Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body (1394 Views)

How I Contracted Hiv From A Strange Prostitute At Age 19 - A Nairalander / 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive / Parents Of The Boy Born With His Heart Outside The Body In Yobe. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by liveyourlife: 8:41am On Feb 20, 2015
There are some new inventions you see that you can't keep quiet from telling others. These scientists have found a Way to Block HIV from even entering the Body At All. So imagine drinking it every year to Prevent HIV. Read On ......

A new HIV-blocking compound may be the answer to the now 30-year search
for an AIDS vaccine.

Scientists, supported by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases USA , say they have discovered a new compound that produces proteins within the cell that look like normal antibodies, but have Y-shaped heads that act as blockers to the virus that causes AIDS.

HIV is covered in spikes that try to attach to two receptors within the body of a
cell. Antibodies can block one type of spike from HIV, but not the other. The new compound creates a protein known as eCD4-IG which blocks both binding spikes when the virus tries to attach itself to a cell within the body.

This new experimental compound proved to be very effective when tested on
monkeys, even on the most virulent strains of HIV. Four monkeys within the test were given the new compound and have so far been able to remain HIV free, despite repeated attempts to infect them throughout this last year

Scientists on the project believe this is a good indicator that they may have a a valid AIDS vaccine.

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/19/scientists-discover-a-new-way-to-block-h-i-v/

Journal of Nature: http://www.nature.com/articles/nature14264.epdf?referrer_access_token=MnAzYHkphXXs3DD0OLIhwNRgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0P-E3fZUuFIj-CUa0bLJcr_Vejh5vv16DCjVTYxwnoYDBkIFL968ADhyl25WtujZut0F2lJ5WSmYhihYsSx_Kca
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by simplemach(m): 8:44am On Feb 20, 2015
Good one. I even think this HIV of a thing has taken too long to get either a cure or a vaccine but i thank God for this verdict at last.
liveyourlife:
There are some new inventions you see that you can't keep quiet from telling others. These scientists have found a Way to Block HIV from even entering the Body At All. So imagine drinking it every year to Prevent HIV. Read On ......
A new HIV-blocking compound may be the answer to the now 30-year search
for an AIDS vaccine.
Scientists, supported by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious
Diseases , say they have discovered a new compound that produces proteins
within the cell that look like normal antibodies, but have Y-shaped heads that
act as blockers to the virus that causes AIDS.

HIV is covered in spikes that try to attach to two receptors within the body of a
cell. Antibodies can block one type of spike from HIV, but not the other. The
new compound creates a protein known as eCD4-IG which blocks both binding
spikes when the virus tries to attach itself to a cell within the body.
This new experimental compound proved to be very effective when tested on
monkeys, even on the most virulent strains of HIV. Four monkeys within the
test were given the new compound and have so far been able to remain HIV
free, despite repeated attempts to infect them throughout this last
year[b].
Scientists on the project believe this is a good indicator that they may
have a a valid AIDS vaccine.
[b][s]For those Source Huggers[/s]
: http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/19/scientists-discover-a-new-way-to-block-h-i-v/
Journal of Nature: http://www.nature.com/articles/nature14264.epdf?referrer_access_token=MnAzYHkphXXs3DD0OLIhwNRgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0P-E3fZUuFIj-CUa0bLJcr_Vejh5vv16DCjVTYxwnoYDBkIFL968ADhyl25WtujZut0F2lJ5WSmYhihYsSx_Kca
@font, do u think thats a good language to use, OP?
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by ernecy(m): 8:47am On Feb 20, 2015
Wow!!! That's some good news a vacine but over in Nigeria we have a man with the cure, who needs to be encouraged but instead our agency sabotage and delay his research for over 10years
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by Ezedon(m): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2015
Let them come down here use our local herbs to find the cure once and for all let us put our mind at rest
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by liveyourlife: 8:53am On Feb 20, 2015
simplemach:
Good one. I even think this HIV of a thing has taken too long to get either a cure or a vaccine but i thank God for this verdict at last.
@font, do u think thats a good language to use, OP?

Modified**** hahahah. But u know that some people here on NL like source pass the News Abi?
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by 3Cees: 8:57am On Feb 20, 2015
Good development. Inform me when there are testimonies from actual humans, with no side effects.
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by Adycherie(f): 9:00am On Feb 20, 2015
They should tell us the side effects of this compound as well?
HIV is better than Cancer ooo
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by simplemach(m): 9:03am On Feb 20, 2015
liveyourlife:

Modified**** hahahah. But u know that some people here on NL like source pass the News Abi?
but you know source authenticates news.
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by Kylekent59: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2015
D disease is a €urse.
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by emmyw(m): 9:30am On Feb 20, 2015
I love scientist,always looking for solution to problem,I will ever remain a scientist.
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by liveyourlife: 9:38am On Feb 20, 2015
simplemach:
but you know source authenticates news.

Yea I do. Thanks for pointing out the previous.
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 20, 2015
After so many people have been infected medicine after death

We ar busy trying to cure aids when we should be finding cure for the deadliest disease men has

.Women
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by liveyourlife: 9:41am On Feb 20, 2015
emmyw:
I love scientist,always looking for solution to problem,I will ever remain a scientist.

Good for u :-) :-) :-)
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by liveyourlife: 9:46am On Feb 20, 2015
oloyolo:
After so many people have been infected medicine after death

We ar busy trying to cure aids when we should be finding cure for the deadliest disease men has
.Women

U wan exterminate them?

Shebi na only u waka come? Oya waka commot!
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by channelz: 10:43am On Feb 20, 2015
emmyw:
Good. Be the solution to our problems to the glory of God.
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by liveyourlife: 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
channelz:
Good. Be the solution to our problems to the glory of God.

Maybe the next Abalaka?
Re: Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body by liveyourlife: 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
MeetIs1:

busted,!!**** Though Space Booker!

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander In Need Of Help / [PHOTO] Will You Eat This Type Of Chicken? / Man Gives Birth To Parasitic ‘twin’ With Growing Teeth An Hair: (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.