Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? (38782 Views)

Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) / Coconut Rice With Onion Veg Melon Sauce / How To Make Coconut Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by Fabzgrace(f): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
So i was eating coconut today and a family member told me not to eat too much that its makes any drug i take thereafter lose its potency. So guys, whats your take on this issue? Does it really affect the drug or not?
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by NeduLuiZ(m): 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
mayb its just a myth .... Also heard coconut water is used in neutralizing poisons
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by curve: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
To me oh it does as i have had a personal experience where someone took overdose and was behaving really funny and scary. I had to rush into town to get coconut that night, gave the person the water to drink and few minutes later dozed off and woke up the next morning sound

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by Fabzgrace(f): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
curve:
To me oh it does as i have had a personal experience where someone took overdose and was behaving really funny and scary. I had to rush into town to get coconut that night, gave the person the water to drink and few minutes later dozed off and woke up the next morning sound
wow then it really works.
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by curve: 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
Fabzgrace:

wow then it really works.
To me yes

I'm sure somone might diagree with me

I'm waiting!
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by estheremma(f): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
I think its just d'water dat does dat,not d'edible
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by Fabzgrace(f): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
estheremma:
I think its just d'water dat does dat,not d'edible
oh, ok.
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by RobinHez(m): 7:05am On May 02, 2015
No it doesn't. The coconut itself is like a first-aid drug.
..it rehydrates the body
..it reduces blood pressure
..and it is useful for patients, as it allows the drugs to by absorbed easily.

the only side effect (which is due to excessive consumption) is that it causes diarrhea to some people.

2 Likes

Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by Fabzgrace(f): 12:18pm On May 02, 2015
RobinHez:
No it doesn't. The coconut itself is like a first-aid drug.
..it rehydrates the body
..it reduces blood pressure
..and it is useful for patients, as it allows the drugs to by absorbed easily.

the only side effect (which is due to excessive consumption) is that it causes diarrhea to some people.
ryt. The fuss was just a myth
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 19, 2015
Fabzgrace:

George arrived home later that night,although disappointed, but with a solemn promise in his heart, never to lose hope. Afterall, "the lord closes a door and somewhere else opens a window"

He had really been angered that day. having gotten there, full dressed and ready for the interview he was told someone else had already got the job. ***

***Having taken his time to iron his stripe blue shirt, trimmed his beards, and put on a charming smile on his square shaped face, all his hopes were dashed like vapor when he heard the shocker, that someone else had already gotten the job.*

I briefly worked on the first paragraph, and edited the second one.

Didn't want to derail your nice thread, so I posted it here.

Nice work tho, interesting storyline so far.
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by Fabzgrace(f): 12:04pm On May 19, 2015
Imanuelle:

I briefly worked on the first paragraph, and edited the second one.

Didn't want to derail your nice thread, so I posted it here.

Nice work tho, interesting storyline so far.
thanks dear, i actually had sumfyn like that in mind before typing the story,but it all skipped my mind,
i think im gonna reread before posting next time.
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 19, 2015
Fabzgrace:

thanks dear, i actually had sumfyn like that in mind before typing the story,but it all skipped my mind,
i think im gonna reread before posting next time.

Okay, cool.

Sorry I couldn't do much, quite busy at the moment.
Re: Does Eating Coconut Negate The Performance Of A Drug In One's Body? by Fabzgrace(f): 12:09pm On May 19, 2015
Imanuelle:

Okay, cool.
Sorry I couldn't do much, quite busy at the moment.
thanks nonetheless.

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Nigerian Local Name For Oregano Leaves ? / Checkout This Amazing Cake (Photos) / "I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.