Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Coping With Islam And Work - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Coping With Islam And Work (1049 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam / Christianity Face To Face With Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping With Islam And Work by okgerald(m): 10:29pm On Jan 07, 2009
I am Banker, i wake up early and and come back home late. its not easy observing my 5 daily salat.i always observe the the morning salat but dont observe others . what do i do to make it easy for me cos am usually fagged out when i get back frm work. advice needeed
Re: Coping With Islam And Work by okgerald(m): 7:24am On Jan 08, 2009
sad
Re: Coping With Islam And Work by ajibawealt(m): 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2009
We're in the same boat, but the difference is I'm not a banker. It's important you find out time to observe your daily salat. What I normally does is to go for my break between 3 & 4 pm, observe Suri and Asri and will make up the remaining two later in the night when I get home.
Re: Coping With Islam And Work by olabowale(m): 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2009
Brothers and Sisters, in Islam; As Salaamualaykum wa rahmatullahi Ta'ala wa Barakatuh. May Allah not make us muslims by names, only. Amin.

The prophet (AS) says that the difference between Muslims and non-muslims is the Salah. Allah says in His Book, in Surah Muminu; Those who guard their Prayers (As in the descriptions of the quality of true Believers; Muminu).

The people of knowledge says that this verse (its within the first 10 verses of the Surah), above, from their knowledge of the Sunnah of our noble Prophet (as), is that the mumin is never neglecting the time of proper observation of the salah.

It is reported that three things can't be delayed. According to the Sunnah/Hadith. One of them is Salah.

Please brother, make your compulsory Salah on time as much as possible. Take 5 Minutes off from your schedule, at the time each salah comes in and make it. Its bad enough we are not making it in congregations. Its bad enough that we are working with those who are insensitive to this responsibility commanded by Allah.

But we should not let ourselves fall so low, that people doubt if we are Abdallah or Abdollar!
When Zuhr comes in, take a 10 minutes break and make wudu and make the 4 rakah, between 1.30 and 2.30 pm, if thats what it is. Then struggle to keep your wudu, for Asr at 4.00 to 4.30 pm. Magrib is immediately when the Sun sets. Make it, because it have a short window. Then Isha you can delay till you get home.

This way, you will not be so hard pressed to make so much salah, all at once, which is the reason that you are not making them, at all, almost. The Hadith that one may sleep as a believer but wakes up as a disbeliever is true. the same is waking up and the sleeping. Or the reverse in disbeliever to believer!

We pray and hope that our case is the case of successful servant. We have One Lord God Allah the Creator. We know who we are worshipping. Please seek His Aids, alone in your struggle to be good muslims, better worshippers.

(1) (Reply)

Benefit Of Sujudud Shukur / What Happened To MSSN? / Islam- A Much Misunderstood Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.