Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,509 members, 7,801,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice (996 Views)

Career Advice On How To Proceed With IT Career Urgently Needed!!!!!! / Microbiologists; Career Advice / Career Advice For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by paullo240: 12:55am On Feb 23, 2015
Hello nairalanders. Please advice him on this. what career path or course can he pursue with this waec result
physic =B3
Chemistry= C6
Biology - D7
Agriculture - B3
Maths - C4
English - C5
Geography - B3
Economics - C6
C R S - B3
please advice needed urgently
Thanks
Re: Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by Champella(m): 7:24am On Feb 23, 2015
The result is good. You can go in for any Engineering course. Example is Mechanical Engineering. Your English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry are okay.

Good luck brother!
Re: Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by Tiimmy(m): 7:35am On Feb 23, 2015
paullo240:
Hello nairalanders. Please advice him on this. what career path or course can he pursue with this waec result
physic =B3
Chemistry= C6
Biology - D7
Agriculture - B3
Maths - C4
English - C5
Geography - B3
Economics - C6
C R S - B3
please advice needed urgently
Thanks

Try and find out your passion. Lets your passion decide for you, and not your result...
I usually tell people that its extremely difficult to cope as an Engineering student, without having taken Further-Maths in school.
Calculus, ordinary differential equation, Fourier series, Vectors etc are all off shoot from the basic further-mathematics taught in secondary schools.

Champella:
The result is good. You can go in for any Engineering course. Example is Mechanical Engineering. Your English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry are okay.
Good luck brother!

I disagree with you alittle sir....
Let him try and find out what interests him.
And if hez confused, he should see a guidance counselor..... I did too, and it was worth it
Re: Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by Champella(m): 7:45am On Feb 23, 2015
@Tiimmy

Ah! My boss has arrived. I suggested a course which wouldn't require Biology. I believe he'll carry out a proper research on what would be discussed here.

He still needs to meet a Counsellor on this issue just like you've said. Since you're a practising Engineer, you could guide him on how to go about it. Thanks for your input as well.
Re: Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by morgang(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
Good day house.

Sometimes in life, there are some mistakes that could remain indelible and consequently, one need to accept faith due to our action(s) naively taken.

I'm a student of a prestigious federal university, who was admitted in 2013/'14 admission season. I was admitted to study political science; which was my long awaited course that I've always wished to study. Although, during my jamb registration saga; the operator made a grave mistake by myopically putting a wrong date of birth with an addition of two years margin (original dob 1995, mistaken dob 1993 ). I was almost half insane when I eventually noticed the mistake after the printout, but alas! "no need to cry over a split milk*, the only way to mop it up (as suggested by some friends), I was told to follow up the uncorrectable mistaken age('93); of which I did. I also registered same age in my pjamb as well. Furthermore, I eventually went ahead to make an affidavit of my waec certificate date of birth from '95-'93 .

Although, according to any university mode of admission registration, it's clearly stated that any incoherent inputs of data will lead to disqualification in the admission processes.

Going by my mistaken age, '93; hopefully, by 2017 I'll be 24yrs old - which is tantamount to my graduation. With a calculative area of observation, my NYSC programme will be ending within the range of 2018-2019, by then I would be 25-26 years of age; which is above some job age requirements . And a lot of opportunities might be denied of me due to this monstrous age margin

Dear NL'ders, I'm being haunted day and night with this indelible grave mistake. Although, I've never wished to work as an employee; but you never can tell what the future holds.

Please, I need your advice and suggestions towards this destructive mistake that has inflicted my age
Re: Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by Tiimmy(m): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2015
Champella:
@Tiimmy

Ah! My boss has arrived. I suggested a course which wouldn't require Biology. I believe he'll carry out a proper research on what would be discussed here.

He still needs to meet a Counsellor on this issue just like you've said. Since you're a practising Engineer, you could guide him on how to go about it. Thanks for your input as well.

Your humility is humbling. You are the boss sir, and we all know it
I think people should not under-estimate the influence of a counselor; especially when one is at a cross road.
I remember when I had this decision to make. Twas really difficult as i had great grades in all my courses.
I reluctantly sort the advice of a guidance counselor. The rest is history...
I sincerely wish him the best.
Re: Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by Champella(m): 7:40am On Feb 24, 2015
Tiimmy:

Your humility is humbling. You are the boss sir, and we all know it
I think people should not under-estimate the influence of a counselor; especially when one is at a cross road.
I remember when I had this decision to make. Twas really difficult as i had great grades in all my courses.
I reluctantly sort the advice of a guidance counselor. The rest is history...
I sincerely wish him the best.

Ah! My Boss thanks a lot. I be learner for where you dey o. How work na? Take care of yourself brother

1 Like

Re: Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by Ehimenboy(m): 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
*takes deep breath*
Re: Career Advice Needed. Please He Need Your Good Advice by Ehimenboy(m): 3:02pm On Feb 24, 2015
morgang:
Good day house.

Sometimes in life, there are some mistakes that could remain indelible and consequently, one need to accept faith due to our action(s) naively taken.

I'm a student of a prestigious federal university, who was admitted in 2013/'14 admission season. I was admitted to study political science; which was my long awaited course that I've always wished to study. Although, during my jamb registration saga; the operator made a grave mistake by myopically putting a wrong date of birth with an addition of two years margin (original dob 1995, mistaken dob 1993 ). I was almost half insane when I eventually noticed the mistake after the printout, but alas! "no need to cry over a split milk*, the only way to mop it up (as suggested by some friends), I was told to follow up the uncorrectable mistaken age('93); of which I did. I also registered same age in my pjamb as well. Furthermore, I eventually went ahead to make an affidavit of my waec certificate date of birth from '95-'93 .

Although, according to any university mode of admission registration, it's clearly stated that any incoherent inputs of data will lead to disqualification in the admission processes.

Going by my mistaken age, '93; hopefully, by 2017 I'll be 24yrs old - which is tantamount to my graduation. With a calculative area of observation, my NYSC programme will be ending within the range of 2018-2019, by then I would be 25-26 years of age; which is above some job age requirements . And a lot of opportunities might be denied of me due to this monstrous age margin

Dear NL'ders, I'm being haunted day and night with this indelible grave mistake. Although, I've never wished to work as an employee; but you never can tell what the future holds.

Please, I need your advice and suggestions towards this destructive mistake that has inflicted my age
Oh, now I wish I could really help. Hold on, someone should get to you. BTW, opening a thread isn't bad for an issue such as this.
All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Msc Quality Management / Teach Me Autocad, Revit And Orion And Other Civil Engr Related Softwares Online. / EFCC List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSCE Cadre 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.