Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? (5139 Views)

What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? / Jesus Not Coming Again - Catholic Church Spokesman / Why Was Jesus Not Born Through Sexual Intercourse ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by torchwave: 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
Weah96:

LOL, I can also type up a short story and make the characters do and say what I want. You read a story about fictional characters called Hannah and Samuel and decide that the story applies to real life. The Netflix movie I watched is closer to reality than that mendacious bible script.

The movie doesn't show the God character, instead it shows some guy praying to Jesus for help, right before the Iceman blows his brains out. In your own script, the character called God defies the laws of nature, and talks to human being. The authors didn't address the sound of the voice or the accent of the voice. A horrible story with irreparable gaps.
Why not go ahead and do so? Give the characters substance and reality that goes beyond the pages of the book like the Bible so that millions of people all over the world and in every century would testify even with their lives to witnessing them as not just 'characters' but living reality they have heard, spoken to and seen just like millions have heard, spoken to and seen God the Father, Jesus Christ, angels, demons, Satan - 'characters' in the Bible... If you can do that...then you're entitled to whatever you call yourself.
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by johnydon22(m): 10:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
kevoh:

This johnydon don kolo. tongue tongue

Lolzzz its just a very simple test... the guy made an extra-ordinary claim and the test i gave was just a very simple one..

Its high time they'd stopped shoving this laughable claims to our faces and start proving it..
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by johnydon22(m): 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
torchwave:
Why not go ahead and do so? Give the characters substance and reality that goes beyond the pages of the book like the Bible so that millions of people all over the world and in every century would testify even with their lives to witnessing them as not just 'characters' but living reality they have heard, spoken to and seen just like millions have heard, spoken to and seen God the Father, Jesus Christ, angels, demons, Satan - 'characters' in the Bible... If you can do that...then you're entitled to whatever you call yourself.

Lord of the rings grin
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by torchwave: 10:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
Op, I'm inclined to agree with those who cited sin as the reason for the ineffectiveness of the name Jesus in your dreams. Nobody is perfect but we can be holy.

Holiness is not only absence of sin but quick repentance and avoidance of sin. Remember, fall we must but we must not remain in that fallen state, rise up and continue walking by repenting of your sins and continuing on the road of salvation.

When the devil has nothing in you, a command in the name of Jesus will make him obey you willy nilly.
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by torchwave: 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Lord of the rings grin
Lol. First, since when did you become J.R.Tolkien, the writer of TLOTR?

Secondly, who has testified to seeing Gandalf, Legolas, Hobbits, Orcs and so on beyond the pages of the book as living reality, as truly existing beings? You?

Thirdly, if one has claimed to see them in reality, who is their witness? There are millions of witnesses all over the world to the existence of Jesus Christ and so so many to the existence of heaven and hell.

Fourthly, it is widely categorized as fiction by which the original writer rose to fame in his time being his only work of literature. None of the places or names in that book has any present proof or material in real life indicating their true existence because they're just work of the imagination. Can you say the same thing as the Bible?
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by johnydon22(m): 11:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
torchwave:
Lol. First, since when did you become J.R.Tolkien, the writer of TLOTR?

Secondly, who has testified to seeing Gandalf, Legolas, Hobbits, Orcs and so on beyond the pages of the book as living reality, as truly existing beings? You?

Thirdly, if one has claimed to see them in reality, who is their witness? There are millions of witnesses all over the world to the existence of Jesus Christ and so so many to the existence of heaven and hell.

Fourthly, it is widely categorized as fiction by which the original writer rose to fame in his time being his only work of literature. None of the places or names in that book has any present proof or material in real life indicating their true existence because they're just work of the imagination. Can you say the same thing as the Bible?
only the bolded is ok to make any sane man to shake head and fashi it... seriously

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by johnjon: 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
It is was probably effective since you are here to tell your story.
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by torchwave: 11:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:
only the bolded is ok to make any sane man to shake head and fashi it... seriously
Perfectly natural reaction to one who never gives a thought to his eternal wellbeing. You think when you die you will expire into nothingness like vapour? Lol. One day, you'll be 50 billion years old and still endlessly counting but not here...it is either in heaven or hell...be wise forever than be wise for a moment.
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by johnydon22(m): 6:58am On Feb 25, 2015
torchwave:
Perfectly natural reaction to one who never gives a thought to his eternal wellbeing. You think when you die you will expire into nothingness like vapour? Lol. One day, you'll be 50 billion years old and still endlessly counting but not here...it is either in heaven or hell...be wise forever than be wise for a moment.

hahahahahahahaha am so scared... grin..

A christian threatening an atheist with hell (originally greek myth) is like a child threatening an adult that faires wont give em candy...

Chai... grin
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by torchwave: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahahahahaha am so scared... grin..

A christian threatening an atheist with hell (originally greek myth) is like a child threatening an adult that faires wont give em candy...

Chai... grin
Guess again. No one has seen fairies because they are pure work of someone's imagination.

However, it is an undeniable fact that hell exists through the countless testimonies and experiences of living and dead witnesses.

Yeah, even if you doubted ten different people who said the same thing, can you doubt ten thousand strangers who have corroborated the same testimonies?

Hell is no myth like Fairytopia which has no single living or dead witness of its existence. Think about that.

The saying is true that if they don't believe the prophets, they will not believe even if one rose from the dead.
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by eagerald: 10:10am On Feb 25, 2015
Weah96:

LOL, I can also type up a short story and make the characters do and say what I want. You read a story about fictional characters called Hannah and Samuel and decide that the story applies to real life. The Netflix movie I watched is closer to reality than that mendacious bible script.

The movie doesn't show the God character, instead it shows some guy praying to Jesus for help, right before the Iceman blows his brains out. In your own script, the character called God defies the laws of nature, and talks to human being. The authors didn't address the sound of the voice or the accent of the voice. A horrible story with irreparable gaps.
don't worry, Jesus said, your Sin are forgiven. Thanks for update. The law says nothing lost, nothing gain. It is against increase, then we shouldn't have increase in trees and fishes and human because it will balance up. Philosophy is not the way, Jesus is the answer. It might not seem okay, but try to understand.
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by Weah96: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
torchwave:

The Bible benefits from being an unusually old book. My own story won't be able to generate the same appeal in that regard.

It's like watching the first movie ever made. That movie is probably a worse film than the WORST Nollywood picture, but it has historical value.

Other than that, the bible is just a collection of mythological stories, not unlike the stories of Mount Olympus.
Re: Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? by Weah96: 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
torchwave:
Guess again. No one has seen fairies because they are pure work of someone's imagination.

However, it is an undeniable fact that hell exists through the countless testimonies and experiences of living and dead witnesses.

Yeah, even if you doubted ten different people who said the same thing, can you doubt ten thousand strangers who have corroborated the same testimonies?

Hell is no myth like Fairytopia which has no single living or dead witness of its existence. Think about that.

The saying is true that if they don't believe the prophets, they will not believe even if one rose from the dead.

Do you know what it means to be a "witness," or are you just using the term liberally?

Who is this hell witness? Is it TB Joshua or the once comatose boy who has since withdrawn his fraudulent testimony?

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Say God Needed An Angel In Heaven Is Not Comforting When Someone Dies. / How Is Jesus God ? / Is Religion A Hoax? - Watch the "truth" about The Greatest Story Ever Told

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.