Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,133 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ (32104 Views)

Falana Tackles Obasanjo, IBB, Atiku Over Private Universities / My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo / Watch Your Utterances — APC Warns Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2015/01/645x397xScreen-Shot-2015-01-09-at-9.58.40-AM.png.pagespeed.ic.J-pydRavus.webp[/img]
President Goodluck Jonathan has accused former President Olusegun Obasanjo of ridiculing Nigeria before the international community and of scaring investors away from the country by his consistent criticism of his administration.

In an interview with the Nigerian Tribune, Mr. Jonathan said Mr. Obasanjo, by his utterances, was creating the impression that Nigeria is a country on the verge of collapse.

Mr. Jonathan therefore advised the former president to be civil in his criticism so as not to create the impression that the country is in crisis.
“For one reason or the other, Obasanjo may disagree with me as his first political son. You can even disagree with your own biological children, as a human being, not to talk of disagreeing with your political children. So, he can agree or disagree with me, but the utterances have to be managed in a way that it does not affect the economy and security of this country.

“But I will use this opportunity, because you asked, to just plead with my father that he is a leader, a former president of the country. He has led the country more than anybody — eight years of democratic governance and almost four years of military governance. No other person has that kind of record.

“The stability of this country is critical in terms of the economy of this country. Rating agencies downgrade countries that are going into elections because the feeling is that there would be crisis. When you paint the colour of instability for your own nation, you are doing so much injustice to the country because it affects the economy of the country, not just affecting the country in terms of security and social issues alone. It affects the economy directly. So, I plead with very senior citizens that Nigeria is dear to us; we don’t have any other country than Nigeria.

“So, actions and inactions, or utterances, should be guarded so that we don’t expose our country to the international community as if it is a country in danger, a country that is about to collapse. You are frightening investors, especially those who invest hot cash, to pull out their money from the country and that would affect the stock market and it would affect the economy.”
Mr. Jonathan however insisted that he remained a political child of Mr. Obasanjo, saying he owes his rise to political prominence to the influence of the former President.

“First and foremost, Obasanjo is a father to me. By divine providence and the grace of God, I am the President of Nigeria today. It is not by my strength. But God uses human beings to actualise His own blessings on human beings. And he used so many Nigerians, including former President Obasanjo, to play one role or the other for me,” he said.

“I became the deputy governor of a state, became the governor, the vice president and president. I have no issues with him, and I really don’t want to join issues with President Obasanjo. I think it is not necessary,” he added.

The relationship between both men worsened after Mr. Obasanjo’s wrote an 18-page open letter to Mr Jonathan on December 2, 2013, blaming the president for failing to deliver on his promises to Nigerians. He also accused him of making no effort to check the growing corruption in the country and allowing insecurity to degenerate.

In the letter, Mr. Obasanjo also accused Mr Jonathan of hounding prominent members of the Peoples Democratic Party opposed to his second term ambition.

Since then, Mr. Obasanjo has relentlessly criticised the Jonathan administration and all efforts by party chieftains to reconcile both of them have failed.

Matters got to a head last Monday after Mr Obasanjo, who apparently got wind of a plan to expel him from the party, dumped the party before the plan was executed. On the occasion, Mr Obasanjo, not one to leave without creating a spectacle, asked the PDP ward leader to tear his membership card.

He also announced his retirement from active politics and expressed his desire to be a statesman.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177307-jonathan-tackles-obasanjo-your-utterances-ridiculing-nigeria-scaring-investors.html

16 Likes

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by kodded(m): 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
SAI
GEJ

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by madridguy(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
Elder OBJ giving GEJ sleepless night since 2013. Well, I see it as a lesson " nothing last forever "

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
It is clear that OBJ's actions are dealing deadly blows to Jonathan's camp. For the robots that would likely come in here to say that he's not needed, your paymaster has agreed that 'Ebora Owu' is his political father and god, hence, the need for him to trash him is allowed.

By the way, how's intra-party crisis capable of chasing away investors

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by rusher14: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
1 Dollar = 215 Naira only

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by IfyAwazie(f): 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
Oga Jona pls try write an open apology letter to ur god father o, abeg.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
rusher14:
1 Dollar = 215 Naira only
Lolz... Kindly take out the "only" abeg. Some of us using the Dollar in international markets know that the "only" is painful to let go. undecided cry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Popemax(m): 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
Obj is a tout

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
So, GEJ knows that our beloved country is at the brink of collapse This man should not talk until after the elections again undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by not4sure(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
Sanchez01:
It is clear that OBJ's actions are dealing deadly blows to Jonathan's camp. For the robots that would likely come in here to say that he's not needed, your paymaster has agreed that 'Ebora Owu' is his political father and god, hence, the need for him to trash him is allowed.
By the way, how's intra-party crisis capable of chasing away investors
Don't Mind them do you notice that ever since Obasanjo has made that act of tearing the Membership card Mr President has been staying in southwest. So tell him Obasajo is not relevant. I am sure if OBJ open his doors, GEJ will run to him ASAP

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
Is a motor park tout gejs father now?

cheesy

Another round of excuses.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
not4sure:
Don't Mind them do you notice that ever since Obasanjo has made that act of tearing the Membership card Mr President has been staying in southwest. So tell him Obasajo is not relevant. I am sure if OBJ open his doors, GEJ will run to him ASAP
Lolz... We only need to endure him till next month and that settles it! Obasanjo's single act has caused severe trouble in the Jonathan camp, yet, his thugs keep saying OBJ is irrelevant when their oga knows he is. And about GEJ spending enough time in the South-West because of OBJ, I honestly didn't think of it that way, not until you mentioned it. The same S/Westerners he called "Ewedu-eating" people are those people he's coming to woo now.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ishilove
Lalasticlala
Seun
OAM4J
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej Gej

Nobody will invest in a country where stealing is not corruption.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by oduastates: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Haha
This joke of a president still has the guts to shamelessly open his mouth.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by pweetixandy: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Mcheeeew! So boko haram is not driving away investors?

Epileptic power supply is not bringing ridicule to nigeria?

Bad roads is not driving away investors? Crime and insecurity nko?

Naira falling to the dollar at an unbelievable rate nko?

Its OBJ's talk that is "driving investors away abi"?

GEJ,start packing ur bags fah! May29 is closer than u think it is

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
Actually, it is the low oil prices, low power supply and the poor security that is scaring investors.

IMO....if PDP wins....TERM 2...should be about investment in electricity, railways and education. The rest can take care of themselves.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by adepiero: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
OBJ and GEJ can kill themselves for all I care, it doesn't move me. All I know is come May 29th, the likes of you would be history when GMB becomes President.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
In GEJ WE TRUST GMB CAN GO AND DIE.

THE 'PEOPLES PRESIDENT'

17 Likes

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by holyokoto(m): 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hahahahahah Going up and down for re-election has turned my president hair to white, Uncle Jona Abeg no be do or die affair

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Youngzedd(m): 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Excuses kills.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by gurunlocker: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
that's what happens when u step on the toe of a gentle fellow.... when they get angry, u can't control them....

sorry OBJ

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by IamAthens(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
FPT. Space booked
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by MARKone(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
Did this man just call OBJ his Father, how low can he get. This a$$ licking can result to something else, both for the licked and the licker.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
OBJ remains the UGLIEST and DIRTIEST president, this world will ever produce.
OBJ has anergy for poor development.
He wants NIGERIA to remain indebted to BROWN/RUSTY roofing sheets.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by freshness2020: 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
IfyAwazie:
Oga Jona pls try write an open apology letter to ur god father o, abeg.
That can't happen...Gej can only respect him . But apologise? That's an aberration!
Obj is an already expired statesman!

14 Likes

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by condralbede(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
Tell d idiot
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by konny1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by ifeelgood: 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
Run your mouth now and beg later. I trust Baba...

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Dronedude(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
If it pleases the president to commend his political father rather than fighting back and exchanging words with obasanjo then I must say "He is a keeper" Obasanjo should know proper what election criticism can cause to a nation. He did worse to manopolize power in his time which earned an effortless transition to his second term and to think of him spinning the wheels for a third term which didn't work. I have always asked myself this question, how will General buhari feel when after his first tenure he is pressured to leave after doing his best. President jonathan is not the best God forbids he would be nigeria's best president but we can see his steady plan for the nation regardless of the distractions on his path. Jonathan made an etlitic comment and I'm good with that.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by angelTI(f): 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jona Jona Jona......

Running helter skelter, running from pillar to post, doing all the "doables" because of the forthcoming election.

Someone should kindly tell him to resign to fate as he already lost the election before it even started.

"March4Buhari

Quote me negatively at your own peril

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by slightlyMad(f): 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
the postponement of election is what's scaring investors.
who wants to put his money in a war-prone country where there is boko haram, no power supply and corruption?

can someone please interpret that to him slowly in otuoke language

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack / Peter Obi Flops, Says Eastern Governors Formed ESN (Video) / Senate President, Saraki Meet Prime Minister Of Qatar, Sheikh Abdullah - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.