Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? (1515 Views)

Photos Of The Police Officers Sentenced To Death Over Apo Six Killings / Aftermath Of The Clash Between Herdsmen In Police Uniform & The Police In Delta / Ogun Police Arrest Touts With Gun,fake Police Warrant Card On Highway In Otta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by dwilliams: 4:44am On Feb 23, 2015
Good morning my co-forumites, I am a penultimate student in one of the tertiary institutions in the country, we have had series of police brutality over the past few years,illegal searches,illegal arrest,illegal seizure of student properties and illegal searches such as the police stopping us on the road,and going through our phone book and inbox all in the name of fishing out yahoo boys,You dare not be caught with a laptop here, if you do u will be accused of being a yahoo boy, The most disturbing aspect of these their act is that they go unannounced to students hostels outside the school and make forced entrances without a warrant. The question I would like to ask here is. 1)Do the police have the full constitutional Right to search laptops and phones of students without a warrant? 2)Can I deny the police the right to search my room without a warrant? Please for my Nl critics, I have been searched severally and I have never been found wanting,I don't have anything I am hiding from the law but I feel its an infringement on my constitutional rights to be continuosly harassed by the police, Please gentlemen and ladies of the law please we need your opinions here.
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by eleko1: 5:07am On Feb 23, 2015
Nija police nor understand those grammar @ all,nor infringement in their dictionary and nor dey blow okrika grammar,nah thunder slap,the type wey u go see diff galaxy stars go land u for floor.Just cooperate/if they ask for bribe(if u get a lil cash with U),give them and go in peace.Das all

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by Beesluv: 5:43am On Feb 23, 2015
Its not ideal. Its even better to search them before they enter grin
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by davdandam(m): 5:58am On Feb 23, 2015
grin you want them to implicate you with guns or drugs or something worse Abi
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for creating such an informative thread op

No1. The police does not have the right to arrest anyone with out an arrest warrant

No2. The police does not have the right to search your house without a search warrant granted by a judge

No3. The police does not have the right to keep you behind bars for 24 hours with our telling you your offense and granting you a phone call to whom eber you might wanna call

Most of us in nigeria don't know our civil right, even does of us that know we don't exercise it the way we ought to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by ITbomb(m): 6:10am On Feb 23, 2015
Get a lawyer
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by alienvirus: 6:11am On Feb 23, 2015
Educative. Thanks Samflexxy
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:25am On Feb 23, 2015
Are you a Ladokite?
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by thaoriginator: 6:31am On Feb 23, 2015
I thought Police is your friend na? undecided
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by Sijo01(f): 6:39am On Feb 23, 2015
Nigerian police only issue warrant of arrest to some public figures....... For an ordinary man, it's by fire by force search/arrest.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by dwilliams: 7:20am On Feb 23, 2015
ULSHERLAN:
Are you a Ladokite?
AAUITE
ITbomb:
Get a lawyer
No funds 4 dat.
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by iliyande(m): 7:46am On Feb 23, 2015
samflexxy:

No1. The police does not have the right to arrest anyone with out an arrest warrant

No2. The police does not have the right to search your house without a search warrant granted by a judge

No3. The police does not have the right to keep you behind bars for 24 hours with our telling you your offense and granting you a phone call to whom eber you might wanna call

Most of us in nigeria don't know our civil right, even does of us that know we don't exercise it the way we ought to

My brother, police uniform and ID card has granted power of attorney to search and arrest in some cases. Please don't mislead people. Corporate with security personnel.
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by eleko1: 9:38am On Feb 23, 2015
Dey there they blow whistle about right dis right dat.Wait until u have issue with Nija police FORCE and come here to share ur TESTIMONY.Kip talking about law that Only exist in one useless paper,by the time they use electric Iron do Niger delta map for ur booty/hang u upside down(U go confess wetin u nor chop/lie against urself) nah dat day U go nor say GOD NOR GET TRIBAL MARK
samflexxy:

Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 23, 2015
iliyande:

My brother, police uniform and ID card has granted power of attorney to search and arrest in some cases. Please don't mislead people. Corporate with security personnel.
lols if that ever happens I'll sue the police station and whoever was involve in torturing me
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 23, 2015
iliyande:

am not mis leading pple am educating them on the issue
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by eleko1: 9:54am On Feb 23, 2015
Lif him make he dey speak grammar,they'll greet him with a slap that'll reshape his destiny to normalquote author=iliyande post=30994869]

My brother, police uniform and ID card has granted power of attorney to search and arrest in some cases. Please don't mislead people. Corporate with security personnel. [/quote]
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by wemmieslim(f): 10:32am On Feb 23, 2015
I think they should not just hijack people and search them for no tangible reason or without a search warrant but this is Nigeria,everything is upside-up,the police are evil,the fear of police and what they can do is the beginning of wisdom,
Its cos of our state of lawlessness sha, God help us.
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by dwilliams: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2015
eleko1:
Dey there they blow whistle about right dis right dat.Wait until u have issue with Nija police FORCE and come here to share ur TESTIMONY.Kip talking about law that Only exist in one useless paper,by the time they use electric Iron do Niger delta map for ur booty/hang u upside down(U go confess wetin u nor chop/lie against urself) nah dat day U go nor say GOD NOR GET TRIBAL MARK
My guy we know say wetin police de do de wrong but na unto say we de keep quiet na dat 1 de cos am wey de de continue de misbehave.
iliyande:

eleko1:
. Oga listen to ursef so because say de b police, na dat 1 go cos am,wey de go de oppress people.
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by eleko1: 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
Tru talk,cant stp laffing
davdandam:
grin you want them to implicate you with guns or drugs or something worse Abi
u sabi Nija police pass grin grin cheesy
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by eleko1: 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
I like brave heart like U.A taste of Nig police FORCE @ work will CONFUSE U,try am and see
dwilliams:
My guy we know say wetin police de do de wrong but na unto say we de keep quiet na dat 1 de cos am wey de de continue de misbehave.. Oga listen to ursef so because say de b police, na dat 1 go cos am,wey de go de oppress people.
undecided
Re: Can I Open My Door To The Police Without A Search Warrant? by eleko1: 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sue koh sew ni.In dis our snail/slow motion judical system?.
samflexxy:
lols if that ever happens I'll sue the police station and whoever was involve in torturing me
Abeg,who fit explain to me beta what d bible mean by settle issue b4 dey carry persin go court?

(1) (Reply)

Businessman, Who Videoed Dying Wife Arrested (SEE PHOTOS) / UPDATE: Mastermind Who Ordered For 8 Year Old Chikamso's Body Parts, Arrested / Boyfriend Kills An Undergraduate Of Ladoke Akintola University For Money Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.