Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,748 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. (44389 Views)

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? / My Wife Is More Sexually Responsive After I Beat Her Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by MaziOmenuko: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
haryomikun:

Rationalmind, don't just smile dere. Tell us the truth. Abi you be the second MaziOmenuko cheesy

Lol..why u dey mention my name for wife beaters' thread nau?

I fvck women, I don't beat them.

2 Likes

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
Justfollowit:

It is not the culture, it is the law
If assault and battery (in the case of domestic abuse) is no longer punishable under the law today. It will amaze you how Irish hospitals would be overflowing with battered women within an hour. So therefore you should know this the abuse culture has been merely suppressed.
I already know enough history about Europe including UK

I have this feeling that you are trying too hard to feel among in that society. It is good for migrants to integrate but it must not be at the risk of losing their identities. I know you are to appear refined you are to the uncivilised blacks on Nairaland, I understand your plight but it should on no way blindfold your every thought, perception and reasoning.
I understand the conflict within you but it would be in your own interest to resolve it very soon else you end up as confused as Chimamanda Adichie.

I think you are confused. I know my own culture. What do you mean 'fit in among that society'? I am an Oyinbo and Belfast born and bred. I have been coming to Naija for about 15 years now and love your country and its people.

I don't think blacks on Nairaland are uncivilized and if you feel that way I would urge you to think again, but I do think Nigerian culture has many differences from mine. Some good some not so good.

Why did you presume I was some sort of immigrant? So you did not understand ANY plight whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I think you are confused. I know my own culture. What do you mean 'fit in among that society'? I am an Oyinbo and Belfast born and bred. I have been coming to Naija for about 15 years now and love your country and its people.

I don't think blacks on Nairaland are uncivilized and if you feel that way I would urge you to think again, but I do think Nigerian culture has many differences from mine. Some good some not so good.

Why did you presume I was some sort of immigrant? So you did not understand ANY plight whatsoever.

You are oyinbo as in a white guy or a Nigerian who happened to migrate to Ireland.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:01am On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

You are oyinbo as in a white guy or a Nigerian who happened to migrate to Ireland.

A white guy of course!

1 Like

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

A white guy of course!

I find that doubtful, very doubtful.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:16am On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

And why? Don't you think oyinbo's can come to Naija. Don't you think they can learn your ways? Don't you think they can pick up words and phrases of (in my case) Yoruba and Igbo. Don't you think they can speak pidgin (especially after 15 years coming!)

I'm actually a business consultant and trainer. I work with ISO standards and recently have been assisting the major banks to put them in place.

So you can see why it find it quite funny that you try to tell me about my culture as I sit here in Belfast and you somewhere in Naija smiley.

1 Like

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

And why? Don't you think oyinbo's can come to Naija. Don't you think they can learn your ways? Don't you think they can pick up words and phrases of (in my case) Yoruba and Igbo. Don't you think they can speak pidgin (especially after 15 years coming!)

I'm actually a business consultant and trainer. I work with ISO standards and recently have been assisting the major banks to put them in place.

So you can see why it find it quite funny that you try to tell me about my culture as I sit here in Belfast and you somewhere in Naija smiley.

On the contrary I live in the UK

I am still very much doubtful, I know some parts of this history than you do.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:30am On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

On the contrary I live in the UK

I am still very much doubtful, I know some parts of this history than you do.

That I doubt and a little Englander will not know Irish history better than me!

But now what would convince a doubting Thomas like you? Hmmm Why not pm me you UK phone number or I will pm you mind and you can talk to me on the phone.

You have to doubt me to avoid being caught out looking foolish for a stupid presumption! Pogue ma thoin!
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

That I doubt and a little Englander will not know Irish history better than me!

But now what would convince a doubting Thomas like you? Hmmm Why not pm me you UK phone number or I will pm you mind and you can talk to me on the phone.

You have to doubt me to avoid being caught out looking foolish for a stupid presumption! Pogue ma thoin!

Yah yah! I am lying and I am foolish. Are you satisfied?

I don't have to pm you my number. And I do kog care whetherbor not you believe me.

Whether or not you are an Irishman, I still maintain that you simply lack a general view on how things really work.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:40am On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

Yah yah! I am lying and I am foolish. Are you satisfied?

I don't have to pm you my number. And I do kog care whetherbor not you believe me.

Whether or not you are an Irishman, I still maintain that you simply lack a general view on how things really work.

I know exactly how things work and our two cultures are VERY different on this point!

1 Like

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I know exactly how things work and our two cultures are VERY different on this point!

I am of two cultures not one. And I am well-integrated into the two.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:45am On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

I am of two cultures not one. And I am well-integrated into the two.

Good for you. English culture and Naija I suspect. The Irish are QUITE different from the English you will have found!

1 Like

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

The culture you alluded is the law trying to impose a certain forbearance on us. It is a belief backed by law not something that just came into being.

This is for you

http://www.womensaidni.org/domestic-violence/domestic-violence-statistics/

That statistics is scary for a developed country like Ireland. That is the practice which accorsing to you happens to a only a ‘few'
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:54am On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

The culture you alluded is the law trying to impose a certain forbearance on us. It is a belief backed by law not something that just came into being.

This is for you

http://www.womensaidni.org/domestic-violence/domestic-violence-statistics/

That statistics is scary for a developed country like Ireland. That is the practice which accorsing to you happens to a only a ‘few'

It refers only to Northern Ireland by the way! And again I stress that is a minority view. Don't try and tell me how my own people view those who transgress like this. And it has nothing to do with the Law and everything to do with being a MAN!

If you are going to go down that path why not look at statistics of abuse in Niaja ! I know you don't have any but I also know it is MASSIVELY PREVALENT!

1 Like

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:03am On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

Oh and I forgot to say I only just realised that you are a lady. Apologies for the Pogue.. remark!
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by 2CatWoman: 1:48am On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Oh and I forgot to say I only just realised that you are a lady. Apologies for the Pogue.. remark!

No offence but you are a person with Naija heritage. Please catch yourself on.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:18am On Feb 26, 2015
2CatWoman:

I will be when I marry my Edo babe! But it is sad that you cannot realise an oyinbo can know quite a bit about Naija. It betrays some attitudes of yours.

Same offer as to the other gal. Call my number or Skype me and see for yourself! Naija heritage indeed! Nothing wrong with it but whyever would you think an oyinbo had one?
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I will be when I marry my Edo babe! But it is sad that you cannot realise an oyinbo can know quite a bit about Naija. It betrays some attitudes of yours.

Same offer as to the other gal. Call my number or Skype me and see for yourself! Naija heritage indeed! Nothing wrong with it but whyever would you think an oyinbo had one?

How do we confirm? Give us your skype name grin grin

Or you can post a picture of yourself holding a paper with "Justfollowit" written on it.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by dinachi(m): 6:18am On Feb 26, 2015
All these women saying men should not retaliate when their wives assault them are potential husband beaters and abusers. The woman that will assault me and expect nothing in return has not been born!
90% of domestic violence are perpetrated by women!

1 Like

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 26, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Or you can post a picture of yourself holding a paper with "Justfollowit" written on it.

Abi o

Thanks kiss
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

It refers only to Northern Ireland by the way! And again I stress that is a minority view. Don't try and tell me how my own people view those who transgress like this. And it has nothing to do with the Law and everything to do with being a MAN!

If you are going to go down that path why not look at statistics of abuse in Niaja ! I know you don't have any but I also know it is MASSIVELY PREVALENT!

If the law provides for it and it is actually enforced, we will be exactly like you.

How does it being NI an issue?

40 a day is just to much for a country like NI.

It is the law and the unrealistic view that when a woman hits a man, the men should be a man and restrain himself from retaliating it. What the help for bring a man have to with acting to a situation, or are you doing to say you are more civilized then we are out what.

You did not ask yourself an important question. Why is it okay not to a hit a woman who threw the first blow? If it because she is the weaker sex?
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

If the law provides for it and it is actually enforced, we will be exactly like you.

How does it being NI an issue?

40 a day is just to much for a country like NI.

It is the law and the unrealistic view that when a woman hits a man, the men should be a man and restrain himself from retaliating it. What the help for bring a man have to with acting to a situation, or are you doing to say you are more civilized then we are out what.

You did not ask yourself an important question. Why is it okay not to a hit a woman who threw the first blow? If it because she is the weaker sex?

Sigh. You really introduce irrelevancies don't you. I wonder why?

You brought up NI by referring to a DOCUMENT on NI statistics.

I am talking CULTURE and ATTITUDES! As an immigrant to England you would not understand our Irish culture.

The LAW is for our actions and rightly so. Again my statement was culture.

An Irishman regards any man who strikes a woman as contemptible. (A generalisation but a powerful one in this case).

Now why do you seem so offended by this? Why does it seem so unbelievable that Irishmen should have proper and decent values?

I understand the logic of equality but you are not taking culture into account?
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
Shollypopzz:

OK. EXCELLENT IDEA! THIS WILL DEMONSTRATE FOR THOS FOOLS! THANKS FOR THIS.

GIVE ME AN HOUR OR SO AND I WILL WRITE THAT AND YOUR NAME 'Shollypopzz' on it OK?
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Sigh. You really introduce irrelevancies don't you. I wonder why?

You brought up NI by referring to a DOCUMENT on NI statistics.

I am talking CULTURE and ATTITUDES! As an immigrant to England you would not understand our Irish culture.

The LAW is for our actions and rightly so. Again my statement was culture.

An Irishman regards any man who strikes a woman as contemptible. (A generalisation but a powerful one in this case).

Now why do you seem so offended by this? Why does it seem so unbelievable that Irishmen should have proper and decent values?

I understand the logic of equality but you are not taking culture into account?

What culture

It is an attitude imposed by law

What is proper and decent about acting unreasonable in a situation like this?

If a guy hits it is highly likely you will hit him a back but because of insincere backlash youw couldn't hit a girl who does the same.

Mind you, I love me a gentleman and I am all for treating women right. But the is the reality and not some stupid illusion
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

What culture
It is an attitude imposed by law
What is proper and decent about acting unreasonable in a situation like this?
If a guy hits it is highly likely you will hit him a back but because of insincere backlash youw couldn't hit a girl who does the same.
Mind you, I love me a gentleman and I am all for treating women right. But the is the reality and not some stupid illusion

The LAW allows me to strike back in self defence

MY culture says NO! The Law and culture are at odds here so I don't know why you have kept referring to it in such an illogical and irrelevant manner.

I will post a picture o my profile as the other poster requested for those people who (don't know why) seem to doubt that I am an oyinbo!
(Probably in the next 20 min)

1 Like

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by agentofchange1(m): 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
hmmm,

two(more) folks. arguing baselessly , kinda interesting

#justpassingby..

gracia.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
Shollypopzz:

OK. All done. Its on my profile!

Thanks again for the idea!

3 Likes

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
2CatWoman:

OK Posted my pix on my profile as Shollypopzz and Justfollowit requested. Not much Naija heritage beyond my spending so much time there!

3 Likes

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

Pix posted on my profile.
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

OK. All done. Its on my profile!

Thanks again for the idea!

Okay? cool
Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
Justfollowit:

Okay? cool

Oh sorry it was Shollypopzz that suggested I post the pix. I am VERY curious as to why anyone would even doubt I was an Oyinbo? Can you enlighten me?

2 Likes

Re: I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Oh sorry it was Shollypopzz that suggested I post the pix. I am VERY curious as to why anyone would even doubt I was an Oyinbo? Can you enlighten me?
Can you count the number of times you keep reminding everyone that you are Oyinbo?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? / Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? / Only Introverts Will Understand These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.