Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:24 PM

Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 (10934 Views)

Nigerian AnthonyJoshua vs Wladimir Klitschko Might Be The Biggest Fight Of 2017 / Larry Ekundayo Defeats Joseph Lamptey In Boxing Battle(photos) / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by SuperSuave(m): 8:08am On Feb 21, 2015
Ahmeduana:

UHMN! OR NA MY EYES NO SEE THE THING WEY TYPE? MUHAMMMED ALI vs MIKE TYSON? When were you born?
wait! I dnt get this. History means since when the sport started. You can't talk of football history and forget pele or maradona cos you didn't watch them play.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Locapito(m): 8:11am On Feb 21, 2015
SuperSuave:
Biggest fight in history?? What of moh'd Ali vs mike tyson?
moh'd Ali vs mike tyson? When was that? For the record, the two never met because, Ali retired years back before the emergence of tyson.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by newacca: 8:11am On Feb 21, 2015
aim5:

None, but as a die hard I was sick of these two acting like little prima Donna's. It took over 6 good years for them to finally get in the ring.. Well let them fight and leave the sport.. both of them are old news.
Floyd is really afraid of this fight and it's understandable grin Floyd picks his opponent and he always avoid Pacman. I guess he has no where to run to since more attention is on this bout, so he gave in cheesy if he wins this fight, he has two glories:
1. He will retire unbeaten.
2. He will rule out speculations that he was afraid of fighting Pacman and other fighters, which made him to select who to fight.

Though I wish both fighters good luck, but I give it to Pacman!
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 21, 2015
SuperSuave:
Biggest fight in history?? What of moh'd Ali vs mike tyson?
Na wa ooo,did moh Ali and Tyson fought?
Pls try as much to make enquires before commenting.U must be a supporter of Mr stealing is not Corruption...
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by newacca: 8:16am On Feb 21, 2015
alberto2k:
Been waiting for this for so long

Am placing my money on the Thailand PAC man tho cheesy
smiley Philippines.
You ain't wasting your money cool
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by kobonaire(m): 8:18am On Feb 21, 2015
Fight of the century
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 21, 2015
It will be exciting, but I want the Philippine to win. I started hating Maywheather the way he cheated in his encounter with Vito Ortiz!

1 Like

Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by ednut1(m): 8:31am On Feb 21, 2015
mr money to put on his normal boring defensive tactics nd manny punching thin air all night. only one winner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by killercute16(m): 8:36am On Feb 21, 2015
SirBlack999:
Floyd earning $120,000,000 for a fight? Imagine changing that to naira.it's high time i joined boxing.
Asin eh...thats like #27,960,000,000 for just at most 3hrs fight.....chai.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Hoii(m): 8:48am On Feb 21, 2015
Can't wait!
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by killercute16(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2015
Almost everybody hating on Floyd,at the end he is gonna win...Lol
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Truth234(m): 8:53am On Feb 21, 2015
Faddd:
It will be exciting, but I want the Philippine to win. I started hating Maywheather the way he cheated in his encounter with Vito Ortiz!

You don't know boxing, he cheated Victor Ortiz didn't Ortiz headbutted him prior to that? When you are fighting some as big as Money you have to obey every rules!
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Truth234(m): 8:56am On Feb 21, 2015
killercute16:
Asin eh...thats like #27,960,000,000 for just at most 3hrs fight.....chai.

36 minute bro.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Truth234(m): 9:10am On Feb 21, 2015
newacca:

Floyd is really afraid of this fight and it's understandable grin Floyd picks his opponent and he always avoid Pacman. I guess he has no where to run to since more attention is on this bout, so he gave in cheesy if he wins this fight, he has two glories:
1. He will retire unbeaten.
2. He will rule out speculations that he was afraid of fighting Pacman and other fighters, which made him to select who to fight.

Though I wish both fighters good luck, but I give it to Pacman!

How is Floyd afraid, didn't Money offer Manny $40 million in 2009? Arum has always been the issue, mind you style win fight. 47 more deadly fighters out of which Manny kiss the canvas against Marquez. Mayweather will take him to school, like always Manny is going to throw endless blows without direction which leave him open and more vulnerable. The teacher we prey on that, he will also be frustrated at some point because his blow won't touch Money, the smartest defensive boxer.

I have play this strategy in my head over and over again, Manny we wear himself out by round 6/7 and that is it. Trust me, I don't just watch boxing, I box too. He is just gonna make money richer and earn him the respect he deserve. 48 toothless champions, May 2!
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by newacca: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2015
Truth234:

How is Floyd afraid, didn't Money offer Manny $40 million in 2009? Arum has always been the issue, mind you style win fight. 47 more deadly fighters out of which Manny kiss the canvas against Marquez. Mayweather will take him to school, like always Manny is going to throw endless blows without direction which leave him open and more vulnerable. The teacher we prey on that, he will also be frustrated at some point because his blow won't touch Money, the smartest defensive boxer.

I have play this strategy in my head over and over again, Manny we wear himself out by round 6/7 and that is it. Trust me, I don't just watch boxing, I box too. He is just gonna make money richer and earn him the respect he deserve. 48 toothless champions, May 2!
May 2 is the day. Let Floyd enjoys his A side while it lasts. Floyd is one of the fighters I respect, but he one thing I don't like about him is picking fighters. Arum can't stop Floyd if Floyd really wants the fight! He narrowly escaped deaf eat from Ortiz, the bout was robbed in his favour though. Bro, let's wait and see. May 2

Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Truth234(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2015
newacca:

May 2 is the day. Let Floyd enjoys his A side while it lasts. Floyd is one of the fighters I respect, but he one thing I don't like about him is picking fighters. Arum can't stop Floyd if Floyd really wants the fight! He narrowly escaped deaf eat from Ortiz, the bout was robbed in his favour though. Bro, let's wait and see. May 2

You don't talk like you understand Floyd personality. Who know victor Ortiz before Floyd gave him a shot?, and when he couldn't touch him because of his defensive technique he headbutted Floyd, if you know who Floyd is, you should know Floyd is never gonna let it go. Check the score board up to that round 4, Floyd was leading with reasonable margin. How come Ortiz got KO against Maidana that Flody schooled twice? There is no way Victor Ortiz is gonna beat Floyd, this is the fight I watched!
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by newacca: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2015
Truth234:

You don't talk like you understand Floyd personality. Who know victor Ortiz before Floyd gave him a shot?, and when he couldn't touch him because of his defensive technique he headbutted Floyd, if you know who Floyd is, you should know Floyd is never gonna let it go. Check the score board up to that round 4, Floyd was leading with reasonable margin. How come Ortiz got KO against Maidana that Flody schooled twice? There is no way Victor Ortiz is gonna beat Floyd, this is the fight I watched!
May 2 is the day. It's fast and defensive Floyd vs. resilient and attacking Manny. Manny is gonna tear Moneyman's defensive tactics. wink
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Truth234(m): 10:09am On Feb 21, 2015
newacca:

May 2 is the day. It's fast and defensive Floyd vs. resilient and attacking Manny. Manny is gonna tear Moneyman's defensive tactics. wink

Like it tear Marquez and Timothy Bradley tongue
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by JEITO: 10:16am On Feb 21, 2015
The Fight of the Decade is finally here cheesy. But unfortunately, it has lost the flavour and view it would have gotten. Had it taken. Place five years ago.undecided

Both men have gained age and lost a bit steam. But no doubt it will still be a chat topper. MGM will host a galaxy of stars from all works of Life come May 2

"the money man" is still the King. 48-0
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by newacca: 10:16am On Feb 21, 2015
Truth234:

Like it tear Marquez and Timothy Bradley tongue
grin bad boy! You win some, you lose some. if you want to win, win honourably, don't cheat. Now, it's time for Floyd to taste defeat. May 2 is the day.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by JEITO: 10:28am On Feb 21, 2015
newacca:

in your mind only. The ex-congressman has lost it already. Trying to hide his symptoms of parkinson's by playing bball(which is a disadvantage as it doesn't give much time on the rings). We all know he fights these days purely for financial reasons to off-set his tax irregularities. Unlike the money man whose mayyweather code hasn't been broken yet. He fights for the fun of it, and is fitter than manny.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by kliq(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2015
Finally
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Mayor21(m): 10:35am On Feb 21, 2015
Shey i folo hear sa vladimir klisko strng ni, y hm and floyd no fight. Sorry, i dn't knw anytin bout boxing. Lol
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by kliq(m): 10:36am On Feb 21, 2015
"Biggest fight in boxing history"

If I hear angry

Rather; richest fight
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by omonnakoda: 10:48am On Feb 21, 2015
newacca:

Is there any fighter that does not pick fighters. Mike Tyson never fought Michael Moorer, Oliver McCall ,Bowe and avoided Lewis for a long time and certainly PICKED a lot of ONE MINUTE journeymen along the way
Part of the delay is a marketing ploy.the longer you delay the more people shout and the more they pay. They are fighting for money not fun

Not sure how much you know about boxing though because Floyd has fought everyone he should fight can you tell us who he failed to fight.?? Go and study his resume again
Ricky Hatton
Saul Alvarez
Oscar de La hoya
Marquez( the same Marquez who knocked out Pacquiao) Watch here how Mayweather destroyed him in an immaculate display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YU6YcyzhOE

Marquez is one of the Finest boxers of his generation and no doubt a future Hall of Famer as are several Floyd's opponents

Miguel Cotto
Jose Luis Castillo
To name a few . No matter what anyone says he has collected a string of very impressive

To those people banging on about Mayweather being a defensive fighter,I suggest you watch this fight a good boxer must know how to defend but you do not win fights without throwing punches . There is a lot more to Floyd than defence He just happens to have the best defence
Anyway I will be in Vegas to see the fight LIVE!! I will be wearing blue jeans so if you are there too don't hesitate to say "hello"

2 Likes

Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Truth234(m): 10:53am On Feb 21, 2015
newacca:

grin bad boy! You win some, you lose some. if you want to win, win honourably, don't cheat. Now, it's time for Floyd to taste defeat. May 2 is the day.

May 2nd bro!
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Krasid(m): 11:03am On Feb 21, 2015
Floyd mayweather is definitely going to win.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by parrotibaba(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2015
Honestly ...

Money will win dis bout ...I hv seen pacman fight n he is dangerous, dia was dis particular fight he won but didn't land a clean punch throughout cos d oda guy was defensive minded n to top it all ,he has short hands ,how is he going to land a clean shot to an ultra defensive counterattack boxer like money? dude throws accurate punches n he will have an advantage over Manny cos Manny loves to throw combos n money enjoys dodging combos n landing an accurate Punch, let's face it ,money likes to invite pressure n Manny will like every other boxer take a bite at d cherry n by d 7th or 8th round n just like Ricky Haton ,just like Saul ,Manny will start to tire n get frustrated at punching nothing n money will take d advantage... The milk in d dis tea is dat Manny has nothing to lose cos he has tasted defeat a couple times while money has everything to lose n everything to win also
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by amanze15(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2015
Them just wan share money grin.... the fight would be for the cameras
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by amanze15(m): 11:31am On Feb 21, 2015
kliq:
"Biggest fight in boxing history"

If I hear angry

Rather; richest fight
richest fight indeed niggas would retire after that fight I think
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by newacca: 11:39am On Feb 21, 2015
JEITO:
in your mind only. The ex-congressman has lost it already. Trying to hide his symptoms of parkinson's by playing bball(which is a disadvantage as it doesn't give much time on the rings). We all know he fights these days purely for financial reasons to off-set his tax irregularities. Unlike the money man whose mayyweather code hasn't been broken yet. He fights for the fun of it, and is fitter than manny.
May 2 is not far bro. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Matchbet + Under & Over 1.5 / FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa / Jadon Sancho Wins Goal.com NxGn World's Best Young Talent Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.