Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers (68356 Views)

Hey Book Lovers! What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? / Would This Fly For Book Lovers? / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by aalangel(f): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2016
I need to read the conclusion of "Not My Thing" by James Hardley Chase. Read it like 20 years ago, but the book was torn. I've searched for it online and offline.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by HybridMan: 8:07am On Aug 03, 2016
Readers are leaders..

I need Brian Tracy "No excuse" Power of Self dicpline.....

Dubai Sheik "My vision"

Richest Man in babylon

Pls if you can help send to munex007@yahoo.com
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by oluzdreamz(m): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2016
Memunah:
Hello house...have got some john grisham books...indicate if you are interested in having them #fortheloveof books
I am interested ,olumide.oguntolu@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 03, 2016
kunmi92:
#fortheloveofbooks
winkLiterature is life!!!never forget 'ROMEO and JULIET' wink the reckless lovers wink !risk family honour,belittle death just to b together and they live 'happily hereafter' grin
Talk about 'MACBETH' the witches, ma favourite characters grin (3wierd sisters) are prophets who hail Macbeth, the general wink, early in the play, and prophesy his ascent to king. Upon killing the king and ascending the throne of Scotland, Macbeth hears them ambiguously prophesy
his eventual downfall. The darkly
contradictory witches, their "filthy" trappings
and supernatural activities, all set an
ominous tone for the play. I kinda like dose witches grin
I never forget you sire Shakespeare!the writer that is a jealous idol!he never allows distraction wen passing his messages or you miss it all :-#

*Yawns
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by pamcode(m): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2016
# for the love of books. Please is there anyone here that has all e-books of Game of thrones and harry potter and the cursed Child pls send to emmzowo@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by petrov10: 8:10am On Aug 03, 2016
has anyone read harryptter and the cursed child yet?
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 03, 2016
Now that I think about it, I haven't read any real novel in a long while.

The last ones I read was Dragons of a vanquished moon. the last in the Dragon Lance series, and maze runner, the first in the maze runner series. I started Hunger games, but having watched the movie, I got bored with the predictability and stopped reading after a few chapters.

Right now though, I'm Forging through Advanced Engineering Mathematics by K.A Stroud, University physics by young and freedman, And raspberry pi for dummies.

I recently finished reading Second chance, 8 military lessons for entrepreneurs, and business school for those who like to help people, by Robert Kiyosaki. his disdain for education is infuriating, but he has some points. and he gets 10+ points for referencing buck-minister fuller in Second chance.

I also recently read Elon Musk's paper on the HyperLoop, If you're an engineer or physicist, you should have a look at this. The concept is totally awesome.

I have jonathan living seagul by Richard bach, and the people who recommended it claim that It's a really awesome book.

Other books that I've read and recommend are the Hitchhiker series. It begins with the HitchHiker's guide to the galaxy. Awesome novel. Also Lord of the Rings(duhhhh) Chronicles of Narnia(Duhhhhhhh) The silmarillion.(A ha!) And the Artemis fowl series. Although I've only read the first one in full and summaries of the other ones, I'm pretty sure The entire series is worth it. cool

That's it for now.

#ForTheLoveOfBooks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:11am On Aug 03, 2016
pamcode:
# for the love of books. Please is there anyone here that has all e-books of Game of thrones and harry potter and the cursed Child pls send to emmzowo@gmail.com. Thanks
Check piratebay mate
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Victorakats(m): 8:11am On Aug 03, 2016
A Raging River by Amara Van-Lare is a biography of an ambitious, beautiful, fair and focused little girl, Chika by name who was groomed by her Godly parents and instilled with the virtues of obedience, respect, humility, hardwork and devotion to prayers and the word of God.
She nursed the ambition to become a surgeon due to her flair for biology but fate had so much in store for her.
Love came knocking with tons of appreciation and adulation for her beauty, and Jim and John will wrestle with their wealth and writing to win her heart.
Read : http://www.amaraofficial.com/2016/06/book-review-raging-river-by-amara-vanlare.html

One of the most horrific books I've read in my life.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2016
Starting "Leviathan Wakes" by James S. A Correy today.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by oluzdreamz(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2016
Obinoscopy:
Sure

Send me a pm.
hi bro,I don't mind getting a copy too, ***@Gmail.com,thanks boss.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by pamcode(m): 8:15am On Aug 03, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

Check piratebay mate
is piratebay a website bro.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by bb4coker(m): 8:15am On Aug 03, 2016
Welcomme:
E book of richest man in Babylon and Rich dad poor dad...please

I have both. It goes for just #500. I still have more books of that niche in stock.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by sauceEEP(m): 8:17am On Aug 03, 2016
Drefan2:

Please can you post the link here? I have read only one of Adichie's works - Purple Hibiscus - and would like to read other books authored by her. Have visited most of the bookshops in my area to purchase hard copies, but surprisingly, none has any of Chimamanda's books so I'm left but to settle for soft copies. Helping me out on this will really go a long way.
It will ease the stress and keep me occupied for the while after having to ransack the internet without positive results.
Visit bookzz.org and type any author on the search box...
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 03, 2016
Alright. Since here is a haven for booklovers such as myself, I think it will be in everyone's interest if we post links to books we have that others may desire and do our best to help in any way we can.

Here is an epub site containing thousands of books of many authors:
http://english.htu.cn/ePub.html

Below are some books you will find there on the site:

- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene

- Stephen Kings

- Dan Browns

- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

- The Harry Potter series

- The Wheel of Time series

- Percy Jackson series

- Lord of The Rings series

- Robert Ludlums

- The Godfather by Mario Puzo

- Nora Roberts

- George Owells

- Charles Dickens

- John Grishams

- Agatha Christies

- Terry Goodkinds

- Game of Thrones series

- Pride and Prejudice

- The Notebook

- king Solomon's mines & Treasure Island

- James Bond series

. . . And countless others.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by oluzdreamz(m): 8:17am On Aug 03, 2016
Welcomme:
E book of richest man in Babylon and Rich dad poor dad...please
hi bro please can I get them?my mail is:olumide.oguntolu@Gmail.com,thanks!
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Akalia(m): 8:18am On Aug 03, 2016
OP does this platform tolerate advertising one's book? ; my debut non-fiction book will be out before year end- it is entitled 'little gods'- my book expounds the essence of man and what true purpose in life is all about. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Obinoscopy(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2016
oluzdreamz:
hi bro,I don't mind getting a copy too, ***@Gmail.com,thanks boss.
Sent
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by vikaosi: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2016
For anybody who is in the field of psychiatry or what's to understand depression, schizophrenia, etc, DARKNESS VISIBLE by William Styron is a must read. One can easily download it. After reading that book, it will compel you to have some sympathy for mentally challenged people.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by sinaj(f): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2016
Please who has the e book of Spirit Controlled Temperament.

Pls snd it to sinajchinda@gmail.com

Thank u smiley
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by alorax2(f): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2016
#for the love of books abeg where can I get the bottled leopard, the great ponds, effuru, arrow of god,and this one a time to kill by John grisham, weda hard or soft copy I need them, though I have read them all before
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2016
I'm a huge fan of John Grisham.... I enjoyed The pelican brief, The king of torts, The firm, The testament, The Client.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by sinaj(f): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2016
vikaosi:
For anybody who is in the field of psychiatry or what's to understand depression, schizophrenia, etc, DARKNESS VISIBLE by William Styron is a must read. One can easily download it. After reading that book, it will compel you to have some sympathy for mentally challenged people.
Pls do u have the e.book
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2016
alorax2:
#for the love of books abeg where can I get the bottled leopard, the great ponds, effuru, arrow of god,and this one a time to kill by John grisham, weda hard or soft copy I need them, though I have read them all before
You can get more than 15 of John Grisham's books here: http://english.htu.cn/ePub.html
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2016
sauceEEP:
Visit bookzz.org and type any author on the search box...
Ok. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2016
Double post
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by God2man(m): 8:27am On Aug 03, 2016
Noted.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Preciousseed(m): 8:28am On Aug 03, 2016
#fortheloveofbooks. Great thread for great leaders......*readers are leaders* Have read the following: Rich dad poor dad Cash flow quadrant (both by Robert Kiyosaki) Richest man in Babylon by George Clason. Why you act the way you do by Tim Lahaye(Rip) Imitation is limitation by John mason overcoming the enemy called average by john mason currently reading Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill. And other motivational/inspirational books.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by stag: 8:29am On Aug 03, 2016
Hi peeps!
Please does anyone have volumes of 'The Great Books Foundation', the seventh year course. Each volume has two books in it.
I have volume 1 (Gorgias -Plato, On The Soul -Aristotle) and
volume 5 (Fundamental Principles of The Metaphysics of Morals -KantK, Faust -Goethe)

Now I am looking for volumes 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8.

Anybody? #fortheloveofbooks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by pamcode(m): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2016
Victorakats:
A Raging River by Amara Van-Lare is a biography of an ambitious, beautiful, fair and focused little girl, Chika by name who was groomed by her Godly parents and instilled with the virtues of obedience, respect, humility, hardwork and devotion to prayers and the word of God.
She nursed the ambition to become a surgeon due to her flair for biology but fate had so much in store for her.
Love came knocking with tons of appreciation and adulation for her beauty, and Jim and John will wrestle with their wealth and writing to win her heart.
Read : http://www.amaraofficial.com/2016/06/book-review-raging-river-by-amara-vanlare.html

One of the most horrific books I've read in my life.
horrific? Is the novel bad or it a horror novel.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by layez: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2016
MidasTouche01:

I have all the series....

I just finished reading the Lost Symbol, now moving on to Inferno (these books are addictive)
Addictive and am proudly addicted to it...i got all his books@hardcopy cos of the love for it,read all of his books...
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by vikaosi: 8:39am On Aug 03, 2016
sinaj:
Pls do u have the e.book
Yes, I do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply)

As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller / Tales Of Abigail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.