj(m): 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jrush:
Bros where you get this ancient advert from. Hpe ur not older than dat advert

You would see that advert if you've watched Naij - The history of Nigeria. It's a documentary about Nigeria. You will find it on YouTube.
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by iukpe: 3:35am On Mar 01, 2015
I see a Volkswagen Passat. The only one that thinks like a Bugatti. grin

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by iukpe: 3:37am On Mar 01, 2015
gentlesJ:
As a graduate of mass comm, we were taught in advertising class that correctness of grammar doesnt matter in advertising, the important an ad should do is to arrest ur attention, sustain it and 'lure' u to take postive action(in form of purchase and patronage of the advertised goods or service). I think that ad fulfil that. Please leave grammar alone and give more sales, that is what advertising preaches. In my estimation that ad is on point.

I am loving it. - McDonalds
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by YabaLeftist: 6:10am On Mar 01, 2015
I see nothing wrong with the darn advert. I can bet my left as5 that not even one of the posters above me finds anything funny in this.
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 01, 2015
UnknownT:
GOD!!!! When did I become this dull? I have been looking at the picture and the statement but I can't get what made the statement hilarious!!!! cry cry cry . This is the 2nd time a 'hilarious' thread is making FP and I couldn't get the hilarious part of them. embarassed embarassed . I feel sad seeing people laughing about it while I haven't understood the funny aspect. I don over dull oh
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by logica(m): 8:01am On Mar 01, 2015
Dude, "think" here is simply a personification. It is rhetorical. Did you do English Literature? Simply replace "think" with "function" if you find it difficult to comprehend.
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by nwaanambra1(m): 8:42am On Mar 01, 2015
UnknownT:

very beautiful sarcasm! cool

and to think the op faulted the english really makes one sorry for our education system - whatever happened to metaphors and similes! grin undecided
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by nwaanambra1(m): 8:47am On Mar 01, 2015
Itulah:
I don't know when a TV set start thinking undecided

I WILL ADVICE YOU TO DELETE THIS YOUR TOPIC CAUSE YOU JUST MADE NUISANCE OF YOUR EDUCATION.

SAME GOES TO THE MOD THAT TOOK THE TOPIC TO FRONT PAGE - I WILL ADVICE YOU TO RETURN YOUR WAEC CERTIFICATE BACK TO WAEC! undecided

CAVEAT: THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN INSULT undecided

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by HyDef(m): 10:41am On Mar 01, 2015
I've read it over enough - in my head and out loud - to conclude that there is nothing wrong with the grammar in that ad.

If it's over the use of the word 'think', then that's just sad, cuz we know that's just a figure of speech.
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by AdeMoss: 11:02am On Mar 01, 2015
Colour TV sets were more expensive than monochrome. So Phillips came up with a TV with a bit of "colour" but was still monochrome to bridge the market.
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by LadyH(f): 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
Meringe:
Guys , there are a lot of gaps to be filled in Nigeria. Identify one gap and your generation story will change forever.

LG and Samsung identified this gap in Nigeria. Fuani and sims are richer now through the franchise. Who knows Philips now apart from the pressing iron?
they got the best (arguably) pressing iron though.
Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by Sanuzi(m): 6:10am On Mar 02, 2015
THAT WAS THEN

Re: Hilarious Advert By Philips Electronics In The 80s by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
undecided

I REMEMBER WHEN MY FATHER BOUGHT A BRAND NEW PHILLIPS TV IN 1983, THERE WAS THIS GIRL MY COUSIN BLEEPED BECAUSE OF THE COLOR TV undecided

Ever since i decided that i will never date a Nigerian girl.

Thank God I'm hating Nigerian girls now or i would have married a money hungry idioot

#team foreign girls cool

This TV was the coolest thing to happen den...

Do you know how many babes lost their virginity to Bold 5 den?

Buy iphone 7 for a babe now and see if she won't srew your brains out.

The same way we'll laugh at iPhone7 in the future.

Girls be it foreign/local are wired to screw for money...the price is what makes the difference.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We fix your faulty laptop at pocket-friendly prices in Lagos. / Laptop Chargers For Sale @ Reduced Price in Nigeria / FOLLOW COME AKG/ Iphone 6 Earpods with iPhone 6,Wireless Fast Chargers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.