Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,145 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:41 AM

Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano (36938 Views)

Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot / Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot / Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 21, 2015
Wow cool I thought book was haram lipsrsealed
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Kingspin(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2015
Buhari will not like this. Dont copy me.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Truckpusher(m): 10:22am On Feb 21, 2015
symbian03:

That is because you do not expect anything good from the north.

Change your mindset and be free from hatred ... love all regardless of their beliefs and geological locations.

stay blessed
You don't get it ,do you ?

What I'm saying in a layman's language is that every girl child in the North should be given equal opportunities .
I will not be happy with the northern elites propaganda about one single female pilot while hundreds if not thousands are being yanked off from the parents and forced into marriage at 14 against their wish.
I hope you got the message.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Truckpusher(m): 10:28am On Feb 21, 2015
Aprime:

C'mon don't segregate.

What difference will it make if she is from a lower background?

It still will be the same title: PILOT.

Can't you appreciate anything good?
Don't tell me you are not aware that lots of them are being forced into marriage at 14 while the elites are waxing stronger.

Here is my opinion. Until the daughters of the ordinary Hausa ,Kanuri and all other ethnic minorities in the North can be schooled and aspire to become whatever they want to be, I will not buy this propaganda emanating from the enslavers of the owners of the land.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Ahmed4002(m): 10:28am On Feb 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
You don't get it ,do you ?

What I'm saying in a layman's language is that every girl child in the North should be given equal opportunities .
I will not be happy with the northern elites propaganda about one single female pilot while hundreds if not thousands are being yanked off from the parents and forced into marriage at 14 against their wish.
I hope you got the message.

cc Rawani
give a cross section of the group photos.
Watch out for updates from other field of studies
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by victorD3: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2015
I thought it was a Sacrilage in Islam ?

Well you never know what is allowed and not allowed within the religion of peace .
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Ahmed4002(m): 10:43am On Feb 21, 2015
victorD3:
I thought it was a Sacrilage in Islam ?

Well you never know what is allowed and not allowed within the religion of peace .

quote a quranic injunction.
forget about media propaganda. Make research yourself not what you heard. Ask Google is your friend.

The first revelation self in the Quran was Read. seek knowledge
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Eluwilussit(m): 10:45am On Feb 21, 2015
Ahmed4002:
Meet Fatima Abba Gwadabe who has become the first commercial pilot in Kano state.

In order to reach her goal and become a top-ranked pilot, the Muslim woman has completed piloting Programs at Mid East Aviation Academy Jordan. She was among 100 of students who were sponsored by Kano Kwankwasiyya Government to study piloting at the Academy.

But it would be noted that Fatima hasn’t become a female pioneer in this difficult and challenging profession.
Two months ago all media reports exploded with the news about Nigeria’s first female helicopter captain, Abimbola Jayeola (Captain AB), emerged and made history that day.
Moreover, a female pilot has recently appeared in Katsina state. Ruqayya Suleiman was in the group of 15 other pilots trained in South Africa under a full Petroleum Trust Development Fund scholarship as international-certified commercial pilots.

The young woman not only got a unique profession, but managed to break the cultural barrier by acquiring a higher education which is quite unusual for girls from her area.

source
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/national/north/401599-the-first-muslim-female-pilot-in-kano.html

Well done, sister. I hope others will follow. We need to liberate the North.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by effyzie01(m): 10:50am On Feb 21, 2015
Ikengawo:
But if she takes off that head wrap in public she'll be assaulted.

Says who?
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by ignis: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2015
Nice one....
What a man can do, a lady can do better.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by ibe003(m): 11:22am On Feb 21, 2015
Aboki Pilot kor pilot ni, I am perceiving bomb blast
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by isan(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2015
KWAKWANSO of KANO vs T.A ORJi of ABIA ? grin

The first time I'm hearing good news from d north
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by anonimi: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Kanocity(m): 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hmmm... Kano: My city, my state. APC is performing here no be lie. Me too, on course to be in Turkey 4 my M. Tech in Automobile Engineering by the same KSG/kwankwasiyya oversea's masters program.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
Does it matter where the school is, what matters the human resources involve, you cited the school in the north and could not produce a female pilot until 2014, is it not backwardness?is not shameful that your clueless leaders has shortchange the talakwas?
Rawani:

Those pilots were very likely trained at the only Aviation Training School in Nigeria (NCAT Zaria), run by those people, and built within those 38 years they held power.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Dyoungstar: 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Phboy1:
Good morning Nairaland. Please how can one post a story in nairaland.?

Go to literature section and post it if it is a novel.

If it is a post about a particular issue, then look for a section that concerns with what your story relates with and create a thread for it there.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by anonimi: 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
stinggy:
You still haven't quoted the percentage, please do so using the crayons tongue angry

Me I don do the one wey I fit do with even plus including pinshures sef. I don try na abi you nor gree

Make you sef try small for the % grin cheesy
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
hormordunneey:

She wnt take it off cos she knws its essence
Yeah that's true my dear.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
Fatima Abba Gwadabe, sky is ur limit... Proud of u.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by stinggy(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
anonimi:

Me I don do the one wey I fit do with even plus including pinshures sef. I don try na abi you nor gree

Make you sef try small for the % grin cheesy

I jus dey luk u

But honestly isn't the feat not worth celebrating? That their state has high number of almajs doesn't mean when a good thing happens it shouldn't be celebrated bro.

Don't quote me without crayons again plsss angry cheesy cheesy
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
thaoriginator:
is it scarf that will fly the plane?Yeye brain.
Yeye brain that is better than yours. I know you think I made that comment based on religious intolerance but I said it because she won't be able to see full angle and turn unnecessarily to reach controls, I'm sure she removes it before flying.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by engrjacuzzi: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
opalu:
My fellow Engr Kwankwaso in action smiley APC has many good heads sha.
March4Buhari
engineers, always making a difference in this race of life. I'm proud to b an Engineer.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by fm4real2k6(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rawani:
Arewa leading the nation in Aviation since time immemorial. From training schools to airlines and pilots, the region has given a good account of itself. Kudos Fatima.

...and there are many more coming. Governor Kwankwaso has once again proven why he is a progressive and a leading light in the APC with his people-oriented programmes and projects. His strides in education/sports/urban renewal/manpower development is impeccable to say the least, and is worthy of commendation by even the opposition.

Engr. Kwankwaso for Minister of Education
Gov. Fashola (SAN) for Minister of Works
General Buhari (GCFR) for President

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1393010_1_out_of_100_pilots_sponsored_by_kwankwaso___oduah_take_note_jpg5e70e6d6295d848056182bfd65e24594

[img]http://2.bp..com/-EaMwTsF3HaU/UOVy08GW36I/AAAAAAAAAE4/1xVyZks8z5Y/s1600/MAKIA+.JPG[/img]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1670239_nwu_jpegd826e54ebbdfea74423a190347f8aa8c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2140025_img20141108203203_jpegb663d8c8dc2c8dec47b0c003fa5ba003
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2139708_kano1_jpeg2a1eefaec0c09a6e406c6c1a9649386f
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2139709_kano2_jpeg758647937f7fd658bddaf5373e0a2c20

[img]http://aitonline.tv/pix/NewsImages/7508.jpg[/img]

Please give us picture of the refubished Sanni Abacha stadium.
Thanks
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Deltagiant: 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rawani:
Arewa leading the nation in Aviation since time immemorial. From training schools to airlines and pilots, the region has given a good account of itself. Kudos Fatima.

...and there are many more coming. Governor Kwankwaso has once again proven why he is a progressive and a leading light in the APC with his people-oriented programmes and projects. His strides in education/sports/urban renewal/manpower development is impeccable to say the least, and is worthy of commendation by even the opposition.

Engr. Kwankwaso for Minister of Education
Gov. Fashola (SAN) for Minister of Works
General Buhari (GCFR) for President

@ the bolded,"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Rawani, RESPECT HISTORY, and click on the link below:
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/12/meet-nigerias-first-female-commercial.html

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by thexzy(m): 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ahmed4002:
Meet Fatima Abba Gwadabe who has become the first commercial pilot in Kano state.

In order to reach her goal and become a top-ranked pilot, the Muslim woman has completed piloting Programs at Mid East Aviation Academy Jordan. She was among 100 of students who were sponsored by Kano Kwankwasiyya Government to study piloting at the Academy.

But it would be noted that Fatima hasn’t become a female pioneer in this difficult and challenging profession.
Two months ago all media reports exploded with the news about Nigeria’s first female helicopter captain, Abimbola Jayeola (Captain AB), emerged and made history that day.
Moreover, a female pilot has recently appeared in Katsina state. Ruqayya Suleiman was in the group of 15 other pilots trained in South Africa under a full Petroleum Trust Development Fund scholarship as international-certified commercial pilots.

The young woman not only got a unique profession, but managed to break the cultural barrier by acquiring a higher education which is quite unusual for girls from her area.

source
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/national/north/401599-the-first-muslim-female-pilot-in-kano.html
Ahmed4002:

source
Ahmed4002:

source
9ice to know....congrats Hajia
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
sameer1212:
Yeah that's true my dear.

Yeah smiley
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by SenatorJames(m): 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ahmed4002:

source
Education is light. What can anybody promise this lady or what type of indoctrination can make this lady to be a suicide bomber?

God bless you Fatima as you progress in your choosen carrier.
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by enomakos(m): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
nice one
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by orble: 1:55am On Feb 22, 2015
asadike:
That's good news. congrats fatima. See as u put shekau and his book is haram followers to shame.

ha ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by laudate: 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
celeron40:
Nice!...Yoruba girls are busy twerking.

When Yoruba people descend on you now, you will start lamenting. Anyway, na wetin concern me? I go siddon for one corner do referee when the time comes.

Just try to get rid of your ignorance okay?

Hope this helps!

Captain Tolulope Ita, is a 37 years old lady from Ogun State married to an Akwa Ibom State man. They have a family of seven. She schooled in Lagos & attended Igbobi Girls High School and later proceeded to the University of Ilorin, where she got a degree in Computer Science after which she proceeded to the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT) Zaria for flying courses and graduated as a pilot and started working with Aero Contractors.

While in Aero, she did her Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) in the United States; that is a prequalification before becoming a captain and it costs a lot of money; between $5,000 and $10,000. And also did some training in auditing as well as a course in Flight Operations Management and she is presently the Fleet Manager of the Dash-8 aircraft in Aero Contractors.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/05/mysteries-surrounding-flying-made-become-pilot/

Captain Faith Odushola-Boegheim (the first and youngest female to become a captain on Aero’s Boeing 737 jet), started flying in 2000 after studying in South Africa for three years and began her career with Aero Contractors in 2002.

She is married to a pilot with a little girl.

Senior First Officers Hassana and Huseina Edili-Ogaji, have a combined total flying experience of seven years, nearly five of them with Aero Contractors.
http://www.jetlifenigeria.com/2013/07/aeros-fly-girls/

Imoleayo Adebule is one of Nigeria’s youngest female pilots. Intelligent, daring, and confident are three words that best describe the tenacity with which she passed through one of the most complex schools in the world – Flying School, to obtain her license as a Commercial Pilot.

Imoleayo has excelled in a profession that is not only averse to people of her gender, but quite difficult even to people of the opposite sex. Having graduated at the top of her class at the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Kaduna, she now works with Aero Contractors where she is making giant strides
. http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/01/05/a-young-woman-soaring-with-wings-meet-nigerian-commercial-pilot-imoleayo-adebule-flying-the-skies-at-23/

Blessing Liman was commissioned as a Combat Flying Officer alongside 126 others who finished the Direct Short Service Course 2010/2011 Cadets of the 325 Ground Training Group at the Nigerian Air Force Base, Kaduna. Present at the winging ceremony (badge decoration) was the then Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Mohammad Dikko Umar who described her training as a 'very laudable achievement'.

Before her winging on Friday, 27th of April, 2012, she and other pilot officers (she was the only female) went for 12 months intensive flight training in various nations of the world -United States, Greece, Belarus, United Kingdom, Pakistan and Egypt. The Federal Government spent billions of naira on the training as $650,000 was spent on each trainee. The team came up with 14, well-trained fighter jet pilots. She enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force in July 2011 and was commissioned on the 9th of December, 2011. After her commissioning, she was nominated for the 2012 THISDAY Award for Excellence.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/21780/33/blessing-liman-nigerias-first-female-military-pilo.html

Captain Bolaji Agbelusi undoubtedly is a woman of history. She is the 8th woman pilot produced in Nigeria, the 5th female captain in Nigeria aviation industry and the first female pilot in Africa to fly an all female crew. She started nursing the ambition of flying at age seven. Married to an Anglican priest for over a decade, she still keeps her home while actively flying.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200904280616.html

Captain Chinyere Kalu former MD of NCAT began her career in 1978; she obtained her private pilot license from the nation’s premier aviation college. She had, before this, attended the prestigious Leadership and Citizen Course (SS88) Sea School, Lagos in 1973. burning with passion for excellence and self-development, Kalu, who is a member of the African Women Leaders Think Tank Group, has over the years, undergone so many leadership training programmes at home and abroad. She is also a Member of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR) 2006; Member, Nigerian Women Achievers HALL OF FAME; African International Achievers’ Merit Award 2007; Rare Gems Professional Achievements Award 2007; Member, Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Women of Democratic Administration of Ghana 2012. http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/captain-chinyere-o-kalu-nigerias-first-female-pilot/

She was also trained as a Private and Commercial Pilot, SP.12 Batch, NCAT, Zaria in 1978. She later qualified for her Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL) Course with Bolivia Aviation, Memphis, and Tennessee in USA. She was also trained in Aircraft Accident Investigation and Prevention Course, at Federal Aviation Administration, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. She was also trained as Flight Instructor’s Rating, Civil Aviation Authority, Oxford, United Kingdom. And then she was also at Commercial Pilot License (CPL/IR), NCAT, Zaria.

- See more at: http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/day-became-pilot-onyenucheya-kalu/

Women from different parts of Nigeria have performed well in aviation.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba Gwadabe, The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano by celeron40(m): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2015
laudate:

When Yoruba people descend on you now, you will start lamenting. Anyway, na wetin concern me? I go siddon for one corner do referee when the time comes.

Just try to get rid of your ignorance okay?

Hope this helps!

Women from different parts of Nigeria have performed well in aviation.
ok ok...I still won't board a helic flown by a girl anyway..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria / My Barcelona Trip / Ado Ekiti Is Underrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.