Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water (52960 Views)

Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] / Lassa Fever: Don’t Drink Garri With Cold Water – NMA Chairman / Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by ichommy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
nawtikid:
I don catch amI don catch dem

grin Busted
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by LewisO: 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
There is no time young people like us won't take Cold-water, but excess of it is a problem!
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
even in this our hot blazing sun?
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
I can't imagine how it will be if people drink beer at normal body temperature.
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by sulmeza(m): 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Humans sa...mst pple stil maintain dy cnt do witout it...despites its supposed -ve effects on d body...i smh 4 u all....arrogance's rili a disease..

Nice1 op...will try reduce ma level of intake
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by talktofemi: 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Does whether you drink or don't drink cold water add a lot to the years you will spend on earth?

To me the study is bullshit. Maybe it is not for our clime where the body is even extremely hot that you need to bring down the temperature!

So far, I have never heard that drinking cold water kills.
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by AJ01(m): 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
derespect:
I bet, most people will not read dz finish.
grin guilty
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by vinzzy: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
I can't do without it!
#IHAVEDECIDED
#March4Buhari
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Knighttemplar(m): 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
So those in siberia are super humans abi Mtchewww
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Kx: 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
"Akinsanya says that normal body temperature of the body is between 34 and 37 oC while that of cold water is usually between zero and two degrees Celsius and this sudden change in temperature levels, which usually happens when we drink cold water, shocks the body, leading to chronic diseases in those who drink it over time"

Sometimes science makes one wonder.
The scenario above happens when we take chilled water under hot weather condition but does not seem to happen when we take hot water and tea in winter cold alaskan weather condition abi?
Abegi!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by zoogy2007: 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
@ op, I do not believe anything you wrote. Your body is constantly generating heat as a result of your body metabolism and will warm up any quantity of water you are able to swallow at any time (of course you cant swallow a bucket of water at once). It is simple physics and it is called the Zeroth law.
If one feels comfortable drinking it, let him go ahead. I have heard so many stories about cold water. Some have even said it causes arthritis.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by azeezya2007: 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
So the courses of my freezing legs every now and then was as a result of cold water I m give it a quite
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Missy89(f): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
I drink cold water even during the winter. It can be addictive
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by 50calibre(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lol there are loads of medical advice out there, many of which are erroneous. How much research & observation has gone into this?

We hear these sort of things all the time, one minute they say fat is not good for you, the next, they say it is.. Which are we to follow?

They fact is, if you choose to heed lots of these advices, you're going to live a very stressful & paranoid life.

I drink cold water all day, in summer or winter as a matter of fact, tap water is cold water. The human body is engineered to regulate itself based on both internal & external factors, thereby ensuring there's a constant state of metabolic equilibrium (this is called homeostasis)

So I trust my body to take care of itself, if the water I ingest is too cold, then warm it!!

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Rilwayne001: 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nutase:
scientific nonsense. ...i am sipping very chilled water now......make dem call police for me.

grin grin black man mentality.

Your body is the police wey go catch you.
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Mubbyleey(m): 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
[quote author=adonisNEW post=30918056][/quote] Too long... Summary would be much better.
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by just2simple: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
cheesy grin what abt taking a dead cold beer and soyo on a hot day cheesy grin
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nigerians. please stop becoming victims of herbal, trado-medical practitioners who know practically zero about medicine or nutrition. Their science is never exact and when asked to put it up for rigorous testing and observation, these psuedo-pill dispensers vanish into thin air.

Brain-Freeze is only normal, you should not drink frozen drinks too fast and due to the sensitive nature of the upper palate of your mouth (see explanation in the link below) http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/244458.php

Please let us see any medical citations this so-called doctor has published - has she performed any conditioned tests to verify her claims? This is how quacks put loud-speakers on their otueke bus and sell snake-oil cure for every dangerous medical condition for N200. When will my people stop being dunder-heads and start using their brains. This woman is an illiterate quack whose medical credentials do not go beyond Eastern, traditional medicine.. angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by dekins: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nice one
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by loomer: 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
i no kuku get fridge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by jevic(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nice info.
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by okonelfg(m): 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
i hv learnt many about the effect of cold water but in the country especially west africa many cant do without cold water....am too use to it....n tooo i hv not heard anyone dies becos of cold water it scarce
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by danielgod(m): 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
Water at 0-4 c is not just cold but ice. On average I think 15-20c won't do any harm.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Desmog21(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
I don't really think it's all true though.. for instance, what of people living in Europe and other part of the continent where the country is very cold..sometimes the temperature goes low to -19 to -25 during the winter.
What will you say about that sad

I have survived -20°c this winter, it's just fun
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by danielgod(m): 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
voltron:
Nigeriasn. please stop becoming victims of herbal, trado-medical practitioners who know practically zero about medicine or nutrition. Their science is never exact and when asked to put it up for rigorous testing and observation, these psuedo-pill dispensers vanish into thin air.

Brain-Freeze is only normal, you should not drink frozen drinks too fast and due to the sensitive nature of the upper palate of your mouth (see explanation in the link below) http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/244458.php

Please let us see any medical citations this so-called doctor has published - has she performed any conditioned tests to verify her claims? This is how quacks put loud-speakers on their otueke bus and sell snake-oil cure for every dangerous medical condition for N200. When will my people stop being dunder-heads and start using their brains. This woman is an illiterate quack whose medical credentials do not go beyond Eastern, traditional medicine.. angry angry

I agree with you
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Jobietrice: 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
grin
Inioluwa01:
I'm waiting for the research that will debunk this...in d meantime, i'll drink chilled water non-stop! grin
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by ceejay80s(m): 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
I swear, nothing sweet pass chilled water
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by Lawalemi(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
All these info, as if we won't die eventually

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by SAMBARRY: 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bet i like cold water after a nice lunch like this na

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
ok ok, no more cold water for me..I'll just be swallowing ice cubes. The sun in the north never nack dis doctor yet.
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water by pweetixandy: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lies..when u take cold water,u even burn about 17 calories cos the body heats up to regulate the temperature of the water. Have u noticed what happens when u put water in a hot environment? The water temp quickly turns to room temperature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jilted Lover Commits Suicide In Kano By Stabbing Himself To Death / This Ambulance Drone Is Designed To Save Your Life During Emergencies. (PHOTOS) / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.