Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (21785 Views)

‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / Alleged Massive Rigging In Rivers State Ward 8 Unit 6 Rumuomasi (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by OLADD: 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
alguenyaMIST:

Oga. Someon raises a valid point, all you can do is pour expletives on him. EGBIN Thermal Power station was taught to me in social studies classes in primary school over 25 years ago. For anyone to lie shamelessly on national TV that the plant is being commissioned NEWLY as this thread implies is sickening.

Again this is not the 18th Century. Lie with some sense. Argue logically. Else you will pass as the bigger idio.t

Desperation and lies to deceive us over an election will not save your principal. Save your insults O.

If you must engage me, argue with facts.

Oh by the way. I saw your "I have delivered on Power" speech burning diesel at home.

Bunch of lying and shameless loons parading as leaders. Your waterloo has come

There's nothing like lie here. Agreed the plant was first commissioned in 1986 but it has been working below optimum capacity. This prompted GEJ to expand its capacity to 1320MW through all around rehabilitation and turnaround, hence the need for the recommissioning. Ok?

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by munas: 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
A whole lots of peeps here either out of ignorance or hatred are just saying some silly things about the commissioning.
For your information: The unit 6 of Egbin power station has not been working for 9yrs.
It was in 2014 that they started rehabilitation works at the unit.

So if a unit was revived after 9 years,then its worth commissioning.

3 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by munas: 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

There's nothing like lie here. Agreed the plant was first commissioned in 1986 but it has been working below optimum capacity. This prompted GEJ to expand its capacity to 1320MW through all around rehabilitation and turnaround, hence the need for the recommissioning. Ok?

The unit 6 of Egbin power station has not been working for 9yrs.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Edzy: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
aryzgreat:

Shut up ur mouth.

He expanded the genetaring station with additional unit.

More megawatts to d grid.

If una no get light hold ur governor or electricity distribution company.

The MW generated are sent to d national grid for onward transmission at 330KV voltage level and this voltage is stepped down to 132KV and 33KV. Ur disco takes 33KV and step down to 11kV and 415/240V for ur local consumption. If ur disco company don't give u transformer, even if We generate 22000MW u will not have light.

Lots of ignorant folks here

Bros, how do u explain all this to average Nigerian,all he needs is for your Ebele to give him an uninterrupted power i.e when he switch on light,there is brightness.all this megawatts language we no understand am

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by munas: 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
Badosqi:
I find it funny when anti-jonathan find faults in the commissioning of these projects. Is not like the government started work on these project just yesterday, the contract and works have begun since and they are being commissioned after completion. This same scenario would have played out if they'd not shifted the election date. This same scenario will continue to shock you haters till May 29 when our Amiable Presido's second term starts.
#March4GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by anonimi: 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
doctokwus:
I know these phantom commissioning wud backfire by the time the true story behind these projects are unearthed. A man that can commission the photograph of the 2nd Niger bridge can commission anything.

Please show us where he "COMMISSIONED the photograph of the 2nd Niger bridge" or we know it is the usual bullshiit of LIES from the APCheat house of propaganda

Jonathan at 2nd Niger bridge
JANUARY 18, 2015

President Goodluck Jon­athan yesterday paid an unscheduled visit to the site of the second Niger bridge project at the Onitsha-Asaba axis as part of activities mark­ing his official presidential cam­paign tour to Anambra state.

More from: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=100771
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by omo17(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
halimaabi:

Sorry to say this your sick half dead brainless old super clueless and certificateless Buhari can never rule nigerians.

then wait till match 28

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by rildwanullahi(m): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
All of Una dey think say to build power stations na one year work ? MBA # and omotosho plant na obj project, while egbin has been in existence since time immemorial. GEJ deceiving Nigerians since 1500 A.D
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ba7man(m): 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
aryzgreat:

fortunately I enjoy 24 hours power supply here in ihovbor staff quarters.

Hold ur power distribution company responsible. GEJ has tried in building more power generating stations, expanding the transmission infrastructure.

The discos should upgrade and overhaul their distribution infrastructure since they are now private.

Ask ur Senator to provide ur community with distribution transformer. Stop blaming GEJ.
Speak for yourself then. You can be lynched if you go defending GEJ on power supply in a lot of areas.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by omonnakoda: 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
The units at Egbin are obsolete frequently during rehabilitations recently they invited the Japanese who built it. They expressed surprise that the plants were still in use and found it difficut to source parts ,in some cases they had to build CASTS for some parts because they had been dicontinued.Anyone who knows anything about engineering would know how ridiculously expensive that is. This is the very same location where AES the Lagos state project is located. What shoud be happening at Egbin is not refurbishment but the installation of COMPLETELY NEW units which sadly seems unlikely. These plants have a life span after which diminishing returns sets in. In this case we are a the mercy of manufacturers who most likely will not be manufacturing the parts in 10 years time. Hopefully the new owners will manage it better than the Nigerians who were busy stealing transformers and other equipment. One Egbin GM not so long ago had over 20 cars in his yard,guess what? He is dead and was not buried in any of them

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Bushdiri(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=Adminisher post=30942153]

Which achievement?. Egbin is more than 27 years old. I did excursion there during Buharis regime and NEPA Nigerian engineers were taking control.of a very sophisticated plant. Everything went to dregs with IBB regime

This is a RE COMMISSIONING. That is they are commissioning again an already commissioned expansion of just one additional unit of a 30 year old plant.

When Buhari enters office again, the quality of education will improve and you guys will learn to reason critically and stop falling for LIES from politicians who are less intelligent than you.

For now please enjoy your RE-COMMISSIONING of one of the units of a 30 year old power plant by a lame duck president watching himself leaving office.[why do you hate President Jonathan, can you call your late poor [color=#006600][/color]father "LAME" ? ]

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by madjune(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nigerians are too gullible and mostly prone to collective amnesia.

We forget too easily.

Has anyone bothered to ask-

Why is this man suddenly commissioning one work or the other every week?
Why has he been so jerky to do in one month what he was unable to do in 6yrs?

Helllllloooooo!

Something doesn't smell right.

By the way, the "egbin plant" is supposed to cover ajao estate as I know it but as I type, there's been no light here no improvement since this week.

So, I should be sane to ask- what are the celebrating?
And, where is the improvement in power?

Are they only on paper?
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by isan(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Go and commision yur house in OtUEke

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by omonnakoda: 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

No that was done by its new private sector owners NOT GOVERNMENT but it is yet to translate to "LIGHT"
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by jungleluv(m): 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:
Yesterday, a quantum leap was recorded in our quest for stable power supply with the commissioning of 750MW Olorunsogo Power generation station in Ogun State. Today, still in the spirit of confining power outage to perpetual obscurity, the President and Commander In Chief of Nigerian Armed Forces, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is presently commissioning another power station in Ikorodu, Lagos State. The project which came to fruition as a result of Mr.President's commitment to effectively lighten up Nigeria is the largest in West Africa and will add about 1320 MW of power supply to the national grid. Let's celebrate an achiever.
yes commissioning of power this power that where is d light now for past five days now no light . hmmmmmm
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by aryzgreat: 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
ba7man:
Speak for yourself then. You can be lynched if you go defending GEJ on power supply in a lot of areas.

Reason Why am telling u y u have epileptic supply. Hold ur disco company, ur governor, ur Senator, ur house of rep members, ur local govt chairman responsible.

GEJ cannot give u common distribution transformer.

See below, transmission transformer that GEJ is providing across the power stations for power conversion.

This is 150MVA 330/132KV transformer, at this voltage level, ur whole community will be roasted like a burnt offering.

Protest to d distribution company incharge of ur area, bedc, eedc, ekodc etc Let them give u small transformer so u will have light nyafu nyafu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by marymary2: 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Which achievement?. Egbin is more than 27 years old. I did excursion there during Buharis regime and NEPA Nigerian engineers were taking control.of a very sophisticated plant. Everything went to dregs with IBB regime

This is a RE COMMISSIONING. That is they are commissioning again an already commissioned expansion of just one additional unit of a 30 year old plant.

When Buhari enters office again, the quality of education will improve and you guys will learn to reason critically and stop falling for LIES from politicians who are less intelligent than you.

For now please enjoy your RE-COMMISSIONING of one of the units of a 30 year old power plant by a lame duck president watching himself leaving office.
Guy u harsh o. halla Gmd.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ludamix(m): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Has GEJ and his E-goats ask themselves why is it now that election is approaching that he started commissioning everything why not 2 years ago. He should commission road to otueke too

saiBuhari
march4Buhari
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Capitano1(m): 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hmmm GeJ is coming stronger kinda ,but what of ph na.we hardly knw light around my sch here
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by diportivo: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
ceejay80s:

Which chopper?
Have u forgotten he bought 8 presidential jets
ha!i totally forgot...while d nation cant boast of a national carrier embarassed

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by OLADD: 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
No that was done by its new private sector owners NOT GOVERNMENT but it is yet to translate to "LIGHT"

You amused me. The privatisation scheme was to GEJ's credit.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Badosqi(m): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
munas:

aaaargh 9 years since 2006. Thank God the government remembered it. GOD BLESS NAIJA.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by aryzgreat: 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
[s]
madjune:
Nigerians are too gullible and mostly prone to collective amnesia.

We forget too easily.

Has anyone bothered to ask-

Why is this man suddenly commissioning one work or the other every week?
Why has he been so jerky to do in one month what he was unable to do in 6yrs?

Helllllloooooo!

Something doesn't smell right.

By the way, the "egbin plant" is supposed to cover ajao estate as I know it but as I type, there's been no light here no improvement since this week.

So, I should be sane to ask- what are the celebrating?
And, where is the improvement in power?

Are they only on paper?
[/s]

How is egbin going to cover ajao? U don't know anything about power generation, transmission nd distribution so keep quite
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ba7man(m): 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
aryzgreat:

Reason Why am telling u y u have epileptic supply. Hold ur disco company, ur governor, ur Senator, ur house of rep members, ur local govt chairman responsible.

GEJ cannot give u common distribution transformer.

See below, transmission transformer that GEJ is providing across the power stations for power conversion.

This is 150MVA 330/132KV transformer, at this voltage level, ur whole community will be roasted like a burnt offering.

Protest to d distribution company inchoate of ur area, bedc, eedc, ekodc etc Let them give u small transformer so u will have light nyafu nyafu

If GEJ had ensured NEPA was sold to credible companies eg General Electric, the story would have been different.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by OpeDwarroir: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

For now please enjoy your RE-COMMISSIONING of one of the units of a 30 year old power plant by a lame duck president watching himself leaving office.

Why are you so pained abt this great achievement? Your post reeks of bitterness and ungratefulness. You are a very big example of enemy of state. Go hit your head against the pole if you can't bear the achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by otokx(m): 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
billante:

This guy you no dey ever graduate from uniport

Since OBJ regime you have been typing no light in uniport/aluu

There is no light o; PDP give us light, whether I am schooling or hustling there, we need light.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by otokx(m): 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
ba7man:
If GEJ had ensured NEPA was sold to credible companies eg General Electric, the story would have been different.

They sold NEPA to themselves politicians and that is why the improvement if any is quite low tending towards zero.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by anonimi: 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
diportivo:
ha!i totally forgot...while d nation cant boast of a national carrier embarassed

Did you petition your SINator and representaTHIEF to vote against the purchase of the presidential jets in the budget

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ba7man(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
otokx:

They sold NEPA to themselves politicians and that is why the improvement if any is quite low tending towards zero.
they're only interested in collecting money for Electricity not delivered.....hence the increase in the electricity tarrif despite poor suppy.

With all the power stations commissioned, power supply has never been worse.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ribbit: 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

choiii.. i tought its a new plant... almost fell for it.

bast.ard people
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by DesChyko: 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Which achievement?..

How much were you paid? If nothing, then stop hating unnecessarily. This is an achievement irrespective of how it came to be, except of course, if you are blinded by ulterior motives. I know your Buhari will do everything Jesus did while he was on earth, and even more.
But wait till he actually does them before you sing his praises.

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by koolg: 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
how will president be commission something built by the new private owners of the plant. its just an arrangement between the new owners who are still PDP.
meanwhile where is the improvement in power generated?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kaduna Denies Buhari Access To Rally Venue - APC / Reps Give Conditions To Back Dogara / Adesina - We Never Respond To Fayose Because We See What He Does As Comic Relief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.