Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (38094 Views)

Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by victor2008(m): 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2009
pals my guy don't play with your future. try to Mary to Muslim. at worse Muslim be name is better that marry Christian that u converted because of love. I have many experience and these pretending Christian.

1 Like

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by mayor007(m): 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2009
If you wanna practise Islam successfully, don't marry a Christian. Look at it from this angle, is she gonna be down with Saum and Hajj when she does not understand the basics,

1 Like

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by mayor007(m): 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2009
If you wanna practise Islam successfully, don't marry a Christian. Look at it from this angle, is she gonna be down with Saum and Hajj when she does not understand the basics,
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by jaleyne: 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2009
it will work

my parents are the exact combination and have been happily married for over 30 years. =)

1 Like

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Lagosboy: 7:51am On Mar 05, 2009
jaleyne:

it will work

my parents are the exact combination and have been happily married for over 30 years. =)

That is no guarrantee . It does depend on the individuals invloved and not as blanket as that.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by soulamanne(m): 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2009
this is really a serious issue.am in such a situation though am indiff com my deen isnt that deep(aint proud to say that~)i respect and love this religion a lot.but what happens if we get married and crop up kids
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Abiodun92(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2009
My Mom's and Dad's marriage didn't go too well, they divorced when i was 6yrs. The main reason for the divorce was that my mother as a Christian didn't like that my Father tried to make me and my siblings moslems. sad
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by todak(m): 1:00am On Mar 17, 2009
hummmmmmmmmmmmm, the people of the book are infidels, please what is the meaning of infidel? it is a degrading word. And Islam permit one to marry an infidel, it must be a mistake abi, how can an unrighteous marry unrighteous, dey no bi desame na, abi na another way of adding to the family of the truth defenders. cryI pity that woman because if jihad start pere hm, she go know say khaki no be lether. na him wife him go first comot for road to aljanah. Even if na asasi make the lady go think am wel wel before she just inside everlasting ocean. my advise be say let the people of the book marry themselves and the truth defenders marry themselves for a better cordial and marital relationship. remember two different things can not give way to one uniform thing. be wise o make them no use ya head do steping stone to go aljanah.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Lagosboy: 8:20am On Mar 17, 2009
Sense of reasoning and deduction is an expensive quality
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Tanzos: 3:48am On Apr 17, 2009
Ahhhh!
The bliss that comes from the ignorance of men when they really choose to let their emotions over ride their reasoning!
Seriously how many people on this post have actually been on one side of the religious divide whilst their partner whom they truly love is on the other?
As far as im concerned all ive seen are posts & plenty more posts that fail to address the mans fears, sincerely!

On a general note,Let me ask based on both couples having the same religious backgrounds,which religion has a higher divorce rate, or more lightly put more complaints about spousal differences?

I keep saying this the bane of our problem is we never accept the truth,we just let our emotions & "religious preferrential differences" run riot whenever issues involving religion is involved.

Lets go back to the basics believing of course that everyone here apart from getting some form of education {which i must say im having difficulty convincing myself on its effect, sorry but i need to be honest!} also reads other books on self improvement.

At some point even if its just a snippet from a newspaper column on relationships, we all must have read something on the issue of relationships so i ask

WHAT ARE THE BASIS FOR A SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIP OF ANY KIND?

DOES MY GETTING MARRIED TO SOMEONE OF THE SAME RELIGION AS MINE GIVE 100% GUARANTEE THAT MY MARRIAGE WOULD BE FREE OF CHALLENGES OF ANY FORM LET ALONE DIVORCE?

WHAT IF MY PARENTS WERE OF YOUR RELIGION & MINE OF YOURS, WOULD WE STILL SEE THINGS THIS WAY?

&[MY FAVOURITE!], WHAT ROLE EXACTLY DID YOU PLAY IN YOUR BEING BORN INTO YOUR PRESENT RELIGION, THAT GIVES YOU AUTHORITY TO BLAME ANOTHER?, im just asking but your response hopefully would be intelligent enough.

Lets be honest with ourselves here, I believe people come here to share their views and concerns on issues so that they could be improved as individuals and so that people with similar challenges can learn, let that be at the back of our minds when we click on reply, please.

I know a couple both christains with three daughters today theyre seperated, theyre still christains even afterwards.

I also know a man who is a muslim married a muslim  for close to Eleven years today hes seperated from his wife, irreconcilleable differences he says, theyre both still muslims, with two sons and a daughter between them.

I had a Prof at school then whose wife was from a christain family,Hes a muslim, their kids are grown now all out of the house now the mans about retiring now.Met his wife the other day she said she came to get curtains for their home in the village according to her Prof was retiring soon & they had to leave the staff Quarters for our own house, I could be wrong but if she hadnt been happy with her husband all this while I dont think that look of peace on her face that day would have been there.

A friend of mines married to a christain wife hes also christain, & theyre both really happy with themselves just got back from a second honeymoon they called it in Ghana after 9yrs of marriage!

A really close friend of mine from a muslim family,you need to see the way her parents talk with each other youd almost certainly assume they were secondary school students, their first son is out of the university,the man still buys his wife chocolates!

If we all choose to look closely we all have similar examples from around us except our bias often blocks our view of things.

I really dont think God brings challenges that are beyond us our way,

How come the very thing that preaches love & peace becomes the basis for so much, ?

Dude i hope im not too late responding but if you both truly love each other, do you know even if its not the religion thing,theres tribe issue,social standing of both families?Trust me you dont want to even go there,you'd hear people of the same tribe say they dont think you should marry because of differences in your dialects!
Try raising the post and see.Youd be amazed!

, like i was saying if you both love each other, take time to be good to each other, be friends to one another,talk, talk, &more talk to each other, youd be amazed how far things will work out.

There really is a difference btw religion & knowing God.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by focused123(m): 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2009
A Christian Married a Muslim (Muhammedan ) shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

What association has light (Christian) got to do with darkness (Muslim or Muhammedan) ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I hope the man does not wrap suicide bombs on his body and blow both the woman and himself off one day.

God have mercy !!!!
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Abuzola(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2009
What a gullible fella
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2009
ALHAMDULLILAHI am a MUSLIM from the CROSS WORSHIPPERS,MARY WORSHIPPERS & GHOST WORSHIPPERS,Am indeed free
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 1:41am On Nov 01, 2009
@todak: « #71 on: March 17, 2009, 01:00 AM »
hummmmmmmmmmmmm, the people of the book are infidels, please what is the meaning of infidel?
open the "holy Bible" (lol) and in the Book of Timothy, you shall find it, Infidel that is. Then open up the Quran in Arabiya la alakum taa ki luun. By Allah I guarantee that you will not see it in there. (That is in Arabic; its no word existing, though I may call you a "kilab, but no infidel "an english word" lol!

it is a degrading word.
I agree. Shame on the book that you shall find it in! That book belongs to the dog; Kilab.

And Islam permit one to marry an infidel, it must be a mistake abi, how can an unrighteous marry unrighteous, dey no bi desame na, abi na another way of adding to the family of the truth defenders. cryI pity that woman because if jihad start pere hm, she go know say khaki no be lether. na him wife him go first comot for road to aljanah. Even if na asasi make the lady go think am wel wel before she just inside everlasting ocean. my advise be say let the people of the book marry themselves and the truth defenders marry themselves for a better cordial and marital relationship. remember two different things can not give way to one uniform thing. be wise o make them no use ya head do steping stone to go aljanah.
Since Quran does not call anybody infidel, then I guess you are wrong, and the book you will find it in 'timothy' of the Bible will be what?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by sandas: 2:47am On Nov 01, 2009
if you love her, u can marry her, or will u prefer to marry a muslim woman that will not give u rest of mind ,if u both understand each other then why not?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Riot5000: 7:00am On Aug 29, 2010
WHY DON'T YOU BOTH CHANGE RELIGIONS, OR BECOME NON RELIGIOUS ALL TOGETHER?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by zayhal(f): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2010
Riot5000:

WHY DON'T YOU BOTH CHANGE RELIGIONS, OR BECOME NON RELIGIOUS ALL TOGETHER?

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olorikan(f): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2010
@OK. Gerald, you've said it all. And besides, there are better beautiful muslim ladies out there. So, PICK YOUR CHOICE, THINK WISELY, FRIEND,
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Danen: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sure they can,as long as they respect each other's faith. Not trying to make the other see reason for conversion. You met and fell in love as a Christian and a muslim,why then should religion be a barrier? This so call religion has been the reason for most of the crisis and inherent problem in Nigeria, it has caused many to loose or miss their soulmate or true love in life. To which religion is best , let us leave that to God after all it's all about relating to God and Man.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by sleek90: 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
if God wanted 1 religion to exist HE would v simply done so and if HE wanted love not to b open he 4 do so,we as humans especially nigerians r hypocrites,when e come money issue we go forget religious differences we can make friends with anyone do business with anyone from any faith but then 2 people love each other na lie cos their religion is different,even if you both are muslims or christians remember one thing your children will still make their decisions when the grow up,if u are not at peace with yourself u can't be at peace with God,be happy with yourself and tell God what you want,how many of us truly get this faith we shout about everyday,we don't v religious differences we only have human differences
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by AbdH: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Frizy: No, no, no. I am advising you to leave her alone. She would do all the things necessary to convince your children to become Christians. My mum till date is a christian, and all her family members. The very sad thing is that my dad's family are very few compared to these people. My dad doesn't feel happy that his wife is still christian after several decades of marriage. But what can the old man do. undecided. My mum makes me laugh because she is always telling me never to bring a Muslim woman home. grin grin. But it depends on your faith in Islam, I personally can't marry a Christian no matter how beautiful she may look, guy there are millions of Muslim women that have that too. Just be careful, am talking from my experience when I was a child, I couldn't keep my mouth shut, and reported my mum each time she took me to church secretly. My dad feels very sad but believes me, at the end a lengthy argument. If you find a Christian that wants to convert to Islam, maybe that could be better-- but don't let love fool you, because when you marry a Christian, there would be certain things you have to life with, and compromise with. Except you don't love your wife!

OP, here is what I think up there^^^
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by ysalli: 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2018
barakah:
She's a christian and i was born into a muslim family. I've been a muslim for over three decades now (i.e all my life). I think she has most of the "many things" i want in a woman. It even took me a while to come across her. In my search for an ideal partner,i've had to put up with "genotype barrier" which has brought about the end of many promising relationships. Although i've not said theres none like her, am sure it'll be hard for me to loose her.Do you think settling down with her won't cause trouble for us in future? What do you think can help our situation? When the children start growing up,won't it have an effect on them? Has anybody got an experience to share?

Pleas dont!, If she love you she migjt agree to convert but when trouble comes, everybody runs to what he or she believes, expecially when she is the one that couse the trouble,
from experience

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Major Sins In Islam / Man Climbs Street Light In Abuja During Maulud Of Sheikh Ibrahim Inyass / PHOTOS: Beautiful Lady Reverts To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.