Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (21773 Views)

‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / Alleged Massive Rigging In Rivers State Ward 8 Unit 6 Rumuomasi (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by gists: 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
I thought the entire PHCN was sold and handed over to private owners (except transmission). How come GEJ is commissioning a facility owned by private company? In that case, he might as well commission the new transformers installed by the new DISCOs.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Ayindesegun10(m): 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Which achievement?. Egbin is more than 27 years old. I did excursion there during Buharis regime and NEPA Nigerian engineers were taking control.of a very sophisticated plant. Everything went to dregs with IBB regime

This is a RE COMMISSIONING. That is they are commissioning again an already commissioned expansion of just one additional unit of a 30 year old plant.

You are truly a FOOL...You even said you did an escursion there during donkey yearx ago..If you visited Egbin since 5 years ago,you would be weeping profusely becauze of the great achievement over there.....Mind you,Egbin power station iz now the highezt generating power plant in Nigeria...Go and hug GEJ's tranzformerz you idiot APC e-cows

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Eluwilussit(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Maintenance is different. All I'm asking is, is it ready to add value to our lives directly? Thats all!! You're already getting defensive for no reason

I am not defensive. Sorry if I appeared that way. I am simply tired of people blaming the government for everything. We are simply corrupt and unpatriotic.

The govt has a big role but the presidency alone doesn't make up the govt. We are all involved. Everyone of us.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Skseries: 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
GEJ has done alot in just two weeks oooooo, his army retook almost 4towns from bokoharam, in just a week he comission two power plants, in the same two weeks navy acquired 4 ships in the same 2weeks army rescued several kidnap girls in the north. Now the big question is if GED could achieve all this in just 2weeks or so, then why didnt he, for the past 5yrs plus sum weeks in office? so 9ja army is this strong to take on bokoharam and they didnt all this whille were they sleeping, so becus of election he is now taking tins serious, lolzzzz government must take nigerians as fools oooooo.anyways be it GED or MGB they are all the same talk about green snake under green grass u r refering to GED talk abt despirado then that will GMB.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by OLADD: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
azeezengr:
I decided to comment on this largely to educate those who are williny on the subject matter. Egbin power plant is located at Egbin/Ijede end of Ikorodu axis. It is among the power plant sold to investors in 2013. Its present owner is SAHARA who is in joint venture with KEPCO. The plant has 6 units of 220MW each since inceptuon in early 80*s, thus installed capacity is 1320 MW. But out of this only unit 1 to 4 have been operating at about 60% of installed capacity and average of 500 ~ 700 MW is what Egbin haa been cpntributing to Grid aince about 2 years ago till now due tp aging. Unit 5 and 6 have been out for yeara but unit 5 was revived about a month ago and during test running it is given about 50-100MW(less than 50%) due to aging. This unit 5 that was rehabilitate is what our President came to commission. Prof Nebo was at Egbin few weeks back for same. I left the rest for people to discern what is happening. Am ready to clarify any question devoid of abuse or fowl lang. Thanks.

It was Unit 6 the president commissioned today. A recommissoning of the entire thermal station was equally carried out sequel to the facilitys all around rehabilitation. Ok?
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by bolliejay(m): 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=sanc2s post=30943988] how will you live in Ikotun and you want to have light day and night? Wetin your papa dey do wen others dey live for victoria Garden city?[/quote

Congrats for living in VGC!
And lastly u lack home training for mentioning my dad in ur post.

Sai buhari
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by OLADD: 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Skseries:
GEJ has done alot in just two weeks oooooo, his army retook almost 4towns from bokoharam, in just a week he comission two power plants, in the same two weeks navy acquired 4 ships in the same 2weeks army rescued several kidnap girls in the north. Now the big question is if GED could achieve all this in just 2weeks or so, then why didnt he, for the past 5yrs plus sum weeks in office? so 9ja army is this strong to take on bokoharam and they didnt all this whille were they sleeping, so becus of election he is now taking tins serious, lolzzzz government must take nigerians as fools oooooo.anyways be it GED or MGB they are all the same talk about green snake under green grass u r refering to GED talk abt despirado then that will GMB.

Try to be objective in your reasoning. The success been recorded over Boko haram lately was partly due to the support of Chadian, Nigerien and Camerounian authorties who had hitherto been reluctant to key into Nigerian Army operations. Don't forget also that our attempts to acquire arms were frustrated by US and SA until we approached other more friendly nations.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by crackhouse(m): 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Egbin has been sold so we dont know what Jonathan is still doing commissioning somebody's private expansion to his property.
Profit motive should be driving the business so the power plants should be expanding on their own to grow their business.
illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by IGBOSON1: 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
aryzgreat:

Reason Why am telling u y u have epileptic supply. Hold ur disco company, ur governor, ur Senator, ur house of rep members, ur local govt chairman responsible.

GEJ cannot give u common distribution transformer.

See below, transmission transformer that GEJ is providing across the power stations for power conversion.

This is 150MVA 330/132KV transformer, at this voltage level, ur whole community will be roasted like a burnt offering.

Protest to d distribution company incharge of ur area, bedc, eedc, ekodc etc Let them give u small transformer so u will have light nyafu nyafu

^^^This is just one of the reasons why this country needs to be restructured....with more powers and responsibilities given to the regions or states! If this were to be the case then gov't would be closer to the governed, and they wouldn't look to GEJ and the federal gov't for everything!

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by sinhin(m): 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Adminisher: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ayindesegun10:
You are truly a FOOL...You even said you did an escursion there during donkey yearx ago..If you visited Egbin since 5 years ago,you would be weeping profusely becauze of the great achievement over there.....Mind you,Egbin power station iz now the highezt generating power plant in Nigeria...Go and hug GEJ's tranzformerz you idiot APC e-cows

You are a VERY BIG FOOL.
PDP gas been in office for 16 years and the power sector has gone to dregs. Egbin has always been the highest generator of power in Nigeria. PDP has spent $20bn on gas fired thermal power because your president and his cabinet are unintelligent. $5bn would have given us the same 5000MW with hydro electric. Because supporters like you are not exposed you ate praising thrash. A president re commissioning 220MW of power that was already part of the 5000MW that is not even enough for Lagos. This is MEDIOCRITY at a national level.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Adminisher: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

Try to be objective in your reasoning. The success been recorded over Boko haram lately was partly due to the support of Chadian, Nigerien and Camerounian authorties who had hitherto been reluctant to key into Nigerian Army operations. Don't forget also that our attempts to acquire arms were frustrated by US and SA until we approached other more friendly nations.

The excuses you make for this incompetent president. Na wa. I will try to explain this to the 15000 people killed and the secondary school children raped. For now we need someone who has the force of personality and power to compel Chad and Niger including Cameroon. Someone who will tell generals what to do and they do it with their minds, not weak corrupted generals. We know the MAN, dont worry.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by gists: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

gists:
GEJ is a gonner. He squandered his opportunity and the enormous goodwill he enjoyed in 2011 - especially in south west which happens to be the 2nd largest voting block in the country. Whatever the outcome of the military onslaught against boko haram, it will surely count against GEJ. The way I see it, there are only two possible outcome:

1: The military fail to effectively defuse boko haram. This will confirm the skepticism of Nigerians wondering how the military can tame boko haram in six weeks what they have not been able to do in six years. This will finally confirm that the GEJ administration is either not competent or at least not sincere about ending boko haram and in fact may be complicit -especially giving the fact that no high profile arrest of sponsors have been made after 5 years. War is an expensive venture and BH definitely has some big money bags as financiers. The DSS and other intelligence operatives in the country (all under the presidency) have not been able to pin any of the sponsors, but the DSS was super quick to detect the Hacking video tutorials which the APC was allegedly planning to use to hack into INEC database.

2: The military succeeds in checkmating boko haram. If this happen, it then mean that this administration deliberately left boko haram to kill tens of thousands of Nigerians for the past 5 years! It means the Nigerian army has the capacity and resources (both human and material) to eliminate boko haram in six weeks yet the terrorists were left to go on killing spree for 5 years unchecked -deliberately!
All the excuses put forward will amount to mere smokescreen deliberately put forward to justify the lack of decisive action against the terrorist group. Excuses like "the Nigerian Army is not trained to tackle insurgency", "the army is not well equipped compared to boko haram sophisticated hardwares" will all fall flat because the same Nigerian army that couldn't defeat BH for the past 5 years as a result of all these silly excuses are now able to perform the "miracle" in 6 weeks.

Now I know some people will say the NA is able to do it in 6 weeks because of the support from other countries. But our neighbours have been involved for a while and there are records that the Cameroonian Army had on a number of occasions recorded victory over boko haram. Even our own civilian JTF fighting alongside with the Nigerian Army had some measure of success against boko haram. So to say Nigerian Army has been in a solo fight against boko haram and that is why it was unable to defeat BH is not entirely correct. So it will be obvious that the Nigerian Army deliberately allowed (or made incapacitated by "orders from above" ) boko haram to kill 10000s of people even though as we can now see, it has all the resources to have easily eliminated BH.

The way I see it is that its a lose-lose situation for GEJ. I am sure APC is just using this "cool-off" time to put some facts together to pounce on the opportunity presented by whatever the outcome is.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Adminisher: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

There's nothing like lie here. Agreed the plant was first commissioned in 1986 but it has been working below optimum capacity. This prompted GEJ to expand its capacity to 1320MW through all around rehabilitation and turnaround, hence the need for the recommissioning. Ok?

Please stop lying. Jonathan did not expand any freaking capacity to 1320MW
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by mrmetoo1: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I am not defensive. Sorry if I appeared that way. I am simply tired of people blaming the government for everything. We are simply corrupt and unpatriotic.

The govt has a big role but the presidency alone doesn't make up the govt. We are all involved. Everyone of us.

It means all of us too should give each other a hi-five because of this commissioning and not count it as a GEJ achievement. How do we count commissioning as an achievement and failures as not his fault, it shouldn't work that way. Anyway really all I was asking was does this mean Nigeria now produces 6000MW compared to the 4000MW we were producing before the commissioning?
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by denitro(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2015

GEJ yeye dey smell.
Who is fooling who.
Egbin Thermal Power station is partially operating at 994MW not 1320MW.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Adminisher: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
ahaz:
am happy you said its 32ys old and it went bad during ibbs regime.and obviously no other plant has being bult until d coming of d lame duck that nw dime it fit to repair it and buld additional 10new plants.so with d level of your so called education a man that did all dis is nt an achievment to you? Dat means your mum feed you with ogogoro and cow milk when you are born.

Who built ten additional plants, GEJ?.
YOU GUYS DONT READ. Go and read and do research before posting. OBJ started 10new plants. All GEJ has been doing albeit very badly is ti finish them and sell them off to his friends . There is no guaranteed gas supply so people are going ti get broke soon enough.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by amywonda: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
Power would be taken for granted just as fuel is taken for granted, gej till 2019, we don't want CHANGE to long lines for fuel
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by filcast(m): 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:
This is commendable. I hope this commission with immediate effect on our power supply. Let's not hear it'll take another couple of years before we feel the effect. Commissioning means ready to use meaning right now Nigeria can confidently boast of an additional 1320MW. If we add yesterday's commissioning Nigeria has an additional 2000mw electricity production. This is what this means right?
misleading at best. Unit 6 contributes about 1/6th of the 1320MW egbin installed capacity. Be educated
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Adminisher: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:

It means all of us too should give each other a hi-five because of this commissioning and not count it as a GEJ achievement. How do we count commissioning as an achievement and failures as not his fault, it shouldn't work that way. Anyway really all I was asking was does this mean Nigeria now produces 6000MW compared to the 4000MW we were producing before the commissioning?

You are happy with spending $8 2bn for 1000MW? What is it about the black man's brain and worship od authority figures? . 1000MW for $8.2bn, if it was your business would you allow this? . China is spending $20bn for. 25000MW and it is routine news. Here we must take costly corruption and incompetence from a hapless president because he comes from a minority tribe. So I ask you what about our kids, little things going to nursery and primary, struggling to understand the world around them, dont they deserve some consideration. I say get the corrupt trickster out of office for the future of our kids

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ahaz: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
AkaGum:
I have worked for ROCKSON engineering on some of these NIPP projects. our Politicians usually commission a power

station that is 40% complete during electioneering times just to get the attention of the people.

My house for PH never see public power supply in the last six days

all na wash wash
big mumu
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by mrmetoo1: 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

You are happy with spending $8 2bn for 1000MW? What is it about the black man's brain and worship od authority figures? . 1000MW for $8.2bn, if it was your business would you allow this? . China is spending $20bn for. 25000MW and it is routine news. Here we must take costly corruption and incompetence from a hapless president because he comes from a minority tribe. So I ask you what about our kids, little things going to nursery and primary, struggling to understand the world around them, dont they deserve some consideration. I say get the corrupt trickster out of office for the future of our kids

LOL!! If you had gone through my posts, I'll have been the last person you'll have written this to. I was responding to someone that was saying that GEJ shouldn't be blamed if the plants fail. So my point was we should celebrate him for commissioning but not blame him if it doesn't add any value to our life.

Before then I said even though it was commendable, commendable not fantastic, that I hope it adds immediate value to electricity production.

Believe me I want change as much, if not much more than, the next guy that wants the best for this country.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by denitro(m): 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
Power Stations in Nigeria
AES barge - 270MW
Aba power station - 140MW
Afam IV-VI - 1350MW
Alaoji power station - 1074MW
Calabar power station - 561MW
Egbema power station - 338MW
Egbin power station - 1320MW
Geregu 1 power station - 848MW
Ibom power station - 190MW
Ihovbor power station - 450MW
Okpai power station - 480MW
Olorunsogo station - 1009MW
Omoku power station - 710MW
Omotosho 1 and 2 - 1011MW
Sapele power station - 1670MW
Ughelli power station - 900MW
Total installed MW = 12,321MW (minus the dams)

Currently we are at 4105MW as a result of most of the power station partially operating of less than its installed
capacity (lack of maintenance, engineers cannot not read chinese manual, broken down turbine, lack of gas,
etc)
Why I dont understand GEJ, if he really means well for Nigerians (FIX and get all the power stations to operate at full capacity)
and we will be generating at least 12,321MW minus kainji dam.
I see a desperate president trying to win support at the eleventh hour.

GEJ PLEASE FREAKING REPAIR AND GET ALL OUR POWER STATIONS WORKING AND STOP ALL THESE NOISE.
cool cool cool My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by onileope: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
I work in this plant, na wash. Nothing is happening after CBN gave Egbin Power Plant, 5.2billion Naira. Kola Adeshina is SA to Jonathan on power, he is part of the people that run the show for Sahara Energy who owns the plant.

Kepco, a Korean company is the technical partner Sahara Energy working on Egbin plant but at the moment we generate 300mw from the 6 units which has never worked full capacity

I neither support Buhari nor Jonathan but this deception isnt good for this country. my people we are in trouble in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by klbakare(m): 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Which achievement?. Egbin is more than 27 years old. I did excursion there during Buharis regime and NEPA Nigerian engineers were taking control.of a very sophisticated plant. Everything went to dregs with IBB regime

This is a RE COMMISSIONING. That is they are commissioning again an already commissioned expansion of just one additional unit of a 30 year old plant.

When Buhari enters office again, the quality of education will improve and you guys will learn to reason critically and stop falling for LIES from politicians who are less intelligent than you.

For now please enjoy your RE-COMMISSIONING of one of the units of a 30 year old power plant by a lame duck president watching himself leaving office.

God bless you jare, tell them ooo. Egbin wey my papa follow build d tym wey dem dey construct am newly. Wey b say na hitachi do all d installations, na I'm one fool here repair some broken down sections and anoda fool bring am come here make we dey jubilate.dats wat happens wen a FOOL LEADS A FOOL.! Mtchewwwww!!!!

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by tonytony208(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

When Buhari enters office again, the quality of education will improve and you guys will learn to reason critically and stop falling for LIES from politicians who are less intelligent than you.

For now please enjoy your RE-COMMISSIONING of one of the units of a 30 year old power plant by a lame duck president watching himself leaving office.

u mean the same buhari dat came from a place where education is not even appreciated is the one that will improve education? I mean the same wassce-less buhari?

It is either you mean to say buhari will improve cattle rearing or you are showing off how good you are in writing irony.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by sultaan(m): 4:54am On Feb 22, 2015
I thought those were existing stations not new ones.
Is the President celebrating a new power station;
Replacing an old generator/transformer in an existing station;
Or adding a generator/transformer to an existing station?

I think some just decided to replace 4 qt of engine oil in one of the machines and another bulb came on so invite the president to inaugurate something in the south west grin grin( just joking)

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Greatken007(m): 5:03am On Feb 22, 2015
WHEN LAST DID JOIN UR COMMUNITY IN CONTRIBUTION FOR THE PURCHASE OF A TRANSFORMER,?
halimaabi:

Sorry to say this your sick half dead brainless old super clueless and certificateless Buhari can never rule nigerians.

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by OLADD: 6:33am On Feb 22, 2015
[quote author=Adminisher post=30955735]
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by OLADD: 6:35am On Feb 22, 2015
Adminisher:

Please stop lying. Jonathan did not expand any freaking capacity to 1320MW

Pls for God sake and that of your family, tell us what Jonathan did to Egbin thermal station Unit 6.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Ayindesegun10(m): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2015
Adminisher:

I am a VERY BIG FOOL for saying baseless facts.Buhari paid me 150 naira to do so.
Noted..You are forgiven
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Adminisher: 10:49am On Feb 22, 2015
Ayindesegun10:
Noted..You are forgiven

You can play any tricks online but you are either in darkness doing it or using a generator or inverter. A debt of $69bn is waiting for you and your children, $800bn of your coubtry's money has been squandered and you have been cursed to support the people enslaving you because you are a tribalist and a fearful hater of your fellow country men who dont belong to your religion.
We will help you inspite of yourself and elect Buhari so you will know what good leadership is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Will Not Name, Shame Terrorism Financiers - AGF, Lateef Fagbemi / Nigerians Will Not Forgive You, If You Wet Their Appetites - Momodu Tells Atiku / Amaechi Denies Collecting Pension From Rivers Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.