Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] (30640 Views)

Herbalists Strip Woman, Kill Husband, Friend / Man Loses Land, Millions To Trusted Friends (pictured) / Diamond Bank's Staff Jailed For Transferring Millions To Family Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by john6006: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2015
The police in Lagos have declared wanted a man whose stock-in-trade is using his three wives who pose as witches to defraud unsuspecting victims with false promises of a better future.

The suspect, Awosina Folorunsho and his wives Debo­rah, Hadiza and Folake got busted when Moses Okafor, husband of their latest victim, Helen Okafor trailed his wife to their hideout at Sango Ota in Ogun State. She was alleged to have paid more than N10 million to the syndi­cate before her husband got wind of their activities.

Despite alleged death threats, Moses summoned the courage and alerted the police at the Lagos State com­mand, Ikeja, where operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, were detailed to storm their hideout in San­go-Ota area of Ogun State where they arrested one of the wives, Deborah while Awosina and the other wives fled the compound.

According to the police, their modus operandi is to ad­vertise in major national dailies. As soon as their victims get in touch with them through the phone numbers on the adverts, they will devise different means including threat to life to extort money from them.

Sounding sober, Deborah, an indigene of Ekiti State, claims that her husband is a very popular herbalist in Sango Ota.

“He is a well-known herbalist and has customers across the country. His medicine is very potent, that is why people patronize us. This is an unfortunate situation. No one is after the woman and if I tell her, she will still go to another place and spend that money. It was the devil that took over us because we are genuine persons”, she stated.

According to Deborah, who said she is the first wife, it is a taboo to disobey their husband hence their decision to help his business to grow. “He is genuine but sometimes applies wisdom in convincing his customers. This is where we are needed. Recently, he called us that there is a woman who needs help and that we would consult the oracle for her. I did and discovered that nothing is wrong as she will make much money in 2015. My husband told me that she is rich and desperate. Since her future is already bright, we decided to take advantage of that. The whole money is with my husband. He has not given any of us our share from the business before police arrested me.”

How I fell victim –Helen

Helen’s desperation started when she noticed that a cer­tain neighbour’s shop had turned to a Mecca of some sort. “I own a cosmetic shop in Balogun market, Lagos Island. I have a neighbour who could barely pay her rent in the market. Suddenly, she was having so many customers and her goods hardly stay up to three days. She was always travelling to buy goods at least three times in a month and that is unusual. It was really embarrassing and I sought solution everywhere, all to no avail. It was then that my friend advised me to seek an alternative source of attracting customers. She was the one who suggested that I should read that particular newspaper.”

Helen claims that before her husband rescued her, she had lost more than N10 million to the syndicate. “I saw the advert in one of the national dailies. The advert was a solution to stagnant businesses. When I called them, they told me that it will only cost about N10,000 for prayers and buying the necessary ingredients.

“Initially, I went to see them at Mushin and I was given a form to fill with my passport. They took N8000 and told me that the money was meant to be used to buy all the in­gredients which include chicken, hot drink and some other things that would be used to appease the gods.

“During the consultation, the herbalist told me that it was my neighbours in the market that had stolen my star. I believed because my business suddenly started dwindling. I can hardly finish selling my cosmetics in three months.

“After much prayer, he said that we will travel down to Sango Ota to collect money that I will reinvest in my business.”

On getting to Sango Ota, she was ushered into a very big compound and asked to go and sit in the living room. “I begged him to get the money for me but he said that it is only the owner that will pick it or else it will lose its po­tency. When we got there, I was ushered into a living room that had red curtains all over. I was terrified but determined to improve my fortunes.

“Suddenly, the light went off and started blinking. I wanted to run out but discovered that the door was locked. It was then three women all dressed in white appeared. They showed me a carton full of money and asked me to go and bring N3million to cleanse the money and make it mine.

“Baba came in shivering and told me to do it or I will die. He said this was the only way I will have the opportu­nity to make it. By the time he calculated the amount need­ed, it was about N3.5 million. After seeing those women who claimed that they are witches of the land, I thought I will die. I quickly made available the amount and gave them”, she narrated.

When she returned, Helen said she was asked again to dip her hands into either of the remaining pot. “It was the same procedure but this time only two women appeared. I dipped my hand into the pot by my right and still picked pieces of paper. I must confess that I heard the sound of thunder and lightning. It was terrified, I begged for mercy while a voice shouted that I must appease the gods. Baba came in again and said that the evil spirits after me are so many. He assured me that the last pot contains what I needed. I was asked to bring N6million to handle the sac­rifice. I had no choice because I was scared for my life and secondly the future will be brighter.

“I returned on the agreed date to dip my hand in the third pot but my husband who trailed me, stormed the room and broke the pot. It was then my eyes opened. Inside the pot was another paper written that I should bring N10million or my entire family will be wiped out. I guess that I was un­der a spell and I thank God for using my husband to rescue me. I guess I was under a spell.”

The victim’s husband, Mr. Okafor said he became wor­ried when he realised that his wife was sneaking out of the house early in the morning and returning home very late. “I confronted her and she told me that she went to visit a friend in Sango. I was worried because this has never happened and the surprising part is that she will always sneak out of the house. On 28th January, 2015, I decided to follow her.

“I allowed her to enter the compound and followed her. I was not comfortable with the environment and I needed to know the secret my wife kept from me. I walked into the house and discovered that it was a shrine. They tried to stop me but I boldly broke the pot and they threatened that I will die. They gathered us to drink all kinds of concoction and to also sign an undertaking that we hired them to perform rituals. We agreed and was detained for the whole night while witches including Deborah told my wife to try and complete the ritual. To escape from them, we agreed and was released the next morning. The next day, I reported the matter to the police.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=105862

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by phemsie(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2015
I smell FP. FTC sha

Good morning ppl
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by SMALLPENIS(f): 9:54am On Feb 22, 2015
I knew this would make FP grin
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Caseless: 10:07am On Feb 22, 2015
Women and herbalist- i cant describe the r/ship between the 2.

10 Likes

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by xreal: 10:09am On Feb 22, 2015
SMALLPENIS:
In church...

are you addicted to NL?
you dey church dey pray and also read NL.

off that phone, and worship your GOD with full concentration.

10 Likes

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by smakati(m): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2015
No one in this case is blameless except the innocent husband. The jealousy of her next door neighbour led her to been swindled. She didn't think of using business strategies to increase her own sales. Advertising for instance, which is ironic because even the babalawo that duped her was smart enough to advertise himself in the papers, lol.

I am sure she didn't tell her husband anything, maybe he suspected it himself, I wonder what would have happened if the babalawo told her the husband was responsible for her misfortune and he should be eliminated. She probably would have killed her husband too. If I were the husband I will send her packing. This is why I will never marry a Nigerian woman, they are too secretive, think they are smart and are heartless. Make e no better for me if I marry a nigerian woman.

The funny aspect is when you ask people like this what there religion is, they will shout Christianity but small challenge they are at the doors of a native doctor.

Nigerian christians hypocrites since 1960.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by SMALLPENIS(f): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2015
xreal:

are you addicted to NL?
you dey church dey pray and also read NL.

off that phone, and worship your GOD with full concentration.

Am just on my way to church angry

2 Likes

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by xreal: 10:40am On Feb 22, 2015
SMALLPENIS:

Am just on my way to church angry

k, remember me in prayers.

1 Like

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Sabadon(m): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2015
busted....... grin
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
What a syndicate ? Toko-taya spiritual help ltd. bursted lol
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by obeteman1: 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Na waaa
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by chiwex(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
women decieved even by snake

3 Likes

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by ataller1: 7:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
My people perish because because of lack of knowledge

3 Likes

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
Still wondering how inept pple can be,, truly I can't fall for this kinda scam, every1 wants easy money, now u've lost d little u had
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by ellechrystal(f): 3:11am On Feb 23, 2015
Chai.. Too bad
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by wemmieslim(f): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2015
Serves her right tongue
No sympathy for you ma'am!!

1 Like

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by countsparrow: 12:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
Okay
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Maczeelly(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eeyah sorry
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Nikapetrelli(f): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ur husband don save u,U dey find quick money cos u saw ur neighbour progressing,u have no idea hw ur neighbour is making her progress.Jealousy n Greed

1 Like

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by fatdon2(m): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
I love this kind of business. They where just unlucky.
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
grin grin grin grin

ANOTHER REASON TO AVOID MARRYING NIGERIAN WOMEN. cool

IF YOU WANT TO LIVE LONG MARRY OUTSIDE THE SHORES OF NIGERIA cool

3 Likes

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by FOR1234(f): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
I WONDER WHY PPLE STILL PATRONISE AND BELIV DIS PPLE.......WEN GOD HAS GIVEN US THE POWER TO COMMAND OUR DESTINY

5 Likes

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Kingkamal(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
A BOMBSHELL!! – ANOTHER HORROR STORY FROM THE INTELLIGENCE FILES!!

My people, because of the tireless and fearless work that we do at CUPS, which involves enlightening our people on how to save themselves from corruption, misrule, tyranny, occupation, and genocide, we get a lot of leaked information from informants in Nigeria. Some of it is excellent, and some of it is just recycled conspiracy ideas on Facebook. Meanwhile we at CUPS have near perfected ways of verifying leaked information sent to us using different techniques, including the use of digital forensics, which is one of my fields of expertise as a Computer Security Research Scientist.We therefore don't publish any story unless be really believe there are elements of truth in it.

The story below reached us this morning (23/02/2015). It came from one of our reliable sources in Nigeria. It is one of the most disturbing stories that we have yet received. Read it and make your own judgement!

“I have it on a strong ground that there is a plan to capture a Shekau before the week to elections. And the captured Shekau who is currently undergoing training on what to say and do will mention Buhari as one of their core sponsors. The target according to the source is to discourage Southern voters and the Northern Christians (from liking Buhari). The confession is alleged to be so perfectly planned that Buhari may even be arrested and even those who love him may think twice (about his sincerity). The sum of 4.5 billion Naira is purportedly budgeted. The purpose of this budget I am told is for bribing some Northern clerics so when the time comes, they will pacify their followers (to reject Buhari as he is BoKo Haram sponsor). There will purportedly be audio of phone calls (between Buhari and the Boko Haram leaders). Buhari will not be able to sue the government since it will be an arranged confession of a captured terrorist. Now, I am not saying this (leak) is true. But knowing how desperate these PDP people are, they can do just anything to get Buhari out of the way. Honestly, I am deeply, deeply, deeply, worried. In fact, I am troubled. Kindly share this and let the world know about this evil machination of the PDP before it is too late. Kindly do it. The person who gave me this information is an Intelligence officer with the Army. He looks worried too.”

May God save Nigeria and Nigerians. Amen.

Dr. Idris Ahmed.
https://twitter.com/CUPS_nigeria
https://www./cupsnigeria/
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dr-idris-ahmed/34/628/71b
23/02/2015.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
Brave husband! To be a man is not easy.
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Johnnoah1st: 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
L
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Big4wig(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
One day a woman wanted to know how the
husband would react if she left without telling him
where she had gone. So she decided to write him a
letter saying she was tired of him and didn't want to
live with him anymore and after writing she put
the letter on the table in the bedroom and then hid
under the bed...

When the husband came back
home, saw the letter and read it, he replied on the
same paper and then began to sing and dance
changing his clothes. He got his phone, dialled
someone then said: "Hey babe, am just changing
clothes now and then will join you, as for the other fool it has
finally dawned on her that I was fooling around
with her and has left. I was wrong..really wrong to
have married her, I wish I had known you earlier.
See you soon honey!"
The husband walked out of
the room and left.
In tears and very upset, the
woman got up from under the bed and decided to
go and read what the husband wrote on the letter.

When she got the letter, it said:
"I COULD see your
feet under the bed, I didn't make any phone call.. I am going to buy bread. Stand up, stop your silly
games and prepare me a meal.. I LOVE YOU!"

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by biz2get(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by flames77(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
Good day.
We buy data bundle in bulk from mtn and resale at affordable prices, the data will last for 30 days and roll over is possible too.

Visit our website www.buycheapdata..com for more details.

We are fair and transparent in all our dealings, so no risk at all.

We sell
1gb for N1,200 recharge card/ bank transfer
2gb for N2,400 recharge card/ bank transfer
3gb for N3,500 recharge card/ bank transfer
5gb for N5,500 strictly bank transfer
6gb for N6,500 strictly bank transfer

Payment through recharge card format, compose a text message in the format below, and note; recharge cards must be mtn.

*recharge pin (25346789320)
*amount of data(1gb)
*the phone number the data will be allocated to(08065432156)

Send to 08161675361

E.g
123456789123 254365678890-- pin for n1000 & n200
1gb
Your mtn phone number

Send message to 08161675361
After sending your message and the recharge is confermed, your data will be sent in less than 5 minutes.

For payment through bank transfer, please visit our website www.buycheapdata..com

You can talk to us live on 08064170533
Email us at buycheapdat@gmail.com

Live whatsapp chat on 08097976054
Pls visit and like our Facebook fan page www.facebook.com/buycheapdata

And 1 last thing,
We love our customers and we will serve them better to keep them.
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Herbalist and witches in these jet age?

Well, many lose a lot of money to pastors and reverends guised as tithes and special sowings!
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
k
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by emmyw(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hmm
Re: Business Woman Losses Millions To Herbalists & 3 Fake Witches [photo] by BizBloke(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
3 fake witches, ke? You see winch, you carry money give am. You don see good winch for naija before? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Father Kills Own Daughter In Bauchi With Rat Poison (Photo) / Abducted Chibok Girl, Boko Haram Husband Surrender To Soldiers / Man Brutalises His Daughter Over School Uniform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.