Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. (8385 Views)

The Cw's Flash / The CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates For Vampire Diaries, Flash, Arrow & More / Reasons Why You Should Check Out The Cw’s ‘izombie’..it Totally Rocks! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nathysmith: 6:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
@Koice most of the scientific term in their shows are theoretical in real life they may not be real buh at least hv been thought of they can't just introduce any random thing they wud be criticised 4 dat,and I dont think d American critics hv criticised it d way ure doing.
Also u seem to know a lot abt their shows which tells me u hv watched a lot of their shows cause just watching an episode alone cant make u hv all this knowledge yet u criticise which is ironic.
Another thing is like I said their shows are exciting, it may not be 4 u but 4 others it is. I hv seen teens, youths go on nd on abt their shows even on nairaland TVD seems to be d main series of d tv/movies section as different threads are been opened abt it. There are so many shows that are might be better no doubt buh dere is dis spark u get frm a CW show there's this kind of thrill which I dont see in some other shows.
Laatly I think people wud prefer to watch a show which has higher percentage of continuity dan one which wont even go far I mean dats really annoying at times, and by d way CW shows features lots of episodes for one to enjoy.
PEACE
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 23, 2015
parrotibaba and philfearon, both of you made solid points, but my stance on the CW's not gonna change. However, I'm gonna comply with your requests and let y'all be. I understand it's a matter of choice and whatever one does behind close doors is his business and HIS alone. Peace. smiley
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by GJames(m): 10:56am On Feb 23, 2015
koice:
My ratings on some of the shows produced by the CW.

-Gossip girl 4/10: Basically for teenage boys and girls with abandonment issues. If you're an adult following this show, then you're not okay.

-Reign 5/10: Something is a little off about this show... Yes, I got it now. The plotholes are too embarrassing to be ignored.

-Smallville 6/10: Neat, Sophisticated but marred by too much CGI and little acting

-Arrow 3/10: Seriously, what were they thinking when they created this ridiculous piece of sh*t?? Made Smallville look like a masterpiece.

-Flash 3/10: Another ridiculous piece of sh*t

-The 100 4/10: Bunch of teenagers running around summed it all up. An adult caught following this crap avidly is seriously disturbed.

-The Vampire Diaries 2/10: Possibly the worst vampire themed TV show ever, case closed.

-The Original 5/10: An improvement of it's predecessor but over acting and linear storytelling is killing a once promising show.

-Beauty And The Beast: 1/10: Most ridiculous show on TV hands down.

-Supernatural 7/10: Funny and enchanting, Supernatural is obviously a fluke.
GOSSIP GIRL: No way, never ever would i attempt to watch this.
REIGN: Cant watch this.
SMALLVILLE: Started from season 7, lost interest in season 9.
ARROW & THE FLASH: Stopped watching both recently.
THE 100: Not for me.
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: I have tried my best to gain interest in watching this series due the fact that almost all my friend watch it, but its just not working.
THE ORIGINALS: Same as above.
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Can't watch this also.
SUPERNATURAL: Caught my attention when i saw a friend watching it, then i asked for its title and he told me ''supernatural season 9''. I can't follow a series that long.
So i agree with you 100%

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cao(f): 12:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
Too tired to read through everything. The CW is the combination of The WB & UPN. Reba, Smallville & Supernatural came from The WB & All of Us, Girlfriends, Veronica Mars, Everybody Hates Chris & The Game (a spinoff of Girlfriends) came from UPN. The CW messed up Girlfriends by abruptly stopping its production during its first CW season and then promptly cancelled it for no reason and then renewed the sub-par The Game, then dealt with it later. I'll not even attempt to explain the 419-ness that made them drop a fantastic show like Veronica Mars and pick up the questionable All of Us.

Smallville lost all its umph and became the show that would never end. Supernatural is still brilliant, it still brings in the ladies and it does not take itself seriously. Although, its creator wanted the show to end at season 5 (he originally had a vision for three seasons, but extended it to 5), but The CW had other plans. Fortunately for The CW, the writers who work on the show understand the characters, hence why it's still able to thrive without its creator's hands (he merely consults for the show now). The problem with The CW is they have this set demo in their head and they'll keep pandering to it. It's why when they've got decent shows like Nikita, it will be advertised as an aesthetically pleasing show, instead of an actually compelling spy-fi action show.

Unlike the other networks, The CW has no original programming for Sunday, so they tried to create one with a company called Media Rights Capital (MRC), well that one failed spectacularly, I was a fan of Valentine though - I'm a fan of Greek myth & Jaime Murray (she always looks like she's enjoying herself no matter what role she plays). If I remember correctly the CW messed up with advertising the MRC shows.

Reaper is another show that had so much potential, but apparently no one wanted to watch it on The CW. A show about a slacker, who discovers on his 21st birthday that his parents sold his soul to the devil (played with relish by Ray Wise), he now had to catch souls that have escaped from hell. Plus, the local DMV really is a portal to hell (apparently Americans believe the DMV actually is hell).
Don't even get me started on how they messed up Aliens in America, this was another show with so much potential, they killed the heck out of it. It was too good a show for The CW, it would have thrived in ABC Family.

The thing is folks hear something is on The CW their instinct is to run away very quickly in the other direction. Although, the show sometimes doesn't help itself, I ploughed through Beauty & the Beast until it finally got interesting. Seriously, the narration alone almost put me off, I used to skip that shtako with the quickness. Maybe I'm just easy to please and very forgiving when it comes The CW.

2 Likes

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by bigblangston: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
cao:
Too tired to read through everything. The CW is the combination of The WB & UPN. Reba, Smallville & Supernatural came from The WB & All of Us, Girlfriends, Veronica Mars, Everybody Hates Chris & The Game (a spinoff of Girlfriends) came from UPN. The CW messed up Girlfriends by abruptly stopping its production during its first CW season and then promptly cancelled it for no reason and then renewed the sub-par The Game, then dealt with it later. I'll not even attempt to explain the 419-ness that made them drop a fantastic show like Veronica Mars and pick up the questionable All of Us.

Smallville lost all its umph and became the show that would never end. Supernatural is still brilliant, it still brings in the ladies and it does not take itself seriously. Although, its creator wanted the show to end at season 5 (he originally had a vision for three seasons, but extended it to 5), but The CW had other plans. Fortunately for The CW, the writers who work on the show understand the characters, hence why it's still able to thrive without its creator's hands (he merely consults for the show now). The problem with The CW is they have this set demo in their head and they'll keep pandering to it. It's why when they've got decent shows like Nikita, it will be advertised as an aesthetically pleasing show, instead of an actually compelling spy-fi action show.

Unlike the other networks, The CW has no original programming for Sunday, so they tried to create one with a company called Media Rights Capital (MRC), well that one failed spectacularly, I was a fan of Valentine though - I'm a fan of Greek myth & Jaime Murray (she always looks like she's enjoying herself no matter what role she plays). If I remember correctly the CW messed up with advertising the MRC shows.

Reaper is another show that had so much potential, but apparently no one wanted to watch it on The CW. A show about a slacker, who discovers on his 21st birthday that his parents sold his soul to the devil (played with relish by Ray Wise), he now had to catch souls that have escaped from hell. Plus, the local DMV really is a portal to hell (apparently Americans believe the DMV actually is hell).
Don't even get me started on how they messed up Aliens in America, this was another show with so much potential, they killed the heck out of it. It was too good a show for The CW, it would have thrived in ABC Family.

The thing is folks hear something is on The CW their instinct is to run away very quickly in the other direction. Although, the show sometimes doesn't help itself, I ploughed through Beauty & the Beast until it finally got interesting. Seriously, the narration alone almost put me off, I used to skip that shtako with the quickness. Maybe I'm just easy to please and very forgiving when it comes The CW.
I'm very sure u r nt a nigerian or possibly u neva lived in nigeria...and I thought I ve watched much shows than anyone, nepa has really downgraded my shine..... Abc and amc all d way
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
cao:

Brilliant analysis right there! The theme of your post being "The CW suck, but you love 'em anyway." Yep, you were particularly right about one thing - You're too damn easy to please! smiley
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cao(f): 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
bigblangston:
I'm very sure u r nt a nigerian or possibly u neva lived in nigeria...and I thought I ve watched much shows than anyone, nepa has really downgraded my shine..... Abc and amc all d way
I'm very sure you're not really human or possibly never raised by humans. Now that might sound harsh, but that's how silly your assumption sounded to me. NL shall never cease to amaze me, now my tv watching doesn't make me Nigerian enough. Chei! Chineke Biko save me from NL-o.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Kaycee7(m): 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
cao:

I'm very sure you're not really human or possibly never raised by humans. Now that might sound harsh, but that's how silly your assumption sounded to me. NL shall never cease to amaze me, now my tv watching doesn't make me Nigerian enough. Chei! Chineke Biko save me from NL-o.
I tink he was complimenting u.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by bigblangston: 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
cao:

alrite,thanks for insulting me. I thought I was kinda complimentin u on hw knowledgeable u r wit tv shows nt knowin u r gonna take it d wrong way, nw dat u ve thrown aspersions at me I hope u r satisfied. Sorry for quotin u in d first place and do ve a gud nite rest. Take care
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Kaycee7(m): 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
bigblangston:
alrite,thanks for insulting me. I thought I was kinda complimentin u on hw knowledgeable u r wit tv shows nt knowin u r gonna take it d wrong way, nw dat u ve thrown aspersions at me I hope u r satisfied. Sorry for quotin u in d first place and do ve a gud nite rest. Take care
Cmon bro, don't lose it so fast.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by cifutemi(f): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
koice:

Dude, do you have any idea how many CW shows I had to stop watching after suffering through the 1st episodes. Countless. I don't watch their shows because it suck bad! I mean, that's the whole point of creating this topic in the first place. Do you lack comprehensions skills or something?? undecided
Their shows are irritating
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Kaycee7(m): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
As always, I say,

To each his own.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
The CW shows still suck as bad as ever! grin
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by landinfo: 11:33am On Nov 05, 2015
koice:
My ratings on some of the shows produced by the CW.

-Arrow 3/10: Seriously, what were they thinking when they created this ridiculous piece of sh*t?? Made Smallville look like a masterpiece.

-Flash 3/10: Another ridiculous piece of sh*t

I over tire for these 2....God4bid the 2 sha

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Maghan37: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
koice:

Dude, do you have any idea how many CW shows I had to stop watching after suffering through the 1st episodes. Countless. I don't watch their shows because it suck bad! I mean, that's the whole point of creating this topic in the first place. Do you lack comprehensions skills or something?? undecided
Like they say 1 man's food is another man's poison ' I love the C.W seasons more than any other networks. By d way man if there is any body that needs a psyche evaluation it'lll be u because who are u to think of urself superior to others that like such series? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
Maghan37:
Like they say 1 man's food is another man's poison ' I love the C.W seasons more than any other networks. By d way man if there is any body that needs a psyche evaluation it'lll be u because who are u to think of urself superior to others that like such series? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The CW being your best TV network as an adult, qualifies you as clinically insane... you need help. grin grin
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
landinfo:

I over tire for these 2....God4bid the 2 sha

Lolz.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by tegak10: 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
cw have no memorable show minus smallville n maybe supernatural.. I liked smallville.. It became dragged on till it became water.... Arrow rubbish flash rubbish reign error.. Beauty n d beast great error.....

Showtime abc n the rest are actually better cw shows are for kids hooked on cgi... thats all
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Maghan37: 7:51am On Nov 06, 2015
koice:

The CW being your best TV network as an adult, qualifies you as clinically insane... you need help. grin grin
Well u know. a mad man see's other pple as mad.

1 Like

Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by VerifiedStalin: 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2019
To each their own.
Re: The Shows On The CW Suck So Bad. by Delacroix6(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
CW sucks balls.
I stopped watching The vampire diaries two years ago. Stopped at season 2.
I don't know why I thought to pick it up again.
I really tried to enjoy it but it just keeps getting bad.
Too much plot amours and everything has to be about Elena... Fuckin' dumb show...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smallville Vs Flash Vs Arrow.. Which Is The Best / Episodes Of 'Mark Of Uru': A Nigerian Cartoon / Zee World Series Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.