Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope (34067 Views)

Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work / No Sex In Relationship? How Do You Cope? / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 20, 2015
Being an introvert doesn't mean you are shy. An introvert is simply someone who is energized by being alone. Unlike an extrovert who draws energy by being around people and around stimulating environments, an introvert is drained by such environments. An introvert doesn't have the natural drive to partake in events and social gathering and functions and if he our she engages in them, he or she would need a lot of time alone to get back the energy lost.

The current Nigerian society has been wired to favor the extroverts. Our social, economic, cultural and political society structures has been constructed in a way that makes one wonder if we are really living in an extrovert's world

When it comes to relationships, introverts are hugely misunderstood especially when its an introvert/extrovert relationship.
For example an introvert may choose to spend more time with himself/herself not because he or she doesn't want to spend time with the partner, but because naturally he or she prefers to spend reasonable amount of time with himself /herself

Also an introvert may not be as outgoing and may not like to attend parties and social functions with the partner and this could dent the growth of the relationship

So my question to all introverts out there In a relationship. How do you cope?
Also if you are in a relationship with an introvert, how do you cope?

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 20, 2015
Relationship wise- i'm so boring and am too shy for my liking and maybe that's why i've not had a lasting relationship.

Social life- i'm lively among my friends who knows me fully well.

To conclude it- ORIGIN turns me into an extrovert grin

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by CHM11: 11:24am On Feb 20, 2015
Not totally true, I'm an extrovert who loves introverted ladies.
We will get along very well so far she is not 'rude'.....that's the only thing hat scares me away from some self acclaimed introverts. They tend to gather up all their hae and explode occasionally in the face of the person closest to their heart (in this case the partner)

All in all,....for a relationship to work there must be some degree of compromise.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by sinaj(f): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2015
m an introvert nd de always mistake me mostly for a snub...itz not bin easy in reltnshp either coz most piple bliv introverts r lovers of demselves nd find it difficult to fall in love since we are always cold nd shy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 20, 2015
Don't make a hill out of a mole.
Relationships with introverts isn't complicated at all.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 20, 2015
CHM11:
Not totally true, I'm an extrovert who loves introverted ladies.
We will get along very well so far she is not 'rude'.....that's the only thing hat scares me away from some self acclaimed introverts. They tend to gather up all their hae and explode occasionally in the face of the person closest to their heart (in this case the partner)

All in all,....for a relationship to work there must be some degree of compromise.
It takes matured minds like you to date introverted ladies. Tho being an introvert makes me reserved buh I'm too boring esp wen it comes to meeting a guy for d first time.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by CHM11: 11:44am On Feb 20, 2015
lagmostkuit:
It takes matured minds like you to date introverted ladies. Tho being an introvert makes me reserved buh I'm too boring esp wen it comes to meeting a guy for d first time.
An extroverted guy who really has a thing for you will cope with the boredom until you become freer with him (when you know him much better)

Like you said earlier, Orijin will do the trick, lol!!!
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by CHM11: 11:47am On Feb 20, 2015
sinaj:
m an introvert nd de always mistake me mostly for a snub...itz not bin easy in reltnshp either coz most piple bliv introverts r lovers of demselves nd find it difficult to fall in love since we are always cold nd shy
If your personal text is truly all you need, then your own case is strong!!!
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Fkhalifa(m): 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
with time i ill turn an extrovert to my lover,to the extent of she contering anyone arguing that am an introvert.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by sinaj(f): 12:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
CHM11:

If your personal text is truly all you need, then your own case is strong!!!
r u serios
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Rexhenrex(m): 12:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
its simple i am more of an introvert it depends on the level of tolerance and understanding of ur patner if u understand him/her well u will develop ways to loosen them up and by that u make them open to you am getting over it now.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Movesz(m): 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Relationship wise- i'm so boring and am too shy for my liking and maybe that's why i've not had a lasting relationship.

tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Movesz(m): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
Romanceland psychology class 101

2 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Percentile: 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Movesz:
Romanceland psychology class 101

Lol
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Bootybuttchic(f): 1:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
Brb....when it hits a lalasticlala wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
CHM11:

An extroverted guy who really has a thing for you will cope with the boredom until you become freer with him (when you know him much better)

Like you said earlier, Orijin will do the trick, lol!!!
cheesy
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
Brb....when it hits a lalasticlala wink
undecided
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by SassyVixen(f): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Honey is there anything like an ''Extroverted Introvert''? because i happen to fall into that category,i haven't had a relationship in years but my few friends tell me i am too much 'fun' not to be in one. Funny thing is i rarely go out and i am still waiting for a cute Tarzan to swing down my door and claim me undecided Sad sad

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Raymysterio(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Up Orijin... The best there is... Well, am a special breed, A MIXTROVERT. I can be either of the 2 divide... Thats why I can cope with anyone.

1 Like

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by CHM11: 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
sinaj:
r u serios
Oh yeah
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
sinaj:

That's true
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by joywendy(f): 11:49am On Feb 21, 2015
following....
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Dramadiddy(m): 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
My dear, if you have an understanding bf/gf.. You won't even remember you're an introvert.. My ex and present gf understand me really well.. Even my silence.. So it's understanding

2 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Vock(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
I'm an introvert and I've never been in a relationship before, I'm a virgin too
So I can't contribute to what you're talking about

5 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by popcykaylah(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
can't do them
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by condralbede(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
grab my pop corn n alomo...keep observing

1 Like

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by point5: 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hhhhmmm long story...I wll comment leta...
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Maczeelly(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
#teamextrovertandintovertdependingontheenvironmentifindmyself

N
E
X
T

1 Like

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by ichidodo: 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
How to cope with an introvert 101..."Give them their space"...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by DrPrickson: 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Am also what u call introvert. Yeah its hard at times. But when I meet someone I really really like I am forced to transform. Its not an advantage in a relationship if u two really love each other.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ehn.... I don't think this post apply to me.
I'm an ambivert and could metamorphose to either ways(Extrovert and Introvert) when there's need for it.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by englishmart(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
we don't cope... We manage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Rejects Guy Because He Wanted To Take Her On A Date With 'Kabu Kabu' / After Promising Marriage, Lady Gets Her Boyfriend Beaten For Trying To Dump Her / This Village Pre-wedding Photoshoot Is So Unique And Imaginative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.