Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Jackometer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jackometer (919 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jackometer by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 20, 2015
THIS IS how i make up for stopping my previous story on Nairaland [diary of a wimpy kid ].....i could not finish the story because my computer got spoilt..IT HAS been fixed and i will try as much as possible to make this story worth your while

Shout out to all the baddest writters on Nairaland....Guys like Divepen,Kinwayne, Thronekid and most importantly Therock555..

This story is what you want it to be i.e truelife or fictional..
Re: Jackometer by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 23, 2015
""Hey! stop! my money,dont let him get away o"".... All the shouts of 'Ijebu'
screaming after me did not slow me down.he was now shouting and his clamoring was drawing more attention and adding to the number of people chasing me.

I kept running without even looking back..'i must get my revenge on 'Ijebu' i said to myself.. ALL of a sudden, a motorbike pulled up beside me and the driver beckoned at me to hop in..I did not even think twice,, i jumped on the bike and it sped off.. i cast a quick glance at 'Ijebu' and noticed the look of disappointment written all over his face.

It had all began at the football viewing center, i had struck a deal with 'ijebu'.. our plan was to steal the laptop that was used to do some '9ja bet' stuff. Luckily for us, the mission was a sucess, i stole the laptop and gave it to Ijebu for safekeeping and so that he would sell it and we would share the proceeds..But Ijebu betrayed me, he sold the laptop for about 50k, he lied to me that he sold it for 20k, so he gave me 10k as my share,

i later found out from the guy he sold the laptop to, this did not sit well with me cos i hated the fact that he duped me.. I did not let him( ijebu) know that i had found out, i just kept flowing with him and waiting patiently for him to fall into my trap..

The chance came soon enough, Ijebu was somehow a guru in playing 9ja bet and BABA IJEBU. He played it one day and won like 15k, he was so overjoyed that he did not know when he gave me the cash for me to hold. This was my chance! without hesitating, i took the money and started running as fast as my thin legs could carry me. On noticing that he had been robbed, Ijebu ran after me like i was making away with his destiny. Thank God i was able to escape sha.-
Re: Jackometer by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
My name is Seyi, but peeps in my circle call me "JACKO-METER". 'Jack' in short. The name was given to me due to my ability to think fast and get out of any sticky scenario easily.

I live with my uncle, and his wife. I just finished secondary school in my town, so i decided to come and spend some time with my uncle in the city, pending the time of my admission.

They were already tired of my mischievious activities in the town so my parents did not hesitate to release me to my uncle. I dont blame them though, i did some really bad stuff during my secondary school days, I bleeped a lot of girls, Stole a lot, and did all other sorts of bad stuff.

My dad had threatened to kill me several times but my mom wouldnt let him.

The last straw that broke the camels back was when my friend Luku and i swindled a boy named Idowu. I bought a phone that they wrote 'Nokia' on top of it. The phone looked so much like an android phone, in fact it was an android version 4.0.

After buying the phone, i went to skul the next day and started bragging to my friends that i had bought a Nokia android phone,, i could see the look of jealousy written all over their faces

The real discovery came when i wanted to install some essential android apps like 'BBM', WHATSAPP,INSTAGRAM, 2GO, etc.

The phone was so whack to the extent that you cant play 'temple run' on it, talkless of using BBM, i was so angry to discover that i had bought a fake phone,

I was so embarrassed . all my guys started calling me 'mumu', 'suegbe'. I told them not to worry, that i would soon find a 'maga' to sell the phone to

The 'maga' came in the form of Idowu. He was a young boy that lived in our street. He was pretty young, lets say 14 years old. BUT he moved with older guys, this made him feel a little older than his age.

He saw me pressing my phone one day

Idowu: Jacko! , Jackie chan, jackometer. How you dey now?

MEsadit be like say this boy dey craze abi, does he think we are mates,?) I dey jare my guy,

Idowu: i like this your phone o, how much u wan sell am?

I thought he was joking because my phone was whack to the extent that all i could do on it was 2go, whatsapp and some other low end android games.

Me: bring 15k, ( i said jokingly)

Idowu: make we swap now

ME: wich phone u wan use swap?

I was surprised when Idowu brought out a clean samsung galaxy s3 phone.

ME: how much should i add to my phone?

Idowu: bring 2k

I could not believe my ears, this fool wanted to collect my fake chinko android and give me samsung galaxy s3

ME: oya now, i go give you money on friday.

Idowu: no problem nw, u sha sure say the phone no get problem?

ME: the phone no get single problem nw, phone wey say na london used.( i knew i was lying, the phone was the real definition of problem)

Idowu left my place in high spirits, to him, he had just struck a mouth watering deal with me, not knowing that he was jonzing..

I quickly called my friend LUKU, he was also a master planner like me, he told me not to worry, that i should go along with the deal, he said that if Idowu later found out that my phone was fake he(Luku) would claim ownership of the phone so Idowu would know that it was not my fault, perhaps this would make Idowu forget about it and find another maga to dupe with the phone,

I swapped phones with Idowu as planned, when he collected the phone, the battery was dead, so he could not test it again, i gave him 3k instead of the 2k agreed before, he left. As soon as he left, Luku and i quickly went and sold the samsung for 30k , i gave luku 3k for his stress and kept the remaining.

As, expected, Idowu came to my house the next day and started complaining that the phone i gave him was a fake phone and that it could not perform full android functions, I told him to go and root the phone,

Even after rooting the phone, it was still the same story, it later dawned on Idowu that he had entered 'one chance'....HE was so angry to the extent that he came to my house the next day, asking for his samsung. I laughed at him. I told idowu that i was not the owner of the phone, that Luku, was actually the owner of the fake chinko Android.

LUKU came out and threatened idowu to get out before we both descended on him, knowing that he was outnumbered, he left us but he warned us that he would have his revenge, Luku and I laughed him off.

Luku and i decided to go to a bar in our area to celebrate the sucess of our deal, as we were about crossing the road, the unexpected happened................

GBAM ! I heard a sound close to me,i also heard what sounded like bones cracking, the bones that had just cracked were that of my Friend, LUKU.

Apparently, Idowu could not withstand the fact that he had just been swindled so he decided to retaliate by hurting or if possible, kill me and Luku,

I saw a huge plank of wood on Idowu's hand, it dawned on me that Idowu had used the wood to hit Luku's hand. Luku on the other hand was wincing and groaning in pain. His arm looked broken.

I charged at Idowu and we started exchanging blows, i was already suffocating him with punches until some elderly people came and seperated us, Idowu left angrily and kept threatening to come back and kill both of us, I had to take Luku to a nearby clinic to treat his arm,

WE thought that was the last time we would see Idowu, we never knew our problems had just began,

AS Idowu was leaving the fight scene, he kept on shouting "My brother will kill the both of you"

If only we knew who his brother was,

OUR PROBLEMS HAD JUST KICKSTARTED
Re: Jackometer by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
abeg, let me have ur views
Re: Jackometer by Jessevictor(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2015
Takes VVIP seat,sips Don simon and shouts-U BE CORRECT!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nene Don Carry Belle (A Short Story) / Leke, University And I / Someone Should Help Me Out With The Book Waiting For An Angel By Helon Habila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.