Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! (35588 Views)

5 Ways Power Shortage Is Affecting Nigerian Businesses / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics) / How To Save Money On Jumia And Konga Black Friday Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Vock(m): 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
Randerl:

OH. You mean like this for 6hrs

don't know about yours, mine doesn't work like that
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Badosqi(m): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
I have heard stories of people being owed salaries in arrears (upwards of 6 months) especially civil servants.

How will this fit into the picture?

\
come to Osun state and you will wonders. Pensioners are not left out owed for the past 5 months. Their were only paid their september pension in December and no show again. Please how will these people(civil servant and pensioners) manage.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by kilmix: 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rapmoney,

The title of the thread Is supposed to be how to be stingy and economising.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by kilmix: 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rapmoney,

The title of the thread Is supposed to be "how to be stingy and economising.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by bigtt76(f): 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cut your cloth according to your ass grin
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by ibnquasale(m): 10:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrkings84:
my guy no be lie, d day I hate atm was d day i breeze in a boutique to window shopping but I don't no how it happened that in d end I saw myself spend 27k via pos. I was so furious when I realized myself.

you are very correct bro... i had a very similar experience too
then,
i realised that saving money or cutting down cost is not the problem, but securing it... that was when i came up with
the idea of having an account that i wont really have "access" to, and its really helping me
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by anigbajumo(m): 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
MZdamola:

Exactly
Lolz,una don b born again b dat....
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by mentorandfriend(m): 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
klem93:

am sorry bros, but why did you speak with much anger like this I should have reacted like a fool like you but am more wiser than you... atleast I no force you... Nigeria guys like you with dumb skull. Why dont you allow people that love a better future to pursue it.... eeyah sorry. No hope for you anymore shey? don't think in that manner, your hope is close only if you work towards it and stop quoting me... check my profile and check my facebook if you need more clarity.... #joblessfool
Lol. I can see you're very educated from your grammer. This visa to Indian universities that you promote, was it where you got your very bright education from? Oh my God. I'm jealous. Seriously.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by anigbajumo(m): 11:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
kingsle66:
you forget to include betting ,stop playing 1960bet, bet9ja etc and serve money.
Na lie bet9ja dey pay my EGO nearly evry week
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by klem93(m): 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Lol. I can see you're very educated from your grammer. This visa to Indian universities that you promote, was it where you got your very bright education from? Oh my God. I'm jealous. Seriously.
ama student sir.... correct that bold word please... i dont do visa cause i dont work in d embassy...
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Vycta(m): 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
Zohan:
The Ultimate rule!
If you wonna save money, dont spend money...

NEED A GOOD R N B ARTIST FROM NAIRALAND (M/F) ON MY NEW PROJECT "PLAYED YOU". SNIPPET ON MY SIGNATURE. HOLLA AT ME. 08137594396
@IJ BEATS.

That's my nigga... Keep killing it bro
@Sir vEè
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by mentorandfriend(m): 12:22am On Feb 22, 2015
klem93:

ama student sir.... correct that bold word please... i dont do visa cause i dont work in d embassy...
Uhmm. So tell me more. How does it work? I vowed never to do e-war anymore because it demeans a person. If not, I would have engaged you in a highly cerebral discourse to verify your Indian University claims, and their admission protocols; because I believe we live in a small world, so no man should cash in on the frustration and desperation of others. When I see people trying to do so, it brings out the advocate in me. Just be a person of integrity and fortune will smile on you.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 2:15am On Feb 22, 2015
Vycta:

That's my nigga... Keep killing it bro
@Sir vEè
Vee! shocked. Small world!! shocked shocked
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by olokpa11(m): 5:07am On Feb 22, 2015
DICKtator:
Motor insurance: check
Telephone/Internet bills: check
Groceries: check
Purchases: check

Money saved!!!!!!
Now it is time to pop champagnes!!!

Cos tomorrow ain't promise!!!

grin grin grin grin
lol and there goes all the money saved cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy angry
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Saucekide25(m): 6:03am On Feb 22, 2015
Get Amazing Discounts and Swift Delivery when you order items on JUMIA.COM [Pay on Delivery]...To place your orders Call or Whatsapp (08122204769)or e-mail me via (Eonuegbu1@gmail.com).[/quote]
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by klem93(m): 7:15am On Feb 22, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Uhmm. So tell me more. How does it work? I vowed never to do e-war anymore because it demeans a person. If not, I would have engaged you in a highly cerebral discourse to verify your Indian University claims, and their admission protocols; because I believe we live in a small world, so no man should cash in on the frustration and desperation of others. When I see people trying to do so, it brings out the advocate in me. Just be a person of integrity and fortune will smile on you.

Happy Sunday!!! am just a student that help people with admission, like I said am a computer science student of osmania university and schooled in Bhavans College in affiliation to the university Hyderabad.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 22, 2015
Data consumption...... I understnd dis aspect very well. Internet users seem to spend much on data purchase but with this offer am bringing ,am very sure there will be a reduction in the amount spent on data subscription...

Seeth thou a man that is diligent in his business

Purchase ur MTN 1gig plan for 1200. Contact - 07062027524. Sms/ whatsapp.

Everyday I resolve sme data related issues ranging from can't browse,deduction of airtime while browsing nd step by step configuration of mobile devices due to the nature of my Job nd experience in telcom.

I am open for complaints nd enquiries as I will assist u resolve whatever difficulty u maybe currently experiencing on ur Mtn sme data share or difficulty in browsing, step by step configuration of all devices etc.

Am an sme data share agent. Am a risk taker,I will take the risk of sending ur desired data while u send me a 1200 airtime on confirmtion.
D truth is this, non of the people u see advertising 1gig for 1k sells at that price. D story u get is d promo has just ended nd even if u get it, it comes with less than 28days validity after hours of wait.

I operate just like mtn extra time service were u borrow nd payback.

Put me to any test even if u eventually dont av in mind of buying, u will be very convinced of my honesty.

Its risky for me but let me take the risk.

Check my signature.

Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by irukandji89(m): 8:00am On Feb 22, 2015
ibnquasale:
In addition,
1. Make sure you have a dedicated account for savings, separate from your normal saving account (s);
2. Make sure you don't have quick access to the account, quick access like ATM, Internet banking etc.
3. If your bank forces the ATM card on you, collect it, and destroy it, or visit third mainland bridge and dump it into the lagoon grin cheesy grin

Come back and thank me later....

this is the best advice ever!!!!!!!

JZK...

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by akalyte(m): 9:20am On Feb 22, 2015
Na flexing and drinkin dey consume all my money ooooo...somebody help
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by mentorandfriend(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2015
klem93:

Happy Sunday!!! am just a student that help people with admission, like I said am a computer science student of osmania university and schooled in Bhavans College in affiliation to the university Hyderabad.
Ok. Cheers. Keep up your good work. Happy sunday too.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by kunlenkirol(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2015
Rapmoney:
We all love it when we get an alert from the bank, or a client pays us. It’s a good feeling, right? But then it all starts flying out of your hands. Where does the money go? We all have necessary expenses. There are things we can’t quite get away from paying for. These include school fees and healthcare. However, there are some expenses that we have control over.

1) Motor Insurance

Third party car insurance is required in Nigeria. Yes, Nigerians, we’re looking at you. Complete motor insurance isn’t a requirement, although this can be a good idea. What’s the difference? Third party insurance will only cover damage to the other person’s car or property in the event of an accident. Complete motor insurance will cover your own car too. To save money on rates for either type of insurance, it is good to shop around. Be sure to get quotes from several different insurance companies. To compare apples to apples, be sure to give the same information to all the insurers.

2) Gas Costs

There is not much you can do about the cost of gas in Nigeria. The difference in price between gas stations is not always significant. Between regulation by the government, fuel scarcity and price fixing, it’s a hard life out there for car owners. It is also rare for a Nigerian company to permit work from home, although it can’t hurt to ask (if it makes sense for your role). Some people have reported saving money by combining errands. This requires planning, especially in a business setting. Others choose to share a ride with colleagues to save money.

3) Mobile Phones and Data Plans

Check out your phone costs for the last three months. The majority of mobile phone users in Nigeria are on prepaid phone plans. Can you estimate what you spent on airtime and data?

•     Are you paying too much or too little for your data plan? For most telecommunications operators, you get cheaper data if you pay a higher amount. Looking at Etisalat, you can get 50 MB of data for N500 (N10/MB). Alternatively, you can get 500 MB for N2,000 (N4/MB). If you can afford to pay more at the start, your data costs will be cheaper per megabyte. If you run a business, be sure to compare providers to check out the best price for internet services for the company.

•     Text messages have become cheaper in recent years (N4 instead of N10 or N15). However, if you already have a data plan, messaging apps like BBM, 2go and Whatsapp can be used to send messages for no extra cost. Free is better than N4 any day!

4) Grocery and Food Bills

Eating out every day can get expensive. Look for decent food that is affordable and within your budget. Save the fancy hotels and eateries for an important business lunch or a special occasion (and not for every day lunch).

Some people are able to bring lunch to work or school. This is definitely more cost effective than eating out every day (We realize that this is not feasible for everyone, especially if your lunch consists of perishable food and there is nowhere to store it.)

Take advantage of specials and discounts for lunch and groceries when available

For groceries that you know you use a lot, buy in bulk where available.

5) Save Money on Purchases

There are many purchases that are unavoidable. However, do what you can to ensure that you are getting the best price on the item. You have to do some comparison shopping to see what that price is. Caveat – comparison shopping works best when comparing identical or similar items. Where can you compare prices in Nigeria?

General ecommerce retailers such as Konga and Jumia

Niche ecommerce retailers such as Gloo (for groceries)

Price comparison websites in Nigeria such as PriceCheck and NgPriceHunter

Physical stores in your area

Your network of friends and family

http://iserve.com.ng/blog/2015/01/5-ways-to-save-money-in-nigeria

Comments are welcomed...
Happy weekend everyone!
Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Engineer1985(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2015
Maccoy1:
I will try and adjust
but the best advice i'll give nd thats what am practising now and that is Avoid some specie of girls...
That's true...if u're nt carefull, they cant bankrupt you!! I'm saying this from experience

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by bonechamberlain(m): 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
Maccoy1:
I will try and adjust
but the best advice i'll give nd thats what am practising now and that is Avoid some specie of girls...
exactly am surprised i didnt see that in the write up....

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Rapmoney(m): 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
kunlenkirol:

Nice one bro
Thanks pal smiley
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Rapmoney(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
kilmix:
Rapmoney,

The title of the thread Is supposed to be "how to be stingy and economising.
Learn bro! Learn!!!
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Vycta(m): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
Zohan:

Vee! shocked. Small world!! shocked shocked

Am telling you ooo cool keep jigidi jigidi my guy
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by Rapmoney(m): 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
chigoizie7:

1. I don't own a car yet.
2. Still haven't got a car
3. 2k for 500MB? Damn it, I get 4.5gig for 2.5k mtn,2gig for. 1.5k airtel.
4. I ddnt read that one.
5. Who does grocery shopping down here? Aboki shop still. dey nah.

Bottom line? I don't get d point bro,is dis for low income earners or high income earners?
For everyone that wants to make a meaning out of life.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by nkemdi89(f): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
Nmeri17:
simply cut yo coat according to yo cloth. do not live above yo means.

although that shouldn't make you dress like akuebe nkotonko, I'm only saying you should rather buy quality OK than visiting boutiques on a 20k salary wink
At douglas owerri you will get quality ok for even 100 naira,even boutique owners do come to there to select
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by mecussey(m): 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
obyrich:
Necessary evils bro.

Guilty...i spend average of 2k every day on alcohol. A girl friend is a must na, so no option on that one but i dont do more than one. So the only solution here is to make more money.
Re: 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!! by obyrich(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
mecussey:

Guilty...i spend average of 2k every day on alcohol. A girl friend is a must na, so no option on that one but i dont do more than one. So the only solution here is to make more money.
Make more money bro. That's the koko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

POS Operators Begin Implementation Of New Service Charge Monday / I Am Richer Than Dangote – Ghanaian (Dwarf) Shortest Man Speaks / How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.