Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website (40039 Views)

Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit / Buhari In London Hospital, Not Listed On Chatham House’ Speakers List As Claimed / Buhari Off To UK, To Speak At UK's Chatham House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Eluwilussit(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
I truly don't want to believe the level of sensational stupidity that our youths exhibit. APC lied to us last week that Buhari had gone to UK to speak at Chatham House, even though there was no such arrangement at the time. We don't see anything wrong with that? Why should we then believe or not believe all the theories flying around?

It is time our people started practicing honesty. Partial truth, is a lie. Even if Buhari finally gets his slot, the truth will remain that it is more or less an attempt to save face. Our presidential candidate shouldn't be begging to speak at Chatham House. Are they gonna vote for him in March? Unless Buhari is forming an alliance, in case he has to form a parallel govt or go to war.

We need to tread cautiously.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by dre11(m): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
Vision2045:

[s]Mr brainfull...what the op typed is beyond what's on d site...if u truly have brain go to the real site and confirm that the general is just a participant that registered... if u quote me again with rubbish comment I will distrust ur existence[/s].

I thought I was talking with someone reasonable but you proved me wrong

Won't reply you again but you can check this site your self and stop ranting

http://www.chathamhouse.org/event/prospects-democratic-consolidation-africa-nigerias-transition#sthash.mKFSTzME.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Laycan(m): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
siraj1402:
God punish Fayose and his agents.

Amen IJN
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by orble: 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Topeakintola:
Where are TANoids? Please dont commit suicide, more to come...

Buhari will be your president come May 2015

The International community is already embracing Buhari as the next president

Sai Baba

Him wan win election in London hospital #ROFLOL

GEJ till Buhari kick the bucket.
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by MyIncorp: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
todayboy:
he is only participating he is not a guest lecturer as claimed by APC. but am very sure his doctor at the hospital will not allow him to give the lecture

Did you read the overview at all? It says Buhari will "DISCUSS"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Chiaka(f): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
papaejima1:
Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria's Transition

26 Feb 2015 - 10:00 to 11:00

Chatham House, London
Africa Programme, Nigeria Project

Lol! I knew this was coming. After much shouts of not seeing GEM as an invitee on Chatham, as they claimed, they have succeeded in wangling him in. Guess they talked with the site owners for a slot because of the current shout shout!!

http://www.chathamhouse.org/event/prospects-democratic-consolidation-africa-nigerias-transition
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Laycan(m): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
dre11:

I thought I was talking with someone reasonable but you proved me wrong

Won't reply you again but you can check this site your self and stop ranting

http://www.chathamhouse.org/event/prospects-democratic-consolidation-africa-nigerias-transition#sthash.mKFSTzME.dpuf

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by gulfer: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
todayboy:
he is only participating he is not a guest lecturer as claimed by APC. but am very sure his doctor at the hospital will not allow him to give the lecture
Did you see the speaker sign by Buhari's name

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by GodsKate: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
Keep up with news/events/business/research/.... at lower cost:---
Mtn&Etisalat data available@cheaper rates for your mobile phones&via modem.
(Mtn1gb=N1200/1300, etisalat1gb=N1400/1500).
Call/SMS/Whatspp:
GK on 08032719286 or
HC on 08033756845 to order.
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
This man should take his health very serious.He went to u.k to attend to his deteriorating health.
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by wonlasewonimi: 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
BrosPeter:
I now believe Buhari was actually sick before he travelled. Why would he live Nigeria before they approve a spot for him? This story is best told to ss2 pupils, only brain dead people would actually believe Buhari was well when he travelled out.

This man is sick.

Even if you have that silly schedule he's had, you'd have been admitted into igbobi by now. Is he above sickness?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Chiaka(f): 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eluwilussit:
I truly don't want to believe the level of sensational stupidity that our youths exhibit. APC lied to us last week that Buhari had gone to UK to speak at Chatham House, even though there was no such arrangement at the time. We don't see anything wrong with that? Why should we then believe or not believe all the theories flying around?

It is time our people started practicing honesty. Partial truth, is a liar. Even if Buhari finally gets his slot, the truth will remain that it is more or less an attempt to save face. Our presidential candidate shouldn't be begging to speak at Chatham House. Are the gonna vote for him in March? Unless Buhari is forming an alliance, in case he has to form a parallel govt or go to war.

Lol! I knew this was coming. After much shouts of not seeing GEM as an invitee on Chatham, as they claimed, they have succeeded in wangling him in. Guess they talked with the site owners for a slot because of the current shout shout!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Danhumprey: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
ITbomb:
I hope Hausa translators will be in attendance as well
grincheesygrin
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by VANHELLSING: 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Oooch pa buhari with his pathetic diction go disgrace Nigeria before the eyes of the whole world ahhh ....shame don de catch me already cry cry

On a serious note, if I'm buharis son I will be ashamed to ever introduce him to my friends as my father, because of his speech defect. R.I.P ENGLISH
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by OgologoDimkpa: 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
After una don lobby finish shocked

Grammar will tumble upon itself that day embarassed

My Kwantiri and kwaraption will be dealt with.
My Kwaraption, suffry- suffry speak ya cattle rearer grammar
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Apc has started again.That was how they presented forged secondary second certificate for the puppet general.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by ayindejimmy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidstones:
This speaks volumes about a typical Nigerians mentality. I honesty pity my generation. Buhari is answerable to every Nigerians if he is clamouring to lead over 150 million people. Does that help you sir? Even if we wont vote for him, Nigerians still need to know about his state or dont you think so?

Now that you had to call me out.
Lemme repeat myself clearly. Buhari is not answerable to any pdp fans.
1, All you guys trying to do is pull him down. So why should he be bothered by your hypocritically laced ranting.
2, He needs to direct his time and energy to those that have faith in him. Those that wish him well. That's where he gets the energy to live through to inimical plans of pdp and rigorous processes of campaigns.
If and when he's elected... Then everyone can have him. Cos he's now Nigeria's property.
4, All he needs now is constructive criticism. And it doesn't seem like pdp have that in mind whenever they open their mouth
5, Buhari will give only people that focus on issues based criticism audience not those only interested in propagandas and gossips about his family.
6,No apc member questioned Gej when he travelled to Germany for medical checkup. So Buhari is not expecting to entertain any interrogation from people with sinister inclinations.
Those of us that have faith in Buhari knows he's in good condition of health. But for those that choose to believe otherwise... Buhari can't help you with the otherwise you have chosen to believe.
I can go on and on. .. But my lunch break is over.
Hope you got the message with this little epistle?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Eluwilussit(m): 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Chiaka:

I guess so too. We are too petty as a people. Shame. If them like make them wear a fox all the bling bling in the world, he will still be a fox. I pity nigerians if Buhari wins. It will amount to a slap to those who suffered for democracy under him. It's so shameful.
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by johnpalmer774(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindicandy:
if we cannot understand his poor command of english is it the oyibo that will understand it? This is a total waste of time and resources because whatever he will say there will not make any sense to the viewers. He should have spared all these time wasting in London and go and get his Cambridge WAEC result.

Mr Mumu don't use WE instead use U because i can understand everything he has been saying . Go to school u no gree so y will u understand what he has been saying .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by OgologoDimkpa: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eluwilussit:

It is time our people started practicing honesty. Partial truth, is a liar. Even if Buhari finally gets his slot, the truth will remain that it is more or less an attempt to save face. Our presidential candidate shouldn't be begging to speak at Chatham House. Are the gonna vote for him in March? Unless Buhari is forming an alliance, in case he has to form a parallel govt or go to war.

APCheats are filled with crooked, forgers and liars
They lobbied seriously for Bukohari to get this slot just to save face.
This is the change they are parading about embarassed
I laugh at anyone that take this party serious.

GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by agabusta: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eluwilussit:

PLEASE USE YOUR HEAD! When did APC tell you the nonsense you wrote there? The press statement did not categorically say Buhari went to UK to speak at Chatham House. It said they hope he'll speak. You are talking about truth, but your statement is not truthful to the letter. You should be ashamed of yourself. The only point categorical in their press release is that "In the course of the visit, Buhari is expected to hold meetings with key members of the British political establishment"

The APC Statement reads:
The Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General
Muhammadu Buhari today (Thursday) left Abuja on a short working visit to
the United Kingdom.

In the course of this visit, General Buhari is expected to hold meetings
with key members of the British political establishment and interact with
some global institutions with stakeholder interest in the affairs of
Nigeria.

General Buhari would hopefully give a talk at the prestigious foreign
policy hub, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, Chatam House in
London.

If you dont have comprehension issues, what this simply implies is that they have not yet booked a confirmed spot but hoped he would be given a spot so you need to eat the trash you wrote up there about 'saving face'. Hatred seems to have clouded the reasoning faculty of a lot of you guys.
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by OgologoDimkpa: 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
ITbomb:
I hope Hausa translators will be in attendance as well
grin
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by OgologoDimkpa: 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
Richard6:
APC will not win 2015 presidential election so long Buhari remains their flag bearer!
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by project8(m): 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Participants
General Muhammadu
Buhari, Presidential
Candidate, All Progressives
Congress, Nigeria
Chair: Sir Richard Gozney
KCMG CVO KStJ, British
High Commissioner to
Nigeria (2004-07)
Overview
The postponement of Nigeria’s fifth
election since its return to civilian
rule in 1999, together with fierce
political competition, a security crisis
and severe economic challenges
linked to the drop in oil price, have
thrown into sharp relief the
challenges of conducting this
essential process in such a complex
environment. While there is
widespread speculation as to the
reasons for the delay, there is also
widespread acknowledgment of the
necessity that national elections do
now take place as scheduled on
28 March.
General Muhammadu Buhari,
former military ruler (1983-85) and
now opposition presidential
candidate, will discuss the
importance of democracy for Africa’s
future, and in particular why
delivering dividends of elected
government matter both to Nigeria
and internationally.
LIVE STREAM: This event will be live
streamed. The live stream will be
made available at 10:00 GMT on
Thursday 26 February.
ASK A QUESTION: Send questions for
the speaker by using #CHAfrica on
Twitter. A selection will be put to
him during the event.
Please apply to attend by midnight
on Tuesday 24 February.
Applications received after this time
will not be considered.
Entry to this meeting is restricted to
e-ticket holders only.
RESEARCH EVENT
Chris Vandome
+44 (0)20 7314 3669

EVENT CONTACT

Email
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Chiaka(f): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I guess so too. We are too petty as a people. Shame. If them like make them wear a fox all the bling bling in the world, he will still be a fox. I pity nigerians if Buhari wins. It will amount to a slap to those who suffered for democracy under him. It's so shameful.

He wont win! I believe, everyday events keep unfolding and na so things dey clear more and more, and people eyes dey open more and more.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Kbworld: 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
I hope some SataNoid won't hang themselves, GMB is being treated like a president already. sai baban Zahra

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Eluwilussit(m): 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
agabusta:

PLEASE USE YOUR HEAD! When did APC tell you the nonsense you wrote there? The press statement did not categorically say Buhari went to UK to speak at Chatham House. It said they hope he'll speak. You are talking about truth, but your statement is not truthful to the letter. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If you dont have comprehension issues, what this simply implies is that they have not yet booked a confirmed spot but hoped he would be given a spot so you need to eat the trash you wrote up there about 'saving face'. Hatred seems to have clouded the reasoning faculty of a lot of you guys.

When you were jumping all over every thread, boasting that he was with Tony Blair and was gonna talk at Chatham House, why didn't you postulate this same argument? Hypocrite. It is your hatred for jonathan that's shameful. Watch him win again. Buhari is a coupist and a despot. Period.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Eluwilussit(m): 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
Chiaka:

He wont win! I believe, everyday events keep unfolding and na so things dey clear more and more, and people eyes dey open more and more.

I hope he doesn't. I can't stand a 72 yr old coupist as president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by agabusta: 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
ayindejimmy:

1, All you guys trying to do is pull him down. So why should he be bothered by your hypocritically laced ranting.
2, He needs to direct his time and energy to those that have faith in him. Those that wish him well. That's where he gets the energy to live through to inimical plans of pdp and rigorous processes of campaigns.
If and when he's elected... Then everyone can have him. Cos he's now Nigeria's property.
4, All he needs now is constructive criticism. And it doesn't seem like pdp have that in mind whenever they open their mouth
5, Buhari will give only people that focus on issues based criticism audience not those only interested in propagandas and gossips about his family.
6,No apc member questioned Gej when he travelled to Germany for medical checkup. So Buhari is not expecting to entertain any interrogation from people with sinister inclinations.
Those of us that have faith in Buhari knows he's in good condition of health. But for those that choose to believe otherwise... Buhari can't help you with the otherwise you have chosen to believe.

Thank you for taking your time to give such a reply. I am just sick and tired of this PDP goons. They all seem to have mental instability with the way they are going about issues.
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by davidstones: 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
I have never and will never wish Buhari ill health. He is human and so his health is not in his hand so to say. So please get that straight in your mind that am not one of those wishing him dead. That is against what I stand for. However, Buhari and APC is as corrupt as the PDPs. Actually APC is worse. Check BUhari's and APC handlers and sponsors and tell us a single one of them that have a CLEAN SLATE. I am not asking for two just name one who got his or her wealth with a clean labour of theirs.

ayindejimmy:

Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by davidstones: 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
How my friend? By speaking at Chatham house taking over a week to arrange a hurried one hour participation at an event? So that looks presidential to you? hmmm. Ok o.

Kbworld:
I hope some SataNoid won't hang themselves, GMB is being treated like a president already. sai baban Zahra
Re: Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website by Alimtoheeb(m): 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindicandy:
if we cannot understand his poor command of english is it the oyibo that will understand it? This is a total waste of time and resources because whatever he will say there will not make any sense to the viewers. He should have spared all these time wasting in London and go and get his Cambridge WAEC result.
...,...i suggest we send Grammarian Dame to replace him to give d speach, i think dat will sound nd work well.....chai.......when are u gonna stop being a fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave / The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch / Gbolahan Lawal To Be Named New Oniru - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.