Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Women And Self-objectification - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women And Self-objectification (15955 Views)

Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. / Nairaland guys and the Objectification Of Their Females. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women And Self-objectification by lilmax(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2015
Feminism,confusing women since the beginning of it cheesy

When women are ready to change then we know they really mean business,young girls should have better role models to guide them not kim

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:
I totally understand your point of view and where you are

coming from with your point. You're actually talking about the women who just decided that they wanna show their booobs or asss on social media like Instagram. For example, if a girl was suppose to put a picture of not showing her breasts or ass, just a simple picture, she will not get as much likes, as she will, if she had a picture of her displaying her boobs. I'm not against you trying to prove this point that women are the cause of them being objectify, but first of all it's not in any way their fault! it's society.The idea that sex sell is a hallucinating idea, A false hope in some sense because when we try to sell sex, we try to sell subjectivity and objectivity, where men act as subjects and women acts as objects. And objects can never be empowered. So, even those models who are paid, they are not empowered, and they are not choosing it they are being forced to do it, As because of the existing male chauvinist society, where women are for being used for sex, to do work at home, to be a baby doll, etc.And that's what mainstream media tries to project and tries to sell women in this way.
In all those music videos, you will realize that women are unnecessarily asked to be dancing and shaking their ass! while men are in full clothes. most of the male singers are comfortable in clothes while female singers are overly sexualized and hyper sexualized to sell that music or video. It's not the fault of those women but it is the fault of those directors trying to promote those videos.

Anyways! your point wasn't bad. i understand where you were coming from.

Perhaps i do not completely understand your stance on this issue, but women are not the victims here. They seem to reason that all men are sex obsessed psycopaths, that can be aroused by displaying their privates. And in all honesty, men are moved by what they see. But the down side of it is that when a woman flaunts her sensual parts, she has reduced herself to a sex object. And that is her all men will see her. She will just be a tool for quenching erektion simple. its such a shame that the few decent ones are also mistaken for sex objects.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Self-objectification by dechandel(f): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2015
Danhumprey:
Just a simple question and she start cussin innocent people and later they complain they can't find man on nairaland. Gaddamit!angry

Now,back to the serious question. Sweery,are you light skin?undecided
Do you live in peckam? angry

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Karleb(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2015
^^^^^^

The two of you needs to be quarantined for making laugh so hard! grin grin grin grin grin grin

No offiense! angry

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by safarigirl(f): 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:

coming from with your point. You're actually talking about the women who just decided that they wanna show their booobs or asss on social media like Instagram. For example, if a girl was suppose to put a picture of not showing her breasts or ass, just a simple picture, she will not get as much likes, as she will, if she had a picture of her displaying her boobs. I'm not against you trying to prove this point that women are the cause of them being objectify, but first of all it's not in any way their fault! it's society.The idea that sex sell is a hallucinating idea, A false hope in some sense because when we try to sell sex, we try to sell subjectivity and objectivity, where men act as subjects and women acts as objects. And objects can never be empowered. So, even those models who are paid, they are not empowered, and they are not choosing it they are being forced to do it, As because of the existing male chauvinist society, where women are for being used for sex, to do work at home, to be a baby doll, etc.And that's what mainstream media tries to project and tries to sell women in this way.
In all those music videos, you will realize that women are unnecessarily asked to be dancing and shaking their ass! while men are in full clothes. most of the male singers are comfortable in clothes while female singers are overly sexualized and hyper sexualized to sell that music or video. It's not the fault of those women but it is the fault of those directors trying to promote those videos.

I'm mostly on the case of those women who don't get paid for the objectification

Then again, I've never been one to blame the society for anything, the people make the society so I will always blame the people. The sooner people stop blaming the society for all that is wrong and start the campaign to end he objectification of women, especially the females, the better for the society.

Jeez! I sound like some activist right now undecided

8 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
I can twerk for N5,000

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Danhumprey: 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
dechandel:
Do you live in peckam? angry
No! I live at Chatam House!

Sweery,be nice to me and I will give you £30. I drive a range rover spot(cash). undecided

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by BreezyRita(f): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:

Babe, and they do these things at gunpoint? Last I checked, no!
See?

5 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
The OP may have a point but let her not push it. To To suggest that most women will not become successful by reason of their looks alone is foolhardy. When we believe so much in something, we should put it in the right perspectives and context. She believes in the intellectualism of women, fine. Other women believe that their body parts alone can take them far. They have a case as well. The human female body is radically different from a man's body with respect to eliciting sexual arousal. If you aren't talking from a strictly moral or ethical point of view, you should drop it.

5 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by dechandel(f): 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
Danhumprey:
No! I live at Chatam House!

Sweery,be nice to me and I will give you £30. I drive a range rover spot(cash). undecided
2004 land rover you mean? No offeinse angry
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
If women dont flaunt their "assets" what will they now do on twitter again, discuss politics? LMAO not sure the Korolettes would agree.
One mad wise man once said,

"The only thing worse than seeing a woman as just a sex object, is to not see her as one at all"

The Bum Bum business is a billion dollar industry. They should ply their trade well. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by irunobo3(f): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
[s]
safarigirl:
Most times today, we watch music videos that depict women as sex objects, nothing more and maybe something less. Future mothers are seen as playthings to satisfy a man's pleasure and be done away with.
Most times, when we see such, we curse out the artistes and go on the internet to rant and rave for good measure

But why? I mean, can you really blame those artistes? Can you really blame those men who see women as sex objects, not people with brains in their heads, with great ideas, sharp intellects, just someone that would 'make sense' for a bang and brag?

No, I choose to not blame men, I choose to blame women. Because women have made fools of themselves more often than not while men look on, because women feel the need to take pictures of their naked thighs and overflowing breasts in bras and shirts that are two sizes too small and post them on social networks like Instagram, twitter, facebook, and even 2go (for christ's sake 2go? Are you for real?! angry)in a bid to snag one empty-headed, dimwit (the only class of guys who pay attention to such ladies)...who funny enough, after shagging her will feel the sick need to announce to the world about his latest 'conquest'

Case-in-point, there are these two chics on twitter who let's just say, aren't known for suggesting anything creative (...well, not in areas that affect humanity wink)...they had this fight on twitter where they both basically accused each other of sleeping with men for 'chicken change'

I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't hustle, but for the sake of all that is intelligent, keep yo' shiit to yo'self angry....the entire world need not know how many men you have kpanshed. I mean, we're all glad that certain people have active sex lives and insatiable libidos, hell, we're ecstatic for you, but we would rather concern ourselves with more pressing matters

I won't even go into the embarrassing and befuddling stewpidity which that Jombo chic that komole'd with Davido displayed by posting pictures of herself with a passed out Davido after a night of (what we assume was) sex.

Ladies, looks will only take you so far. Not everyone is Kim Kardashian or Amber Rose, and nobody can be either of those two ladies on this obodo naija that we are (unfortunately), you will only end up like either Afrocandy or Maheeda (3kobo po-rn 'stars', no be better market be that undecided)...so kindly stop advertising your wares. You're not the only one with a phat assss and perky boobiess, there are about 3.9 billion other people in the world who share those traits as well, so you have to distinguish yourself with something else

I doubt anyone knows anything concerning Chimamanda Adichie's physical 'gifts' because like I told my roomie, people are too busy analysing her 'brain' to give a rat's genitals about the size of her assss, if you're talented enough, people won't care about your physical attributes (ask Lupita N'yongo). Stand out, don't just be an asss and boobiess, be a person

God bless smiley

[/s]

Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
FINALLY THE FIGHT HAS BEEN FIXED.........MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO; MAY 2ND.
CANT WAIT

3 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by haibe(m): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl:
Most times today, we watch music videos that depict women as sex objects, nothing more and maybe something less. Future mothers are seen as playthings to satisfy a man's pleasure and be done away with.
Most times, when we see such, we curse out the artistes and go on the internet to rant and rave for good measure

But why? I mean, can you really blame those artistes? Can you really blame those men who see women as sex objects, not people with brains in their heads, with great ideas, sharp intellects, just someone that would 'make sense' for a bang and brag?

No, I choose to not blame men, I choose to blame women. Because women have made fools of themselves more often than not while men look on, because women feel the need to take pictures of their naked thighs and overflowing breasts in bras and shirts that are two sizes too small and post them on social networks like Instagram, twitter, facebook, and even 2go (for christ's sake 2go? Are you for real?! angry)in a bid to snag one empty-headed, dimwit (the only class of guys who pay attention to such ladies)...who funny enough, after shagging her will feel the sick need to announce to the world about his latest 'conquest'

Case-in-point, there are these two chics on twitter who let's just say, aren't known for suggesting anything creative (...well, not in areas that affect humanity wink)...they had this fight on twitter where they both basically accused each other of sleeping with men for 'chicken change'

I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't hustle, but for the sake of all that is intelligent, keep yo' shiit to yo'self angry....the entire world need not know how many men you have kpanshed. I mean, we're all glad that certain people have active sex lives and insatiable libidos, hell, we're ecstatic for you, but we would rather concern ourselves with more pressing matters

I won't even go into the embarrassing and befuddling stewpidity which that Jombo chic that komole'd with Davido displayed by posting pictures of herself with a passed out Davido after a night of (what we assume was) sex.

Ladies, looks will only take you so far. Not everyone is Kim Kardashian or Amber Rose, and nobody can be either of those two ladies on this obodo naija that we are (unfortunately), you will only end up like either Afrocandy or Maheeda (3kobo po-rn 'stars', no be better market be that undecided)...so kindly stop advertising your wares. You're not the only one with a phat assss and perky boobiess, there are about 3.9 billion other people in the world who share those traits as well, so you have to distinguish yourself with something else

I doubt anyone knows anything concerning Chimamanda Adichie's physical 'gifts' because like I told my roomie, people are too busy analysing her 'brain' to give a rat's genitals about the size of her assss, if you're talented enough, people won't care about your physical attributes (ask Lupita N'yongo). Stand out, don't just be an asss and boobiess, be a person

God bless smiley

I am following you now in place of ireneony which I just unfollowed. I like ladies that are intelligent and full of sense, not the attention seekers and unintelligent . I love this post not because you are 100% correct but because you can think.

5 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
Safarigirl,

where there is demand, there is supply. It is as simple as that.

If some women choose to take this path, so be it. It is their life and their choice.

My solution: Control your media habits. I am rarely confronted with such women because I rarely watch TV and if I do, I choose educative programs. I don't read fashion or celebrity gossip, I don't watch music videos, I don't even listen to low quality radio stations.

You create your own world and you can, to some extent, choose what you want to see.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nimrod81: 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
Love the way you write and you did the topic justice.. Women earn respect.. Chicks, shorties, babes live for the moment and always sell themselves short....

5 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by haibe(m): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:
[s][/s]

Rubbish

Someone is a por.n star wannabe

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by pweshboi(m): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl:

God bless smiley

I guess uve said it all, I always wonder why ladies this days still see thereselves as sex objects and they are not even ashamed of it all in d name of self expression. Good examples of ngozi adichie and lupita... I always look at these 2 ladies and have great respect for them but I can't say the same for my other dear boobs nd bras exposing ladies. Ar dese girls not ashamed? Like they prefer you calling them block heads and sexy at the same time than they really sitting down to think and emulate good and beautiful ladies our society have.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by major466(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
A word is enough for the wise. Great article.

3 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:
Damn op! when i saw the title, i had this relieve that someone (well a lady like me) is trying to stand out for ladies who are used or seen

as sex objects in the society, but you just ended up degrading those ladies. well it's your point and your opinion about objectification.
Why do you have Alicia Keys as your DP this time around? She's a beauty anyway. cheesy
Re: Women And Self-objectification by realGURU(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Women And Self-objectification by ireneony(f): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
haibe:

I am following you now in place of ireneony which I just unfollowed. I like ladies that are intelligent and full of sense, not the attention seekers and unintelligent . I love this post not because you are 100% correct but because you can think.
i never begged you to follow me..
like say dem de pay person for followershipgrin
guy go to hell i dont give a fvck.
to those who are fed up of my attitude, pls unfollow me!.
i can never displease myself to please people.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nicklaus(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:
Damn op! when i saw the title, i had this relieve that someone (well a lady like me) is trying to stand out for ladies who are used or seen

as sex objects in the society, but you just ended up degrading those ladies. well it's your point and your opinion about objectification.
Objectification has no twin love. The OP hit the baseline.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Neplusultra(f): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl:

God bless smiley

Daz all

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
Brugo:
Too much energy. Calm down.

This is how that useless philosophy called feminism starts.
Wereyy cheesy
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nicklaus(m): 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
Danhumprey:
Just a simple question and she start cussin innocent people and later they complain they can't find man on nairaland. Gaddamit!angry

Now,back to the serious question. Sweery,are you light skin?undecided
hahahahahaha grin , this guy sef. Don't worry maybe when she turns 30 you can remind her.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Aystarz: 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
I dunno guys but for me, this is by far safarigirl's best post on NL! Finally a safarigirl-post void of controversy!

Brilliant delivery!
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Mutuwa(m): 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nice write up Op..thing is you cannot change the world..change urself first and the ones who will care to listen to u.I dnt know if you know this fact "that there is prostitution in some women" ?
Re: Women And Self-objectification by haibe(m): 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
ireneony:

Yes I know you don't GAF.. and that's why you portray yourself as a dumbass all over nairaland all in the name of an empty E-Popularity

3 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nicklaus(m): 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl:
correction, I didn't degrade them, they have done enough to degrade themselves, I'm just pinting out all of their BS cuz they end up not only making clowns of themselves, but of the rest of the womenfolk as well

I mean, have you ever seen two guys having heated arguments about the size of each other's D's anywhere? But some dolt feels the eediotic need to take a pic of her fat aSss and compare herself to Kim K....I really don't need to degrade them, they've done enough. You certainly didn't expect me to defend such disturbing stupidity
I like this girl,, why don't u change ur username to safarberrycheesy .
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
ireneony:

*Fed up with.... / *tired of........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Self-objectification by realtem(m): 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Safarigirl,

where there is demand, there is supply. It is as simple as that.

If some women choose to take this path, so be it. It is their life and their choice.

My solution: Control your media habits. I am rarely confronted with such women because I rarely watch TV and if I do, I choose educative programs. I don't read fashion or celebrity gossip, I don't watch music videos, I don't even listen to low quality radio stations.

You create your own world and you can, to some extent, choose what you want to see.

I like this girl/lady/woman.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do U Do! When Your Girl Frnd Stop Picking Your Calls N Neva Calls Back / How Many Times Do You Masturbate Every Week ? / My Girl's Right Labia Minoria Is Longer Than The Left One. Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.