Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? (26254 Views)

Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President / Ambassador Dumps PDP For APC In Bayelsa / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Why should any sane youth vote for Jonathan that has no plan for them? Why should they vote for a man that watched their colleagues killed in the NIS exam without punishing those culpable?
Senjuchiha:
Na wa oh... When Will some youth wakes up from their dream n come to reality? When will they stop this madness of shouting vote buhari? My problem now is that it is this same youth that their teachers told them that they will be leaders of tomorrow n the were all happy, n now they are shouting. Vote buhari for president 2015, it is this same teachers who taught them this things are the same teachers that are shouting vote buhari 2015, it is the same father n mother who told their children don't worry u will become the president of Nigeria one day, they are also the same people now telling that same children of thiers to vote buhari, it is that same pastor who sometimes prophesy to the congregation that they will become the president of this great nation n the congregation shouted amen, they are the same pastors that are endorsing buhari as the president, and that same congregation who shouted Amen with a loud voice are the same campaigning for buhari, pls is this not madness, when will u become the leader of tomorrow, when will u become the president, when will ur children madke u happy as the president mother/father, when will u as a pastor have a president as ya church memeber, what will u tell your children when the come back and tells you that their reach as told them that they will be leaders of tomorrow? if somebody Like buhari still long for the seat of presidency, why as u decided to shatter ur dreams by urself, why have u decided to end ur carrier in voting in someone older enough to be ya grandfather... Buhari after being the head of state as ran for this seat for 4 time yet e failed, no wonder he keep changing names of parties n he came up with a slogan change don't u think he will change ya brain from good to worst he wins, why can't we re-echo wat odumego ojuku said, he said ," I want people to knw ma father because of me not knowing me because of my father" why can't we make our fore fathers proud in their grave, why can't we make our children happy n hopeful,why can't we stop this madness n vote a youth like Jona to the seat of presidency n be hopeful that after 2019 u will be the next president! Buhari is nt wrong to say change but he is nt the change we need. Corruption is nt the president fault it is our fault, if we stop this madness then corruption will stop
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by PhockPhockMan: 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Mynd44:

Sure everyone does but why should I be campaigned to vote APC?
I respect you for this...
This is why most of us don't see any reason to support APC. While they're at one side calling Jonathan undemocratic president, Okorocha is in Owerri beating protesting widows with his thugs.
so unfortunate.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Lamasta(m): 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
Vote APC at your own risk grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by PhockPhockMan: 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
VICTORCIZA:
THANK YOU MYND FOR THIS EYES OPENING THREAD
Bros, you scarce o o.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by lanxebony(m): 4:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
Buhari took to his Facebook to remind Nigerians about Jonathan’s ‘epic fails’. A series of images posted by Buhari has ‘Is this Transformation?’ capture.
Security sector
Fulfilled promise:Eradicate kidnappings in the South-East
Unfulfilled promises:
– Return of the Chibok girls
– Modern methods to tackle security violence
– Pursue bombers and terrorists
– Confront ethno-religious violence across the country
– Perpetration of two bombings in Nyanya not brought to justice
Corruption
According to Buhari’s chart, Jonathan didn’t succeed in fight against corruption in Nigeria.
Unfulfilled promises:
– Strengthen both the EFCC and the ICPC
– Stella Oduah not punished for violating due process in purchase of cars
– Forensic audit of NNPC not released
– Perpetrators of petrol subsidy scam not prosecuted
Economy sector
Fulfilled promise:Revive marketing boards to ensure farmers are not cheated on sale of farm products
Unfulfilled promises:
– Introduce 5-year term budgeting
– Create 1.5 million jobs in 2 years
– Bring industries to Niger Delta
– Strive to revive the Ajaokuta steel complex
– Strive to revive the Itakpe iron company
Infrastructural development
Fulfilled promises:
– Completion of Lagos-Jebba rail project
– Working towards making Akanulbiam airport in Enugu an international airport
Unfulfilled promises:
– Set up committee to revive Federal Government landed properties in Lagos
– Revitalization Nigeria machine tools and other FG infrastructure
– Modernization of ports
– Complete of Second Niger Bridge
– Repairing the roads leading to Murtala Mohammed Airport
Power sector
Unfulfilled promises:
– Deliver stable, constant supply of electricity
– Ensure Nigerians do not use generators more than twice a week
– Explore deposits in Benue and Kogi state to improve power supply
– Raise power generation to 4747MW by December 2011
According to the APC presidential candidate, Jonathan’s administration spent N4,4 trillion for security in 5 years. And, yet, 13,000 lives were lost and 3 million people are displaced in Nigeria, Buhari claims.
He also compares economic situation during Obasanjo’s and Jonathan’s ruling, providing the numbers of an average oil price, exchange rates and GDP growth.
Average oil price:OBJ – $38, GEJ – $100
Exchange rate:OBJ – N115 = $1, GEJ – N200 = $1

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by rigarmortis: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
this guy is finally growing a brain and a pehnease

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Truckpusher(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
Mynd44, has finally seen the light? cry

5 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by lanxebony(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
I pledge to Nigeria my country.
To vote out Jonathan and sambo.
To be gentle, loyal on election,
To vote Buhari with all my strength .
To protect my PVC and uphold no violence and trouble, so help me God! Amen...........share if u agreed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by madridguy(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
kingslly:
There's no e-war btw us,all i want to know is how and where the opposition intends to apply Change, the innovative steps they'll take in making our country great or is the Word "CHANGE" just their way of getting attention?

I believe the answer to that is everywhere. I don't know where you live but if you have visisted any APC state you will know what change really means.
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by bidex(m): 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Mynd44:
The APC which seems to be the main opposition to the PDP in Nigeria has for sometime now been vigorously pushing for the ousting of President Jonathan and his administration in the next general elections and they will need the votes of the general public. They’ve been doing some convincing to the people who are undecided, now regarded with the somewhat derogatory term of “fencist”. Right now, I find myself sitting down wondering about some important issues. My questions are based on these points.

Body Language: In the last Presidential elections, the APC (or if you like ACN) had a candidate to run against the president and just hours before the election, they allegedly dumped him for reasons best known to them. This singular act shows them as unserious and some might even say they are just in the race for running sake. In my opinion, the greatest damage done by that singular act was to their supporters and of course the candidate, AIG Nuhu Ribadu (rtd). After all the resources and funds put into a campaign you chicken out in the end and leave your people to dry? It speaks volume as they have set a precedence of them being unserious.

Candidates: I am not comfortable with some presidential candidates the APC brought. Buhari, Atiku etc are not what I will call presidential materials either based on past mismanagement of funds or being a dictator to human right abuses. Why not others? How come more people are not opting to contest and seek office? Must we be saddled with the same old people? Yes we know people like Kwankwoso and Rochas contested in the primary but still it was evident from the start that it was a battle between Buhari and Atiku. Atiku was third (which remains a shocker)

Insecurity: This is another problem. We all admit that this is a problem for all Nigerians but has the APC done enough to fight it? Have they shown support towards fighting this scourge that has left thousands dead, about a million displaced and also fear in the heart of a lot of Nigerians? What has the APC done to support the fight apart from endless criticism? Have APC brought out or proffered solutions to fighting this? The killing of members of the NYSC in the North after the elections comes to mind. Some may say that most of the perpetrators were CPC supporters but they have joined the ACN to form APC, so APC should please answer. Statements: This is another point that has been scary (well to me). A lot of statements credited to top members of the APC has not been comfortable ones. I find it careless and annoying the statements I hear and sometimes, I fear they can cause war.

Notable amongst these statements is the threat by the Director-General of their Presidential campaign, Governor Rotimi Amaechi that a parallel government will be formed if they lose. Does anyone remember that this kind of action led to the arrest and detention of Chief MKO Abiola?

Political Prostitution: It is difficult seeing a candidate scream XYZ today and tomorrow screams ABC. Most of the members of the APC were once in the opposition which they labelled as thieves and corrupt. Look at the case of Ekiti where Segun Oni joined the APC. That is a move that shocked even me because everyone remember the propaganda war he had with Fayemi before the courts declared in Fayemi’s favor. Endless Criticisms: Okay so the APC plays the role of an opposition party well. Yes they know how to criticize everything this administration does when campaigning but is that what their campaigns are about? I am tired of hearing what the other guys are going, what do you have for us. When you criticize, you need to also give solutions so you don’t seem to be just doing it because you can or because you are against them. The APC and PDP are both agents of Nigeria’s development right but how about saying what the government is doing right and then when you say what they are doing wrong, tell them what they should have done.

Future Plans: What does the APC have for us? What are their ideas, what will they do about security, poverty, electricity, mortality rate. Education etc. No one is talking about this or they are not talking about it enough. It seems to be a case of making a lot of noise but not really saying anything.

http://opinionriver.com/oluwamynd-vote-apc-2015/

your analysis is onesided and its obvious you are one of those that clamor for People Deceive People and their antics. This your post and all stupid commissioning Ebele doing about at dying minutes has given me convintion that My vote counts alot for PDP opposition and will always want a change and try new innovation.
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Anglovel: 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed.

I have decided.
Sai Ebele
Sai Jonathan!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by somegirl1: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
sammyyoung2:
Now av read........

One question.........

Plz write a composition on these......

Why should I vote for PDP

Your point would matter more, u wid av to be on the defensive side rather Dan pointing accusing fingers to an untested government of CHANGE

Your post would have made a lot of sense if the individuals in question were truly untested.

PDP, APC same product, different packaging.

Any and every PDP defectors is welcomed into APC, no questions asked, no screening whatsoever of new entrants. Instead their defection is celebrated like some victory over the PDP.
Despite having more credible members like Fashola and Duke, they chose to field a 3 time loser as their candidate. That says that they have no or little regard for Nigerian voters, who have collectively rejected Buhari 3 times in a row.
No party in a developed country with serious plans to overthrow an incumbent would field him.

APC does not represent change.

Change might come from one of the smaller unknown parties

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by thaoriginator: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
pendy79:

it wasn't mynd44 who wrote the piece, he only copied and paste though I think it is dubious and too ignorant to have posted the opinion when any informed person can see the flaws in the argument of the writer
Oh, I see. That's a very misleading opinion and even worst for one like him posting it. Thnx fo d clearance thou
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
Man go and get your PVC first and stop one sided talk.
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Independa: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
My problem is that INEC is disenfranchising me already. I registered in another state. Have since moved to another (Abia) & they say I can't vote from here. Please someone should tell them to form a national database so that I can vote. I think APC have so far not convinced me. Its GEJ with his limitations, all the way, praying that he improves, as he has promised.I want his programs to be finished before someone cancels them. For me, he seems better. We need change, but not anyhow/one. My take

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by pendy79: 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
thaoriginator:
Oh, I see. That's a very misleading opinion and even worst for one like him posting it. Thnx fo d clearance thou

you welcome, everyone wants to be the topic of discussion on NL this days and the hottest gist on NL is to say you need protection of some sorts and wolla you're trending on NL
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by buggaboo: 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
Threecrownz:
Hmmmmh.....Nice write up.....even d PDP has said nutin concerning education reforms.......even GMB keeps talkin about corruption,security and d economy but not education( the soul of nation building )......God help us in dis naija..none of the two is capable of taking us to d promise land........but one of dem wil surely emerge as d president....

God bless you. Education is indeed the soul of nation building. Buhari obviously does not appear to value education as much as GEJ does.
Although I am frustrated with GEJ's government, Buhari is a worse alternative.
Boko Haram and Buhari are tacitly supporting each other. Security is one of the main promises of an APC government, yet they haven't explained how they'll achieve it.

PLUS, if Buhari wins Seun's revenue from nairaland will go down by 90%.
All your IP addresses will be collected from Seun and dissenters will be hunted down.
Most of us will return to being read-only users of nairaland.

In other words we will all be gagged even the so called progressives/ APC supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by thaoriginator: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
pendy79:

you welcome, everyone wants to be the topic of discussion on NL this days and the hottest gist on NL is to say you need protection of some sorts and wolla you're trending on NL
Lol.. I don't want to trend on that part like Barcanista grin I am consciously protected.
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by lacasa: 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The sudden change in Barcänista and Mynd44 is not ordinary. They are induced. I remember a PDP supporter on one of Barcänista's thread boasted that the next person that would come to them would be Mynd44.

"What does it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul, Wisdom is better than silver and gold" - the bible

That's all I throw at them
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Omooba77: 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
Mynd44:
The APC which seems to be the main opposition to the PDP in Nigeria has for sometime now been vigorously pushing for the ousting of President Jonathan and his administration in the next general elections and they will need the votes of the general public. They’ve been doing some convincing to the people who are undecided, now regarded with the somewhat derogatory term of “fencist”. Right now, I find myself sitting down wondering about some important issues. My questions are based on these points.

Body Language: In the last Presidential elections, the APC (or if you like ACN) had a candidate to run against the president and just hours before the election, they allegedly dumped him for reasons best known to them. This singular act shows them as unserious and some might even say they are just in the race for running sake. In my opinion, the greatest damage done by that singular act was to their supporters and of course the candidate, AIG Nuhu Ribadu (rtd). After all the resources and funds put into a campaign you chicken out in the end and leave your people to dry? It speaks volume as they have set a precedence of them being unserious.

Candidates: I am not comfortable with some presidential candidates the APC brought. Buhari, Atiku etc are not what I will call presidential materials either based on past mismanagement of funds or being a dictator to human right abuses. Why not others? How come more people are not opting to contest and seek office? Must we be saddled with the same old people? Yes we know people like Kwankwoso and Rochas contested in the primary but still it was evident from the start that it was a battle between Buhari and Atiku. Atiku was third (which remains a shocker)

Insecurity: This is another problem. We all admit that this is a problem for all Nigerians but has the APC done enough to fight it? Have they shown support towards fighting this scourge that has left thousands dead, about a million displaced and also fear in the heart of a lot of Nigerians? What has the APC done to support the fight apart from endless criticism? Have APC brought out or proffered solutions to fighting this? The killing of members of the NYSC in the North after the elections comes to mind. Some may say that most of the perpetrators were CPC supporters but they have joined the ACN to form APC, so APC should please answer. Statements: This is another point that has been scary (well to me). A lot of statements credited to top members of the APC has not been comfortable ones. I find it careless and annoying the statements I hear and sometimes, I fear they can cause war.

Notable amongst these statements is the threat by the Director-General of their Presidential campaign, Governor Rotimi Amaechi that a parallel government will be formed if they lose. Does anyone remember that this kind of action led to the arrest and detention of Chief MKO Abiola?

Political Prostitution: It is difficult seeing a candidate scream XYZ today and tomorrow screams ABC. Most of the members of the APC were once in the opposition which they labelled as thieves and corrupt. Look at the case of Ekiti where Segun Oni joined the APC. That is a move that shocked even me because everyone remember the propaganda war he had with Fayemi before the courts declared in Fayemi’s favor. Endless Criticisms: Okay so the APC plays the role of an opposition party well. Yes they know how to criticize everything this administration does when campaigning but is that what their campaigns are about? I am tired of hearing what the other guys are going, what do you have for us. When you criticize, you need to also give solutions so you don’t seem to be just doing it because you can or because you are against them. The APC and PDP are both agents of Nigeria’s development right but how about saying what the government is doing right and then when you say what they are doing wrong, tell them what they should have done.

Future Plans: What does the APC have for us? What are their ideas, what will they do about security, poverty, electricity, mortality rate. Education etc. No one is talking about this or they are not talking about it enough. It seems to be a case of making a lot of noise but not really saying anything.

http://opinionriver.com/oluwamynd-vote-apc-2015/

Another man has seen the light,thank God,APC is a fraud,but youth are been deceived with CHANGE,that is not,Welcome home boy,Barcanista will share orange with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Omooba77: 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Why should any sane youth vote for Jonathan that has no plan for them? Why should they vote for a man that watched their colleagues killed in the NIS exam without punishing those culpable?
Just reading about you win programme through SUREP

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
madridguy:
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed.

I have decided.
Sai Baba
Sai Buhari
The more the saing of buhari the more the stayinh of Jona. Jonah till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by sparkleboy(m): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
stebell:

He dumped that sinking and smelling ship since 1900.

Barcanista is now Sai GEJ till 2019.

Yeeeeeeeeepa

GEJ don dey win

Stebell come and direct me to the link where he recanted! PLssssssss angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
what this so called agent of change keep shouting during their rallies in all the states they campaign in is "change jonathan" and "sai buhari" and i keep on wondering if these people dont have ideologies or manifestos to tell the people. they tell us how jonathan has failed without telling us what they will do to wright the wrong. they also accuse pdp members of corruption while they celebrate the so called corrupt person when he/she deffect to apc.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Psalmwise(m): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
undecidedpls wats happening here, who is apc is it a type of injection , is pdp a name of a programminglanguage
am confused
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by dein77(m): 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Nashoji:
what this so called agent of change keep shouting during their rallies in all the states they campaign in is "change jonathan" and "sai buhari" and i keep on wondering if these people dont have ideologies or manifestos to tell the people. they tell us how jonathan has failed without telling us what they will do to wright the wrong. they also accuse pdp members of corruption while they celebrate the so called corrupt person when he/she deffect to apc.

They can't give what they have not. They have nothing meaningful to sell to the discerning mind. They are all a very well packaged lie.

It's all about grabbing power by ALL means. ..

We now know th better.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by omega2128(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
My Fellow Countrymen!,

There is a chance, Buhari could be WORSE than
Jonathan, there is a chance Buhari could be
BETTER than Jonathan But there is absolutely NO CHANCE Jonathan Could Be Better Than Jonathan!

So Vote Wisely

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by omega2128(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
I'm not surprised at all, about a week ago,
mynd44 was eyeing Gwagon on femmy's
thread on auto section.
EVERYONE HAS A PRICE TAG!

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by PointB: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
taharqa:

God bless you, my bruv pointB.

Same questions I have always asked: What would happen to some of the very important reforms that are already going on if (and God forbid) Buhari wins.

Has any body ever heard either Buhari or APC address this crucial issue?? Or are we going back to the same reason why nigeria has really never made continuous progress after mote than 55 years of nationhood?? A
Will we be going back to Yar'adua all over again??

This was the most important reason why I wanted the debate to hold. But guess who ran away from it??

God bless you too my brother.

Obviously, Buhari and his party men are playing Nigeria for a fool. They are building what is called 'plausible deniability.' If Buhari does not debate or elucidate his program, it then means that in the unlikely event that he wins, he can't be held accountable. We keep hearing of some APC manifesto, pray which APC state has implemented this manifesto and what difference has it made?

Buhari needs to explain to Nigeria public, via debate what his agendas are, and how he intend to pursue them. Anything short of that is disingenuous and akin to political corruption!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by stebell(m): 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eluwilussit:

And be shouting sai this and sai that, everywhere. Idiots.

Zombie grin see ur face.
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by demandtruth: 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
omega2128:
I'm not surprised at all, about a week ago,
mynd44 was eyeing Gwagon on femmy's
thread on auto section.
EVERYONE HAS A PRICE TAG!

Hmmmm, wonder will never cease

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. / Is Buhari's June 12 Declaration Targeted At Obasanjo? / President Muhammadu Buhari Arrives London For A Private Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.