Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant (24097 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Eritrean Immigrant Emerges From A Suitcase In Switzerland (Photos) / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by ducii: 8:58am On Feb 20, 2015

For 21-year-old Musa Isa, who is from the Niger Republic, his major mission to Kwara State, Nigeria was to work and get money to feed himself and later marry.

Isa was one of the 120 illegal immigrants arrested and paraded by the Nigeria Immigration Service, Kwara State Command, on Thursday for not having valid documents.

He said he had stayed in Kwara State for about 10 years without documents and without arrest until Wednesday when he was nabbed by immigration officials.

Isa also said he had been doing menial job, offloading cement in Ilorin for about 10 years.

“The immigration men caught me and brought me here. They caught me because I am from Niger. I do not have my travel documents. I have been here for about 10 years. I have all my people with me.

“I offload cement bags as a labourer. I stay at Lajorin, Muritala. I want to come back to Nigeria. I will prepare my paper. I love Kwara State because I see food to eat, but in my place we do not have much food to eat. I am also looking for money to marry.”

Another illegal Immigrant, Mumuni Hassan, said he was from the Niger Republic but came to Offa, Kwara State, about two weeks ago to work as a cobbler. He also said that he found Offa more lucrative for his work than his country.

Hassan said, “I came here about two weeks ago. I will come back to Nigeria. I will prepare my documents.”

The Public Relations Officer, NIS, Kwara State Command, Mr. Adesola Adeyemi, said the 120 illegal immigrants were arrested during the command’s periodic mop-up exercise.

He stated that 97 of the immigrants were from the Niger Republic while 23 were from the Republic of Benin. He said officials of the command also intercepted a truck with registration number, KATSINA XA 621 KAT, that was loaded with 46 passengers in Ilorin on the suspicion that the passengers were from the Niger Republic.

According to him, after investigation, it was confirmed that the travellers were from the Niger Republic.

He said it was not established that the immigrants were to be involved in electoral malpractices.

“We could not find anything on them that showed that they came for election, but we should move to make sure that we nip any security threat in the bud.”

Adeyemi said the illegal immigrants were ECOWAS citizens, but were to be repatriated to their countries because they did not have travel documents.

He advised them to go through the laid down procedure and get their documents if they genuinely wanted to return and work in Nigeria.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/i-came-to-nigeria-to-eat-marry-illegal-immigrant/

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by ibkgab001: 9:16am On Feb 20, 2015
Leave these immigrants alone ... So there is another country hotter than Nigeria #Godsaves

Modified FTC for the 5th time today

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by 3Cees: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2015
God help us all in this life o.

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 20, 2015
Coming to Nigeria for greener pastures....... wink

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 20, 2015
See people coming for respite. Well, if you want to stay, get yourself processesed; so that you don't add to our already daunting security challenges

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Funjosh(m): 11:18am On Feb 20, 2015
Watch it, soon Other countries will be deporting Nigerians in their coubtries.

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by ducii: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Funjosh:
Watch it, soon Other countries will be deporting Nigerians in their coubtries.

You dey sick

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Funjosh(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
ducii:

You dey sick

SLAP! undecided

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Walspring: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
Is not only we Nigerians migrate illegally to other countries to search for job, work,get money and also marry over there..

Man must survive

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by dharyour93(m): 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
ducii:

For 21-year-old Musa Isa, who is from the Niger Republic, his major mission to Kwara State, Nigeria was to work and get money to feed himself and later marry.

Isa was one of the 120 illegal immigrants arrested and paraded by the Nigeria Immigration Service, Kwara State Command, on Thursday for not having valid documents.

He said he had stayed in Kwara State for about 10 years without documents and without arrest until Wednesday when he was nabbed by immigration officials.

Isa also said he had been doing menial job, offloading cement in Ilorin for about 10 years.

“The immigration men caught me and brought me here. They caught me because I am from Niger. I do not have my travel documents. I have been here for about 10 years. I have all my people with me.

“I offload cement bags as a labourer. I stay at Lajorin, Muritala. I want to come back to Nigeria. I will prepare my paper. I love Kwara State because I see food to eat, but in my place we do not have much food to eat. I am also looking for money to marry.”

Another illegal Immigrant, Mumuni Hassan, said he was from the Niger Republic but came to Offa, Kwara State, about two weeks ago to work as a cobbler. He also said that he found Offa more lucrative for his work than his country.

Hassan said, “I came here about two weeks ago. I will come back to Nigeria. I will prepare my documents.”

The Public Relations Officer, NIS, Kwara State Command, Mr. Adesola Adeyemi, said the 120 illegal immigrants were arrested during the command’s periodic mop-up exercise.

He stated that 97 of the immigrants were from the Niger Republic while 23 were from the Republic of Benin. He said officials of the command also intercepted a truck with registration number, KATSINA XA 621 KAT, that was loaded with 46 passengers in Ilorin on the suspicion that the passengers were from the Niger Republic.

According to him, after investigation, it was confirmed that the travellers were from the Niger Republic.

He said it was not established that the immigrants were to be involved in electoral malpractices.

“We could not find anything on them that showed that they came for election, but we should move to make sure that we nip any security threat in the bud.”

Adeyemi said the illegal immigrants were ECOWAS citizens, but were to be repatriated to their countries because they did not have travel documents.

He advised them to go through the laid down procedure and get their documents if they genuinely wanted to return and work in Nigeria.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/i-came-to-nigeria-to-eat-marry-illegal-immigrant/

That's what we get due to our porous borders

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by klem93(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Why don't you leave the innocent and poor Musa alone see his reason are good and pathetic enough for him to be left alone jare...
Admission Now Open To Osmania University India If your are interested you can contact me on preachie_me@yahoo.com, preachtimmy@gmail.com or fb Aribisala Timmy Skype: Preachie_me1 or whatsapp+918143856768

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Nutase: 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
marry who and eat what? our food and chicks never do us na im foreigner wan come parasite. angry

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by fflamingo(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Where are these nairaland babes wey need horseband

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
So unfortunate cry
Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by remmat(f): 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
so naija too dey deport...lol

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by LewisO: 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ok, u are welcome! undecided
Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
ibkgab001:
Leave these immigrants alone ... So there is another country hotter than Nigeria #Godsaves

On the poverty scale....Niger is worse than Nigeria.

I once heard from a friend of mine about a Nigerien maiguard...who was earning less than N10000(this was ten years ago)...and still managing to send kudi to his family back home every month.

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Daniel058(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Na wa o . So I fit arrest one Cameroonian wey bin dey this area before them born me.. MBA!!!!!!! I NO TRY AM....

https://www.nairaland.com/2148620/there-no-legal-way-child#30930341

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Quote1: 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2015

Alhamdulillah Khazheerah

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by hertheytheydgee(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Chai! We are in trouble o, food wey neva reach us for naija, wife wey we sef neva marry, Mr. Jona, hope you can hear them? Where are our immigration officers? There is God o! Chai,
COME CHANGE! COME BUHARI

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by mercielizzie(f): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hehehehehehehehe
Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by konny1(m): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Quote1:

Niger is a desert country....and it does not have many resources. Except uranium.

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by skentelelady(f): 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
Illegal immigrants are now big issues in Kwara State undecided

What aboout those in Borno?

They should leave those guys alone since they dont pose any threats to the citizens

They are now forming deportation of illegal immigrants in Kwara cheesy when they will be the one collecting N200-300 from illegal immigrants from neighbouring countries now undecided

God will help us

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by datguru: 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
hertheytheydgee:
Chai! We are in trouble o, food wey neva reach us for naija, wife wey we sef neva marry, Mr. Jona, hope you can hear them? Where are our immigration officers? There is God o! Chai,
COME CHANGE! COME BUHARI

Slowpoke, who in the history of Nigeria has boosted agriculture like GEJ?

How much did you buy a bag of rice last december? Compare to other years

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by alaoeri: 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
As Nigerians are running to Europe & US in search of greeners pasture, some are actually coming to Nigeria for same, what a life.

Re: I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant by englishmart(m): 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
when did nigeria start noticing illegal immigrants? shocked
How come Koffi and Asamoah have been here for over 10 yrs?
Their papers no dey expire?

Update from the Lagos-Kano Standard Gauge Rail - Photos / Uk Visa Bank Statement Wahala! In Need Help / Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant