Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:38 AM

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers (67970 Views)

Hey Book Lovers! What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? / Would This Fly For Book Lovers? / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2016
luxanne:

Reply my email so that I can have the book forwarded

Done, ma'am.

Yeah.
My kind. kindly forward to me

Right away!

And I just started reading Americanah, still in Chapter 1 tho. I've made up my mind to read the book in transit, that's the best I can do for now smiley

Or you could download the audio version - it's more fun and it would expedite the process of reading the book.

How long does it take you to read say for example a 400-page book? And let's assume you had ample time and minimal distraction.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by MizMyColi(f): 9:33am On Aug 19, 2016
luxanne:
MizMyColi darling smiley

Shweetyy kiss kiss kiss
Good Morning Eehh cheesy
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Jerrypotter97(m): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2016
50 shades of grey n Co very intersting
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by sinizia: 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
darkenedrebel:
Luxanne, do you read Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series?. I'd be disappointed if your answer is not in the affirmative.

I'm reading Scandal in Bohemia at the moment, you should check it out!!

Obinoscopy, how about a Whatsapp group for the book club, for a more robust experience and to facilitate rapid and better communication among members?

I need both the Sherlock series and the Bohemia one. Mail them to me.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by ojoj(m): 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
#fortheloveofbooks I need soft copy of any book on leadership and also any of Ben Carson's books. Thanks.
My email yusufojeyinka@yahoo.com
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by quintybabe(f): 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
Memunah:

am very much interested please... oyebolawal@gmail.com..thanks
I have sent it, please check your mail
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Memunah(f): 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
quintybabe:
I have sent it, please check your mail
seen, thanks alot.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by sinizia: 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Iamwestafrican, I've replied.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by ikbnice(m): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2016
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Han Christain Andersen page 6(pdf)

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by chemicalT(m): 8:00am On Aug 21, 2016
good morning.. pls who have d pdf of d book: My Watch by Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. will appreciate if I can get it.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by layez: 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jeffery Archer is actually a cool writer too..... Check his Clifton series... Stat with Only time will tell, interesting book
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by styless(f): 12:34am On Aug 22, 2016
Who has the concluding part of this book?

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kaybams1(m): 5:19am On Aug 22, 2016
layez:
Jeffery Archer is actually a cool writer too..... Check his Clifton series... Stat with Only time will tell, interesting book

Yea, he is. Read one of his short stories collections then: To cut a long story short. It was impressive.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by nanphill: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
ephi123:
#fortheloveofbooks The Sacred Search by Gary Thomas

If you are a Christian single who is serious about his/her faith, do NOT get married until you read The Sacred Search (Gary Thomas). It sets things in proper perspective. Very amazing book. Recommended it to all my friends and they couldn't thank me enough.

Hello, please was searching for this book when i saw this, ca you please tell me how i can get this book? Thanks in advance
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by ephi123(f): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
nanphill:

Hello, please was searching for this book when i saw this, ca you please tell me how i can get this book? Thanks in advance

Hello. You can get it from Amazon. There is a kindle version as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sacred-Search-Gary-Thomas/dp/1434704890

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by quintybabe(f): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
ephi123:
#fortheloveofbooks The Sacred Search by Gary Thomas

If you are a Christian single who is serious about his/her faith, do NOT get married until you read The Sacred Search (Gary Thomas). It sets things in proper perspective. Very amazing book. Recommended it to all my friends and they couldn't thank me enough.
Can you please send it to me at quintybabe@gmail.com, thanks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by ephi123(f): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
quintybabe:

Can you please send it to me at quintybabe@gmail.com, thanks

Sorry I don't have the pdf version, I got a paperback copy from amazon.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Done, ma'am.

Right away

Seen nada.

Or you could download the audio version - it's more fun and it would expedite the process of reading the book.

Sounds awesome.

How long does it take you to read say for example a 400-page book? And let's assume you had ample time and minimal distraction.

2 days.

The book will have to be an interesting read, one I can't help but finish reading because am intrigued to know what happened next.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

Shweetyy kiss kiss kiss
Good Morning Eehh cheesy

kiss kiss

Hey dear smiley

You know, I wanted chatting you up only not to find your contact on my whatsapp anymore. Send me a beep will you.

Plus, am looking for someone to read and gossip this americanah book with, read it? smiley
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
sinizia:

I need both the Sherlock series and the Bohemia one. Mail them to me.

Hey Sinizia,

Been a crazy while, trust you've been good. smiley
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by MizMyColi(f): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
luxanne:

kiss kiss

Hey dear smiley

You know, I wanted chatting you up only not to find your contact on my whatsapp anymore. Send me a beep will you.

Plus, am looking for someone to read and gossip this americanah book with, read it? smiley

Let me message you first cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kaybams1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
luxanne:

kiss kiss

Obinoscopy has gone AWOL....would have been a good review partner.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by quintybabe(f): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
ephi123:

Sorry I don't have the pdf version, I got a paperback copy from amazon.
It's alright, I saw the audio book online but didn't download because I prefer it e-book, I will have to make do with that. Thanks anyways
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by ephi123(f): 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
quintybabe:

It's alright, I saw the audio book online but didn't download because I prefer it e-book, I will have to make do with that. Thanks anyways

No problem. It's a great book, def worth reading.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Supremor(m): 6:37am On Aug 23, 2016
ephi123:

No problem. It's a great book, def worth reading.
please who else can assist with the book The sacred search
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Obinoscopy(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Obinoscopy, how about a Whatsapp group for the book club, for a more robust experience and to facilitate rapid and better communication among members?
Good idea, but I think this forum is also a good communication channel if we utilise it efficiently. Also we stand a risk of flouting Rule 22 if we are to implement your suggestion. But if you know how to go about it without flouting the forum rules then you can give it a try.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Obinoscopy(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
kaybams1:

Obinoscopy has gone AWOL....would have been a good review partner.
So so sorry for going AWOL. I'm back now.

Cc: LuxLuv
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kaybams1(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
Obinoscopy:
So so sorry for going AWOL. I'm back now.

Cc: LuxLuv

lolz...nice having you back.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by queenfav(f): 7:54am On Aug 24, 2016
#fortheloveofbooks I started reading Oprah winfrey's book titled "what i know for sure".Its filled with insightful wisdom alongside tit bits of her autobiography.She wrote;
"When was the last time you laughed till your sides hurt? Or smiled so hard your eyes crinkled?More to the point, if your life ended tomorrow, what would you regret not doing? If this were the last day of your life, would you spend it the way you’re spending today?The gift of deciding to face your mortality without turning away or flinching is the gift of recognizing that because you will die, you must live now. Whether you flounder or flourish is always in your hands—you are the single biggest influence in your life.Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.
You have the choice this very moment—the only moment you have for certain. I hope you aren’t so wrapped up in nonessential stuff that you forget to really enjoy yourself—because this moment is about to be over. I hope you’ll look back and remember today as the day you decided to make every moment count, to relish each hour as if there would never be another. And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."

On her love for reading;

"Give me a great novel or memoir, some tea, and a cozy spot to curl up in, and I’m in heaven! I love to live in another person’s thoughts; I marvel at the bonds I feel with people who come alive on the page, regardless of how different their circumstances might be from mine. I not only feel I know these people, but I also recognize more of myself. Insight, information, knowledge, inspiration, power: All that and more can come through a good book."

I am literally in book heaven,savoring each page like i never want this book to get to the end.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by rubi96(f): 9:55am On Aug 24, 2016
queenfav:
#fortheloveofbooks I started reading Oprah winfrey's book titled "what i know for sure".Its filled with insightful wisdom alongside tit bits of her autobiography.She wrote;
"When was the last time you laughed till your sides hurt? Or smiled so hard your eyes crinkled?More to the point, if your life ended tomorrow, what would you regret not doing? If this were the last day of your life, would you spend it the way you’re spending today?The gift of deciding to face your mortality without turning away or flinching is the gift of recognizing that because you will die, you must live now. Whether you flounder or flourish is always in your hands—you are the single biggest influence in your life.Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.
You have the choice this very moment—the only moment you have for certain. I hope you aren’t so wrapped up in nonessential stuff that you forget to really enjoy yourself—because this moment is about to be over. I hope you’ll look back and remember today as the day you decided to make every moment count, to relish each hour as if there would never be another. And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."

On her love for reading;

"Give me a great novel or memoir, some tea, and a cozy spot to curl up in, and I’m in heaven! I love to live in another person’s thoughts; I marvel at the bonds I feel with people who come alive on the page, regardless of how different their circumstances might be from mine. I not only feel I know these people, but I also recognize more of myself. Insight, information, knowledge, inspiration, power: All that and more can come through a good book."

I am literally in book heaven,savoring each page like i never want this book to get to the end.
Please send it to me it's an ebook. Thanks. My email is whyteruby96@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kaybams1(m): 11:33am On Aug 24, 2016
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kaybams1(m): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2016
queenfav:

On her love for reading;

"Give me a great novel or memoir, some tea, and a cozy spot to curl up in, and I’m in heaven! I love to live in another person’s thoughts;

I can relate with that. #fortheloveofbooks

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply)

Tales Of Abigail / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.