Stats: 3,149,878 members, 7,806,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics (12301 Views)

4 Things Worse Than Death / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / Is Church Marriage Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Babaneh(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
cos money go dey burekete for the person wey win....
10% no be shere shere
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by jay2pee(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
The reason is because the aim of most church leaders is money centred. That's y they can do anything of go to any extent to become d leaders and remain on dat position
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Blitz888(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
The day of the Lord is upon us... The time is nigh
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by ekkywolex(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
Money is involved
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
B4 i compare,...
WTF IS CHURCH POLITICS, SOM1 PLS?? undecided
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by kobonaire(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
Boyolity:
Strange but it shows the world is coming to an end
i thought that already happened in 2012??
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by jkendy(m): 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
Simply put, church politics is worst cos the presence of God Almighty has departed frm the church since the appointment of Ayo Orishi Orishi as a supposed representative of Christ in d church.

Wrong decision!!!!
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by newdeal(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
There is a world of difference between The Church (Body of Christ) and organized religion which is being passed off as 'church' by their greedy practitioners.

The real body of Christ is marching on and as the scripture says, ' the gates of hell' (politics, hatred, greed, backstabbing, etc) cannot prevail against the Church.

Always make sure you are a part of the body, doing the will of God wherever you find yourself.

Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Mikwus(f): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
#Gbam.................You finish talk here kpomkwem grin grin grin grin grin grin

3Cees:
There is no difference because the humans in Government politics are the same ones in the Church.

Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
People are just hungry for power, titles and whatever it is that they enjoy in politics. Some Christians have thrown godliness out the window and are playing politics even in Church, it is sickening.

In church today, you have people who lobby just to become deacons, coordinators or whatever. Some even stop coming to church if they are not with titles. Then you begin to wonder if titles put food on their tables or serves as the ticket to heaven.

And we wonder why our government is corrupt? Corruption, like a cankerworm, has eaten deep into people. May God help us all.

Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Mikwus(f): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
boynigeria:
There are a lot of hatered, envy and ungodliness going on in the church of God today. Everyone wants to lead and there is no love. the big question is why? where is the love of Christ? cause all we do now is judge one another

New International Version
For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

New Living Translation
For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin with God's household. And if judgment begins with us, what terrible fate awaits those who have never obeyed God's Good News?

English Standard Version
For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

New American Standard Bible
For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

King James Bible
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the time has come for judgment to begin with God's household, and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God?

International Standard Version
For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God. And if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who refuse to obey the gospel of God?

NET Bible
For it is time for judgment to begin, starting with the house of God. And if it starts with us, what will be the fate of those who are disobedient to the gospel of God?

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For it is time that the judgment will begin from the house of God; but if it begins from us, what is the end of those who are not convinced of The Good News of God?
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by calaway: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
boynigeria:
There are a lot of hatered, envy and ungodliness going on in the church of God today. Everyone wants to lead and there is no love. the big question is why? where is the love of Christ? cause all we do now is judge one another
HERE YOU ARE JUDGING, NOT JUST THE INDIVIDUALS YOU ACCUSE OF HARBORING ALL THE NEGATIVE ATTRIBUTES YOU ASCRIBE TO YOUR CHURCH BUT EXTENDING YOUR JUDGEMENT AND VERDICT TO ENTIRE CHURCH (BODY OF CHRIST).
PLEASE OGA ISOLATE YOURSELF AND YOUR IMMEDIATE CHURCH AS YOUR REFERENCE COS I AM SURE THAT OTHER CHRISTIANS AND THIER CHURCHES CANNOT BE YOKED WITH YOU. IT IS A DIFFERENT THING TO ENCOURAGE AND FOCUS FELLOW BELIEVERS IN THE THINGS OF GOD AND ANOTHER KETTLE OF FISH TO ACCUSE BELIEVERS OF HATRED,ENVY ETC. EVEN THE MUSLIMS WILL TELL YOUR TTHAT THEIR RELIGION IS A RELIGION OF PEACE WHILE THEIR BROTHER CHOPS OF YOU HEAD WITH A POCKET KNIFE AND A DOT LIKE YOU IS SCREAMING GENERALISED LIES AGAINST YOU OWN RELIGION I DOUBT IF YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTIAN.
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
boynigeria:

Anywhere human are, there will be politics, that is why God said judgement will start from within His house . . . cos God is aware of it all, as a child of God, just go there, do what you are called to do and look away.
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by jkendy(m): 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
greggng:
The answer to ur question is the reason I prefer to stay at home and worship God than to waste my time in church.
Come chop knuckle abeg
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by chincent: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
OP, don't you know that Politics started in heaven? When Lucifer connived with some Angels to overthrow God. As long as his agents are in the church, it will be hard to stop.
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by notoriousbabe: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
Love of money. Money,money,money
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Samunique(m): 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
sammyj:
Because any thing the clueless one touches must definitely go bad. Imagine PDP and this clueless administration inducing pastors (CAN) with 7 Billion Naira Bribe and you expect fair play in the church.

Vote wisely, Vote for CHANGE , God Bless Nigeria.
Is this topic also btw GEJ and GMB ? Check urself u are losing control and it's not good for ur mental health!
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Samunique(m): 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
sammyj:
Because any thing the clueless one touches must definitely go bad. Imagine PDP and this clueless administration inducing pastors (CAN) with 7 Billion Naira Bribe and you expect fair play in the church.

Is this topic also btw GEJ and GMB ? Check urself u are losing control and it's not good for ur mental health!
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by sammyj: 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
grin thanks bro. i am just feed up with GEJ. Noted
Samunique:

Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by asala1: 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
All na hustle.
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by ajayiopy: 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
This is end-time thing and it must happen because scripture can never be broken.it is left to you to guide your salvation with all seriousness. God can not lie. Every one will know the truth on the last day
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by akpumping7720(m): 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
Simply because 'the Church has entered into the World and the World has entered into the Church'
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Let me tell you a story not related to this but how the church has been bastardised.

My and Uncle and his friends started a church. My Uncle the Managing director and his friend the CEO. As usual "business" was moving after six years of brain washing members. Lo and behold, a beautiful girl joined the church and became a choir member. The ceo wanted her so do my uncle, that was what lead to the dissolution of the "partnership" plus my uncle and his paymaster were chronic flirt.

The politics played in church there days, is dangerous for the christaindom especially when you donate more to the work of God, you get more mention, recognition and praises from the pastor.

Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Nimen(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
Like someone said... It boils down to money, while a church is small and growing (lets say tithe and offering na 6k every sunday, and na mama put sellers dey cchurch), you may not see wildspread corruption, but as the church grows ( lets say tithe 700k every sunday and bankers men of timbre and callibre joins) then everybody will forget the real reason why they're there, most times even the Pman gets carried away too....

So yeah, every where there's money, there's corruption
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by focus7: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
We are political being, everywhere you see people there is bound to be politics, and the human beings in the church are the same as in government. The factors are responsible which are; interest and sentiment.
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Revolva(m): 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
boynigeria:

This is to tell you that religion is s sham.....ok. Church is Big business a very lucrative one....where mugus pay tithes and pastore dey live large...
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by holysainbj(m): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
3Cees:
There is no difference because the humans in Government politics are the same ones in the Church.
I could neva hav agreed beta...

Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by Samunique(m): 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
sammyj:
grin thanks bro. i am just feed up with GEJ. Noted
grin funny guy !
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by chilltoo(m): 6:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Church politics in Nigeria today will eventually be bad because all of us so called children of God have erred,we have forgotten what our "called" is,I know not where all this men of God got their doctrine from,Christ rebuked riches and made it clear to us that 'its easy for a Carmel to pass through the eye of a needle than the rich man to enter into the kingdom of God,but they choose to quote that the Christians shall possess the wealth of the gentiles,what a shame,where is that Christian that can touch a sick man and healed him instantly like those the apostles in the bible,we have forgotten that the love of money is the root of evil,I am a Christian and am dissapointed in our attitudes,Christ teaching is all about choosing between mammon and God
Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by joywendy(f): 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
Oildichotomy:
Comparing the two is like comparing the Sun and Moon.
The Nigerian church is one of the very few things RIGHT about Nigeria- Hate it or love it

No matter how hard people from the other side of the divide try to polarise the church - The relative PEACE prevalent in the church is why Nigeria is still together as one nation
And trust me, I can pay anything to have such peace and manage the politics involved

@bold please let be frank with ourselves which PEACE are you talking of? if there is relative peace like you say why the different denominations? why the hatred between people of different denominations? why the different doctrines?
peace in the church ko peace in the church ni angry

A house that is divided against itself cannot stand. A house that is divided has no peace. The same thing with the country Nigeria, we are divided as a country. Tribalism, ethnic rivalry, bomb blasts here and there etc and you are saying we are one nation?

please wake up and face reality undecided

Re: Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics by OLUJAY4REAL: 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
sammyj:

Where is your fact? He that despises others shall heavily be despised! I don't think you know the meaning of this "clueless" . Must you always use it? SMH.

Preparing The Saints For The End Times Tribulation / Grieve Not The Holy Spirit / The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!!