Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja (32414 Views)

See How A Facebook User Was Scammed And Given Paper At Computer Village, Ikeja / Vlogging With A Smartphone On The Streets of Computer Village, Ikeja / My Experience In Computer Village, Ikeja Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by slap1(m): 6:42am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:
Tnks u all. Dnt crucify d poor gal alone cos i was dre too
But previously you were not there. Hmm. Bros fear God o!

6 Likes

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:

Still lookin for one n dat dos not mean i dnt av a good job at hand. Just want a chage of job

You just a living proof that man can live without a brain .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by perryy(m): 6:48am On Feb 22, 2015
tongue embarassed undecided tongue shocked sad grin cheesy wink
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Taiwo20(m): 6:50am On Feb 22, 2015
RIP to the lost fone.
Like they say: Dont patronise touts, she is even lucky the policemen didnt rope her for buying a stolen fone. Forget about the issue even if its your money and not hers,

1 Like

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by sundoj08(m): 6:52am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:

U daam rite. But me no get caash for fone rite now jare
lool that's whr the trouble would start
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by sekzy99(m): 6:55am On Feb 22, 2015
adepiero:
Msg that guy and you'll get scammed again. you and GEJ be family member? common sense no dey your head
Its turning to a comedy contest for u guys abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by nairabetguru(m): 6:57am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:
Good day all. Please who can link me with anybody in Ikeja to retrieve cash back from boys in Ikeja who defraud my girl of iPhone 5s? The phone is a fake one. Reported to police but nothing happened. So I need to meet a Godfather to settle this issue. Thanks all.

cool
Listening to gobe by Davido

1 Like

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Amazo: 7:01am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:
Good day all. Please who can link me with anybody in Ikeja to retrieve cash back from boys in Ikeja who defraud my girl of iPhone 5s? The phone is a fake one. Reported to police but nothing happened. So I need to meet a Godfather to settle this issue. Thanks all.

Buy that girl a new iPhone 6+, shikena, problem solved!
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 22, 2015
If she knows the guy she bought it from something could be done. Did she know the guy?
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by obialinaeze(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:
abi oooo. Wats d way out
I am sure,no way he could be seen again.
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by psalmz(m): 7:13am On Feb 22, 2015
But let's be honest here,Nigerians are greedy. A London used 16gig iphone 5s cost 75k,and when u place adverts of the original online, people will be calling to price it for 30k. Some even 25k,and when u buy a fake u expect it to function like the real one?

Blame both sellers and buyers,buyers in particular. U want something authentic and u can't pay for it? Let her go home and start over again,next time,don't patronize street boys, just walk into any shop of your choice and deal with the owner in person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 22, 2015
Guests:
Nothing can be done, just get her a brown handkerchief do the tears and pancake combo won't make the stains obvious.
thanks for making me smile.....God will make u smile today

3 Likes

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by psalmz(m): 7:15am On Feb 22, 2015
and even if she sees the guy and drags him to the police,where is the proof they had a transaction?where is the receipt after purchase?just forget it and stop wasting your time
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by heayey(m): 7:15am On Feb 22, 2015
she just come lagos ni
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Sarimah(f): 7:17am On Feb 22, 2015
road side guys?

forget it...
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by psalmz(m): 7:19am On Feb 22, 2015
then she should have taken someone along with her,na biz jare,those boys are hustling. if u wana buy an iphone and u don't knww how it fuctions,take someone along who knws about it . After all them no force am pay the money. Una want better market yet una no wan pay well. As for the guy he don hammer.
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Ishilove: 7:20am On Feb 22, 2015
psalmz:
But let's be honest here,Nigerians are greedy. A London used 16gig iphone 5s cost 75k,and when u place adverts of the original online, people will be calling to price it for 30k. Some even 25k,and when u buy a fake u expect it to function like the real one?

Blame both sellers and buyers,buyers in particular. U want something authentic and u can't pay for it? Let her go home and start over again,next time,don't patronize street boys, just walk into any shop of your choice and deal with the owner in person.
WORD.
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by elari(m): 7:25am On Feb 22, 2015
O. P, E don set be say e don set. But I blame this on greed, y trade an S3+add 30k for an iPhone? Guess she wanted to show her friends who have iPhone she could get one too.
Now, as for the double mindset u have on the relationship, just leave that one Jare, and look for other areas she has short comings you can't tolerate.
Computer village guys don make her cry already, don't add to that.
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:28am On Feb 22, 2015
When a street boy approaches you for patronage, ask him to take you to his/their shop and make sure you get a receipt/invoice for the transaction. A few of them are not bad but are in the streets marketing the shops/businesses of the ogas especially the ones whose shops are not easily noticed. If something goes wrong with your purchase, you know exactly where to go and make your complain.

1 Like

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by psalmz(m): 7:32am On Feb 22, 2015
You right,Nd when u collect your receipt.compaare it with the name of the store,it must correspond
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by holysaint1(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2015
pliiz.. Any body here who works @ ikeja and deals basically with fones (especially) repairs, should please identify...
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by arimahoseloka(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2015
haba!! she bought a phone on the roadside and didn't check the phone to see if its original. that's not wise of her. at all
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by cybercares(m): 7:35am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:

Wow this is so sad ! Fake Iphone, Samsung, HTC, Blacberry is now flooded the streets of computer village and I have told people times without number never to partronize street boys because they will dupe you and even Police cannot do anything about it because police in computer village too are being paid to look other way.

I know what I'm saying cos I have a shop in computer village and its been a business as usual and we the genuine shop owners cannot do anything about it because the market is being controlled by touts and illitrates.

Last time I was so surprised when I first saw Iphone 6 look alike (fake)...yes! Its very much like the real Iphone6 and even if you are Iphone person you might not know.the funniest part is that its very cheap, I mean extreamely cheap, guess how much...N11,000.

I wish I can help you retrieve your money back but it wouldn't be that easy cos the phone was not purchased in a shop and no reciept for the phone.even though your GF can recognise the guy, he will deny he ever sell any iphone to anyone. My advice advice to you is that you should let it go cos no one can help you get your money back

My people trust me, you don't want to partronize the street boys cos no matter how smart you are, they will always cheat you and if you are too rigid they will collect your money and beat you or robe you.
BE WISE!

4 Likes

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 22, 2015
Donjcco:
lol. grin funny trend...
I respect those my IBO brothers when it comes to hustling...
na so them sell h7 wey him temperature dey rise up to 108°F and it suddenly crash...take heart bro.
Mostly Yoruba hustlers that put in time to defraud peeps in computer village
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by coolluk(m): 7:38am On Feb 22, 2015
I feel like insulting her but ama just shut up

Samsung s3 used goes for like 30k, added 30k is 60k, why didn't she just buy it from a shop

d money is gone, sowie

1 Like

Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by kezzy042(m): 7:38am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:
i understand u bro. Dis act of her is makin me tink twice alredy. Just wanna see if i can sort dis out
U don't av to fink dat way cos nobody is above mistake. Pple make mistake more dan dis u only learn frm ur mistake but in a hard way.
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by holysaint1(m): 7:39am On Feb 22, 2015
VoteOutPDPJona:
When a street boy approaches you for patronage, ask him to take you to his/their shop and make sure you get a receipt/invoice for the transaction. A few of them are not bad but are in the streets marketing the shops/businesses of the ogas especially the ones whose shops are not easily noticed.

sme of those boiz might be arrogant and quite greedy.. Mayb, they take you to their shop, and from the look of thins you still small sumtin fishy bout to go down., and you are tryna leave..., they might pick an offence with you.. As to why you followed them to their shop without wanting to / buying anything from them... #truestory
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by ray2Dmond(m): 7:42am On Feb 22, 2015
dey don show am "lagos" grin
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by holysaint1(m): 7:44am On Feb 22, 2015
cybercares:

Wow this is so sad ! Fake Iphone, Samsung, HTC, Blacberry is now flooded the streets of computer village and I have told people times without number never to partronize street boys because they will dupe you and even Police cannot do anything about it because police in computer village too are being paid to look other way.

I know what I'm saying cos I have a shop in computer village and its been a business as usual and we the genuine shop owners cannot do anything about it because the market is being controlled by touts and illitrates.

Last time I was so surprised when I first saw Iphone 6 look alike (fake)...yes! Its very much like the real Iphone6 and even if you are Iphone person you might not know.the funniest part is that its very cheap, I mean extreamely cheap, guess how much...N11,000.

I wish I can help you retrieve your money back but it wouldn't be that easy cos the phone was not purchased in a shop and no reciept for the phone.even though your GF can recognise the guy, he will deny he ever sell any iphone to anyone. My advice advice to you is that you should let it go cos no one can help you get your money back

My people trust me, you don't want to partronize the street boys cos no matter how smart you are, they will always cheat you and if you are too rigid they will collect your money and beat you or robe you.
BE WISE!

bro.. From your comment, you admitted to owning a shop in ikeja... Pliz i am in need of a shop where they sell original samsung parts... Cause my samsung SII captivate power button is bad.. So am tryna change with a better one.
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Burger01(m): 7:46am On Feb 22, 2015
Forget it. The transaction don enter voice mail.
Re: Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja by Lexusgs430: 7:46am On Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to Lagos State!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is The Syinix 55 Inch TVs Worth It? / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? / Unboxing Photos Of The New Nokia 3310 (2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.