Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. (8378 Views)

The Cw's Flash / The CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates For Vampire Diaries, Flash, Arrow & More / Reasons Why You Should Check Out The Cw’s ‘izombie’..it Totally Rocks! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
pomporiking:

You still don't want to admit the fact that capturing your target audience is what mostly keeps shows running for long,so even when ratings start to dip,you still have the select group of loyal fans who would still keep watching
I really don't know the denial you say I live in.the 100 vd and originals are good shows imo not great but good enough to watch for fun they are not as terrible as you claim.

^^
Dude, if it were only about capturing the target audience, then shows like Crisis and Almost Human never would have been cancelled at all, cuz both shows garnered strong fanbases during the short period of their respective airing. Those networks cared more about quality than fanbase or target audience.

The CW is another matter. I don't think The CW cares about stuffs like ratings or quality or fanbases. It just wants to keep from sinking under, thus, it kept ridiculous shows like TVD afloat when the logical thing is to wrap it all up and concentrate solely on the spin-off, The Original. The alacrity by which it churn out silly shows like Beauty And The Beast is alarming to say the least.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

wait guy are u saying that a show might be really poor and it wud still have a lot of fans shoo!! yes I know some shows are better dan some no doubt but u cant hv a large fan base if the series is crap. By the way the comments on nairaland are they all from teens are dere not adults there too, guy pls dont generalise it u might not like it based on ur perception. I have seen people criticise great shows just becos dere is something dere dey might not like.

Dude, you're arguably the most ridiculous character I've dealt with since I registered last year. A show can be poor and still have a lot of fanbase. The perfect examples are starring you right in the face, but your delusions of grandeur wouldn't let you see anything. Keep living in fools Paradise.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by khanivorous(f): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
harryclinton:

Only Hannibal beats all those series hands down

Hannibal is a MASTERPIECE
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by pomporiking: 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
koice:

^^
Dude, if it were only about capturing the target audience, then shows like Crisis and Almost Human never would have been cancelled at all, cuz both shows garnered strong fanbases during the short period of their respective airing. Those networks cared more about quality than fanbase or target audience.

The CW is another matter. I don't think The CW cares about stuffs like ratings or quality or fanbases. It just wants to keep from sinking under, thus, it kept ridiculous shows like TVD afloat when the logical thing is to wrap it all up and concentrate solely on the spin-off, The Original. The alacrity by which it churn out silly shows like Beauty And The Beast is alarming to say the least.

Crisis had a strong fanbase!!!that's a big fat lie.it was a very average show with poor ratings which was rightly cancelled
Why do you keep bringing up cw?? are we arguing about the network or just some of its shows
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cronoseus(m): 5:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
CW have the best picture quality...same with STARZ,,,CW vampire tv shows suck,vampire diaries and the originals but the rest r great
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cronoseus(m): 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
crisis sucks big time!
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
pomporiking:

Crisis had a strong fanbase!!!that's a big fat lie.it was a very average show with poor ratings which was rightly cancelled
Why do you keep bringing up cw?? are we arguing about the network or just some of its shows

Calling Crisis an average show is absurd considering the content and plot however weak was far better than most of the nonsense that pass for dramas on The CW.

To answer your question, The CW is a troubled network with a long history of shoving sub-par TV shows down the throat of people that don't know any better, hence, I cannot criticize it's shows without painting it with the same brush as well.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
cronoseus:
CW have the best picture quality...same with STARZ,,,CW vampire tv shows suck,vampire diaries and the originals but the rest r great

Are you for real?? shocked shocked

Lemme break it down for you. The CW shoot most of their top shows on 720p to 1080p - the same video resolutions as the big 4 (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX). Premium cables like HBO, Showtime and Starz shoot theirs on 1080p-1920p.

Bottom line: Premium cable TV shows have the best PPI and DPI on account that they are shot on full HD.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
cronoseus:
crisis sucks big time!

Thus, the cancellation, but on presentation alone, it outclassed 95% of what you see on The CW.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cronoseus(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
all the same..the quality is phenomenal

even Gotham's video quality is spot on,,though i dont know its producer
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cronoseus(m): 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
no ways man..crisis sucks in all aspects...it should have been produced by smthn like FOX network,,they know how to sequence their shows,,like in 24,the biggest show
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
cronoseus:
all the same..the quality is phenomenal

even Gotham's video quality is spot on,,though i dont know its producer

Gotham is from FOX.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by pomporiking: 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
koice:

Calling Crisis an average show is absurd considering the content and plot however weak was far better than most of the nonsense that pass for dramas on The CW.

To answer your question, The CW is a troubled network with a long history of shoving sub-par TV shows down the throat of people that don't know any better, hence, I cannot criticize it's shows without painting it with the same brush as well.

The 100 is better than crisis

2 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cronoseus(m): 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
crisis is nowhere near average...there are many good tv shows out there,crisis aint one of them

sleepy hollow sucks too
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cronoseus(m): 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
crisis is in the same genre with blacklist..and clearly blacklist was a killer,crisis lacked something,,but it would have rocked if it was produced by different entities,,also the cast were a flop
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Darey00(m): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
CW sucks.
TVD sucks
TO sucks
The 100 Sucks
Arrow sucks
The Flash sucks
ditto ditto

Fans of CW are kids and teenagers who lack an adult sense of humour..

If you don't watch series coming from HBO,FOX,AMC etc.... you are not grown up....

===> OK ...I don talk am for you. Can we have peace now?
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
cronoseus:
crisis is in the same genre with blacklist..and clearly blacklist was a killer,crisis lacked something,,but it would have rocked if it was produced by different entities,,also the cast were a flop

Do you know the real reason why Crisis had to be axed? 2 words: Budget cuts. NBC had to axe a lot of their new shows last summer because of fund issue and only super hits like The Blacklist, Hannibal and Grimm survived the cut. Crisis didn't get discontinued because it sucked, rather because of pure bad luck.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nathysmith: 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
Darey00:
CW sucks.
TVD sucks
TO sucks
The 100 Sucks
Arrow sucks
The Flash sucks
ditto ditto

If you don't watch series coming from HBO,FOX,AMC etc.... you are not grown up....

Yet so many adults around the world watch it, there are are scientific terms illustrations that so many adults might not even understand yet u claim they are 4 kids pls. The CW shows brings excitement a particular episode can steer u up not d other shows dat u wud hv to wait until u hv watched like 5-6 be4 main act starts.
@koice why is it paining u so much dude, dem dey pay u o boy aaaaaa. The thing even with everything people wud continue to watch it nd even d shows u think are great another person might say its wack and I hvnt even gotten any substantial reason 4 u other than d fact dat u think dey are childish.
Pls next time giv gud reasons.
PEACE
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Darey00(m): 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nathysmith:

Yet so many adults around the world watch it, there are are scientific terms illustrations that so many adults might not even understand yet u claim they are 4 kids pls. The CW shows brings excitement a particular episode can steer u up not d other shows dat u wud hv to wait until u hv watched like 5-6 be4 main act starts.
@koice why is it paining u so much dude, dem dey pay u o boy aaaaaa. The thing even with everything people wud continue to watch it nd even d shows u think are great another person might say its wack and I hvnt even gotten any substantial reason 4 u other than d fact dat u think dey are childish.
PEACE

haba brother I can't believe u missed d sarcasm in my post... d post was meant for d OP.. U fall my hand o
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nathysmith: 12:27am On Feb 22, 2015
Darey00:

haba brother I can't believe u missed d sarcasm in my post... d post was meant for d OP.. U fall my hand o
oga abeg sorry joor i just take time read am now, I just dey surprise why dem dey take am personally u be CW fan
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 4:42am On Feb 22, 2015
Darey00:
CW sucks.
TVD sucks
TO sucks
The 100 Sucks
Arrow sucks
The Flash sucks
ditto ditto

Your sad attempt at sarcasm was lost on me bro cuz you I don't watch FOX shows either! In fact, I avoid it's shows as much as I do The CWs. The CW targets a specific demographics - Teens demographics, I wasn't the one that made the rules, merely saying things as they were. No need to be unnecessarily flippant.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 22, 2015
Nathysmith:

PEACE

Yeah, the CW is now all about SFF (Science Fantasy Fiction), most of whom have no real scientific backing. It mixes fact with so much fantasy that poor guys like you don't stand a chance. Just see how you were quick to reference it's shows as melting pot of scientific illustrations! You couldn't be more wrong. The 100 is chock full of scientific fallacies that an Adult that doesn't see 'em needs psychological help.

That's why I tell my friends to watch SYFY/Showcase TV shows whenever they have an urge to watch something sciencey and enthralling. Ever heard of Continum? Very educative as well as entertaining. Battlestar Galactica? Leant so much from watching that series. The Sanctuary? As sciencey as they come while it plays with your mind. Stargate Atlantis? Learnt so much about space travels and the exciting possibilities. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to learn anything from The CW's version of SFF till date.

The CW only excite those that don't know any better. I don't get a rise of any kind myself. Whenever I try to watch an episode for the purpose of review, I usually try to get through it by scanning past a lot of monotonous, boring scenes. The CW shows don't make one think, neither do they really excite. Fight scenes lack real coordination and professionalism, one thing becomes clear instantly from watching one. They rely more on CGIs than an artistic approach. Never seen a great memorable fight scene from the stables of The CW till date, no siree! The dialogues are a joke. Education wise, it's pathetic. You won't learn new words or terms from watching shows produced by The CW. Blood and gore wise and real life situations are lost on The CW shows. You don't see a traditional bloody scenes neither can you relate to the fantasy influenced characters and actions.

The CW is a lightweight and it's shows are beyond ridiculous. That's just the way it is.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by philfearon(m): 6:34am On Feb 22, 2015
koice:

Yeah, the CW is now all about SFF (Science Fantasy Fiction), most of whom have no real scientific backing. It mixes fact with so much fantasy that poor guys like don't stand a chance. Just see how you were quick to reference it's shows as melting pot of scientific illustrations! You couldn't be more wrong. The 100 is chock full of scientific fallacies that an Adult that doesn't see 'em needs psychological help.

That's why I tell my friends to watch SYFY/Showcase TV shows whenever they have an urge to watch something sciencey and enthralling. Ever heard of Continum? Very educative as well as entertaining. Battlestar Galactica? Leant so much from watching that series. The Sanctuary? As sciencey as they come while it plays with your mind. Stargate Atlantis? Learnt so much about space travels and the exciting possibilities. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to learn anything from The CW's version of SFF till date.

The CW only excite those that don't know any better. I don't get a rise of any kind myself. Whenever I try to watch an episode for the purpose of review, I usually try to get through it by scanning past a lot of monotonous, boring scenes. The CW shows don't make one think, neither do they really excite. Fight scenes lack real coordination and professionalism, one thing becomes clear instantly from watching one. They rely more on CGIs than an artistic approach. Never seen a great memorable fight scene from the stables of The CW till date, no siree! The dialogues are a joke. Education wise, it's pathetic. You won't learn new words or terms from watching shows produced by The CW. Blood and gore wise and real life situations are lost on The CW shows. You don't see a traditional bloody scenes neither can you relate to the fantasy influenced characters and actions.

The CW is a lightweight and it's shows are beyond ridiculous. That's just the way it is.

You know,I finally get what your problem is...
What you fail to understand here is that despite watching CW shows,it still doesn't stop anyone from watching shows from syfy or HBO or ABC or Showtime or AMC or Cinemax...
I remember when I was kid that I used to watch ROSWELL.Then,it was a TV show to me that I really followed,but now,I can't watch it again,but does that I mean I should now start insulting anybody who didn't watch it then and is watching it now?
Like I have been telling u all along,I don't think there is any TV show u have watched that I havent watched.....but I will always watch cw shows that get my attention..
Talking of CONTINUUM,it is a really good show which I followed ( still following) and I don't think it is any difference from other Time travel films ( I don't think any series will ever top Doctor Who on that one)..In the past,I wouldn't have even followed CONTINUUM cuz two of its main characters would have been distasteful to me(one is a teenager and one is a female)...The more reason I look at 12 Monkeys as a joke!!
I followed "the Sanctuary",but I couldn't continue cuz I have not really developed that taste of Female lead characters in shows(movies are exceptions) then....
You keep saying NBC cut Crisis due to fan flop or budget, but since I knew NBC,that's their character..Most of the shows they cancel would have better found its way to other networks and gotten better development...That's why I will always advice people to stay away from NBC shows, cuz they will always break Ur heart..I decided to follow GRIMM cuz its in its fourth season now and still airing(and am enjoying the show)
The bottom line here is,that you can't continue watching watching cw shows doesn't mean that others should..
99% of us here are not direct fans(I mean we mostly download this shows or buy the pirated copies) including you and i...
So stop all this fuss bro,there is nothing to it!!

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Darey00(m): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2015
koice:

Your sad attempt at sarcasm was lost on me bro cuz you I don't watch FOX shows either! In fact, I avoid it's shows as much as I do The CWs. The CW targets a specific demographics - Teens demographics, I wasn't the one that made the rules, merely saying things as they were. No need to be unnecessarily flippant.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Darey00(m): 8:23am On Feb 22, 2015
koice:

Mr Man go out there and start making yourself a relevance to d society... I can't believe u actually gauge your IQ (or lack of) by d shows and Networks you follow.. If you like watch Game of thrones till thy kingdom come I don't see any way in which u are better than the average Joe that watches cartoons all day..
I listen to Foreign artistes mostly, cos I can't stand d rubbish being spewed out by 9ja artistes.. yet I don't condemn people who listen to them cos I know aw the human nature works.. its all about choice. u find d CW shows lame, fine,sit down and take a chill pill. start living life.
Na only TV shows full your head
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2015
philfearon:

You know,I finally get what your problem is...
What you fail to understand here is that despite watching CW shows,it still doesn't stop anyone from watching shows from syfy or HBO or ABC or Showtime or AMC or Cinemax...
I remember when I was kid that I used to watch ROSWELL.Then,it was a TV show to me that I really followed,but now,I can't watch it again,but does that I mean I should now start insulting anybody who didn't watch it then and is watching it now?
Like I have been telling u all along,I don't think there is any TV show u have watched that I havent watched.....but I will always watch cw shows that get my attention..
Talking of CONTINUUM,it is a really good show which I followed ( still following) and I don't think it is any difference from other Time travel films ( I don't think any series will ever top Doctor Who on that one)..In the past,I wouldn't have even followed CONTINUUM cuz two of its main characters would have been distasteful to me(one is a teenager and one is a female)...The more reason I look at 12 Monkeys as a joke!!
I followed "the Sanctuary",but I couldn't continue cuz I have not really developed that taste of Female lead characters in shows(movies are exceptions) then....
You keep saying NBC cut Crisis due to fan flop or budget, but since I knew NBC,that's their character..Most of the shows they cancel would have better found its way to other networks and gotten better development...That's why I will always advice people to stay away from NBC shows, cuz they will always break Ur heart..I decided to follow GRIMM cuz its in its fourth season now and still airing(and am enjoying the show)
The bottom line here is,that you can't continue watching watching cw shows doesn't mean that others should..
99% of us here are not direct fans(I mean we mostly download this shows or buy the pirated copies) including you and i...
So stop all this fuss bro,there is nothing to it!!

Finally! A maturely constructed argument. It's a refreshing feeling.
^^
You were right on the fact people can watch shows from other network and still enjoy the ones from The CW, but that wasn't the point I tried to make in my earlier post. Sure, some adults enjoy watching The CW, but when you dig deep, something jumps out at you, something so consistent that it mustn't be ignored. Something called "sentiments". Most adults stick to The Present CW shows based on their past affiliations. Shows like Smallville and Supernatural drew in a lot of Adult audience for the CW - I for one still enjoy Supernatural - and some didn't jump ship even when Smallville wrapped up. What they did instead was to transfer their affections and loyalty to the newer CW productions no matter how absurd they (the shows) were. But that's BTW.

The point I tried to make was this: The CW shows - most of them anyway - are not memorable or comparable to shows from other networks. Someone in his/her right mind couldn't possibly and honestly compare Reign with Vikings. The chereoghapy and presentations alone in Vikings put Reign to Shame. Do you know why? Reign, atypically - being a CW show and all - rely on heavy use of CGI, while Vikings took the Broadway approach - the right approach. Okay let's look at the 100 and the short lived Revolution.What does the former had that the later doesn't. Simple: Revolution is actually believable, and backed up with sound scientific credibility. If Revolution was a CW show, believe me, it would have become their greatest hit show ever! But then again, being The CW, they would have prolly ruined it anyway.

NBC is a struggling network that has long history of axing promising shows, but there is one thing you can't take from them, they know how to make hit shows - good television. Their shows are almost always quite memorable. Even today, "Heroes" is still fresh in our respective minds. The quality of their shows is as such that it's adviceable you enjoy 'em while they last, cuz you never know when they might yank off the chain. NBC may be unreliable, but at least, they keep the masses entertained with strongly written and executed TV shows.

Fans of the CW can rave and praise their favorite shows to the high heavens for all I care, but they should always endeavor to remember and understand that their darling shows wouldn't pass muster and heavy scrutiny. That's all.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 22, 2015
Darey00:

Mr Man go out there and start making yourself a relevance to d society... I can't believe u actually gauge your IQ (or lack of) by d shows and Networks you follow.. If you like watch Game of thrones till thy kingdom come I don't see any way in which u are better than the average Joe that watches cartoons all day..
I listen to Foreign artistes mostly, cos I can't stand d rubbish being spewed out by 9ja artistes.. yet I don't condemn people who listen to them cos I know aw the human nature works.. its all about choice. u find d CW shows lame, fine,sit down and take a chill pill. start living life.
Na only TV shows full your head

How is it any of my business that you're an introvert?? We are here to talk TV shows, bro. If you've difficulty in voicing out your opinion, then don't! Just let others that can actually do so, do their thing. Haba!
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Kai5vil: 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
so bad..
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by JUHABACH: 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
koice:
My ratings on some of the shows produced by the CW.

-Gossip girl 4/10: Basically for teenage boys and girls with abandonment issues. If you're an adult following this show, then you're not okay.

-Reign 5/10: Something is a little off about this show... Yes, I got it now. The plotholes are too embarrassing to be ignored.

-Smallville 6/10: Neat, Sophisticated but marred by too much CGI and little acting

-Arrow 3/10: Seriously, what were they thinking when they created this ridiculous piece of sh*t?? Made Smallville look like a masterpiece.

-Flash 3/10: Another ridiculous piece of sh*t

-The 100 4/10: Bunch of teenagers running around summed it all up. An adult caught following this crap avidly is seriously disturbed.

-The Vampire Diaries 2/10: Possibly the worst vampire themed TV show ever, case closed.

-The Original 5/10: An improvement of it's predecessor but over acting and linear storytelling is killing a once promising show.

-Beauty And The Beast: 1/10: Most ridiculous show on TV hands down.

-Supernatural 7/10: Funny and enchanting, Supernatural is obviously a fluke.

shit taste detected.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by parrotibaba(m): 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
@koice u don't just get it do u ? The likes of HBO ,ABC n NBC hv already chosen a particular target to feed dia shows to whether de diverse to keep d teens warm in dia beds with teen tagged shows...The CW is a new entity dat was formed with d merge of UPN n WB in 06 or thereabout ,so it's new n it's like tasking Tottenham to usurp d front 3 in EPL ,it's not n easy task at all ,The likes of NBC n co r averaging up to 20 million viewers per show so if u hv dat large amount of viewers n suddenly a show dat was averaging 8 million viewers in ratings drop to 4 million in rating ,wouldn't u cancel d show? If the CW has a large viewer ship ,don't u think dat de would be cancelling shows dat fall in ratings? What about SYFY or TMT or Lifetime? so de should cancel shows cos it doesn't involve sex scenes right? I mean what's ur definition of an adult show? d show dat involves hardcore sex scenes n vulgar languages cos dat one sells also ,dis kind of shows gather a large fan base cos of dat ,The cw averages at least 5 million viewers per episode in a show(like supernatural season 1) if u remove de WWE dat garnered a large fan base when d cw aired it so on dat bases ,any show dat maintains at least 2 million viewers per episode is riding high in d network's schedule ...And looking at d shows like originals n TVD ,if d twilight film series had a big fan base den what makes d former bad? like I said ,it's preference not bull crap ...

Like I said b4 ,d marvel n DC comics movies gross ridiculous amounts of cash despite it being an adaptation from comics meant for kids ,dis is possible cos of d attraction it gets not cos of it's budget ,dia r high budget movies dat implode at d box office, Marvel n DC r banking on d number of teens dat read the comics n want to see a movie adaptation ,ppl don't go to see movies cos of d high budget but cos of d appeal...look at d movie "John Carter" which had up to more dan 200 million dollars as budget ,what happened? it bombed at d box office ,it's not about d budget ,it's d appeal n choice...

So if u hate shows dat r broadcasted on the cw cos u find it "unadult" ,den better stay away from it

3 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by philfearon(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
koice:

Finally! A maturely constructed argument. It's a refreshing feeling.
^^
You were right on the fact people can watch shows from other network and still enjoy the ones from The CW, but that wasn't the point I tried to make in my earlier post. Sure, some adults enjoy watching The CW, but when you dig deep, something jumps out at you, something so consistent that it mustn't be ignored. Something called "sentiments". Most adults stick to The Present CW shows based on their past affiliations. Shows like Smallville and Supernatural drew in a lot of Adult audience for the CW - I for one still enjoy Supernatural - and some didn't jump ship even when Smallville wrapped up. What they did instead was to transfer their affections and loyalty to the newer CW productions no matter how absurd they (the shows) were. But that's BTW.

The point I tried to make was this: The CW shows - most of them anyway - are not memorable or comparable to shows from other networks. Someone in his/her right mind couldn't possibly and honestly compare Reign with Vikings. The chereoghapy and presentations alone in Vikings put Reign to Shame. Do you know why? Reign, atypically - being a CW show and all - rely on heavy use of CGI, while Vikings took the Broadway approach - the right approach. Okay let's look at the 100 and the short lived Revolution.What does the former had that the later doesn't. Simple: Revolution is actually believable, and backed up with sound scientific credibility. If Revolution was a CW show, believe me, it would have become their greatest hit show ever! But then again, being The CW, they would have prolly ruined it anyway.

NBC is a struggling network that has long history of axing promising shows, but there is one thing you can't take from them, they know how to make hit shows - good television. Their shows are almost always quite memorable. Even today, "Heroes" is still fresh in our respective minds. The quality of their shows is as such that it's adviceable you enjoy 'em while they last, cuz you never know when they might yank off the chain. NBC may be unreliable, but at least, they keep the masses entertained with strongly written and executed TV shows.

Fans of the CW can rave and praise their favorite shows to the high heavens for all I care, but they should always endeavor to remember and understand that their darling shows wouldn't pass muster and heavy scrutiny. That's all.
I get you...
The thing is, most cw shows are too childish..Then again,you have been saying that they have a set demographic population they target..So,the difference is clear..
If they were to have another set of demographic population ( say 27-45),would their storylines and production techniques be the same?
Despite its popularity and fame,I couldn't continue watching Merlin(stopped in S2 or so) cuz it was becoming too childish for my liking..
I had to stop watching TVD in early S02 cuz,cuz apparently,the show directors lost it..
I couldn't get past episode two of REIGN...
But it doesn't mean others don't enjoy them or that I should start criticising them..Its just choice...
I couldn't watch TWD again cuz I watched WORLD WAR Z(you know,quality zombies..not those awful gully looking wretched things in TWD)..But yet,TWD is like a culture to many TV show lovers...
Just understand that it is choice..
I had to finish watching the LEFTOVERS just bcus I saw Christopher Eccleston in the show..just like I will watch any show that Morena Baccarin is in..I had to stop myself from watching HOMELAND S04 cuz Brody is dead(didn't see any reason to continue watching it again)...
The point am making here is,its really disrespectful and rude referring to people who watch certain TV shows in demeaning manner.....
Thats why i took you up on the other thread..Its not that I have anything against you!!

2 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by parrotibaba(m): 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
@koice it's not dat The CW shows suck a$$ ,it's just dat u don't like any of dem n dat is sad in my opinion cos it led u to open dis thread in other to castigate dia shows ,nothing more ...And u should stop saying crap about adults who still watch CW shows ,it's about choice n ur opinion(s) won't do a fat load of good ...by d way ,we don't even contribute to d ratings so why all d fuss?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smallville Vs Flash Vs Arrow.. Which Is The Best / Episodes Of 'Mark Of Uru': A Nigerian Cartoon / Zee World Series Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.