Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. (8360 Views)

The Cw's Flash / The CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates For Vampire Diaries, Flash, Arrow & More / Reasons Why You Should Check Out The Cw’s ‘izombie’..it Totally Rocks! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
C'mon the CW a.k.a UPN, a.k.a the WB have always been sub-par in terms of programming. They should consider demographics other than teenage chicks with abandonment issues and that not everyone is a fan of The 100/Vampire Dairies/Gossip Girl bandwagon. Shows like The Original, Arrow, Flash and Beauty And Beast makes struggling networks like NBC feel better about themselves. The only good thing on The CW at the moment is Supernatural.

Grown-ups that watch the aforementioned shows should have their psyche evaluated. It's no longer a question of choice, rather, a mass cry for help.

3 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dis guy nids help. Ah ah, u no sabi change channel again

2 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Ultimatesammie(m): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
koice:
C'mon the CW a.k.a UPN, a.k.a the WB have always been sub-par in terms of programming. They should consider demographics other than teenage chicks with abandonment issues and that not everyone is a fan of The 100/Vampire Dairies/Gossip Girl bandwagon. Shows like The Original, Arrow, Flash and Beauty And Beast makes struggling networks like NBC feel better about themselves. The only good thing on The CW at the moment is Supernatural.

Grown-ups that watch the aforementioned shows should have their psyche evaluated. It's no longer a question of choice, rather, a mass cry for help.
Your opinion bro dere are a lots of people who watch them and enjoy it at least they dont cancel so many series like d channel u mentioned or others by d way they are so bad yet u know abt some details of d show to compare them cause if u hvnt watched it u cant judge. So my question is CW to u is bad how come u watch their shows. Nigerians wud never cease to amaze a person.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Your opinion bro dere are a lots of people who watch them and enjoy it at least they dont cancel so many series like d channel u mentioned or others by d way they are so bad yet u know abt some details of d show to compare them cause if u hvnt watched it u cant judge. So my question is CW to u is bad how come u watch their shows. Nigerians wud never cease to amaze a person.

Dude, do you have any idea how many CW shows I had to stop watching after suffering through the 1st episodes. Countless. I don't watch their shows because it suck bad! I mean, that's the whole point of creating this topic in the first place. Do you lack comprehensions skills or something?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
shockwave91:
Dis guy nids help. Ah ah, u no sabi change channel again

It's called opinion, bro. Pipe down.

2 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
My ratings on some of the shows produced by the CW.

-Gossip girl 4/10: Basically for teenage boys and girls with abandonment issues. If you're an adult following this show, then you're not okay.

-Reign 5/10: Something is a little off about this show... Yes, I got it now. The plotholes are too embarrassing to be ignored.

-Smallville 6/10: Neat, Sophisticated but marred by too much CGI and little acting

-Arrow 3/10: Seriously, what were they thinking when they created this ridiculous piece of sh*t?? Made Smallville look like a masterpiece.

-Flash 3/10: Another ridiculous piece of sh*t

-The 100 4/10: Bunch of teenagers running around summed it all up. An adult caught following this crap avidly is seriously disturbed.

-The Vampire Diaries 2/10: Possibly the worst vampire themed TV show ever, case closed.

-The Original 5/10: An improvement of it's predecessor but over acting and linear storytelling is killing a once promising show.

-Beauty And The Beast: 1/10: Most ridiculous show on TV hands down.

-Supernatural 7/10: Funny and enchanting, Supernatural is obviously a fluke.

4 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Ultimatesammie(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
koice:

Dude, do you have any idea how many CW shows I had to stop watching after suffering through the 1st episodes. Countless. I don't watch their shows because it suck bad! I mean, that's the whole point of creating this topic in the first place. Do you lack comprehensions skills or something?? undecided
1.Dats ur own particular perception u wud say it sucks 4 u also u wus tell us u no longer watch their shows not come here nd contradict urself by telling us u dont watch their shows nd say again dat u hv watched many CW shows. if dey were so bad why didn't u stop at few of their shows rather dan many.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

1.Dats ur own particular perception u wud say it sucks 4 u also u wus tell us u no longer watch their shows not come here nd contradict urself by telling us u dont watch their shows nd say again dat u hv watched many CW shows. if dey were so bad why didn't u stop at few of their shows rather dan many.

Dude, you apparently lack comprehension skills. Stop embarrassing yourself. grin Funny how people of your deficient reasoning skills get drawn to The CW shows like white on rice. Birds of a feather as they say... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Ultimatesammie(m): 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
koice:

Dude, you apparently lack comprehension skills. Stop embarrassing yourself. grin Funny how people of your deficient reasoning skills get drawn to The CW shows like white on rice. Birds of a feather as they say... lipsrsealed
Comprehension skills I doubt u even know wat dat means I think ure just looking for ways to excite urself u said its funny how people with deficient reasoning skills got drawn to CW shows yet u were drawn to it be4 u dropped dem like I said bro pls stop contradicting urself I think u shud get help in d construction of english sentences be4 u blurt out rubbish and by d way guy no one is paying us for this abeg d people making dis shows we are arguing abt dont know us nd dey wud continue making their money so technically ur criticisms doesn't really matter. No one cares.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ultimatesammie:
Comprehension skills I doubt u even know wat dat means I think ure just looking for ways to excite urself u said its funny how people with deficient reasoning skills got drawn to CW shows yet u were drawn to it be4 u dropped dem like I said bro pls stop contradicting urself I think u shud get help in d construction of english sentences be4 u blurt out rubbish and by d way guy no one is paying us for this abeg d people making dis shows we are arguing abt dont know us nd dey wud continue making their money so technically ur criticisms doesn't really matter. No one cares.

From this sad pile of mess you call comment, methinks you need it more than I do. Your typing skill is a mess. Apparently, your precious CW is not helping you out in that department. No comma, no fullstop, zero apostrophe... Just one long sentence from start to finish. Geez! shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
And for the record, just to bang it into your numb skull one more time, I didn't get drawn to the CW shows. Out of curiousity and fair play, I tried to give each one a benefit of doubt as I would any newly minted show out there, but on each occasion couldn't. This opinion of mine didn't arise from bias, but from practical research.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by khanivorous(f): 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
koice:
My ratings on some of the shows produced by the CW.

-Gossip girl 4/10: Basically for teenage boys and girls with abandonment issues. If you're an adult following this show, then you're not okay.

-Reign 5/10: Something is a little off about this show... Yes, I got it. The plotholes are too embarrassing to be ignored.

-Smallville 6/10: Neat, Sophisticated but marred by too much CGI and little acting

-Arrow 3/10: Seriously, what were they thinking when they created this ridiculous piece of sh*t?? Made Smallville look like a masterpiece.

-Flash 3/10: Another ridiculous piece of sh*t

-The 100 4/10: Bunch of teenagers running around summed it all up. An adult caught following this crap avidly is seriously disturbed.

-The Vampire Diaries 2/10: Possibly the worst vampire themed TV show ever, cased closed.

-The Original 5/10: An improvement of it's predecessor but over acting and linear storyline is killing a once promising show.

-Beauty And The Beast: 1/10: Most ridiculous show on TV hands down.

-Supernatural 7/10: Funny and enchanting, Supernatural is obviously a fluke.

WORD

Any adult following that crappy THE 100...needs psyche evaluation

CW is for teen... Try HBO, showtime, cinemax and AMC for real mature tv shows

4 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Ultimatesammie(m): 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
koice:

From this sad pile of mess you call comment, methinks you need it more than I do. Your typing skill is a mess. Apparently, your precious CW is not helping you out in that department. No comma, no fullstop, zero apostrophe... Just one long sentence from start to finish. Geez! shocked undecided
Unfortunately for u dis aint an essay neither is it a composition and I dont think I wud like to take instructions frm someone who's contradicts himself always in his sentence structure. By d way I dont think methinks is a word and with ur rants abt grammar u dont even fully know it.
pathetic
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 4:56am On Feb 21, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Unfortunately for u dis aint an essay neither is it a composition and I dont think I wud like to take instructions frm someone who's contradicts himself always in his sentence structure. By d way I dont think methinks is a word and with ur rants abt grammar u dont even fully know it.
pathetic

"Methinks" not a word?? shockedshocked Dude, did you atend an English class at all in Secondary school? Methinks is in the dictionary, bro, it simply translates to "It Seems To Me". You can look it up if only to see see just how absurd you were. I told you to quit embarrassing yourself, but you wouldn't listen. What a dullard! grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 5:09am On Feb 21, 2015
khanivorous:

WORD

I don't think they can stand HBO and Showtime shows. How could they? Such people are allergic to complex plot and solid contents, they'd rather watch crap with plotholes, that way, their constipated brains can be able to process.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by philfearon(m): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2015
khanivorous:

WORD

Please list the shows by this networks u r referring to dear!!
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by pomporiking: 10:04am On Feb 21, 2015
What if the 100 is a teen show??that doesn't change the fact that its still a good show
Vampire diaries is in its sixth season,so clearly your opinion doesn't count.the originals aint bad either

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 21, 2015
Arrow is the worst.

Stupid fake ass show.

3 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cronoseus(m): 10:19am On Feb 21, 2015
best series...
Banshee
The 100
Matador
Scorpion
Gotham
Salem
Da vinci demons
among athaz
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by parrotibaba(m): 10:37am On Feb 21, 2015
Hey ppl ,u need to cool ya heels ,dia is something called demographic targets ...The CW apparently sets it's targets on teens n it's paying off ,u don't hv to be an a$$ about dat ,it's about d investment returns ,HBO targets d adults so if u love dia shows ,why don't u stick with HBO? it's not dat hard is it? The shows on The CW also attracts adults who also watch these shows n of course supernatural has d highest adult fan base in CW ...We should also remember dat d CW is below d likes of HBO ,NBC n ABC but de r trying to catch up to dem n make cash d same time ...even ABC is towing d "teens" line with shows like "Agent carter" , "Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D" ,upcoming "AKA Jessica Jon" ,"Daredevil" n so on. Look at d highest grossing movies in cinemas ,de r all marvel n DC comics movies dat r meant for tweens n teens ...so it's a matter of choice n @op u don't hv to castigate an adult watching TV shows like "The 100" or "The vampire diaries" just cos u don't like dem ,like u said "it's ur opinion" n u shouldn't trample upon other ppl's opinions in order to elevate urs ....#peace

5 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by harryclinton: 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
khanivorous:

WORD

Only Hannibal beats all those series hands down

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
@Parrotibaba, first of all, thank you for admitting that The CW shows are inferior to those of HBO and Co. Acceptance is the first step to healing. Meanwhile, the rest of your arguments were very flawed. ABC is a family network, and that alone gives them the flexibility of creating TV shows that covers all demographic. They were famed for their family friendly programming such as Modern Family, Castle, How To Get Away With Murder and Grey's Anatomy. Do they dabble occasionally in fantasy? Why not? As a family network, it's only fair that young adults preferences mustn't be left out. That's where Agent Carter and Agent Of shield comes in. What sets ABC apart from The CW? Fantasy is a full-time job for the former, whereas that particular genre is merely a part of ABC's massive collection of genres.

Okay, let's talk Movies. You made a grave mistake by referring Marvel and DC comics high grossing productions as teen movies. You couldn't be more wrong. One mistake people consistently make is by ranking TV series and Movies in the same category. Movie is a big screen motion picture, whereas TV series is a small screen motion picture. Both have different set of rules. Any production spawned from fantasy that consumed a lot of money and manpower in order to produce is most definitely not for teens alone, it's for a larger audience. The same cannot be said of a marvel co-produced TV show, cuz it's basically a watered down, weekly representation of a bestselling fantasy that can only attract the teen demographics.

CW is not catching up to the other networks as you implied, au contraire... it's getting left behind. It's shows are getting b*tch slapped every week by the big 4 rivals and Cable. It's News broadcasts are receiving similar punishment. And as if that ain't enough, it's other affiliates are adopting their own identities, for example, a formerly called The CW-NWPN news network based in Buffalo, New York, now wants to be known only as NWPN. Several similar cases have been reported across the country. The CW is toast.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
pomporiking:
What if the 100 is a teen show??that doesn't change the fact that its still a good show
Vampire diaries is in its sixth season,so clearly your opinion doesn't count.the originals aint bad either

With The CW, everything's relative. Any success pales in comparison to that of the other networks, and many shows survive on The CW schedule for years even though they'd be axed almost immediately elsewhere FACT.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by philfearon(m): 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
parrotibaba:
Hey ppl ,u need to cool ya heels ,dia is something called demographic targets ...The CW apparently sets it's targets on teens n it's paying off ,u don't hv to be an a$$ about dat ,it's about d investment returns ,HBO targets d adults so if u love dia shows ,why don't u stick with HBO? it's not dat hard is it? The shows on The CW also attracts adults who also watch these shows n of course supernatural has d highest adult fan base in CW ...We should also remember dat d CW is below d likes of HBO ,NBC n ABC but de r trying to catch up to dem n make cash d same time ...even ABC is towing d "teens" line with shows like "Agent carter" , "Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D" ,upcoming "AKA Jessica Jon" ,"Daredevil" n so on. Look at d highest grossing movies in cinemas ,de r all marvel n DC comics movies dat r meant for tweens n teens ...so it's a matter of choice n @op u don't hv to castigate an adult watching TV shows like "The 100" or "The vampire diaries" just cos u don't like dem ,like u said "it's ur opinion" n u shouldn't trample upon other ppl's opinions in order to elevate urs ....#peace
Bro,please don't waste your time!
Some peoples inferiority complex is simply too pathetic to dabble in!!
Its a case of a sadist trying to infest other people with it!

2 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by pomporiking: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
koice:

With The CW, everything's relative. Any success pales in comparison to that of the other networks, and many shows survive on The CW schedule for years even though they'd be axed almost immediately elsewhere FACT.

Stop lying to yourself.vd and originals will survive most networks due to the fact the same fans watching it on cw will watch it even if its on amc or hbo
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
I be sadist now?? shocked

Laff wan tear my belle! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
pomporiking:

Stop lying to yourself.vd and originals will survive most networks due to the fact the same fans watching it on cw will watch it even if its on amc or hbo

Lolz. That's where you got it wrong. HBO and AMC will never dabble in silly teenage Vampire and Zombie TV shows when they could easily create bad-ass adult versions. Ever heard of True Blood and The Walking Dead? Yup. That's how the adults play.

Living in denial will not do you much good, bro. A solid show like "Crisis" that was cancelled by NBC after airing for only a season would have spanned for several seasons had it been it were a CW show. What About Almost Human? A FOX show that was head and shoulder above most of the shows you find in CW's schedule, but was cancelled because of poor ratings. The so-called poor ratings was higher than the weekly ratings of TVD and Beauty And The Beast combined BTW, and yet those CW shows survived. That should tell you something.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nathysmith: 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
koice:

Make the fire burn all the CW net/fans enemies ×2
Looku looku dem just dey follow us ×2
wetin concern u if na VD we watch hay ooo
If na vd we watch
God come and help us frm dis people x2
All these lovely great shows u are criticising
why are u just hating on this tv network.........
bad belle dem plenty for town hayy ooo dem plenty 4 town
haters oooo dem plenty 4 town hayyy ooo......

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nathysmith: 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
Buh criously guy this network just started few yrs ago and u are comparing their shows to networks that have been there for long.
The fact is that the CW has really tried, go check some of the reviews of their shows frm people round the world.Take nairaland for example TVD and TO are the ones that hv the highest number of comments on the tv/movie section.
They hv also gotten lots of awards.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by pomporiking: 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
koice:

Lolz. That's where you got it wrong. HBO and AMC will never dabble in silly teenage Vampire and Zombie TV shows when they could easily create bad-ass adult versions. Ever heard of True Blood and The Walking Dead? Yup. That's how the adults play.

Living in denial will not do you much good, bro. A solid show like "Crisis" that was cancelled by NBC after airing for only a season would have spanned for several seasons had it been it were a CW show. What About Almost Human? A FOX show that was head and shoulder above most of the shows you find in CW's schedule, but was cancelled because of poor ratings. The so-called poor ratings was higher than the weekly ratings of TVD and Beauty And The Beast combined BTW, and yet those CW shows survived. That should tell you something.

You still don't want to admit the fact that capturing your target audience is what mostly keeps shows running for long,so even when ratings start to dip,you still have the select group of loyal fans who would still keep watching
I really don't know the denial you say I live in.the 100 vd and originals are good shows imo not great but good enough to watch for fun they are not as terrible as you claim.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nathysmith:
Buh criously guy this network just started few yrs ago and u are comparing their shows to networks that have been there for long.
The fact is that the CW has really tried, go check some of the reviews of their shows frm people round the world.Take nairaland for example TVD and TO are the ones that hv the highest number of comments on the tv/movie section.
They hv also gotten lots of awards.

The CW have always been there. It used to be UPN, then changed it's name to WB before finally adopting it's present name. As for the reviews, don't even get me started on that. The only favorable reviews coming The CW way are from it's hardcore fans. And having a large percentage of fans doesn't necessarily translate to a show or shows being great, rather it speaks much about the exposure of the kind of people that patronize Nairaland TV/Movies section. Go to reddit, and see castigation at it's peak. Adult just don't like The CW and that's a fact.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Ultimatesammie(m): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
koice:

The CW have always been there. It used to be UPN, then changed it's name to WB before finally adopting it's present name. As for the reviews, don't even get me started on that. The only favorable reviews coming The CW way are from it's hardcore fans. And having a large percentage of fans doesn't necessarily translate to a show or shows being great, rather it speaks much about the exposure of the kind of people that patronize Nairaland TV/Movies section. Go to reddit, and see castigation at it's peak. Adult just don't like The CW and that's a fact.
wait guy are u saying that a show might be really poor and it wud still have a lot of fans shoo!! yes I know some shows are better dan some no doubt but u cant hv a large fan base if the series is crap. By the way the comments on nairaland are they all from teens are dere not adults there too, guy pls dont generalise it u might not like it based on ur perception. I have seen people criticise great shows just becos dere is something dere dey might not like.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Download Torrent Movies / Top 15 New Tv Series Coming In 2017[pictures] / Where Do I Download Any Korean Season Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.