Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,310 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat (9714 Views)

TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / Why Do Ladies Feel So Hurt When Their Lovers Cheat / 25 Reason Why We Ladies Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by H2O2: 12:15am On Jan 08, 2009
"A friend of mine told me that he had had revelation - a moment of epiphany he called it - as he realised that he is addicted to falling in love: the excitement, the warmth, the high, the getting to explore a new partner, and the other feelings that come with meeting a new person. He also told me that after that initial phase has passed, he has withdrawal symptoms that involve taking his partner for granted. He no longer has butterflies in his stomach when she calls and he no longer wants to go out of his way to please or to impress her. He said that he will eventually get married to the girl he is seeing now, but he misses the beginnings. Listening to him talk made me realise that most couples, knowingly or unknowingly, fall into this trap and the longer they stay with their partners, the more they take them for granted. The next thing you know, they are both unhappy and they have both forgetten why they even got together in the first place. This piece is an attempt to remind each man and woman who is in a relationship of the things they take for granted and shouldn't."

http://www.marwarakha.com/index.php?categoryid=23&p2_articleid=144
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by tope2000(f): 12:19am On Jan 08, 2009
Nope, i don't think that is why people cheat undecided
Ur friend just happened to be those kind of people that easily fall out of love or get bored undecided
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Sabuni: 12:19am On Jan 08, 2009
tope2000:

Nope, i don't think that is why people cheat undecided
Ur friend just happened to be those kind of people that easily fall out of love or get bored undecided
Yup smiley
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by H2O2: 12:26am On Jan 08, 2009
lol it isn't my frend o
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by tope2000(f): 12:28am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

"A friend of mine told me that he had had revelation - a moment of epiphany he called it - as he realised that he is addicted to falling in love: the excitement, the warmth, the high, the getting to explore a new partner, and the other feelings that come with meeting a new person.

H2O2:

lol it isn't my frend o

busted tongue
why r u denyin ur friend na?
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by SeanT21(f): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2009
It was not LOVE in the first place.Physical attractions only!!
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by sillyboy(m): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2009
@ OP/Topic.

Cheating is an "involuntary" action.

cheaters dont know what they are doing till they are caught.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by tope2000(f): 12:31am On Jan 08, 2009
sillyboy:

@ OP/Topic.

Cheating is an "involuntary" action.

cheaters don't know what they are doing till they are caught.

Agbero dia tongue
pls i beg to differ, does not know what?
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by H2O2: 12:32am On Jan 08, 2009
SeanT21:

It was not LOVE in the first place.Physical attractions only!!

please, you haven't been in love. how do you know

it is like driving a new car. the rush is there for some time, but after a while you get used to it. you get another car but you still love the old car. wink
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by H2O2: 12:34am On Jan 08, 2009
tope2000:

busted tongue
why r u denyin ur friend na?

Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by syren: 12:35am On Jan 08, 2009
@ post

I don't see why it can't be a reason. When things become stagnant people lose interest and their eyes start to wander, but if the love is strong enough they can work through it.
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Moonstone(f): 12:37am On Jan 08, 2009
Lovers cheat for different reason. I think falling out of love could be a factor but mostly, I think it's greed that's the main thing. If you fall out of love with someone, there are ways to fall back in like with the person and tolerate that person. After sometime, it's no longer love, it becomes friendship. I feel if you have a strong friendship after the initial stage of love, there is nothing you can't overcome. Out of respect for that person, you won't cheat on him/her.
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 08, 2009
If there's no cure/prevention for cheating, then it's best we stop wasting valuable time on the reason why men cheat.

We can continue to wonder on it, but it still does not prevent them from cheating. goats!
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by H2O2: 12:38am On Jan 08, 2009
Nobody asked why men cheat. You are sexist!
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by SeanT21(f): 12:39am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

please, you haven't been in love. how do you know

it is like driving a new car. the rush is there for some time, but after a while you get used to it. you get another car but you still love the old car. wink

REal Love Last FOREVER!!
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

Nobody asked why men cheat. You are sexist!
I'm not
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Moonstone(f): 12:39am On Jan 08, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

We can continue to wonder on it, but it still does not prevent them from cheating. goats!
Are you minding them? Just looking for justification to continue their lewd acts. It's all good. I'll play along - I love playing along
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 08, 2009
Moonstone:

Are you minding them? Just looking for justification to continue their lewd acts. It's all good. I'll play along - I love playing along
Seriously, some go so low as to blame it on mental instability.

SeanT21:

REal Love Last FOREVER!!
Is there real love? fairy tale undecided
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by H2O2: 12:40am On Jan 08, 2009
SeanT21:

REal Love Last FOREVER!!
I never argued with you on that  undecided

If your lover accidentally cheats on you, are you going to take him back because "REal Love Last FOREVER!!"??  Better use your head
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by sillyboy(m): 12:43am On Jan 08, 2009
Cheating is not a man's fault. . . .
It's the DEVIL naw.
You gurls should blame the insensitive devil jare instead of the man.

@ Tope.
Agbero indeed. . . . .
you have seen too many Fadeyi movies.
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Moonstone(f): 12:46am On Jan 08, 2009
There is NOTHING called accidental cheating. What da heck? Was he sleeping when he was busy grinding? I can understand kiss but accidental sex? HECK NO!

Real love does not exist anymore darl. . . we are past that stage. Those were the days of our great grand parents.

Sillyboy, Blame it on the Devil! That is what you all are good at.
Cheating is not the devil's fault. It's the fault of men with NO self control and no self-discipline.
Men that lack discerning spirit cheat. If you have a discerning spirit, you would be able to abstain from cheating.
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by tope2000(f): 12:48am On Jan 08, 2009
sillyboy:

Cheating is not a man's fault. . . .
It's the DEVIL naw.
You gurls should blame the insensitive devil jare instead of the man.

@ Tope.
Agbero indeed. . . . .
you have seen too many Fadeyi movies.

Lolz grin
Oh yeah ofcos blame it on the devil angry angry
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by H2O2: 12:49am On Jan 08, 2009
How come you only understand kiss? Why not sex?  He could be drunk and stressed.  Some desperate girl could take advantage of him.
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 08, 2009
Moonstone:

There is NOTHING called accidental cheating. What da heck? Was he sleeping when he was busy grinding? I can understand kiss but accidental sex? HECK NO!

Real love does not exist anymore darl. . . we are past that stage. Those were the days of our great grand parents.

Sillyboy, Blame it on the Devil! That is what you all are good at.
Cheating is not the devil's fault. It's the fault of men with NO self control and no self-discipline.
Men that lack discerning spirit cheat. If you have a discerning spirit, you would be able to abstain from cheating.
LOL, or maybe he fell on her and his Kini accident went into her kinla.
Abeg, wetin we no go hear from NL men.

@sillyboy
Most times, men are devil themselves
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by vicade(m): 12:49am On Jan 08, 2009
As far as i know girls are more deadly in cheating and scheming than guys.

Ha. Obinrin? Woman?! lipsrsealed
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Vonny: 12:50am On Jan 08, 2009
H2,

Your friend is a cheater in the making,
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 08, 2009
vicade:

As far as i know girls are more deadly in cheating and scheming than guys.

Ha. Obinrin? Woman?! lipsrsealed
lmao! comot from here before I get into an argument with you angry angry

H2O2:

How come you only understand kiss? Why not sex? He could be drunk and stressed. Some desperate girl could take advantage of him.
Then he could have come home and let me take advantage of him, why some other girl?
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by syren: 12:52am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

How come you only understand kiss? Why not sex?  He could be drunk and stressed.  Some desperate girl could take advantage of him.

doesn't matter if he's drunk he still chose to do it, unless he wants to cry that he was raped. undecided
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Moonstone(f): 12:52am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

Drunk and stressed? Then he can call me. I don't think that's accidental. No responsible guy will get himself in that kind of situation anyway. There is nothing like accidental cheating. . . the only thing that's forgivable is raping. Every other thing is not an excuse.
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by H2O2: 12:57am On Jan 08, 2009
syren:

doesn't matter if he's drunk he still chose to do it, unless he wants to cry that he was raped. undecided

Moonstone:

Drunk and stressed? Then he can call me. I don't think that's accidental. No responsible guy will get himself in that kind of situation anyway. There is nothing like accidental cheating. . . the only thing that's forgivable is raping. Every other thing is not an excuse.

I am not justifying cheating, but are you saying it is impossible to cheat accidentally? You women have no idea how much chemical imbalance you can cause in a man's body. It's inevitable sometimes! The only way to avoid it is to avoid being in situations that can cause you to slip.
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by sillyboy(m): 12:58am On Jan 08, 2009
Moonstone:

Sillyboy, Blame it on the Devil! That is what you all are good at. Cheating is not the devil's fault. It's the fault of men with NO self control and no self-discipline.

That is an attack on my humble and civil person. . . . angry. . .you of all people should know that.
And what is with the word: "Discerning"

tope2000:

Lolz grin
Oh yeah ofcos blame it on the devil angry angry

Fadeyi and Abija girl.
Yes naw. . .the devil is at work

The bible says; "the devil has come only to steal, kill and destroy"

Emphasis on destroy abeg.

@ Toyin
No mind moonstone ooo
Re: Could This Be Why Lovers Cheat by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 08, 2009
sillyboy:

@ Toyin
No mind moonstone ooo
Actually, I agree with her tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break / My Heart Is Heavy And Bleeding Profusely / I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.