Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals (4990 Views)

Singer Asa Flaunts Her Boyfriend [PHOTO] / Checkout Singer Waje's Daughter.. Pretty Lady. / Singer Asa Shows Off Her Thighs For The First Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Funfreak: 7:29am On Feb 22, 2015

FULL NAME: Bukola Elemide
DATE OF BIRTH: 17 September 1982
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: NOT MARRIED
EARLY LIFE AND BACKGROUND
Born Bukola Elemide, Aṣa was born in Paris, France to her Nigerian parents. Her family returned to live in Nigeria when she was two. Aṣa grew up in Alagbole, a border town in Ogun state near Lagos, in the south-western part of Nigeria. Twenty years later, Aṣa returned to Paris where her life as an artist took off.
Aṣa was the only female child in the family and had three brothers. At a tender age she began to look after the house during her parents' frequent absences. This is when Aṣa started to sing. Over the years her father had built up a fine collection of records featuring soul classics and Nigerian music, including Marvin Gaye, Fela Kuti, Bob Marley, Aretha Franklin, King Sunny Adé, Ebenezer Obey and Lagbaja and Asa went on to draw inspiration from them.
Asa grew up in Lagos, a city teeming with people and buzzing with energy but also home to a deep-rooted spirituality. Islam thrives shoulder to shoulder with Christianity in an atmosphere of tolerance, the young imitate America, and the turbulent city moves endlessly in an infernal and yet harmonious ballet of love and hate, laughter and violence, poverty and wealth.
“Lagos is the New York of Nigeria. If you want to get anywhere in music, that’s where you’ll find the best opportunities, as well as the worst pitfalls.”
Whenever Asa came home from school in Nigeria, she discovered musical acts like Erykah Badu, D'Angelo, Raphael Saadiq, Lauryn Hill, Femi Kuti and Angélique Kidjo. This was while she was in pursuit of educational excellence, and these musical acts are whose footprints she dreamed of following.
Asa was a lonely child. The family, her brothers, Africa….and yet: she didn’t fit into the usual clichés and was often sad, feeling out of place in childhood, even more so in the world of adolescence. She was different, and music became an escape route as well as a
daydream. Asa would sometimes go to the park with her bothers to sing and dance, but
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING AND SEE FULL DETAIlS
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by thinkdip(m): 7:48am On Feb 22, 2015
alright
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Caseless: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2015
Not yet married? Oga oo.
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 22, 2015
Caseless:
Not yet married? Oga oo.
and u think marriage is d greatest achievement in the world?...
N.B:-its a rhetorical question.

1 Like

Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Codedrock(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
phrenoz:
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Caseless: 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
phrenoz:
what is rhetorical about ur question? Are single, too?
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
Caseless:
what is rhetorical about ur question? Are single, too?
...yes,very single and hoping to be for a long while since marriage has not won those around me any award nor has it made the world a better place....

1 Like

Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Caseless: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
phrenoz:
...yes,very single and hoping to be for a long while since marriage has not won those around me any award nor has it made the world a better place....
phrenoz! Phrenoz!! Phrenoz!!! How many times did I call u? You know what u put out is not the right thing- without marriage and reproduction, you and I couldn't have been here. You are going against nature.
U need to be 'un-singled'.
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by MzCorleone(f): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
I like her locs
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 23, 2015
Caseless:
phrenoz! Phrenoz!! Phrenoz!!! How many times did I call u? You know what u put out is not the right thing- without marriage and reproduction, you and I couldn't have been here. You are going against nature.
U need to be 'un-singled'.
....I'm going against a tradition that has subjected people to a lot of pain and discrimination...not nature. I'm not anti-marriage I just hate it when people try to make it seem like its the peak of existence....if a person decides not to get married he/she should be free to live without other people getting involved....and if I'm going to be "un-singled" its definitely going to be by someone who understands all these.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Caseless: 8:44am On Feb 23, 2015
phrenoz:
....I'm going against a tradition that has subjected people to a lot of pain and discrimination...not nature. I'm not anti-marriage I just hate it when people try to make it seem like its the peak of existence....if a person decides not to get married he/she should be free to live without other people getting involved....and if I'm going to be "un-singled" its definitely going to be by someone who understands all these.
this is powerful! I think I understand all these. *'un-singling' mode activated*
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Uniquexty(f): 9:48am On Feb 23, 2015
Phrenoz, you r so on point

1 Like

Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2015
Caseless:
Not yet married? Oga oo.
Oga caseless, may be she is waiting for u grin
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2015
phrenoz:
Hmmmmm may be, bt because it didn't go well with those around u doesn't mean urs will not go well too. Don't let others to live ur life for u. ur choice though.
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
sameer1212:
Hmmmmm may be, bt because it didn't go well with those around u doesn't mean urs will not go well too. Don't let others to live ur life for u. ur choice though.
...I never said it didn't go well...and u r right its MY choice.
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
Caseless:
this is powerful! I think I understand all these. *'un-singling' mode activated*
...Lol,I'd like to see you try.
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by benosky(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
ok
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Caseless: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
phrenoz:
grin Ok, be on the lookout for me. I'm going to give it all.

1 Like

Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Caseless: 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
sameer1212:
Oga caseless, may be she is waiting for u grin
grin grin na old gal she be.
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
phrenoz:
...I never said it didn't go well...and u r right its MY choice.
Yeah. Hw are u today? Fine I guess.... Cheers..

1 Like

Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Codedrock(m): 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
lolz.. embarassedlolz..
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Caseless: 2:17am On Feb 24, 2015
phrenoz:
I did check or twitter page. it's been long u touched there. grin
phrenoz:
I did check or twitter page. it's been long u touched there. grin grin
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 24, 2015
Caseless:
I did check or twitter page. it's been long u touched there. ;DI did check or twitter page. it's been long u touched there. grin grin
yeah...I don't like Twitter.
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by Caseless: 7:46am On Feb 24, 2015
phrenoz:
yeah...I don't like Twitter.
I noticed that. It is good to knw that u like nairaland; i'm here too.
Re: Checkout Singer ASA Touching Biography,life And Scandals by kponkedenge(m): 7:47am On Feb 24, 2015
Its well

lalasticlala ishilove obinoscopy seun

Meanwhile in another news

www.nairaland.com/2132165/face-santa-studio-beauty-pageant

(1) (Reply)

List The Popular Celebrity/person That Finished From Ur University / Rita Ora Flashes Too-much Side Boobs As She Goes Braless In New York / Moyo Lawal And Her Boyfriend Bukky Wright's Son Are Engaged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.