Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s (27180 Views)

Stephen Keshi, Sam Okwaraji And Peter Rufai (Throwback Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo, Peter Rufai In Bauchi For Novelty Match.Pics / Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by olusode97(m): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
superneutral:
where is keshi plzzz
he should be the 1 @ the first picture by the left
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by ITbomb(m): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
With their boxers lol
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by follygabby: 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ALL THESE BLOGS TO MERGE? ENOUGH OF ALL THIS SAME STORY ON ALL BLOGS, LINDAIKEJI and Nairaland especially............nawah ooo

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by anytexy: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
I no see keshi there ooo. I beg make una show me keshi now?
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by IGBOSON1: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Some are rocking jerry-curls....quite the in thing in the 80s! grin
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by EagleScribes: 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
veraiyke:
Peter rufai using hanker-chief as captain band

He wasn't the captain as of then. He became captain in 1998 or so
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by ElFenomeno1: 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
Seems Keshi is the first Nigerian player to start taping football socks ..... grin
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by sexymoma(f): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
SmooshCHN:
grin grin See Swag.

@sexymoma tongue Saying Hy from My Bugatti Veyron. Next time Baby wink
it fine you win... cool

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by amanze15(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
Its a thing of joy looking at this pics, heard half of them reside in the STATES, the young would surely get old cheesy, i just want to be happy growing old
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
the first pix tho DICK ;Dthe first pix tho DICK
look am wella
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by SmooshCHN: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
sexymoma:
it fine you win... cool
smiley
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Ljboy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
Abeg which one be keshi 4 dia? Cux na dry k-legged hungry ppl I jux dey c
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by bigtt76(f): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
When Super Green Eagles were still super green grin nor bi now wen even Chad de beat us for our home ground tongue. I keep saying this until Super Eagles return back to National Stadium, Surulere ....we will continue to have issues undecided
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by femi4: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
superneutral:
where is keshi plzzz
Between late Okwaraji and Rufai
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Fellonigerians: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sam Okwaraji, RIP!!!
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Eureka123(f): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
Iamsynord:
is there Currently any monument or anything dedicated in the remembrance of Samuel Okparaji in the country.??

Yup. In Alvan Ikoku college of Education, there is a statue in his memory.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eureka123:

Yup. In Alvan Ikoku college of Education, there is a statue in his memory.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by yadnus1(m): 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
So Samuel Okwaraji's dreadlock is not natural afterall.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by thaoriginator: 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
All I see is pricks standings grin
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by stagger: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
That game was played at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium against Algeria. We won 2-0 with goals by Ademola Adesina and Henry Nwosu to qualify for Seoul '88 Olympic games with a 2-1 goals aggregate.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by badassProdigy(m): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
wisemany2k:

See their hot-pant shorts.... No wonder women love watching football wink
lolz... cheesy
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Missmossy(f): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
Omo see transformation grin
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Lawalemi(m): 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
Shehucom:
I love dat keepers swag.. shows a true Nigerian compatriot
Those were the days you serve Nigeria with pride and not the play for money syndrome that now pervade the system
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by caniva(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lolzzz...See PETER RUFAI with his Old Skool style. grin grin grin grin grin

E'yah! Life indeed is historical.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by afeez5808(m): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
Those days
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Urine: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
veraiyke:
Peter rufai using hanker-chief as captain band

I thought I was the only person that saw it.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Akposkool(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
God bless these soldiers that set the tone for Nigeria football. Rip okparaji. Used to hear your story from my elder bro. Keshi looks super hot. How I wish he continued to look after his physique like amokachi is doing. All the same we are proud of these men because they played for the joy of the game. Forza SUPER EAGLES
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by maiunguwar: 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
I remember Sunday Eboigbe breaking the leg of an Algerian attacker during the third place play off at Maroc 88.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Icon4s(m): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
Peter Rufai and Stephen Keshi were not members of the Seoul Olympic Qualifiers team. That was the then Green Eagles.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Icon4s(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
maiunguwar:
I remember Sunday Eboigbe breaking the leg of an Algerian attacker during the third place play off at Maroc 88.

Wrong. Firstly it was a semi-final clash. Recall that Nigeria played in the final against Cameroun.
Secondly, player that broke the Algerian player's leg was Bright Omokaro (that was where he earned his nick-name 10-10).
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by easyelliot(m): 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
See how Green and classic their jerseys are.....with NIGERIA in bold on front....
Nothing better
Re: Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s by Icon4s(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2015
This obviousely is nt the Seoul Olympic Team. Linda Ikeji or where ever this came from got it wrong. Peter Rufai and Stephen Keshi were never part of the class of '88 Olympics team. The Seoul Olympic goalies were Willfred Agbinavbare, David Ngodigha and Willie Okpara.

This was the Green Eagles of '88. Though Sam Okwaraji was also in d Olympics team. The Seoul 88 memory is still fresh in my head and i still remember most of d players.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama And Team Mates Relax In Jacuzzi [photo] / Diego Maradona Dances In Dressing Room After First Win As Gimnasia Coach(Photos) / Super Eagles Drop Osimhen & Shehu, Invite Four New Players For AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.