Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope (34087 Views)

Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work / No Sex In Relationship? How Do You Cope? / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by purityval(m): 12:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
Well well, relationship with an introvert doesn't suck like many people think, it depends on the closeness, understanding nd friendship btwn the two (he nd she). My gurl is an introvert outside, buh when shez with me alone, shez more than an extrovert.

I think everyone hv got both d intovert nd extrovert gene, it just depends on which dah dominates the other. So nobody is overtly an introvert or extrovert bcuz when in a strange and new environment, an extrovert tends to b an introvert till he/she adapts. So also wit an introvert who turns an extrovert in the mist of vry close friends.

OP hope am still in line as regards ur question?

5 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by ObiOkpor(m): 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
seunadeolu:
SPARTAN: what is your profession...awool, awool, awool grin
I will only answer her that question. cheesy
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by DesChyko: 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
Guess it all depends on how well you reveal yourself to your partner before walking the walk. If you've had to make adjustments you're not comfy with, you may end up having issues while you have to revert to your normal self.
So, just get ready to 'change' yourself sometimes to suit your partner. I don't have to be on top always and neither does she.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
Vock:
I'm an introvert and I've never been in a relationship before, I'm a virgin too
So I can't contribute to what you're talking about
shiiiii
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by spacefreak: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
mmsen:

Please read it again.

It wasn't that complicated.

Oh, sorry. Just skimmed through it earlier. Apologies.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Movesz(m): 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
EasyBundles:

Man pls how do u change d font colour of ur signature to blue?

blue

red

Copy and paste (delete the word blue/red) put what ever you want to replace it with there..
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Tallesty1(m): 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
sinaj:
m an introvert nd de always mistake me mostly for a snub...itz not bin easy in reltnshp either coz most piple bliv introverts r lovers of demselves nd find it difficult to fall in love since we are always cold nd shy
@Emboldened, it is not true. Introverts are not shy people. I am an introvert and I am neither cold nor shy.
sinaj:
lol nd I guess u r alzo social...congrats den, coz u not an introvert...
Funny, The only thing you know about me is my Nairaland Username so I wonder how you could tell that I am not an introvert.

Listen, You are confussing introvertion with shyness, the two are different. We have shy extroverts thou, same way we have shy introverts but that doesn't mean that all introverts are shy.

Being shy is completely different from being an intro. It has more to do with fear. Just dunno why introverts are being perceived as shy people. I'm one of the few with an introverted personality and I am not shy. Fact is I see no fun in what extros consider fun and being in group of people drains my energy. That is why if I cannot leave when I want, then I will not go at all(Yea, I am that guy at a party who is always asking his friends when they are going home). I don't feel the need to be in a group of people. In fact, being alone is something that brings me happiness and a sense of calmness. social interaction emotionally and physically exhausts me. You can't see quite clear that I am an introvert BUT that is not fear or shyness.

Now see the difference: An introvert do not want, a shy person wants but cannot ask because of fear of rejection and embarrassment.

While an introvert chooses to stay away from groups, or party, a shy person will think he has no choice but to stay at home(thou he wishes he could go out).

Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by midasbliss(f): 12:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Im An Introvert, And It's Kinda Annoying When People Dnt Understand Me.
I'd Love To Be In A Relationship But No One Seem To Understand Me.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hmm...here in france i dnt tink it works
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by CzarChris(m): 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
Well I'm a hard-core introvert, I've dated a lot of ladies, but my current girl is also an introvert and I'm in the most loving relationship I've ever dreamt of kiss kiss kiss probably cos we understand ourselves so much that by just looking ourselves in the eyes the other party knows what the other is thinking about.
My conclusion? It just takes getting the person that understands you, introvert or not.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by tomzman: 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
SassyVixen:
Honey is there anything like an ''Extroverted Introvert''? because i happen to fall into that category,i haven't had a relationship in years but my few friends tell me i am too much 'fun' not to be in one. Funny thing is i rarely go out and i am still waiting for a cute Tarzan to swing down my door and claim me undecided Sad sad
Hmmn.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by sparkleRed(f): 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Relationship wise- i'm so boring and am too shy for my liking and maybe that's why i've not had a lasting relationship.

Social life- i'm lively among my friends who knows me fully well.

To conclude it- ORIJIN turns me into an extrovert grin
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by tomzman: 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
Introverts are very interesting to be with once a person breaks that shell. I would like to borrow vixen's term of 'extroverted introvert' to describe myself. I am not the outgoing type but when I'm with friends especially females, we just keep 'rolling' and they find it difficult to say goodbye. undecided
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nicklaus(m): 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
SassyVixen:
Honey is there anything like an ''Extroverted Introvert''? because i happen to fall into that category,i haven't had a relationship in years but my few friends tell me i am too much 'fun' not to be in one. Funny thing is i rarely go out and i am still waiting for a cute Tarzan to swing down my door and claim me undecided Sad sad
I know where to take you, follow me back. wink
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by caesaraba(m): 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
lordthree:
im an introvert its so bad that i get bored at parties when everyone is seriously dancing im just sitting down drinking.. im free with close friends make them laugh and all but i prefer being alone like the best times are times spent alone.. with relationships it has affected me cause i feel like its a lot of work spending time with someone else but konji na bastard and because of konjiness a man has to go into social relations like the true social animal he is

Take handshake. Welcome to the club. You hear stuff like, "When we first met, I been see you like person wey dy form too much, never knew you were this free." ...then your small circle of friends can hardly do without you cos they've succeeded in breaking the ice and now see what a witty, interesting fellow you are.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
SassyVixen:

Meet me up??
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
The best thing is to go for your kind. In an introvert/extrovert relationship, no matter how long you try to cope with each other, someday the story will change. LOOK FOR YOUR KIND
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by bareal(m): 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
sinaj:
m an introvert nd de always mistake me mostly for a snub...itz not bin easy in reltnshp either coz most piple bliv introverts r lovers of demselves nd find it difficult to fall in love since we are always cold nd shy

You? I would say maybe u are shy because being an introvert doesn't make one shy, they are two different concepts...and with my interaction with u, u have been very far from COLD.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
midasbliss:
Im An Introvert, And It's Kinda Annoying When People Dnt Understand Me.
I'd Love To Be In A Relationship But No One Seem To Understand Me.

Can we get 2 meet?
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by izzychap: 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
In a culture where being social and outgoing are prized above all else, it can be difficult, even shameful, to be an introvert.

But, as Susan Cain argues in this passionate talk, introverts bring extraordinary talents and abilities to the world, and should be encouraged and celebrated. Watch her amazing talk on the "Power of Introverts" Ted talk (http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts?language=en) or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
more like me. lol
lagmostkuit:
Relationship wise- i'm so boring and am too shy for my liking and maybe that's why i've not had a lasting relationship.

To conclude it- ORIGIN turns me into an extrovert grin
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by picked(m): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
Introvert in a relationship and extrovert socially.
What does that make me?
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by irunobo3(f): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
missclassy:
Being an introvert doesn't mean you are shy. An introvert is simply someone who is energized by being alone. Unlike an extrovert who draws energy by being around people and around stimulating environments, an introvert is drained by such environments. An introvert doesn't have the natural drive to partake in events and social gathering and functions and if he our she engages in them, he or she would need a lot of time alone to get back the energy lost.

The current Nigerian society has been wired to favor the extroverts. Our social, economic, cultural and political society structures has been constructed in a way that makes one wonder if we are really living in an extrovert's world

When it comes to relationships, introverts are hugely misunderstood especially when its an introvert/extrovert relationship.
For example an introvert may choose to spend more time with himself/herself not because he or she doesn't want to spend time with the partner, but because naturally he or she prefers to spend reasonable amount of time with himself /herself

Also an introvert may not be as outgoing and may not like to attend parties and social functions with the partner and this could dent the growth of the relationship

So my question to all introverts out there In a relationship. How do you cope?
Also if you are in a relationship with an introvert, how do you cope?

Hello
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nicklaus(m): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
Meaning, am an introvert. Well how do I cope I cope by caring about what other people require of me, if they need me to be bold I go bold, if they need me to talk I talk. If they want me to go to party I go. That's not hard at all. As a matter of fact I think there are more introvert than extrovert.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
oloyolo:

I love this lady

Orijin makes me an extrovert
Am a vigor
But weed changes my zodiac sign grin
Lol
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by irunobo3(f): 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
lagmostkuit:

To conclude it- ORIGIN turns me into an extrovert grin

So you have never had a reasonable relationship and u dare raise your yeye face at me All men have been chopping and dropping you. No wonder you look like a 50yr old. No sense, no brain, no beauty. Smh
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by midasbliss(f): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
engees001:

Can we get 2 meet?
Lol.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by lordthree(m): 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
caesaraba:

Take handshake. Welcome to the club. You hear stuff like, "When we first met, I been see you like person wey dy form too much, never knew you were this free." ...then your small circle of friends can hardly do without you cos they've succeeded in breaking the ice and now see what a witty, interesting fellow you are.
Exactly bruh a couple of people have told me that
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by kelvinnn(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
[sup][/sup]
lagmostkuit:
It takes matured minds like you to date introverted ladies. Tho being an introvert makes me reserved buh I'm too boring esp wen it comes to meeting a guy for d first time.
Na wetin me like gan gan.....be that.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:

So you have never had a reasonable relationship and u dare raise your yeye face at me All men have been chopping and dropping you. No wonder you look like a 50yr old. No sense, no brain, no beauty. Smh
Raise my face @ you? Pls are u okay?
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by dokunbam(m): 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
Well... I just embrace loneliness.

Try to be more creative in what. Lots of idea always come to my mind.

My animations, games, phones, laptop,books,bible are my companions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Beautiful Prewedding Pictures Of Dozie and Chioma / Lady Rejects Guy Because He Wanted To Take Her On A Date With 'Kabu Kabu' / Chubby Ladies On Nairaland,pls Share Your Love Life Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.