Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Women And Self-objectification - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women And Self-objectification (15957 Views)

Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. / Nairaland guys and the Objectification Of Their Females. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women And Self-objectification by safarigirl(f): 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
Most times today, we watch music videos that depict women as sex objects, nothing more and maybe something less. Future mothers are seen as playthings to satisfy a man's pleasure and be done away with.
Most times, when we see such, we curse out the artistes and go on the internet to rant and rave for good measure

But why? I mean, can you really blame those artistes? Can you really blame those men who see women as sex objects, not people with brains in their heads, with great ideas, sharp intellects, just someone that would 'make sense' for a bang and brag?

No, I choose to not blame men, I choose to blame women. Because women have made fools of themselves more often than not while men look on, because women feel the need to take pictures of their naked thighs and overflowing breasts in bras and shirts that are two sizes too small and post them on social networks like Instagram, twitter, facebook, and even 2go (for christ's sake 2go? Are you for real?! angry)in a bid to snag one empty-headed, dimwit (the only class of guys who pay attention to such ladies)...who funny enough, after shagging her will feel the sick need to announce to the world about his latest 'conquest'

Case-in-point, there are these two chics on twitter who let's just say, aren't known for suggesting anything creative (...well, not in areas that affect humanity wink)...they had this fight on twitter where they both basically accused each other of sleeping with men for 'chicken change'

I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't hustle, but for the sake of all that is intelligent, keep yo' shiit to yo'self angry....the entire world need not know how many men you have kpanshed. I mean, we're all glad that certain people have active sex lives and insatiable libidos, hell, we're ecstatic for you, but we would rather concern ourselves with more pressing matters

I won't even go into the embarrassing and befuddling stewpidity which that Jombo chic that komole'd with Davido displayed by posting pictures of herself with a passed out Davido after a night of (what we assume was) sex.

Ladies, looks will only take you so far. Not everyone is Kim Kardashian or Amber Rose, and nobody can be either of those two ladies on this obodo naija that we are (unfortunately), you will only end up like either Afrocandy or Maheeda (3kobo po-rn 'stars', no be better market be that undecided)...so kindly stop advertising your wares. You're not the only one with a phat assss and perky boobiess, there are about 3.9 billion other people in the world who share those traits as well, so you have to distinguish yourself with something else

I doubt anyone knows anything concerning Chimamanda Adichie's physical 'gifts' because like I told my roomie, people are too busy analysing her 'brain' to give a rat's genitals about the size of her assss, if you're talented enough, people won't care about your physical attributes (ask Lupita N'yongo). Stand out, don't just be an asss and boobiess, be a person

God bless smiley

183 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Cutehector(m): 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
One thing I like abt life is d freedom of expression. D right to live as u like. Its all abt choice. So dear, u dnt need to kill urself over such behaviours, wen they get sense, dey wil stop. Your words are very good and I lyk it. Thumbs up.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Self-objectification by ronald4lif(m): 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
Word!

This is a very brilliant write up and even though I love viewing the images of women who display their wares but I also have to admit that they are the ones who have made men see them as sex objects and are good for sexual satisfaction only. Some girls makes it seem as if the only assets they have is their bo*bs, ass etc. They are quick to display it at any given opportunity. Sadly, if a girl doesn't display her wares she may not even get a toaster so you may hardly blame them too as women loves to be admired and wooed. This madness has to really stop. Like you said you can't blame guys, our eyes feeds on these wares

10 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
Long epistle of a baseless topic, even the gods won't read through.
There are women who stand out and are outstanding so stop complaining, it every woman's choice.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Brugo(m): 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Too much energy. Calm down.

This is how that useless philosophy called feminism starts.

3 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by jmoore(m): 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2015

8 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by aristocrazzy: 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
But that's not the issue. In a society where all eyes are on making money, what do you expect from the girls that are hustling with their body. Just leave them like that. Go and hustle your own way.

3 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by braine(m): 12:14am On Feb 21, 2015
Women have been objectified from time immemorial. So far they get paid and they enjoy the whole thing, no qualms. Every woman shouldn't be all that serious. We need entertainment

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by dechandel(f): 1:04am On Feb 21, 2015
Lol @3kobo IndecentStar...

When i made a comment about girls who share nudes few days back,some peeps said it was a dumb one..
The girls are to be blamed here..

Women objectify themselves and devalue their self worth..
Raunchy behaviour for some cheap acknowledgement for being what again?? Empowered olosho..

Also the social media made it a good business for them..
#teaminstahot
Milkfactoryondisplayforsomecheaplikes
Whywontwomenbethefishbrainhere?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 21, 2015
dechandel:
Lol @3kobo IndecentStar...

When i made a comment about girls who share nudes few days back,some peeps said it was a dumb one..
The girls are to be blamed here..

Women objectify themselves and devalue their self worth..
Rauncy behaviour for some cheap acknowledgement for being what again?? Empowered olosho..

Also the social media made it a good business for them..
#teaminstahot
Milkfactoryondisplayforsomecheaplikes
Whywontwomenbethefishbrainhere?

You are right. Most females are really putting a huge dent on the general image of women, creating unnecessary stereotypes.

By the way dechandel, are you Nigerian?

6 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by dechandel(f): 1:17am On Feb 21, 2015
missclassy:

You are right. Most females are really putting a huge dent on the general image of women, creating unnecessary stereotypes.

By the way dechandel, are you Nigerian?
Yes i am smiley.. Why

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 21, 2015
dechandel:
Yes i am smiley.. Why
Normally I am able to denote a persons ethnicity just by looking at them, but in your case I find it hard to. Hence my question
Which part of nigeria you from undecided

4 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Genea(f): 1:27am On Feb 21, 2015
d western world has contaminated our brain like virulent bacterias

4 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Danhumprey: 5:52am On Feb 21, 2015
dechandel:
Yes i am smiley.. Why
Are you light skinned?angry

8 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 21, 2015
Genea:
d western world has contaminated our brain like virulent bacterias

SMH...
Don't move a muscle.
Keep blaming the west for your waywardness.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Genea(f): 7:23am On Feb 21, 2015
Aprime:

SMH...
Don't move a muscle.
Keep blaming the west for your waywardness.

i didn't say i was wayward mister,stop putting words into my mouth

3 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 21, 2015
It will keep happening as long as the women folks feel the only thing they can offer to the world is their feminism,and nothing else..

Do we blame the men,HELL NO.

People will relate with you,the way you treat yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 21, 2015
U women ar very confused
U blame. Other women for. Men's stereotype
Yet blame men for rape

I don give up on understanding u people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 21, 2015
Damn op! when i saw the title, i had this relieve that someone (well a lady like me) is trying to stand out for ladies who are used or seen

as sex objects in the society, but you just ended up degrading those ladies. well it's your point and your opinion about objectification.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by dechandel(f): 8:32am On Feb 21, 2015
Danhumprey:
Are you light skinned?angry
Are you MrCork angry

7 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 21, 2015
Nice write up , can't believe I read it ALL. Only if such ladies will see reason with the Op and change for good,not 4gting those ladies that expose their cleavage b4 they will know their picture is fine.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Danhumprey: 9:41am On Feb 21, 2015
dechandel:
Are you MrCork angry
Just a simple question and she start cussin innocent people and later they complain they can't find man on nairaland. Gaddamit!angry

Now,back to the serious question. Sweery,are you light skin?undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Self-objectification by safarigirl(f): 9:51am On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:
Damn op! when i saw the title, i had this relieve that someone (well a lady like me) is trying to stand out for ladies who are used or seen

as sex objects in the society, but you just ended up degrading those ladies. well it's your point and your opinion about objectification.
correction, I didn't degrade them, they have done enough to degrade themselves, I'm just pinting out all of their BS cuz they end up not only making clowns of themselves, but of the rest of the womenfolk as well

I mean, have you ever seen two guys having heated arguments about the size of each other's D's anywhere? But some dolt feels the eediotic need to take a pic of her fat aSss and compare herself to Kim K....I really don't need to degrade them, they've done enough. You certainly didn't expect me to defend such disturbing stupidity

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Syphax(m): 9:59am On Feb 21, 2015
phrancez:
Long epistle of a baseless topic, even the gods won't read through.
There are women who stand out and are outstanding so stop complaining, it every woman's choice.

Yea,its every woman's choice but at times,you don't keep quiet when you see some idiots make the wrong choices.

Some girls don't have good upbringing,its our duty to show them the way.Don't say its none of your business because they might influence your children in future!

When you help others,you are helping yourself!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Karleb(m): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2015
Danhumprey:
Just a simple question and she start cussin innocent people and later they complain they can't find man on nairaland. Gaddamit!angry

Now,back to the serious question. Sweery,are you light skin?undecided

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Syphax(m): 10:09am On Feb 21, 2015
Brugo:
Too much energy. Calm down.

This is how that useless philosophy called feminism starts.

Comot for road jhor,you are one of the guys that believe that women should be trampled upon by men.Is your mum a housewife?Is your wife(?) a housewife?Do their status as housewives make you happy?

You need to be re-orientated!Women aren't an "Object for our sexual satisfaction".

A woman has to stand up for herself,stop calling her a feminist!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Syphax(m): 10:11am On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:

Taisez toi!Mechie Onu!Keep quiet!

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 21, 2015
Superb write up young lady.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women And Self-objectification by xynerise: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2015
Money, Fame, and Attention

These 3 factors are skin deep in most people's lives and deeper in a woman's life..These vixens you see on music videos have lost the sense of dignity and trivialized obscenity. You can never blame us men because they never sent those nud'e pictures or walk/dance half-nake'd under duress. The way I see exposed boobies and butts these days, I feel sorry for next generation of men.

6 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by PHgirl(f): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2015
Thank you, Op. Women are the architects of their own problems. undecided To think that what most of them gain is internet popularity and likes is saddening. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl:
correction, I didn't degrade them, they have done enough to degrade themselves, I'm just pinting out all of their BS cuz they end up not only making clowns of themselves, but of the rest of the womenfolk as well

I mean, have you ever seen two guys having heated arguments about the size of each other's D's anywhere? But some dolt feels the eediotic need to take a pic of her fat aSss and compare herself to Kim K....I really don't need to degrade them, they've done enough. You certainly didn't expect me to defend such disturbing stupidity
I totally understand your point of view and where you are

coming from with your point. You're actually talking about the women who just decided that they wanna show their booobs or asss on social media like Instagram. For example, if a girl was suppose to put a picture of not showing her breasts or ass, just a simple picture, she will not get as much likes, as she will, if she had a picture of her displaying her boobs. I'm not against you trying to prove this point that women are the cause of them being objectify, but first of all it's not in any way their fault! it's society.The idea that sex sell is a hallucinating idea, A false hope in some sense because when we try to sell sex, we try to sell subjectivity and objectivity, where men act as subjects and women acts as objects. And objects can never be empowered. So, even those models who are paid, they are not empowered, and they are not choosing it they are being forced to do it, As because of the existing male chauvinist society, where women are for being used for sex, to do work at home, to be a baby doll, etc.And that's what mainstream media tries to project and tries to sell women in this way.
In all those music videos, you will realize that women are unnecessarily asked to be dancing and shaking their ass! while men are in full clothes. most of the male singers are comfortable in clothes while female singers are overly sexualized and hyper sexualized to sell that music or video. It's not the fault of those women but it is the fault of those directors trying to promote those videos.

Anyways! your point wasn't bad. i understand where you were coming from.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do U Do! When Your Girl Frnd Stop Picking Your Calls N Neva Calls Back / Is It Wrong To Check Your Girlfriend's Facebook Account? / What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.