Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Things Never To Say In A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things Never To Say In A Job Interview (24562 Views)

Why Should I Hire You? What To Say In Your Interview / Seven Things Never To Include On Your CV / 9 Things You Should Never Say In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Buildingthelife(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
This issue has made many people lose diverse job opportunities. Many actions caused by nervousness or a sense of ‘know it all’ can make potential employers decline your application. The reason for failing job interviews does not depend only on your deficient qualification, your character and choice of words is another criterion to watch, if you are to scale through an interview. Most people put humour to their work, and forget that the tone in which they voice out words matters a lot. Well, are you tired of failing interviews? One of these outlined below has probably been your stumbling block, Seat back and read this article till the very last full stop, adjust with these points and see how your next interview takes a turn.

I’m Sorry, I’m Late: You are late to an interview? (*surprised)

I’m Nervous: This statement is not fancied by interviewers. No company wants a person who lacks self confidence. You may be nervous, it’s allowed, but don’t show that you are, and most importantly never voice it out. If you can’t hide your nervousness, I advice you practice in that department before going for an interview. In the organization I used to work, I’ve seen people shiver, shake and mutter during interviews, trust me they never get to see that office again. Treat this issue.

Please When Would This Interview Be Over? : Never give the impression of being in a hurry, you would just be simply saying to the interviewer that you have another job, and need a job with extra value. No employer accepts this. I had once been interviewed in a computer café, and at the same time trying to beat time to another organization to submit my credentials, guess what? I got neither of the jobs. In short, never put a tight schedule around your interview hours.

I and My Former Boss Didn’t Get Along Well: The kind of questions that would be thrown at you and the kind of answers you give could throw you out the door in no time. Moreover, the interviewer would think you are a pain in the butt to work it.
When Are My Days Off? : If you start to make a list of this type of questions and throw it at the interviewers, you won’t even make it to the stage of submitting your passports and filling the employment, talk less about having your free time. It sends a wrong message across to the interviewer (he/she would think of you as the lazy type). Your focus should rather be to outline the measures you would take to improve the company’s productivity, even if it means working overtime. That’s what your employers expect.

I Left My Ex-company because I was poorly paid: Although this I a good reason to leave a company or organization, this issue should not be explained to the interviewer.

How Much Is My Salary: You are definitely going to get paid for your work, bringing up this issue early, sends a red signal to the interviewer. I advice you wait for this issue to be brought up by the interviewers.

I Don’t Have Much Experience: If you say this, you would be admitting that you are not worth the job. Be confident in yourself, the job you intend to have is going to be an experience, ain’t it?

I Really Need This Job: Do not send a sense of desperation to the interviewers. You should rather make them feel that the job really needs you, for what you are worth, you should get the job.

F-words: I strongly advice that you keep your lingual strictly on PG.

I Got Fired From My Ex-job: A person who says this at a job interview could as well kiss his dreams of working there goodbye. No company wants someone who was fired from a previous job.

]http://buildingthelife.com/13-things-never-to-say-in-a-job-interview-3/[/url]

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Mrbigman1(m): 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
F- words?
Who dose that seriously?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Buildingthelife(m): 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
Mrbigman1:
F- words?
Who dose that seriously?
Really bro, people slightly off the code do. Remember words like Damn Hell!, What tha ?? are f words
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Mrbigman1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
Buildingthelife:

Really bro, people slightly off the code do. Remember words like Damn Hell!, What tha ?? are f words

Ya, finally, na self control things.
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Buildingthelife(m): 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Ya, finally, na self control things.
No be small.
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by dotna(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2015
on point

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by dandydrey(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2015
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by haibe(m): 11:59am On Feb 23, 2015
People still say most of these things and get good jobs.. It just depends on the interviewers mindset. We don't have just one interviewer interviewing every job applicant

8 Likes

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Maczeelly(m): 11:59am On Feb 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 23, 2015
Hi
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 23, 2015
No matter what you say, if you won't get the job you won't. Just be prepared, pray and hope for good. cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by saxwizard(m): 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
Noted
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Baddestguyp(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by dexterinc2003: 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
When discussing the salary,tell them how much your former employer paid you,and how u have so much to offer which will justify a higher pay grade...dont just say,'oga na two hundred tasand naila last'....lol

3 Likes

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by macpetrus(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
Noted..
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Oziddy: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
Gatcha
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by yahx(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
Buildingthelife:
This issue has made many people lose diverse job opportunities. Many actions caused by nervousness or a sense of ‘know it all’ can make potential employers decline your application. The reason for failing job interviews does not depend only on your deficient qualification, your character and choice of words is another criterion to watch, if you are to scale through an interview. Most people put humour to their work, and forget that the tone in which they voice out words matters a lot. Well, are you tired of failing interviews? One of these outlined below has probably been your stumbling block, Seat back and read this article till the very last full stop, adjust with these points and see how your next interview takes a turn.

I’m Sorry, I’m Late: You are late to an interview? (*surprised)

I’m Nervous: This statement is not fancied by interviewers. No company wants a person who lacks self confidence. You may be nervous, it’s allowed, but don’t show that you are, and most importantly never voice it out. If you can’t hide your nervousness, I advice you practice in that department before going for an interview. In the organization I used to work, I’ve seen people shiver, shake and mutter during interviews, trust me they never get to see that office again. Treat this issue.

Please When Would This Interview Be Over? : Never give the impression of being in a hurry, you would just be simply saying to the interviewer that you have another job, and need a job with extra value. No employer accepts this. I had once been interviewed in a computer café, and at the same time trying to beat time to another organization to submit my credentials, guess what? I got neither of the jobs. In short, never put a tight schedule around your interview hours.

I and My Former Boss Didn’t Get Along Well: The kind of questions that would be thrown at you and the kind of answers you give could throw you out the door in no time. Moreover, the interviewer would think you are a pain in the butt to work it.
When Are My Days Off? : If you start to make a list of this type of questions and throw it at the interviewers, you won’t even make it to the stage of submitting your passports and filling the employment, talk less about having your free time. It sends a wrong message across to the interviewer (he/she would think of you as the lazy type). Your focus should rather be to outline the measures you would take to improve the company’s productivity, even if it means working overtime. That’s what your employers expect.

I Left My Ex-company because I was poorly paid: Although this I a good reason to leave a company or organization, this issue should not be explained to the interviewer.

How Much Is My Salary: You are definitely going to get paid for your work, bringing up this issue early, sends a red signal to the interviewer. I advice you wait for this issue to be brought up by the interviewers.

I Don’t Have Much Experience: If you say this, you would be admitting that you are not worth the job. Be confident in yourself, the job you intend to have is going to be an experience, ain’t it?

I Really Need This Job: Do not send a sense of desperation to the interviewers. You should rather make them feel that the job really needs you, for what you are worth, you should get the job.

F-words: I strongly advice that you keep your lingual strictly on PG.

I Got Fired From My Ex-job: A person who says this at a job interview could as well kiss his dreams of working there goodbye. No company wants someone who was fired from a previous job.

]http://buildingthelife.com/13-things-never-to-say-in-a-job-interview-3/[/url]
don't talk if u didn't brush your teeth angry

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Soso990240(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
Prayer,Composure,and Confidence does d Magic.Just dnt talk too much.
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by bastien: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
I wan shiiiit sire...... where una white house dey tongue

But no matter what u say or do,if you get the job #NaGodwin
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
ok
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
God's favour all the best!
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
I was here
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Abduletudaye(m): 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
Nice..noted..cool
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Skillz4u(m): 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
So on point, still gathering all the infors about interview b4 next year when I start applying insha Allah. Thanks
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by ElectronByte(m): 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
**All my bosses' wife had a thing for me** undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by DjHypno(m): 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
H
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by countsparrow: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
Okay

All d time wey we no talk am nko, Y d job no come

Abegi if my papa na Oga of him company, I fit use d f.word on top d interviewer without caution and still get d job... Capish!!!
Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by bosun11(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
wow..i just saw one of my bad habits in there...thanks for this information

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Say In A Job Interview by Mattpopson101: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / WAEC Is Recruiting For Assistant Examinations Officer (audit) / Remote Job: Please Which Online Course Can Get Me Good Remote Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.